PDA

View Full Version : Military Times Subscriber?

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
04-17-2014, 12:58 PM
About two years ago I decided not to renew my subscription because I realized that there was nothing that important for the MT to report that wasn't soon going to be discussed, clarified and verified through several other official and unofficial sources, all of which are free.

Also, as a reminder of why I don't pay for MT is when I peeked at a co-worker's copy and noticed the attention-grabbing cover story about 59 companies hiring vets. When I looked at the actual list I saw Wallmart, banks and other companies topping the list, all of which are more than happy to pay you at or near minimum wage.

Any of you want to share reasons why you subscribe or not subscribe? I feel like it's a waste of my money.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I get it for free because I sent them a very flattering letter telling them how much I enjoyed reading their paper and how it is the highlight of my week.

They seemed so happy to receive such high praise that they gave me a lifetime subscription, a two week vacation to Disney World, and one of those dumb Coin Knives they sell at the bottom of the main website.

ChiefB
04-25-2014, 04:56 AM
I've been a reader, purchaser and subscriber for over 53 years and am rewarded by earlier than newsstand delivery of my e-edition, and all you lovely neighbors' comments on those Times subjects before I get off my arse to read them.

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 02:27 PM
I stopped my subscription when the publication start migrating towards a left-wing agenda and instituted opinionated journalism. Not for me anymore.

ChiefAD
04-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Do not mean to thread jack but I been trying to get this message out and even tried to open a new thread and it does not take.

Admin/Moderator,
Upon logging in with my normal Misterben account and changing my e-mail address, I was then never able to respond to posts and received this message
MisterBen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This was about two weeks ago. I tried messaging everyone to fix this but no dice. Can someone fix??