PDA

View Full Version : When in Doubt, liberals pull the race card.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Sirously, is there not an arguement that the liberals wont pull the race card?

Rep Issa was called a racist for adjourning the committee that is investigating the IRS targeting of conservative groups after Lerner plead the fifth. When Rep Cummings had a tempertantrum when he wanted to keep going, Issa repeated the decission to adjourn since he is the lead of the house oversight committee.

So, please, how was what Issa did racist? How was it even close to oppression in Venezuela and Ukraine?

Do you see anyone calling Rutgers administration racist for trying to revoke the invitation to Dr. Rice to speak at graduation?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/06/republicans-fight-dem-efforts-to-punish-issa-for-irs-hearing-actions/?intcmp=latestnews

The Rev. Jesse Jackson called Issa's behavior "crude, wrong, racist and mean."

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Why don't you ask Reverend Jackson? He was the only one in the article that called Rep. Issa's behavior racist.

You'll notice even Debbie Blabbermouth-Schultz stopped short of calling Issa's actions racist.

As for pulling the discrimination card, how is this any different from stories out of conservative media outlets that trumpet a war on Christians, war on patriotism, or even a war on whites?

Also, make a note that this story is from Fox News, why do you think they included a quote from Reverend Jackson?

What in the hell does he have to do with Congress?

Would they have even included his comment on the matter if he said something less inflammatory?

No, because he is totally irrelevant to what happens in Congressional Hearings.

You are swallowing race bait yourself and you don't even realize it.

Tell me, how does it taste?

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Why don't you ask Reverend Jackson? He was the only one in the article that called Rep. Issa's behavior racist.

You'll notice even Debbie Blabbermouth-Schultz stopped short of calling Issa's actions racist.

As for pulling the discrimination card, how is this any different from stories out of conservative media outlets that trumpet a war on Christians, war on patriotism, or even a war on whites?

Also, make a note that this story is from Fox News, why do you think they included a quote from Reverend Jackson?

Would they have even include his comment on the matter if he said something less inflammatory?

Taste like chicken

Rusty Jones
03-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Dude, will there EVER be anything positive or humorous that you would like to talk about? I'm not going to pretend that we're all generally a positive bunch here, but damn! You're always pissed off when you post. And you only talk about things that piss you off. Namely, the way that white Christian heterosexual males have it so damn hard in this country.

AFcynic
03-07-2014, 04:01 PM
It wasn't racist. It was an act of douchebaggery on Rep. Issa's part. He didn't let the man finish his statement, or ask a question. Stay classy, Mr. Issa!

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM

Would they have even include his comment on the matter if he said something less inflammatory?

Actually, he is only one person they included. Hanity was interviewing someone else yesterday who called Issa Racist and wouldnt answer "how is it racist"? Why cant you answer the question instead of trying to attack the news reporting the comments and me?

BTW, what does Al Sharpton have to do with the white house other than to get Obama to speak on the matter of George Zimmerman/travon martin. Sensationalist persuade public opinion and public opinion get these people elected. Jesse Jackson could be setting up to help a campaign against Issa come election time.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Actually, he is only one person they included. Hanity was interviewing someone else yesterday who called Issa Racist and wouldnt answer "how is it racist"? Why cant you answer the question instead of trying to attack the news reporting the comments and me?

BTW, what does Al Sharpton have to do with the white house other than to get Obama to speak on the matter of George Zimmerman/travon martin. Sensationalist persuade public opinion and public opinion get these people elected. Jesse Jackson could be setting up to help a campaign against Issa come election time.

I don't think it was racist.

I only pointed out that you are swallowing race bait yourself, and in turn, spreading it around for others to gobble up.

Enjoy yourself down there rolling around in the racist muck.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Dude, will there EVER be anything positive or humorous that you would like to talk about? I'm not going to pretend that we're all generally a positive bunch here, but damn! You're always pissed off when you post. And you only talk about things that piss you off. Namely, the way that white Christian heterosexual males have it so damn hard in this country.

I tried counseling him about that just yesterday. I tried telling him that he comes across as not very level-headed with all these "AM radio-esque" posts and that signature block with that stuff about turd sandwiches, and those cryptic political wind measurements.

He really needs to edit that signature block.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Do I say hard or that they are not treated fairly? I dont consider it hard preform at the set standards layed out by an institution, as long as everyone has to preform at the same standards. When one or two groups are left out of having to preform under the standards, that is still discrimination. Until you will admit that ommitting a few groups of people based on their skin color or their gender from boosts or bonuses is the same as making certain people work preform above the standards, you will never understand.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 04:35 PM
It wasn't racist. It was an act of douchebaggery on Rep. Issa's part. He didn't let the man finish his statement, or ask a question. Stay classy, Mr. Issa!

I can some what agree with this. I am not a fan of Issa, but racist?

Rusty Jones
03-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Look, I know that you're trying to redirect the flow of the conversation; but... you didn't answer my question. That is, do you EVER have anything positive or humorous that you'd rather talk about?

Some of the stuff you post makes for good discussion and everything, but you being pissed off all the time is getting old.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I tried counseling him about that just yesterday. I tried telling him that he comes across as not very level-headed with that all these "AM radio-esque" posts and that signature block with that stuff about turd sandwiches, and those cryptic political wind measurements.

He really needs to edit that signature block.

Yep, its best if you all just play ignorant to what is going on with your government instead of knowing what is wrong with it.

Cryptic political wind measurments huh? Guessing you didnt take the quiz? It would be pretty scary to find out most of your actual bliefs allign more with the other party than the one you follow blindly huh? Then of course, you could just keep going on with touting the party line believing they actually represent your views. Like how they say, "If you dont support abortion as a womans right, you will just bring us back to the stone age of thinking."

TJMAC77SP
03-07-2014, 04:42 PM
I was watching the news as that happened live. Of course the horrible Fox News was the only outlet (other than CSPAN) that did carry it live.

This particular hearing is the latest in a long line of hearings on the subject.was called for one reason. It was called to hear the testimony of Lois Lerner, former IRS official who had previously testified that she was blameless for the activities within the IRS involving review of tax-exempt status for conservative groups. Supposedly Issa had information that intended to answer questions. Or..........he wanted her to publically take the fifth.....not an unheard of tactic.

Issa asked her seven questions, all of which elicited a plea of the 5th amendment on her part. Issa adjourned the meeting. Cummings then tried to make a statement. He made no attempt to ask the witness any questions, in fact she departed the room as he continued to talk. Issa is the chairman and followed the rules of Congress. Cummings should have just make his statement outside the hearing room.......which he did after grandstanding within the room.

If he was a douchebag what is Harry Reid? For that matter what is every chairman of every committee in the House and Senate who controls the content of hearings?

Issa is controversial, without a doubt but this is pure manufactured conflict.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Look, I know that you're trying to redirect the flow of the conversation; but... you didn't answer my question. That is, do you EVER have anything positive or humorous that you'd rather talk about?

Some of the stuff you post makes for good discussion and everything, but you being pissed off all the time is getting old.

I posted in the "Uplifting Air Force Story" something humorous. Have a look see

USN - Retired
03-07-2014, 05:17 PM
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." ~Thomas Sowell

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_sowell.html

USN - Retired
03-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Sirously, is there not an arguement that the liberals wont pull the race card?

Liberals also like to use shaming language and personal attacks when they debate a subject.

AJBIGJ
03-07-2014, 05:44 PM

Let's be honest with ourselves, it's stuff like this that seems to draw out the longest (albeit most circular) conversations. It's also why the infamous "Reverend Al" is even employed!

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Liberals also like to use shaming language and personal attacks when they debate a subject.

Thats called an arguement, not a debate. Guess when looking at the responses, you can see who is a liberal.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Let's be honest with ourselves, it's stuff like this that seems to draw out the longest (albeit most circular) conversations. It's also why the infamous "Reverend Al" is even employed!

And its not because conservatives give him air time. Fox news mentioned JJ because they know he is a figure head of the liberal movement. He isnt some obscure internet troll calling Issa Racist.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Yep, its best if you all just play ignorant to what is going on with your government instead of knowing what is wrong with it.

Cryptic political wind measurments huh? Guessing you didnt take the quiz? It would be pretty scary to find out most of your actual bliefs allign more with the other party than the one you follow blindly huh? Then of course, you could just keep going on with touting the party line believing they actually represent your views. Like how they say, "If you dont support abortion as a womans right, you will just bring us back to the stone age of thinking."

Why don't you stop and actually consider my advice on your signature block?

Imagine how those numbers look to someone who has no context of what they are, or where they came from. Because your signature block gives no reference to what they actually mean.

The fact that they are immediately preceded by talk of a turd sandwich does little to establish any form of credibility.

You are not creating the image of a free thinking intellect with that "potty talk" and a bunch of unexplained numbers in your signature block.

Couple that with the fact that your posts are routinely rife with grammatical errors, and perhaps you'll begin to understand why I likened your posts to those of an angry old man, who drinks too much cheap beer.

Why not provide a succinct explanation of those numbers in your signature block? Perhaps, you could even provide a link to the quiz.

If you are really committed to the idea of expressing your displeasure with the 2012 Presidential Election, why not try doing it in such a way that doesn't make use of the word turd?

I know that you think that I am fucking with you, and I am; however, I am also giving you solid advice.

Clean up that signature block!

PS

I find many libertarian ideas intriguing and I am a regular reader of material published by the Cato Institute.

The Cato Institute is a great libertarian voice, and they manage to enlighten people without the use of the word turd.

Check them out at: http://www.cato.org/about

AJBIGJ
03-07-2014, 05:52 PM
And its not because conservatives give him air time. Fox news mentioned JJ because they know he is a figure head of the liberal movement. He isnt some obscure internet troll calling Issa Racist.

Are you certain of that? I don't think Reverend Al would even get a backwoods NPR spot if he didn't piss a few people off along the way. Let's admit, he's not really "pissing off" a lot of progressive lefties, an annoying insect to some perhaps.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 05:58 PM

Imagine how those numbers look to someone who has no context of what they are, or where they came from. Because your signature block gives no reference to what they actually mean.

Why not provide a succinct explanation of those numbers in your signature block? Perhaps, you could even provide a link to the quiz.
I will concede that the 2012 reference is pretty dated at this point. Other than putting in a link to the political cumpass site, people would actually still have to visit the link to understand the meaning. So after that, it will just be up to you to figure out the meaning through educating yourself.

PS

I find many libertarian ideas intriguing and I am a regular reader of material published by the Cato Institute.

The Cato Institute is a great libertarian voice, and they manage to enlighten people without the use of the word turd.

I have. Again, that part of the block was a reference to the 2012 presidential election of two very authoritarian canidates who pretty much mirrored each other expressed with a line from South Park. Heaven forbid that I use "potty language". Did I offend you?

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Are you certain of that? I don't think Reverend Al would even get a backwoods NPR spot if he didn't piss a few people off along the way. Let's admit, he's not really "pissing off" a lot of progressive lefties, an annoying insect to some perhaps.

He doesnt have a job on FNC does he? MSNBC hires the most flamebasting people they can who rile up the troops and piss off their opponents with lies and deciet.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 06:06 PM
I will concede that the 2012 reference is pretty dated at this point. Other than putting in a link to the political cumpass site, people would actually still have to visit the link to understand the meaning. So after that, it will just be up to you to figure out the meaning through educating yourself.

I have. Again, that part of the block was a reference to the 2012 presidential election of two very authoritarian canidates who pretty much mirrored each other expressed with a line from South Park. Heaven forbid that I use "potty language". Did I offend you?

I'm not offended at all.

However, I am forming an opinion of YOU based on what is in YOUR signature block.

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 06:12 PM

The fact that they are immediately preceded by talk of a turd sandwich does little to establish any form of credibility.

You are not creating the image of a free thinking intellect with that "potty talk" and a bunch of unexplained numbers in your signature block.

Couple that with the fact that your posts are routinely rife with grammatical errors, and perhaps you'll begin to understand why I likened your posts to those of an angry old man, who drinks too much cheap beer.

If you are really committed to the idea of expressing your displeasure with the 2012 Presidential Election, why not try doing it in such a way that doesn't make use of the word turd?

I know that you think that I am fucking with you, and I am; however, I am also giving you solid advice.

Clean up that signature block!

PS

I like how you only complain about the "turd" and not the reference to Romney. I guess it's ok to make fun of one side.

AJBIGJ
03-07-2014, 06:13 PM
He doesnt have a job on FNC does he? MSNBC hires the most flamebasting people they can who rile up the troops and piss off their opponents with lies and deciet.

I think "Reverend Al" does more for the FNC than he ever did for MSNBC ironically, look at the comparative ratings! If the various pundits at FNC really wanted to see MSNBC go out of business, they'd just ignore every pundit at MSNBC and let nature (aka the ratings bureau) run its course. Rush Limbaugh isn't #1 in the radio bracket because he delivers the "conservative message" in the most intelligent, concise manner. He got there by making the "Feminazi's" see red and all of the other things he does to get all of those "liberals" talking about him!

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 06:29 PM
I like how you only complain about the "turd" and not the reference to Romney. I guess it's ok to make fun of one side.

I rather like Mitt, but since he chose to edit the word douche with symbols that usually indicate cartoon cursing, I didn't want to elaborate on the implications of what that meant.

He thinks that a feminine hygiene product is a bad word and needs to be edited?

He has since removed it, so I think I made a very persuasive argument. ;)

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 06:34 PM
I rather like Mitt, but since he chose to edit the word douche with symbols that usually indicate cartoon cursing, I didn't want to elaborate on the implications of what that meant.

He thinks that a feminine hygiene product is a bad word and needs to be edited?

He has since removed it, so I think I made a very persuasive argument. ;)

That's where he and I are different. I would have bolded it, increased the font, and added more outdated and unrecognizable data.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 06:45 PM
That's where he and I are different. I would have bolded it, increased the font, and added more outdated and unrecognizable data.

Why do you have to hate?

A beautiful thing just happened in here, I helped WILDJOKER5 and you feel the need to piss all over it.

Tsk Tsk, young Sandsjames.

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Why do you have to hate?

A beautiful thing just happened in here, I helped WILDJOKER5 and you feel the need to piss all over it.

Tsk Tsk, young Sandsjames.

Not at all...as a matter of fact, it was nothing more than admitting one of my faults. Here's some more examples:

When doing PT and somebody tries to motivate me by clapping and "pushing", I slow down.
When I am briefed about the dangers of smoking I only want to smoke more.
When I am told of the importance of college education and financial investments it make me despise them even more.

So I wasn't pissing all over anything. Just pointing out that I'm quite stubborn and don't take direction very well.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Not at all...as a matter of fact, it was nothing more than admitting one of my faults. Here's some more examples:

When doing PT and somebody tries to motivate me by clapping and "pushing", I slow down.
When I am briefed about the dangers of smoking I only want to smoke more.
When I am told of the importance of college education and financial investments it make me despise them even more.

So I wasn't pissing all over anything. Just pointing out that I'm quite stubborn and don't take direction very well.

You poor guy!

You must try not to be so stubborn, that little anecdote reminds me of an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" when poor Beaver was being obstinate about taking his vitamins.

Wally and Ward had to double-team the Beaver to get him to submit. Maybe, that is what you need?

You should go out this weekend and find a couple of older men to double-team you.

It might help you finally get over having a big stick up your ass when it comes to authority. Either that, or you could just pray to an imaginary authority figure that you cobbled together from a bunch of myths and incoherent writings from ancient texts.

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 07:20 PM
You poor guy!

You must try not to be so stubborn, that little anecdote reminds me of an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" when poor Beaver was being obstinate about taking his vitamins.

Wally and Ward had to double-team the Beaver to get him to submit. Maybe, that is what you need?

You should go out this weekend and find a couple of older men to double-team you.

It might help you finally get over having a big stick up your ass when it comes to authority. Either that, or you could just pray to an imaginary authority figure that you cobbled together from a bunch of myths and incoherent writings from ancient texts.

Thanks for your advice. I'll keep it in mind. I still don't know why they had to be so hard on the beaver.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks for your advice. I'll keep it in mind. I still don't know why they had to be so hard on the beaver.

I was honestly regretting posting that for a second or two. I'm glad you responded in such a manner and I do hope you got a chuckle from it.

sandsjames
03-07-2014, 10:18 PM
I was honestly regretting posting that for a second or two. I'm glad you responded in such a manner and I do hope you got a chuckle from it.

I did indeed. I can tell the difference between your serious posts and those meant for other reasons. It took awhile, but I'm there.