PDA

View Full Version : Outcry about Paltrow

sandsjames
05-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Why must everyone cause an uproar every time someone uses "war" as a comparison? It's so annoying. War has been used as a simile forever. Are people really stupid enough to think the comments have the intention of downplaying the things the military goes through in a war zone? Get over it people!

OtisRNeedleman
05-31-2014, 09:37 PM
Anyway, who cares if Gwyneth Paltrow even exists?

sandsjames
05-31-2014, 10:51 PM

Ok...take her out of it. Are we no longer aloud to use the word "war" in a comparison because it someone takes away from the sacrifices the military members make in combat?

GeoDude
06-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Americans have a collective war boner - and as a direct result many consider service members some sort of elite, privileged class - I used to subscribe to several military facebook pages - but eventually I stopped because I got sick of all the silly outrage because some civilian said this or that.

My fellow service members make me embarrassed sometimes. Especially the Marines - Marines don't mix well with social media, especially when it comes to Obama's birth certificate, or the FEMA camps.

I do. I like her. :)

Class5Kayaker
06-02-2014, 03:53 PM

She gets hotter with every Iron Man release....:D

Greg
06-02-2014, 05:07 PM

Give her a call. I heard she might be free on February 1, 2015, and could possibly be in the Glendale, AZ. area. Oh, she really likes popcorn.

Rainmaker
06-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Pepper Potts makes Rainmaker's sticker peck up. NomSayin?

Sergeant eNYgma
06-05-2014, 01:07 PM

She does but the movies suck more with every release...

Iron 1 > 2 >>> 3

And yeah, she's hot...dunno what she said though.

sandsjames
06-05-2014, 02:05 PM
She does but the movies suck more with every release...

Iron 1 > 2 >>> 3

And yeah, she's hot...dunno what she said though.

She said that, when it came to Twitter, it was like celebrities were going to war to defend themselves against the comments people made.

For some reason many claimed that this was disrespectful to the military.

AJBIGJ
06-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately we are yet another tool of over-sensitive demagogues. Alongside homosexuals, race, and gender. I would never advocate limiting free speech, but there are plenty of people who I wish would take a little time to take a deep breath and analyze things intellectually before they hit the "Enter" key. This would be one of those instances.

sandsjames
06-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately we are yet another tool of over-sensitive demagogues. Alongside homosexuals, race, and gender. I would never advocate limiting free speech, but there are plenty of people who I wish would take a little time to take a deep breath and analyze things intellectually before they hit the "Enter" key. This would be one of those instances.

So you think she shouldn't have made the analogy? When's the last time someone was in an uproar about 2 football teams "going to war" or two UFC fighters "going to war"? Should it ethically be off limits? Is the military that elite that any mention of war outside of actual war should be thought of as insensitive?

If she hadn't been a "Hollywood liberal" then there wouldn't have been an issue.

Smeghead
06-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Here's her response.

Paltrow responded, with this letter obtained exclusively by Duffel Blog:

Dear Mr. Green Beret,

Thank you for the letter. Your handwriting was impressively legible given your robotic prosthesis. You may recall I wore the Iron Man suit once so I understand how difficult it can be to complete simple tasks without assistance.

First of all, I can too identify with your limbless friends. Ever since World War II, many Hollywood actors have gone to war. Some like Jimmy Stewart and Clark Gable actually fought. If you remember, I played the wife of a police investigator in the movie Se7en where I was decapitated. Rehabbing from that kind of trauma helped me identify with the hardships our service members and their spouses face without ever having to be in the same room with any of them.

I have also been witness to and participated in a number of battles. The latest was when the Chitauri invaded New York City and my on screen love interest and his crack team of operators employed a nuclear device to save the Earth. I doubt you’ve ever had to endure the moral dilemma of whether or not to employ nuclear weapons. It’s traumatic to say the least. Then there was the time I caught a mutant swine plague virus in Hong Kong. Not only did I nearly wipe out the entire human race, but I died again. You haven’t the first clue how difficult that was, I didn’t leave my set trailer for a week.

What I consider dehumanizing is the damaging way your energy of consciousness affects the universe. Molecules behave differently depending on the negativity being expressed by traumatically injured minds like yours. It’s sad that your only recourse in life was to join the military industrial complex, transforming you into a hateful degenerate perpetuating the cycle of violence both on and off the internet.

Conversely, I have dedicated myself to informing and positively inspiring my audience with my uncompromising culture and style.

Thank you for your service.