03-17-2014, 06:04 PM
in all it's glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VpGCyQC6dY&feature=youtu.be

fufu
03-17-2014, 06:32 PM
LOLLLLLLLLL

Kicker47
03-17-2014, 07:34 PM
In all fairness, those are some pretty damned good tater-tots. Seriously.

OtisRNeedleman
03-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Tried to laugh but became sad. While the video's a little overdone, believe it isn't far from the truth. Too many years of bosses instead of leaders. Too many years of careerists and yes-men. Too much emphasis on management-by-fad and social experimentation.

And now the chickens are coming home to roost.

For a number of years since retiring at the end of 1998, I often wished I could go back on active duty. Put in for recall in response to 9-11. But not any more. Glad to be retired. It's just a shame to see what my Adult Air Force has turned into. Never thought I'd see the AF run as scared as it does now. Not just this, but a whole bunch of things. A few days ago a three-star and her minions at the AF Academy apparently went to full-crisis mode because some cadet didn't like Scripture another cadet had posted on his room door's whiteboard. In the Adult Air Force we'd have told the complaining cadet if you don't like the Scripture, don't read it. Learn some tolerance for others. But I guess the children are running the school now.

If I were Chief of Staff of the Russian or Chinese Air Forces I'd laugh to hear of such nonsense on the part of the USAF, at least until I remembered the problems my own air force and my own country face.

Thanks for the link, BRUWIN. You know things are bad when a retired Chief posts such a video.

Otis

imported_DannyJ
03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
F**KIN' BRILLIANT!

imnohero
03-18-2014, 12:19 AM
Aww, the video was taken down.

wxjumper
03-18-2014, 04:20 AM
No video, they must have saw this thread mocking it and took it down. Any alternate sites?

BRUWIN
03-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Tried to laugh but became sad. While the video's a little overdone, believe it isn't far from the truth. Too many years of bosses instead of leaders. Too many years of careerists and yes-men. Too much emphasis on management-by-fad and social experimentation.

And now the chickens are coming home to roost.

For a number of years since retiring at the end of 1998, I often wished I could go back on active duty. Put in for recall in response to 9-11. But not any more. Glad to be retired. It's just a shame to see what my Adult Air Force has turned into. Never thought I'd see the AF run as scared as it does now. Not just this, but a whole bunch of things. A few days ago a three-star and her minions at the AF Academy apparently went to full-crisis mode because some cadet didn't like Scripture another cadet had posted on his room door's whiteboard. In the Adult Air Force we'd have told the complaining cadet if you don't like the Scripture, don't read it. Learn some tolerance for others. But I guess the children are running the school now.

If I were Chief of Staff of the Russian or Chinese Air Forces I'd laugh to hear of such nonsense on the part of the USAF, at least until I remembered the problems my own air force and my own country face.

Thanks for the link, BRUWIN. You know things are bad when a retired Chief posts such a video.

Otis

Tak actually sent me the link. I was sitting in the TOC here just bustin a gut...especially at the PT ending.

Measure Man
03-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Tak actually sent me the link. I was sitting in the TOC here just bustin a gut...especially at the PT ending.

My favorite part was, "..but, I sent them an email saying I cared about them and their families."

Too funny.

fufu
03-18-2014, 08:33 PM
The tator tots comment had me rolling.

Smeghead
03-21-2014, 07:14 AM

Off topic, but you're still deployed? I'll be heading your way in a few weeks.

BRUWIN
03-25-2014, 03:05 PM

Yes...but I will be leaving here shortly, about a week or two. I

OtisRNeedleman
03-25-2014, 05:02 PM

When did you finish your stint as a TI? Glad to see you got out of there without anything bad happening to you.