PDA

View Full Version : MisterBen/ChiefAD

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Do not mean to thread jack but I been trying to get this message out and even tried to open a new thread and it does not take.

Admin/Moderator,
Upon logging in with my normal Misterben account and changing my e-mail address, I was then never able to respond to posts and received this message
MisterBen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This was about two weeks ago. I tried messaging everyone to fix this but no dice. Can someone fix??

Mjölnir
04-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Do not mean to thread jack but I been trying to get this message out and even tried to open a new thread and it does not take.

Admin/Moderator,
Upon logging in with my normal Misterben account and changing my e-mail address, I was then never able to respond to posts and received this message
MisterBen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This was about two weeks ago. I tried messaging everyone to fix this but no dice. Can someone fix??

I will look at it.

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 04:07 PM
I will look at it.

Thank you.

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 04:09 PM
I will look at it.

Thank you. BTW, I even PMed you with Misterben, so I guess you never received it.

Mjölnir
04-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Thank you. BTW, I even PMed you with Misterben, so I guess you never received it.

No, I did not get it.

MisterBen is not banned, but did get changed to the group "Users needing moderation" (meaning your posts have to be approved.) I **think** it is because of the email address you have entered. Do you have an alternate email address you can put in there to see if that changes it?

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 04:36 PM
I tried reverting it to my original email (which was a yahoo). I switched it to an .edu email and that is when the issue started. I even created a Misterben2 with the original email but still had the same problem.

Measure Man
04-25-2014, 04:42 PM
the group "Users needing moderation" (meaning your posts have to be approved.)

Double secret probation?

Mjölnir
04-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Double secret probation?

Not exactly. That is where newly registered users go (new accounts etc.) Their posts have to be reviewed by a moderator before posting.

Users on double secret probation are categorized in "Svartalfheim", temporarily banned users are in "Jotunheim" and permanently banned users are in "Hel" ;)

Mjölnir
04-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I tried reverting it to my original email (which was a yahoo). I switched it to an .edu email and that is when the issue started. I even created a Misterben2 with the original email but still had the same problem.

It could be the multiple accounts coming from the same IP which I am seeing.

A while back multiple user acconts were prohibited.

hmmmmm; let me play around with the mod panel. If you see MisterBen as banned in the next hour or so that is me playing with your profile.

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Not exactly. That is where newly registered users go (new accounts etc.) Their posts have to be reviewed by a moderator before posting.

Users on double secret probation are categorized in "Svartalfheim", temporarily banned users are in "Jotunheim" and permanently banned users are in "Hel" ;)

Misterben still cannot post. Are the mods checking the approval posts on a regular basis?

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 06:22 PM
It could be the multiple accounts coming from the same IP which I am seeing.

A while back multiple user acconts were prohibited.

hmmmmm; let me play around with the mod panel. If you see MisterBen as banned in the next hour or so that is me playing with your profile.

Well, if the registration process passes the sniff test and I use the accounts on my iPhone, work and home computers, then the same IP should not apply.

TJMAC77SP
04-25-2014, 07:14 PM
ChiefAD...............why do you have more than one account?

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 07:34 PM
ChiefAD...............why do you have more than one account?

I had this account used with my online ArmyTimes subscription but I forgot the password for it and did not know which e-mail address I had it with.

So I created my Misterben and used that (then totally forgot this account). Only when I tried to get my Misterben account to work and put in my military e-mail address was when I saw this it was associated with my ChiefAD. Then today, I was finally able to post and get a mod to act on getting my Misterben account to work. It still does not.

Also, I stated that I created another account Misterben2 before finding the password to the Chief account, to resolve my problem.

Mjölnir
04-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Well, if the registration process passes the sniff test and I use the accounts on my iPhone, work and home computers, then the same IP should not apply.

No, but you will need to decide which account you want to keep, alternate / multiple accounts were prohibited a while ago.

Right now I am more interested in trying to get MisterBen working; out of curiousity on my part and in case that is the one you prefer to keep.

Mjölnir
04-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Misterben still cannot post. Are the mods checking the approval posts on a regular basis?

I don't see anything pending from that account.

Are you able to log on & view the forums? Type a post and click the button, then it just doesn't show up in the activity stream?

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 08:10 PM
I don't see anything pending from that account.

Are you able to log on & view the forums? Type a post and click the button, then it just doesn't show up in the activity stream?

There is no reply button as Misterben. Only reply with quote and then that message appears when pressed.

You can view the threads without logging in. It just keeps saying that a mod needs to activate my account to post.

TJMAC77SP
04-25-2014, 10:54 PM
I had this account used with my online ArmyTimes subscription but I forgot the password for it and did not know which e-mail address I had it with.

So I created my Misterben and used that (then totally forgot this account). Only when I tried to get my Misterben account to work and put in my military e-mail address was when I saw this it was associated with my ChiefAD. Then today, I was finally able to post and get a mod to act on getting my Misterben account to work. It still does not.

Also, I stated that I created another account Misterben2 before finding the password to the Chief account, to resolve my problem.

Got it. We had quite a number of posters with alternate accounts awhile back. Mostly used for asshattery. Not lumping you in that group but was curious. Thanks for your answer.

Capt Alfredo
04-26-2014, 01:02 AM
So do mods get to have multiple accounts? Seems like the answer must be yes...

Mjölnir
04-26-2014, 01:12 AM
Only one user account.

Mjölnir
04-26-2014, 01:12 AM
Is MisterBen working at all now?

Capt Alfredo
04-26-2014, 01:35 AM
Only one user account.

So you're splitting hairs.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
04-26-2014, 04:18 AM
I created a second account, MrPotatoChip, but can't seem to log on.