PDA

View Full Version : Voter fraud lady for Obama gets charges dismissed after serving 8 months..

garhkal
03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
Wow. so vote for obama 6 times ADMITTEDLY and get the charges dismissed. Guess we shouldn't bother having voter fraud charges in the first place.

imnohero
04-01-2014, 12:17 AM
uh, story, link, source....or are you just babbling.

TJMAC77SP
04-01-2014, 01:30 AM
uh, story, link, source....or are you just babbling.

Took me 10 seconds to find an article (http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/03/21/democrats-convicted-poll-worker-hero/6712981/). I skipped the first one listed (www.breitbart.com) to avoid the expected response.

I was happy to see the applause she received criticized by members of both parties.

imnohero
04-01-2014, 01:44 AM
She didn't vote for Obama 6 times, she was convicted of 6 counts of voter fraud dating back to 2003. The charges weren't dismissed they were changed by a judge to time served and probation for the remaining 4 years and change.

I know, pesky facts getting in the way of your rhetoric.

TJMAC77SP
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
She didn't vote for Obama 6 times, she was convicted of 6 counts of voter fraud dating back to 2003. The charges weren't dismissed they were changed by a judge to time served and probation for the remaining 4 years and change.

I know, pesky facts getting in the way of your rhetoric.

ALL rhetoric aside, what do you think of the article (and the situation)?

imnohero
04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
The whole thing is a mess. The lady appears to be all but a career criminal. In my opinion the originial sentence should have been a year in jail, 10 years probation, and permanent loss of voting rights. But that wasn't my call. Given the political pressure, coverting her sentence to probation was probably the best possible out come. That she was warmly welcomed and applauded...I don't know what to think, except that some people are screwed up with screwed up priorities. At least the politicians gave a "hand wave" at objecting to her reception, so that's something.

I also think that the entire situation is competely blown out of proportion by the media, on both sides. Though that is the norm these days no matter what subject we are talking about...I saw a headline on CNBC the other day, "OIL PRICES PLUNGE!"....they went down 5 cents or something equally small. Hysteria is more or less in all media these dyas.

garhkal
04-02-2014, 05:41 AM
I'll give ya that. The press is one of the biggest pushers of hysteria.

TJMAC77SP
04-02-2014, 10:47 AM
The whole thing is a mess. The lady appears to be all but a career criminal. In my opinion the originial sentence should have been a year in jail, 10 years probation, and permanent loss of voting rights. But that wasn't my call. Given the political pressure, coverting her sentence to probation was probably the best possible out come. That she was warmly welcomed and applauded...I don't know what to think, except that some people are screwed up with screwed up priorities. At least the politicians gave a "hand wave" at objecting to her reception, so that's something.

I also think that the entire situation is competely blown out of proportion by the media, on both sides. Though that is the norm these days no matter what subject we are talking about...I saw a headline on CNBC the other day, "OIL PRICES PLUNGE!"....they went down 5 cents or something equally small. Hysteria is more or less in all media these dyas.

I'll give ya that. The press is one of the biggest pushers of hysteria.

Can’t argue that. Ratings trump real news every time.