PDA

View Full Version : Man did our team suck today

garhkal
03-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Well, Jurgen Klinsman has his answer. His current team will get their socks knocked off playing any of the other world cup teams if he used today's roster of players.. 2-0 to the Ukraine.
Though part of me is wondering if some on the team felt "Let them win to boost their pride with all they have going on in their home country"..

sandsjames
03-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Well, Jurgen Klinsman has his answer. His current team will get their socks knocked off playing any of the other world cup teams if he used today's roster of players.. 2-0 to the Ukraine.
Though part of me is wondering if some on the team felt "Let them win to boost their pride with all they have going on in their home country"..

Yeah, looked pretty bad but, as you alluded to, the roster was pretty shaky. The announcers said they left a lot of player behind because the MLS season starts this weekend and the jet lag would have been miserable.

It's going to be a tough group, anyway, with Germany and Portugal (I think that's right) anyway. I have a feeling it's going to be another 20 years before we can really compete on the international stage regularly. The problem is, of course, that every other country has it's best athletes playing soccer while ours are split between 3 (you can add hockey if you like) sports...none of which are soccer.

It still doesn't keep me from getting excited about the World Cup, though. If 2002 and 2010 are anything to go by, the U.S. can still make it pretty exciting.

garhkal
03-06-2014, 05:35 AM
True, that we made it yet again, shows we are moving up in status, but i do find it strange the US Men's team is no where near as popular as the women's is.

sandsjames
03-06-2014, 12:13 PM
True, that we made it yet again, shows we are moving up in status, but i do find it strange the US Men's team is no where near as popular as the women's is.

Well, there are no other major sports for females, unless you want to count the WNBA. The women's team is more popular because they win.

garhkal
03-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Perhaps our guys need to take lessons from the gals!