PDA

View Full Version : Site issues

Mjölnir
04-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Military Times is experiencing some issues:

1. Private Messaging doesn't work well (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.)
FYI: Shorter messages seem to work better
2. Mods are unable to issue Private Warnings or Infractions.
3. It seems that some post submissions have not been saved and that at least one thread (Echo Education) disappeared.

The Moderators and the System Administrator do know there are issues, it is above the level of the moderators.

Also, as a result of 1. & 2., there is not much a mod can do in the way of trying to be private when posts are reported or if a post is disruptive or derailing and a warning or correction is warranted.

Thank you for your patience.

sandsjames
04-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Military Times is experiencing some issues:

1. Private Messaging doesn't work well (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.)
FYI: Shorter messages seem to work better
2. Mods are unable to issue Private Warnings or Infractions.
3. It seems that some post submissions have not been saved and that at least one thread (Echo Education) disappeared.

The Moderators and the System Administrator do know there are issues, it is above the level of the moderators.

Also, as a result of 1. & 2., there is not much a mod can do in the way of trying to be private when posts are reported or if a post is disruptive or derailing and a warning or correction is warranted.

Thank you for your patience.

I didn't see anything disruptive or derailing. I did see derogatory attacks for no other purpose than to insult. I would have posted this privately but apparently that isn't working.

edit: tried to delete in order to move to other section where you mentioned the infractions but it won't let me delete

Mjölnir
04-09-2014, 12:08 AM
This thread was meant to address the site issues in general, not with any specific thread.

That said - derogatory statements, personal attacks, derailing and in general stupid antics can be overall classified as disruptive to the thread or forum.

sandsjames
04-09-2014, 12:25 AM
This thread was meant to address the site issues in general, not with any specific thread.

That said - derogatory statements, personal attacks, derailing and in general stupid antics can be overall classified as disruptive to the thread or forum.

I realized that...that's why I attempted to delete it and post it in the thread where you discussed the issue (as it mentions in my edit).

Mjölnir
04-09-2014, 12:27 AM
I see, I didn't understand that from your post, my error.

Are you now not able to edit your post?

sandsjames
04-09-2014, 12:33 AM
I see, I didn't understand that from your post, my error.

Are you now not able to edit your post?

I can edit...but I tried 3 times to delete it and it wouldn't let me...

Mjölnir
04-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Sigh, will add that to the list.

As an alternative, if you really want a post gone a Moderator can delete it for you or you can edit it and replace the text with a "." or something to that effect too.

Mjölnir
04-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Private Messages are still messed up, some messages go through and others do not. It does seem shorter messages with no punctuation have a lower failure rate. I did find a work-around.

1. Go to your inbox and find ANY message you have recieved.

2. Click [reply to private message]

3. Change the name of the recipient to who you really want to send the message to.

4. Edit the text of the message and send.

this has worked for me 5/5 times, sending regular PM's as a 'new message' fails about 3/4 of the time.