PDA

View Full Version : The Oscars

sandsjames
03-03-2014, 02:52 PM
If you want to win a (major) Oscar you must do a film about the slaves, gays, white trash, or disabled. If only Bilbo had given Smaug a reach around.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-03-2014, 04:32 PM
If you want to win a (major) Oscar you must do a film about the slaves, gays, white trash, or disabled. If only Bilbo had given Smaug a reach around.

And you thought the Air Force was full of "box checkers."

That Ben Stiller movie, Tropic Thunder, made fun of the idea that in order to be in contention for a Best Actor Oscar certain boxes must be filled.

I always barf at the end of year period film that is released to be an Oscar contender.

I can't stand to watch the Oscars or any award show; about the only thing that grabs my attention is when one of the stars gets drunk and makes an ass out of themselves.

Like Kanye West at the Grammys a couple of years ago or Jacqueline Bisset at the Golden Globes.

imported_WILDJOKER5
03-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Surprised Leo didnt win for his role of showing how Wall Street guys do blow and ludes (sp) and screw over the poor people to get rich. I would love to see a sequel called "The Wolf of Hollywood".

But hey, its great to see a bunch of narcisist huddled up in one place and congradulating each other on how they "elightened" the world. Just glad that one of the founders "promoted" the one Christian song and got it disqualified. I mean, you really wants to award a lady who needs her husband to pres on her diaphram so she can sing a song. Then immagine having to watch her try and make her way up on stage with no wheel chair ramp? Man, it was great.

garhkal
03-03-2014, 06:54 PM
The only 2 awards shows i even give a hoot about these days are the MTV awards and the people's choice.

Measure Man
03-18-2014, 04:53 PM
I used to like the Grammies when they would have cool acts, or sometimes two odd performers getting together and do something different together or whatever. I don't care who wins what, but they used to have some good performances on there.

But, I must be getting old cuz all the new music just seems like soulless synthesized crap to me and I can't stand it...so I can't even watch the Grammies anymore. Any of those other award shows seem pointless to me and I never watch any of them.