PDA

View Full Version : USNA Midshipman accused of assaulting cab driver with knife

Stalwart
04-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Anne Arundel County police say a 22-year-old Naval Academy midshipman has been charged with assault after threatening a cab driver with a butter knife.

The article says he has been suspended from the lacrosse team, for now.

Navy Times: http://www.navytimes.com/article/20140422/NEWS06/304220035/Midshipman-accused-assaulting-cab-driver-knife

Gonzo432
04-24-2014, 02:20 AM
First a Disney employee with a PVC pipe, now a cab driver with a butter knife. WHO IS NEXT?

Rusty Jones
04-24-2014, 12:34 PM
I was a taxi driver a second gig for a year and half in Norfolk. I stopped back in October. The first time I had to beat someone's ass, it was a drunk dude in the Navy. He this dude was taking me all over Chesapeake, because he didn't know where the fuck he was going, and he ran the meter up to $120... and tried to blame ME for it. And he tried to walk out on his fare.

Wrong answer. He looked like a good runner (do NOT underestimate the ability of a drunk man to run), so I offered a guy who was sleeping in his car with his brother (he looked like a runner as well) $30 to catch this guy if he runs.

Fortunately, he didn't run. He thought we was some badass who could just keep walking, and that I wasn't going to do anything. I got the guy in a hold, and forced him to drop the cash, and had the guy that I hired to pick it up for me. I told him to keep $40, and I got the rest.

No cops were involved. The incident happened in a 7-Eleven parking lot, and the person on shift there told me that he was going to call the police... until I explained to him what was going on.

I've been physically quite a few times while driving taxis, and I handled it accordingly. No cops involved. And if some idiot were to pull a butter knife on me, it would have been handled the same way.

DocBones
04-24-2014, 02:04 PM
A butter knife, brought down sideways on the knuckles really stings!