PDA

View Full Version : Why was SJ Banned?

TJMAC77SP
04-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Banned? Wow...hopefully for embedding and not for content...

Oh...insults. You mean where he says that "one day" he may conclude that someone is "naive" and "gullible"? Yeah, those are pretty strong words.

edit again: cuz other than that, I can't find anything that resembles insults as stong as other users regularly get away with. I'd hope that you aren't banning based on your personal opinions about him excercising his freedom of speech.

But...I digress...the first rule of banning is that we aren't allowed to discuss banning.

Ok, someone PLEASE tell me that THIS is not the post that got SJ banned....................P L E A S E............................

Absinthe Anecdote
04-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Ok, someone PLEASE tell me that THIS is not the post that got SJ banned....................P L E A S E............................

I hope not, SJ is my little buddy, despite the fact that he and I always squabble. I think I just might be forced to show solidarity with SJ on this one. Unfortunately, I will be unable to show solidarity for a period exceeding for hours, because I'm supposed to call a doctor at that point.

Also, I wasn't insulted by anything our Scottish friend said.

However, I'm much more upset over SJ being banned, if he has a flaw, it is caring too much, and I think that is what makes him so lovable.

Still, a forum without a moderator is like a foot without a big toe, and I think we owe a big round of applause to our buddy and big toe, Molly-Jol-Nar (The guy who likes all that Viking crap).

Absinthe Anecdote
04-11-2014, 05:31 PM

I hope not, SJ is my little buddy, despite the fact that he and I always squabble. I think I just might be forced to show solidarity with SJ on this one. Unfortunately, I will be unable to show solidarity for a period exceeding for hours, because I'm supposed to call a doctor at that point.

However, I'm much more upset over SJ being banned, if he has a flaw, it is caring too much, and I think that is what makes him so lovable.

Still, a forum without a moderator is like a foot without a big toe, and I think we owe a big round of applause to our buddy and big toe, Molly-Jol-Nar (The guy who likes all that Viking crap).

Vrake
04-11-2014, 05:37 PM

The first rule of ban club is we don't talk about ban club!

Vrake
04-11-2014, 05:37 PM

The first rule of ban club is we don't talk about ban club!

CYBERFX1024
04-11-2014, 05:45 PM

I am in full agreement with you. I have squabbled with him in the past as well, but I still find his posts to be insightful. Why did he get banned? You see this is what we (users) are talking about where we bitch about the broad strokes of the usage of banning by the moderators. No wonder no one new comes in here anymore, you guys have basically regulated this forum out existence. Then you wonder why the amount of people coming here suddenly dropped off.

CYBERFX1024
04-11-2014, 05:45 PM

I am in full agreement with you. I have squabbled with him in the past as well, but I still find his posts to be insightful. Why did he get banned? You see this is what we (users) are talking about where we bitch about the broad strokes of the usage of banning by the moderators. No wonder no one new comes in here anymore, you guys have basically regulated this forum out existence. Then you wonder why the amount of people coming here suddenly dropped off.

Mjölnir
04-11-2014, 05:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtbBmwgxKc0

TJMAC77SP
04-11-2014, 06:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtbBmwgxKc0

When I was a kid I knew someone who lost a big toe (kid vs. train.....kid loses). He walked fine and other than not being able to play This Little Piggy seemed to do well in life.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-11-2014, 06:54 PM
When I was a kid I knew someone who lost a big toe (kid vs. train.....kid loses). He walked fine and other than not being able to play This Little Piggy seemed to do well in life.

Wouldn't it be ironic if you got banned for being off-topic in a thread about SJ being banned, when it is taboo to discuss being banned?

Hmmm, maybe that isn't irony, maybe it is just confusing?

Max Power
04-11-2014, 07:07 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111130441/3412688-2969731-in%2Bbefore%2Bthe%2Block!%2Bstar%2Btrek.gif

TJMAC77SP
04-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if you got banned for being off-topic in a thread about SJ being banned, when it is taboo to discuss being banned?

Hmmm, maybe that isn't irony, maybe it is just confusing?

It would probably fit the popular usage of irony and would definitely be weird.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Was the SJ ban permanent?

I sincerely miss the little guy and hope he returns.

Mjölnir
04-17-2014, 12:17 AM
It was temporary, but longer than the previous one.