PDA

View Full Version : Attention Ramstein Shoppers!

MACHINE666
04-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Attention Ramstein Shoppers!

How many people here are currently stationed at Ramstein or the KMC area? How many people have been stationed here previously, or are here currently TDY?

The reason why I ask, is because I am thinking how I can start my own business here, and I want ideas on what the KMC is sorely lacking. I will write up a business plan using a SWOT analysis and then present it to the 86 AW/JA and the powers that be for approval.

So....in all seriousness, how can I offer a business or a service that people would need?

Thanks!

imported_DannyJ
04-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Attention Ramstein Shoppers!

How many people here are currently stationed at Ramstein or the KMC area? How many people have been stationed here previously, or are here currently TDY?

The reason why I ask, is because I am thinking how I can start my own business here, and I want ideas on what the KMC is sorely lacking. I will write up a business plan using a SWOT analysis and then present it to the 86 AW/JA and the powers that be for approval.

So....in all seriousness, how can I offer a business or a service that people would need?

Thanks!

Shyt rigged coffee pots.

Mr. Happy
04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I was stationed there 2005 - 2009 and I used to hate having to get oil changed in my vehicles over at the supposedly "quick oil change" over on Kapaun. Of course I could had done it myself, but that would had still taken too much of my time; had better things to do. You get oil changed at a stateside Jiffy Lube or some other type place and you are in and out of there in about 25 minutes tops. In Germany, I pretty much had to sacrifice a weekend afternoon waiting in a long line of vehicles to get in for oil changes on base, and even once you were in, it still took forever. If I remember right, it was almost always a 3 or 4 hour ordeal. I didn't see anything comparable to a Jibby Lube or Quick Lube in the German communities.

I remember thinking to myself that you could make a mint if you opened no kidding Jiffy Lubes around K-Town; especially Ramstein. You would rake in money if the service was actually to state-side standards.

BOSS302
04-30-2014, 09:21 PM
I was stationed there 2005 - 2009 and I used to hate having to get oil changed in my vehicles over at the supposedly "quick oil change" over on Kapaun. Of course I could had done it myself, but that would had still taken too much of my time; had better things to do. You get oil changed at a stateside Jiffy Lube or some other type place and you are in and out of there in about 25 minutes tops. In Germany, I pretty much had to sacrifice a weekend afternoon waiting in a long line of vehicles to get in for oil changes on base, and even once you were in, it still took forever. If I remember right, it was almost always a 3 or 4 hour ordeal. I didn't see anything comparable to a Jibby Lube or Quick Lube in the German communities.

I remember thinking to myself that you could make a mint if you opened no kidding Jiffy Lubes around K-Town; especially Ramstein. You would rake in money if the service was actually to state-side standards.

Germany has some zany environmental laws. He would have to swim through a sea of red tape and then lose most of his profit in order to "meet the standard" in way of storage, handling, certifications, etc.

Measure Man
04-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Previously stationed there...2006-2009.

- Bratwurst/Hotdog cart. I was gone before the big BX opened, so not sure what they have, but don't remember anything like that.
- Maybe a service that helps GIs in and out process all the German utilities and get internet set up, etc.
- Maybe get a decent used car and "rent" it to new families or leaving families. That one would probably have to be under the table.
- Pet sitting, walking, grooming...
- Maybe an online buy/sell/trade/garage sale type site...seems a lot of those have sprouted up at stateside bases, don't remember if there was one for the KMC.
- Civil service usajobs resume writing/consulting for spouses
- Charter van/car/limo service.
- American-german dating service
- Host a weekly pub crawl
- Snow plowing/shoveling service...people pay you a flat monthly fee and you guarantee snow removal, whether is snows everyday or not at all.
- fishing/hunting guide
- Party host....poker games, bar service, catering
- Male prostitute

technomage1
05-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Hooters franchise

Used car rental

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-01-2014, 01:33 AM
Sell Tupperware and other cheap, low quality stuff to the Dependapotomus community.