PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: In Mustache March, I lose

imported_DannyJ
03-18-2014, 06:17 PM
RUFKM? Shut up whiner. I thought women had No-shave November...

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140318/NEWS01/303180045/Opinion-Mustache-March-lose

File an IG complaint for the shit not due to your genitalia and move on.

Kicker47
03-18-2014, 06:26 PM
You know what? Now you know how we feel when we see the comfy couch or nice upholstered chairs that you have in the Women's Room.

Drackore
03-18-2014, 06:41 PM
So March being Women's History Month or whatever month is Breastfeeding Awareness Month - those aren't sexist or discriminatory?

imported_DannyJ
03-18-2014, 06:44 PM
So March being Women's History Month or whatever month is Breastfeeding Awareness Month - those aren't sexist or discriminatory?

What happened to White Male appreciation month? Pretty much every other demographic is covered. The f*cking man is trying to keep us down!

OtisRNeedleman
03-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Mustache March for those who can grow them.

Menstrual May for those who go through it.

Read the article. While I don't like the way certain of this lady's commanders have treated her - I never acted that way in a leadership position - the complaint about Mustache March is just whining.

SeeBee
03-18-2014, 07:21 PM
The CSAF doesn't have a magic wand to raise everyone's morale simultaneously, so he tries to do what he can among a very diverse Force...and you drop the hammer on him for trying?? Great, he can go back to being "every other 4-star" and order everyone to have high morale.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves" .

Meanwhile, the Force can go on being slashed and morale can stay the lowest I've ever seen.

Question: what the hell have you done to raise anyone's morale?

grimreaper
03-18-2014, 07:21 PM
LOL, whining about a mustache during women's history month. SMH

TJMAC77SP
03-18-2014, 07:31 PM
The opinion piece, and it was just that is full of false analogies(as Otis alluded to). Those examples of obvious bad behavior by commanders and male co-workers behavior do not address the Moustache March issue. Should men who can't really grow anything but peach fuzz complain? Native Americans? Should an in-depth investigation be launched as to the staffing of protocol offices around the AF (well, in truth that is more a male issue than female...albeit with very little complaining by the selectees)?

With everything the AF is facing now THIS takes up space?

Wait........................did Fox News report this story?

SomeRandomGuy
03-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Interesting she points out all the negatives to being a female but never mentions the positives. I can think of countless times where my section was tasked to provide someone for a detail. A lot of times those details were "man work". Females (good looking ones) always seem to get preference for back office jobs. The biggest thing though is appointment. Try getting time off to take your child to an appointment. People look at you like you are crazy and wonder why your wife isn't doing it. Heck, I worked in a section with a girl who had a special needs child. She was in the office maybe 20 hours per week.

MACHINE666
03-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Women can grow moustaches.

If not on one set of lips, then definitely the other!

:D :D :D :D :D

Rainmaker
03-18-2014, 09:51 PM
RUFKM? Shut up whiner. I thought women had No-shave November...

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140318/NEWS01/303180045/Opinion-Mustache-March-lose

File an IG complaint for the shit not due to your genitalia and move on.
Oh the humanity....The poor major is Oppressed because she can't grow a mustache like the boys do...Maybe we can get her some therapy to deal with her trauma. ...Give Rainmaker a break. This shrew wouldn't know the first thing about building camaraderie. Probably wouldn't recognize a good time if it walked up and bit her in her rumpled ass. Why is it always the ugly ones? Worse yet. This chick is a Lawyer. God help us.

VCO
03-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I don't know what the big deal is. She has the ability to grow facial hair if she really wants to. She just needs some testosterone in her life.

TomTom093
03-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Please, someone, anyone, write an Op-Ed about this: http://www.amc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123403852

Hilarious part is it was posted on the AF Facebook page not long after this Op-Ed went on AF Times

Gonzo432
03-19-2014, 12:20 AM
Going by the last AF recruiting commercial I saw it looked like there are no dudes in the AF. The "all-female" AF Link News stories were around even before I retired. Leave it to Mustache March to bring out the whiny female lawyers who of course have a picture of them with the late-great Robin Olds for their whiny op-ed.

OtisRNeedleman
03-19-2014, 02:36 AM
Interesting she points out all the negatives to being a female but never mentions the positives. I can think of countless times where my section was tasked to provide someone for a detail. A lot of times those details were "man work". Females (good looking ones) always seem to get preference for back office jobs. The biggest thing though is appointment. Try getting time off to take your child to an appointment. People look at you like you are crazy and wonder why your wife isn't doing it. Heck, I worked in a section with a girl who had a special needs child. She was in the office maybe 20 hours per week.

Funny you mentioned the preferential treatment afforded attractive women. Biggest example that comes to mind was as a second lieutenant in Korea. First remember a female first lieutenant SIGINT officer, there ostensibly to be a flight commander. Didn't find her attractive at all, but apparently our group commander did. Shortly after qualifying as a flight commander, this woman left operations and became the squadron section commander. Not only that, she got a several-month extension of her tour. I tried for an extension based on my background (former Korean linguist, only Korean-speaking US officer in a joint US/ROK unit). No way. Also noticed the group commander liked to have good-looking enlisted females working in administrative jobs. Remember seeing one fairly attractive female Chinese linguist and one female Korean linguist doing unit admin work. Later as a SIGINT officer course instructor had the female Korean linguist, who had graduated from OTS, in one of my classes. She did okay, not as well as if she'd actually done something operational in the unit before going to OTS.

Rolling along, remember as a SIGINT officer course instructor we had one minority female first lieutenant as an instructor. Got the cookie but did very little. Somehow, when the rest of the office was busting ass teaching one course and simultaneously developing another, this female gets a months-long TDY to Washington. She eventually came back but still did little. In later years, she went to the Air Staff, doing God knows what, and finished her career as an O-6 (NOT a colonel), assistant commandant of the Defense Language Institute, happily after I'd retired. No idea what she is doing now. Likely nothing, just sitting home fat and happy with her retirement.

Max Power
03-19-2014, 03:15 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8b/8b30a9ffdbf01f2de1112f8507f46c2605946919ddc1fee75d a1e112fc44d5a7.jpg

Badger
03-19-2014, 03:52 AM
Maj. Jennifer Holmes is a senior trial counsel stationed at Joint Base Andrews, Md.

Fucking lawyers man.

imported_DannyJ
03-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Fucking lawyers man.

I should have been born in the late 30s. I guess I'm just a dinosaur that can't get on board with this type of PC madness.

Rusty Jones
03-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Well... when she has to run as fast as we do, and do as many sit ups and push ups as we do; and get weekly haircuts that are of the same regulations as men's... then her opinion might matter.

Until then, she should shut the fuck up and enjoy the benefits that come with being of a particular sex; and let us enjoy ours.

sandsjames
03-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Well... when she has to run as fast as we do, and do as many sit ups and push ups as we do; and get weekly haircuts that are of the same regulations as men's... then her opinion might matters.

Until then, she should shut the fuck up and enjoy the benefits that come with being of a particular sex; and let us enjoy ours.

This is my second like of one of your posts within a 15 minute time frame. I think the world may be ending.

By the way, I'm waiting for the letters to start coming in about the MTF because the Mod just started a thread about posting mustache pictures. We do have female members on here...you'd think the Mods would be more sympathetic to their plight and start threads that everyone could be involved in.

fufu
03-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Maybe she needs a Mustache Ride?

imported_DannyJ
03-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Post of the century.

/internet

wxjumper
03-20-2014, 05:29 AM
A couple of women I work with said it is people like Maj. Jennifer Holmes that makes it harder for the rest of them.

TJMAC77SP
03-20-2014, 02:41 PM
This is my second like of one of your posts within a 15 minute time frame. I think the world may be ending.

By the way, I'm waiting for the letters to start coming in about the MTF because the Mod just started a thread about posting mustache pictures. We do have female members on here...you'd think the Mods would be more sympathetic to their plight and start threads that everyone could be involved in.

Hey, there shouldn't be any restrictions............these women (http://izismile.com/2009/08/13/women_with_mustache_16_pics.html)can rock the thread

Badger
03-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Quite frankly, she's a non-line officer in a non-line unit. She's got quite the nerve commenting on the state of the actual Air Force.

Robert F. Dorr
04-03-2014, 10:59 PM
This critic and several other women critical of the Mustache March have done themselves a disservice. They argue that the march is sexist discrimination and indeed it is, but this is far more serious than just a gender issue. The Mustache March is an embarrassment to my nation, to my Air Force, to my chief of staff, and to General Mark Welsh personally. If I were General Welsh, I would not be able to face another human being in public after coming up with this idea.

Robin Olds had cattle. Robin dreamed up his Mustache March while bonding with brave men at the height of a frenzied air campaign with furious battles in the far north. Because the current Mustache March lacks any context it has less in common with a great wing commander energizing his men amid the pressures of war and more in common with a frat-house prank, except that it isn't amusing or funny. You're not a real cowboy just because you're wearing a 10-gallon hat and you're not a great Air Force commander just because you revive the Mustache March. General Welsh's Mustache March is all hat and no cattle.

If I were he, I would be so embarrassed by this mistake I would retire to Falcons Landing.

CYBERFX1024
04-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Welcome Back RFD. You have been missed.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-03-2014, 11:19 PM
This critic and several other women critical of the Mustache March have done themselves a disservice. They argue that the march is sexist discrimination and indeed it is, but this is far more serious than just a gender issue. The Mustache March is an embarrassment to my nation, to my Air Force, to my chief of staff, and to General Mark Welsh personally. If I were General Welsh, I would not be able to face another human being in public after coming up with this idea.

Robin Olds had cattle. Robin dreamed up his Mustache March while bonding with brave men at the height of a frenzied air campaign with furious battles in the far north. Because the current Mustache March lacks any context it has less in common with a great wing commander energizing his men amid the pressures of war and more in common with a frat-house prank, except that it isn't amusing or funny. You're not a real cowboy just because you're wearing a 10-gallon hat and you're not a great Air Force commander just because you revive the Mustache March. General Welsh's Mustache March is all hat and no cattle.

If I were he, I would be so embarrassed by this mistake I would retire to Falcons Landing.

Gloria Steinem doesn't like Mustache March either.

OtisRNeedleman
04-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Welcome Back RFD. You have been missed.

I guess book sales are down.

Venus
04-04-2014, 08:22 AM

What do you call a bunch of rabbits marching backwards?
A receding hairline.
This fine Major gets it, http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140401/NEWS01/304010062/Opinion-One-fighting-team-mustached-not

RFD, you and that JAG Major need to move away from the DC metro area, group think has taken hold for taking Gen Welsh to task, maybe CSAF did read Robins book and this is his way of giving all problem children type Airmen not solution type Airmen the finger. With all the dick heads he has to deal with wearing the same uniform its amazing he has any hair left to grow. Bob, please stick with military history and aircraft. Leadership is something you fail to see here.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/USAF/ThreeAmigos_zpsd1dbe665.jpg Even that Jackass in the middle got it before his brain got fried by careerism.

MACHINE666
04-04-2014, 12:12 PM

Tongue-Fu

Rainmaker
04-05-2014, 05:15 PM
What do you call a bunch of rabbits marching backwards?
A receding hairline.
This fine Major gets it, http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140401/NEWS01/304010062/Opinion-One-fighting-team-mustached-not

RFD, you and that JAG Major need to move away from the DC metro area, group think has taken hold for taking Gen Welsh to task, maybe CSAF did read Robins book and this is his way of giving all problem children type Airmen not solution type Airmen the finger. With all the dick heads he has to deal with wearing the same uniform its amazing he has any hair left to grow. Bob, please stick with military history and aircraft. Leadership is something you fail to see here.
Even that Jackass in the middle got it before his brain got fried by careerism.

Yes she does. Now, Notice how much more attractive this other Major is? and she's got a good attitude to boot. Why is so hard for these feminist letter licker's that have hijacked the countries government to realize that men and women are different? why do we have to pretend we're physiologically the same? Femininity is a lost art. Rainmaker salutes you Major!