MisterBen
03-07-2014, 02:52 PM
And your thoughts?

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=121792

DWWSWWD
03-07-2014, 03:03 PM
And your thoughts?

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=121792

Mind if I keep it real for a second? She should probably have been discharged.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Sounds like the story of a determined young lady to me, good for her.

We need to do more to include women in the Air Force instead of excluding them with things like Mustache March, even the Pentagon's new consultant on equality thinks so.

Feminist Calls Mustache March Sexist and Exclusive

March 7, 2014

The Daily Trumpeter
Fakira Menteur - Staff Writer

(New York) When it comes to boosting morale, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Welsh goes all out, as he did when he recently declared that this Mustache March will be one for the ages, with Air Force units world-wide competing for the honor of Top Mustache.

Not so fast, says, feminist Gloria Steinem, who was recently appointed as a Pentagon consultant for equality, "This is an example of exactly the the kind of non-inclusive cultural barriers that we are trying to beak down."

Steinem is taking her new role as Pentagon consultant seriously, and said, "For too long, sex has been the easiest and most visible difference used to organize human beings into superior and inferior groups, and sadly, this mustache contest is a legacy of that kind of thinking."

We caught up with Steinem at the elegant mid-town restaurant, Ardesia, for an interview on Fashion Week when she told us of her new role as Pentagon Equality Consultant. Ms. Steinem is excited about the opportunity to consult with the Pentagon and told us that she is working closely with officials to come up with a more inclusive contest that will build morale for all troops. "We've got a number of ideas that aren't gender exclusive, but our favorite is an eyebrow sculpting competition." said, Steinem.

Air Force officials declined to make a statement, but Pentagon spokesman, Steve Dallas, said, "I'm sure we will come up with an amicable solution; Ms. Steinem is in daily contact with us via Skype and is an integral part of our team."

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Mind if I keep it real for a second? She should probably have been discharged.

And if she isn't now she will be when she's on a profile too long for the injury.

I do like the part about the importance and pride in having the rope. Very prestigious.

Let me be positive about this, though. It is a good story for those on the outside who don't understand the workings of the Air Force. The fact that she is female with a Hispanic last name makes it even more heart warming. Obviously, being a female and Hispanic, she's had to overcome diversity her entire life. I'm sure that helped prepare her for the struggles she faced in Tech School.

I can state, though, without a shadow of a doubt, that the squadron mentioned has the absolute BEST instructors in the Air Force (or will have this coming Monday).

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 03:16 PM

We need to do more to include women in the Air Force instead of excluding them with things like Mustache March, even the Pentagon's new consultant on equality thinks so.

March 7, 2014

The Daily Trumpeter

(New York) When it comes to boosting morale, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Welsh goes all out, as he did when he recently declared that this Mustache March will be one for the ages, with Air Force units world-wide competing for the honor of Top Mustache.

Not so fast, says, feminist Gloria Steinem, who was recently appointed as a Pentagon consultant for equality, "This is an example of exactly the the kind of non-inclusive cultural barriers that we are trying to beak down."

Steinem is taking her new role as Pentagon consultant seriously, and said, "For too long, sex has been the easiest and most visible difference used to organize human beings into superior and inferior groups, and sadly, this mustache contest is a legacy of that kind of thinking."

We caught up with Steinem at the elegant mid-town restaurant, Ardesia, for an interview on Fashion Week when she told us of her new role as Pentagon Equality Consultant. Ms. Steinem is excited about the opportunity to consult with the Pentagon and told us that she is working closely with officials to come up with a more inclusive contest that will build morale for all troops. "We've got a number of ideas that aren't gender exclusive, but our favorite is an eyebrow sculpting competition." said, Steinem.

Air Force officials declined to make a statement, but Pentagon spokesman, Steve Dallas, said, "I'm sure we will come up with an amicable solution; Ms. Steinem is in daily contact with us via Skype and is an integral part of our team."

Absolutely right!!! I am outraged. We must be all inclusive with these traditions. Especially during "Women's history month". Mustache March should, at best, be moved to Men's history month.

By the way, does the reg state that women can't have mustaches?

SomeRandomGuy
03-07-2014, 03:19 PM
I like the last sentence.

"Guardado will join her Reserve unit, and she said she plans on resuming her job as a police officer. In the meantime, she added, she will be looking at the possibility of switching to the active duty Air Force."

Yep, looking at the possibility of joining Active Duty. Because that is totally possible right now while they are cutting 25K people. They definitly need more chronically injured active duty members.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 03:43 PM

They get no shave november

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 03:47 PM

We need to do more to include women in the Air Force instead of excluding them with things like Mustache March, even the Pentagon's new consultant on equality thinks so. If only you believed what you were saying...

You've stated several times that white men need to quit bitching about not having a month, a day, etc because there is nothing stopping us from starting an organization, clubs, etc. This complaint falls into the same category.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 04:02 PM
If only you believed what you were saying...

You've stated several times that white men need to quit bitching about not having a month, a day, etc because there is nothing stopping us from starting an organization, clubs, etc. This complaint falls into the same category.

That's different, even Gloria Steinem thinks so. Why do you think the Pentagon is listening to her on this?

It is a men only contest, how can women participate?

That eyebrow sculpting contest is one that everyone can participate in.

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 04:09 PM
That's different, even Gloria Steinem thinks so. Why do you think the Pentagon is listing to her on this?

How is it different? Oh, and "even" Gloria Steinem thinks so. Great. Why didn't you just say so in the first place?

You know, come to think of it, squadron barbecue's are sexist, too. I've never once seen a female grilling at one. It's almost like a "guy's club" thing going on. Hopefully we can get someone to speak out against it.

TJMAC77SP
03-07-2014, 04:49 PM
So much for a positive thread.

Hopefully the CSAF will press on.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
That eyebrow sculpting contest is one that everyone can participate in.

Wouldnt that be considered "fadish" and unprofessional and there for against regulations?

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 05:08 PM

My bad...sorry

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 05:14 PM

Gloria Steinem is a very impressive lady and I think she will help General Welsh see the light on this.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Gloria Steinem is a very impressive lady and I think she will help General Welsh see the light on this.

I think we should have a no shave november contest. Guys who want to participate shave their legs on Oct 31st and everyone just lets their legs grow out. See how many people would like to participate then. And we can see it grow during PT sessions.

socal1200r
03-07-2014, 05:33 PM

I think old Gloria, CSAF, and SECAF should have a moustache contest for March, lol...first the drag show in Kadena, now this moustache nonsense? I cry for today's AF...

USN - Retired
03-07-2014, 05:37 PM
It is a men only contest,

Who said that it is a "men only" contest?

how can women participate?.

Here's how...

http://www.hipstercrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/lady-mustache-2.jpg

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Here's how...

How about breast cancer awareness month in october? There are about as many instances of men getting brest cancer as women needing to shave.

TJMAC77SP
03-07-2014, 07:07 PM

Here's how...

And that is what I wish the CSAF's response to Steinem should be................."Who said the contest is only for men?

To (once again) quote John Wayne, "It's getting re-Goddamned-diculous around here"

TJMAC77SP
03-07-2014, 07:08 PM

You forgot the smiley face.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 07:16 PM
You forgot the smiley face.

Perhaps I did, it is truly a momentous day we live in, when Gloria Steinem is consulting with the Pentagon on a daily basis via Skype.

imported_AFKILO7
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Gloria Steinem should go fist herself. The fucking butthurt by every damn group is annoying as shit. Now if the CSAF had a sandwich making contest and marketed it to only women I could see a problem.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Gloria Steinem should go fist herself. The fucking butthurt by every damn group is annoying as shit. Now if the CSAF had a sandwich making contest and marketed it to only women I could see a problem.

Dude, you really need to lighten up. She is actually doing a lot of good in this situation, the fact that we are celebrating only the masculinity of Robin Olds is proof that we have a fundamental problem with the Air Force.

Mustache March is sexism out of control and it is a detriment to young women like the one in the OP.

Be thankful for having leadership at the Pentagon who is willing to work with Gloria Steinem to fix this mess.

Chief_KO
03-07-2014, 08:31 PM
AFI 36-2903 does not make any mention of prohibition of or limitations to female facial hair.

SO, since females can wear male flight caps & wear male ABUs...if you can grow a 'stache, go for it ladies!!

fog
03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Many years ago Gloria Steinem was talking about the reduced physical qualifications that allowed female firefighters to pass.

When asked if she would rather be carried down stairs by strong male firefighters or dragged down by someone that couldn't lift her, she replied, it would be safer for her to be lower and dragged on the ground due to smoke and she would prefer that way.

After that, she lost all credibility. Have to admit, the Air Force and Gloria Steinem make interesting bed fellows. Can I say bed fellows in today's Air Force? : )

USN - Retired
03-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Perhaps I did, it is truly a momentous day we live in, when Gloria Steinem is consulting with the Pentagon on a daily basis via Skype.

And here is the counterpoint on Gloria Steinem:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/12/01/gloria_steinem_represents_the_worst_of_modern_femi nism_120818.html

technomage1
03-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Back to the original story....so she was injured, recovered, then got sick and recovered from that. What rotten luck and I'm glad she made it through ok.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Many years ago Gloria Steinem was talking about the reduced physical qualifications that allowed female firefighters to pass.

When asked if she would rather be carried down stairs by strong male firefighters or dragged down by someone that couldn't lift her, she replied, it would be safer for her to be lower and dragged on the ground due to smoke and she would prefer that way.

After that, she lost all credibility. Have to admit, the Air Force and Gloria Steinem make interesting bed fellows. Can I say bed fellows in today's Air Force? : )

I'd prefer it, if you'd kindly find another word; not because of any sexual connotations, but because it sounds too much like a word Montgomery Burns would use.

As for being dragged down the steps, that does make a lot of sense in a smokey building. You shouldn't be so quick with your trash-talk about Ms. Steinem's wisdom.

PS

I do believe that bedfellows is a compound word.

BENDER56
03-07-2014, 08:58 PM

"Guardado will join her Reserve unit, and she said she plans on resuming her job as a police officer. In the meantime, she added, she will be looking at the possibility of switching to the active duty Air Force."

Yep, looking at the possibility of joining Active Duty. Because that is totally possible right now while they are cutting 25K people. They definitly need more chronically injured active duty members.

Yeah, I see your point but ...

Even during drawdowns we need new accessions, and ...

I don't know if a "rotated pelvic bone" is a chronic injury. In fact, I was a medic for 14 years -- including time as an IDMT -- and I'd never heard of that one before. Had to look it up to see if it was real or just a case of patient ignorance. Turns out it's a real thing.

USN - Retired
03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
As for being dragged down the steps, that does make a lot of sense in a smokey building. You shouldn't be so quick with your trash-talk about Ms. Steinem's wisdom..

There are many situations in which dragging would be inadvisable. There may be broken glass or other debris on the ground. Someone may have fallen through a floorboard and the firefighter will need to lift him or her out.

Furthermore, dragging is not always possible. If the stairs are inaccessible and the firefighter must get an unconscious person down a fire ladder, then there is no option other than to carry them.

No fire department has ever dropped the lift-and-carry test for any reason other than concerns about sex discrimination, either to avoid lawsuits or comply with a court order. Feminists like Steinem are willing to dilute the standards for physically demanding jobs to accommodate women even if it endangers public safety.

Steinem is not only wrong but dangerously wrong.

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 10:28 PM
And here is the counterpoint on Gloria Steinem:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/12/01/gloria_steinem_represents_the_worst_of_modern_femi nism_120818.html

I find it funny that the feminists are always hideous. Very seldom do you see an attractive feminist.

TJMAC77SP
03-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Dude, you really need to lighten up. She is actually doing a lot of good in this situation, the fact that we are celebrating only the masculinity of Robin Olds is proof that we have a fundamental problem with the Air Force.

Mustache March is sexism out of control and it is a detriment to young women like the one in the OP.

Be thankful for having leadership at the Pentagon who is willing to work with Gloria Steinem to fix this mess.

Dude, you forgot the smiley face again. People are going to think you are serious and therefore a complete douchebag. You don't want that.

OtisRNeedleman
03-08-2014, 03:17 AM
They get no shave november

Don't forget Menstrual May.

And Gloria Steinem, as a Pentagon "consultant for equality"? You've. Got. To. Be. Shitting. Me.

OtisRNeedleman
03-08-2014, 03:18 AM
I find it funny that the feminists are always hideous. Very seldom do you see an attractive feminist.

Gloria Steinem was attractive enough to be a Playboy Bunny, but that was 50 years ago.

OtisRNeedleman
03-08-2014, 03:20 AM
AFI 36-2903 does not make any mention of prohibition of or limitations to female facial hair.

SO, since females can wear male flight caps & wear male ABUs...if you can grow a 'stache, go for it ladies!!

Some of them do have mustaches. Hormones, y'know...

OtisRNeedleman
03-08-2014, 03:21 AM

Why not, they're both screwed up.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-08-2014, 10:31 AM
There are many situations in which dragging would be inadvisable. There may be broken glass or other debris on the ground. Someone may have fallen through a floorboard and the firefighter will need to lift him or her out.

Furthermore, dragging is not always possible. If the stairs are inaccessible and the firefighter must get an unconscious person down a fire ladder, then there is no option other than to carry them.

No fire department has ever dropped the lift-and-carry test for any reason other than concerns about sex discrimination, either to avoid lawsuits or comply with a court order. Feminists like Steinem are willing to dilute the standards for physically demanding jobs to accommodate women even if it endangers public safety.

Steinem is not only wrong but dangerously wrong.

You make as much sense as a fish with a bicycle.

I'd much rather be dragged out of a burning building by a female firefighter than being lifted-and-carried out by some stupid man with a Robin Olds mustache.

You are falling victim to a bunch of outdated stereotypes about male firefighters and upper body strength.

Besides, if you adhered to a proper diet and PT regime, you wouldn't be such a dumb fat ass that got trapped in a burning building.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Don't forget Menstrual May.

And Gloria Steinem, as a Pentagon "consultant for equality"? You've. Got. To. Be. Shitting. Me.

What is so hard to believe about it?

I think they are making great choices at the Pentagon these days. We live in an exciting time, a very exciting time, and there is much to be thankful for.

March 7, 2014

The Daily Trumpeter

hugomk
03-08-2014, 06:37 PM
What is so hard to believe about it?

I think they are making great choices at the Pentagon these days. We live in an exciting time, a very exciting time, and there is much to be thankful for.

Congrats in hijacking the thread.

OtisRNeedleman
03-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Congrats in hijacking the thread.

Do what I did...put him on your ignore list.

BigBaze
03-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Eyebrow sculpting? Perhaps they can incorporate that into the PT test...

USN - Retired
03-09-2014, 03:39 PM

I'd much rather be dragged out of a burning building by a female firefighter than being lifted-and-carried out by some stupid man with a Robin Olds mustache.

You are falling victim to a bunch of outdated stereotypes about male firefighters and upper body strength.

Besides, if you adhered to a proper diet and PT regime, you wouldn't be such a dumb fat ass that got trapped in a burning building.

Your post is all invective and no substance.

USN - Retired
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I see that Absinthe Anecdote has been :banned:

That makes me :veryhappy:

OtisRNeedleman
03-09-2014, 04:44 PM
I see that Absinthe Anecdote has been :banned:

That makes me :veryhappy:

He used to be okay, but as of late had gone off on some strange tangent. I got so tired of hearing his stuff that he went on my ignore list, something I almost never do. Am glad to see the mods take action. Wouldn't mind seeing him come back whenever he gets his act back together.

coloringoutsidethelines
03-10-2014, 02:33 AM
shockingly on point.

BRUWIN
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
He used to be okay, but as of late had gone off on some strange tangent. I got so tired of hearing his stuff that he went on my ignore list, something I almost never do. Am glad to see the mods take action. Wouldn't mind seeing him come back whenever he gets his act back together.

I thought it was just me. Abs was very funny at one time. I can't help but wonder if he was working to get himself banned.

TJMAC77SP
03-10-2014, 08:24 PM
I thought it was just me. Abs was very funny at one time. I can't help but wonder if he was working to get himself banned.

While I find him to be a little to quick to defend any liberal position regardless of merit I don't remember anything he ever said that was ban-worthy. I must have missed a post.

USN - Retired
03-11-2014, 05:07 AM
While I find him to be a little to quick to defend any liberal position regardless of merit I don't remember anything he ever said that was ban-worthy. I must have missed a post.

Did this comment of his get him banned?:

besides, if you adhered to a proper diet and PT regime, you wouldn't be such a dumb fat ass that got trapped in a burning building.

sandsjames
03-11-2014, 09:20 AM
I can't find anything, either. Not sure what it was. No telling with the mods around here, though.

retiredAFcivvy
03-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Did this comment of his get him banned?:
I think it probably was. Looked to me like an unwarranted personal attack on a very logical post.

sandsjames
03-11-2014, 08:01 PM
I think it probably was. Looked to me like an unwarranted personal attack on a very logical post.

Of course it's not actually a personal attack...just this PTGOD kick he's been on lately. The only thing I can think of is that he was warned several times to chill, and didn't. Or someone got there feelings hurt and reported him.

Or (as I may have heard through the grapevine) maybe it determined he was an alt, or had an alt, account.

fog
03-12-2014, 08:18 PM
He seemed to be quite the negative person on this. I really don't know how someone in our generation could possibly look at her being positive in her relationship to the military. Maybe he was being just a butthead and they asked him to stop and he couldn't or wouldn't.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Of course it's not actually a personal attack...just this PTGOD kick he's been on lately. The only thing I can think of is that he was warned several times to chill, and didn't. Or someone got there feelings hurt and reported him.

Or (as I may have heard through the grapevine) maybe it determined he was an alt, or had an alt, account.

Can you believe people actually take that crap seriously or believe that I'm actually a fan of Gloria Steinem?

I wonder how many people started passing that article on Steinem being a Pentagon consultant around to their Facebook pals?

As for the ban, I got one warning in another thread for something else about a week prior, no warning or PM for that statement about being being a "dumb fat ass because of poor nutrition and lack of PT," but I assume that was what got me banned.

I shouldn't joke around so much about nutrition and PT; because it is a very important aspect of our lives.

Feed your body garbage and don't exercise it properly and you just might find yourself trapped inside a burning building.

TJMAC77SP
03-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Can you believe people actually take that crap seriously or believe that I'm actually a fan of Gloria Steinem?

I wonder how many people started passing that article on Steinem being a Pentagon consultant around to their Facebook pals?

As for the ban, I got one warning in another thread for something else about a week prior, no warning or PM for that statement about being being a "dumb fat ass because of poor nutrition and lack of PT," but I assume that was what got me banned.

I shouldn't joke around so much about nutrition and PT; because it is a very important aspect of our lives.

Feed your body garbage and don't exercise it properly and you just might find yourself trapped inside a burning building.

They usually send you a PM that appears the next time you log in (when you are banned). Of course discussing why you were banned is bannable, which I always found interesting. Definitely a gag order.

sandsjames
03-25-2014, 05:39 PM
They usually send you a PM that appears the next time you log in (when you are banned). Of course discussing why you were banned is bannable, which I always found interesting. Definitely a gag order.

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. You'd think if someone passed on why they were banned, it may help others avoid the same situation.

meatbringer
03-25-2014, 06:37 PM

I currently work with a shop full of crippled lard-asses who brag about how much they will get in disability once they retire as Techs. It is infuriating and it makes me sick when I think of all of the people getting forced out who actually work and want to stay in. Anyone else seeing this trend at their bases? For some reason I have been exposed to quite a bit of this in my career, so I am just wondering if it is me or an actual AF wide problem.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-25-2014, 07:00 PM

Is it? I don't remember reading that.

I think they are having trouble with the PM system.

As for the ban, I probably deserved it, and only assume it was for the "fat dumb ass" or the fake Gloria Steinem article. That was something I typed up after swigging a half pint of vodka, but a more realistic reason would be for hijacking the thread, and for that, I do apologize.

sandsjames
03-25-2014, 07:03 PM
That was something I typed up after swigging a half pint of vodka, but a more realistic reason would be for hijacking the thread, and for that, I do apologize.Don't cave to The Man!

TJMAC77SP
03-26-2014, 12:22 AM

As for the ban, I probably deserved it, and only assume it was for the "fat dumb ass" or the fake Gloria Steinem article. That was something I typed up after swigging a half pint of vodka, but a more realistic reason would be for hijacking the thread, and for that, I do apologize.

There was a time I would say without doubt that none of those things would get you banned. In these days I merely say that none of those things should get you banned.

imported_AFKILO7
03-26-2014, 01:45 AM
Fatty, fat, fatties, suck at life. It amazes me how people sit around and eat Popeyes, etc then bitch and moan about being fat and worthless. Eating fast food occasionally isn't bad, but when you do it all the time...well.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Fatty, fat, fatties, suck at life. It amazes me how people sit around and eat Popeyes, etc then bitch and moan about being fat and worthless. Eating fast food occasionally isn't bad, but when you do it all the time...well.

Exactly!

I keep trying to tell people that, but I get called a troll for it. Sometimes I feel like all of my pearls of wisdom are being wasted on a bunch of swine.

Thanks for motivating me to keep up with my message of proper nutrition and physical conditioning.

It is the most important aspect of life, not just military service.

BOSS302
03-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Exactly!

I keep trying to tell people that, but I get called a troll for it. Sometimes I feel like all of my trolling is being wasted on a bunch of swine.

Thanks for motivating me to keep up with my trolling.

It is the most important aspect of my life.

Fixed.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Fixed.

Whether you like it or not, the natural laws that govern homeostasis in biological creatures apply to you.

If you choose to ignore good nutrition and exercise, it is your body that suffers at not only the cellular level, but at the macro level as well.

In your role as a military service member, if you choose to force the cells in your body to process garbage like cheese whiz and laffy taffy, well, it ceases to be a personal problem and becomes my problem as well.

If you are in uniform beside me, I have the right to know that your cardio vascular system isn't being overwhelmed by a bunch of Whoppers, be they the Burger King variety or the chocolate malted milk dud variety.

imported_UncommonSense
03-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Whether you like it or not, the natural laws that govern homeostasis in biological creatures apply to you.

If you choose to ignore good nutrition and exercise, it is your body that suffers at not only the cellular level, but at the macro level as well.

In your role as a military service member, if you choose to force the cells in your body to process garbage like cheese whiz and laffy taffy, well, it ceases to be a personal problem and becomes my problem as well.

If you are in uniform beside me, I have the right to know that your cardio vascular system isn't being overwhelmed by a bunch of Whoppers, be they the Burger King variety or the chocolate malted milk dud variety.

I swear I'm waiting for you to go on a rant about the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

sandsjames
03-27-2014, 12:38 PM

:yawn

:deadhorse

meatbringer
03-27-2014, 12:38 PM

Fat and out of shape people are not only a burden on the force, but on the tax payers as well.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-27-2014, 01:12 PM
I swear I'm waiting for you to go on a rant about the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Is that a reference to General Jack D. Ripper?

One cool point for you!

Absinthe Anecdote
03-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Fat and out of shape people are not only a burden on the force, but on the tax payers as well.

Exactly!

This is the real reason our health care system is in shambles. I sent a long letter to the White House that advised them to start blaming fat people who eat Velveeta cheese for running up health care costs for the rest of us.

I can't wait for the day when the Ad Council starts producing commercials that expose the damage theses selfish gluttons are doing to our country.

Rainmaker
03-27-2014, 07:54 PM
And if she isn't now she will be when she's on a profile too long for the injury.

I do like the part about the importance and pride in having the rope. Very prestigious.

Let me be positive about this, though. It is a good story for those on the outside who don't understand the workings of the Air Force. The fact that she is female with a Hispanic last name makes it even more heart warming. Obviously, being a female and Hispanic, she's had to overcome diversity her entire life. I'm sure that helped prepare her for the struggles she faced in Tech School.

I can state, though, without a shadow of a doubt, that the squadron mentioned has the absolute BEST instructors in the Air Force (or will have this coming Monday).

Rainmaker love it when good peoples can overcome the diversity in they life. Juss Last Momff "the diversity" tried to break into Rainmaker's truck. But, the next door neighbor had calt the Po nine and they caught the perp red handed. Good thing too, cause Rainmaker was about to go out and lock up and he always carry his old Uncle Joe's Sears Ted Williams model 300 shotty wiff him when he lock up at night. NomSayin?

Rainmaker
03-28-2014, 03:32 PM

Turn in your man card Abs. Only Wimmins say sorry. And In case you haven't noticed, this ain't exactly a Mensa meeting up in here. So, an academic timeout is in order.
Hyperbole:
hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee] noun Rhetoric .
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”
-Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

jshiver15
03-28-2014, 06:27 PM

http://makeameme.org/media/created/The-troll-is.jpg

TJMAC77SP
03-29-2014, 04:07 AM
http://makeameme.org/media/created/The-troll-is.jpg

Go easy. Bruwin has been posting less nowadays so AA is casting the 'Bruwin Hook' for entertainment.

jshiver15
03-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Go easy. Bruwin has been posting less nowadays so AA is casting the 'Bruwin Hook' for entertainment.

I have actually been enjoying AA's brand of humor for a while now. He actually got me pretty good a few weeks ago and it took several of his responses for me to catch on.

TJMAC77SP
03-29-2014, 05:49 PM
I have actually been enjoying AA's brand of humor for a while now. He actually got me pretty good a few weeks ago and it took several of his responses for me to catch on.

Oh, I completely bought the Gloria Steinem story for a few posts. I don't think he got the Chicken Little response from me he was looking for but I bought it for awhile.