PDA

View Full Version : When does SMSgt Results come out?

snowman
02-24-2014, 06:52 PM

fufu
02-24-2014, 07:01 PM
6 Mar

imported_KnuckleDragger
02-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Shortest thread evaaaaar!

/thread

Big Blue
02-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Good Luck All!

Big Blue
02-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Funny, the naysayers are already coming out of the woodwork. They missed their latest time up at bat so they are now trying to rain on people's parade. Saying their "friend" was # nonselect the yr prior and same # this yr and being negative. Okay, but that was them and who knows the reason. How about a good luck everyone....kills me. Again, Good Luck Ya'll!!

fufu
02-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I have a retired buddy...we have a lunch bet going on how much I miss it by...

He has 200.

I have 140.

Should be a fun day either way...

Big Blue
02-25-2014, 11:06 PM
I have a retired buddy...we have a lunch bet going on how much I miss it by...

He has 200.

I have 140.

Should be a fun day either way...

The good news is that you are getting lunch regardless of who's paying! Hoping you get closer than that if it is what you desire.

fufu
02-26-2014, 01:38 AM
The good news is that you are getting lunch regardless of who's paying! Hoping you get closer than that if it is what you desire.

I gotta buy him lunch if he is closer. Lol... It's all good either way.

loadtoad
02-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Does anybody have a link for the release date and stats?

Big Blue
02-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Does anybody have a link for the release date and stats?

No info out there yet regarding stats, just a 6 Mar release date. Thats when we ALL will be enjoying a virtual beer together in the Forum :)

Hoo-huh???
02-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Apparently, the portal checked with AFPC on 26 Feb & they were told that stats aren't available at this time.

SMSgt (14E8) Promotion Release - 6 Mar

Public release for the SMSgt (14E8) promotion process is scheduled for 6 Mar at 0800 CST. The AF Portal checked with AFPC on 26 Feb on the promotion statistics for this board. The response from AFPC was the statistics are not available at this time; they will be posted as soon as they are available.

Big Blue
02-27-2014, 09:33 PM
This long wait is killing me...I was all confident but now I'm nervous again. Sheesh! Think when I see the stats that may give me a warm fuzzy again. With all the reductions recently, it makes me more uncertain of what they are trying to do this year.

Giant Voice
02-28-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm 100% confident...that I'll be a master for another year!

fufu
02-28-2014, 05:20 PM

x2!

Drackore
03-02-2014, 09:35 AM
x3

grimreaper
03-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Apparently, the portal checked with AFPC on 26 Feb & they were told that stats aren't available at this time.

SMSgt (14E8) Promotion Release - 6 Mar

Public release for the SMSgt (14E8) promotion process is scheduled for 6 Mar at 0800 CST. The AF Portal checked with AFPC on 26 Feb on the promotion statistics for this board. The response from AFPC was the statistics are not available at this time; they will be posted as soon as they are available.

Heard from a very reliable source that the reason the stats aren't available is because they aren't promoting anybody this year.:nana:

VCO
03-02-2014, 10:01 PM

I'm about 70% confident that I won't be promoted. I do have a chance this year though I think.

Big Blue
03-03-2014, 04:29 PM
See below for update on release. I am glad they waited to hopefully sort out the correct promotion quota but does anyone think it will not be low with current situation? Thoughts?

TO: FSS CCs, FSS CEMs, MPS Chiefs, MPS Supts and MPS Promotions

SUBJECT: 14E8 Promotion Release Delay

1. HQ USAF distributes promotion quotas based on fiscal and statutory constraints, and projected grade vacancies. Due to pending FY15 End Strength resolution, the public release of 14E8 promotion selections is delayed until 20 March 2014, 1400 hrs ZULU (0800 CST). Senior Rater Early notification is scheduled for 18 March 2014 at 0800 CST. Individual Score Notices will be available on vMPF on public release day and the first month of promotion increments remains 1 April 2014.

2. The Promotion results will be released via the Air Force Personnel Services (myPers), AF Portal, and the Enlisted Promotion Release (EPROM) Application on the AFPC Secure Site. The release procedures remain the same, reference field message '14E8 Promotion Release Procedures' dated 12 February 2014.

Hoo-huh???
03-04-2014, 05:44 AM
See below for update on release. I am glad they waited to hopefully sort out the correct promotion quota but does anyone think it will not be low with current situation? Thoughts?

TO: FSS CCs, FSS CEMs, MPS Chiefs, MPS Supts and MPS Promotions

SUBJECT: 14E8 Promotion Release Delay

1. HQ USAF distributes promotion quotas based on fiscal and statutory constraints, and projected grade vacancies. Due to pending FY15 End Strength resolution, the public release of 14E8 promotion selections is delayed until 20 March 2014, 1400 hrs ZULU (0800 CST). Senior Rater Early notification is scheduled for 18 March 2014 at 0800 CST. Individual Score Notices will be available on vMPF on public release day and the first month of promotion increments remains 1 April 2014.

2. The Promotion results will be released via the Air Force Personnel Services (myPers), AF Portal, and the Enlisted Promotion Release (EPROM) Application on the AFPC Secure Site. The release procedures remain the same, reference field message '14E8 Promotion Release Procedures' dated 12 February 2014.

Does anyone here believe that HQ USAF will actually know more about the FY15 End Strength resolution in two weeks compared to now? Par for the AF...I wish we could give ETICs like this for aircraft.

Big Blue
03-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Now that some of the details of FY15 are out, any Pundits care to guess the %? I've got two more weeks to kill so humor me! Ironic that I have a mandatory meet with my Command Chief prior to SNCOA attendance the day before results....think he would throw me a bone if I asked??

Gonzo432
03-06-2014, 10:39 AM
In the words of Tom Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Big Blue
03-06-2014, 05:27 PM
In the words of Tom Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Good One..now that song is stuck in my head!

Gonzo432
03-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Good One..now that song is stuck in my head!

There are worse songs to have stuck in your head. Having promotion release date kicked to the right? Not much is worse.

BRUWIN
03-07-2014, 02:58 AM
I don't think anybody deserves to make it....they just don't make them like they used to. Some of the best and brightest SMSgts were promoted about 14 years ago. It's been downhill ever since.

loggie94
03-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Same thing is happening with the officer board results due out in February...late February....early March... now mid to late March.
Only difference is they haven't published a release date, so they don't have to advertise the slide...

A continued good luck to the folks waiting for the SMSgt board results....

Big Blue
03-07-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't think anybody deserves to make it....they just don't make them like they used to. Some of the best and brightest SMSgts were promoted about 14 years ago. It's been downhill ever since.

We are trying to bring back the legacy of the "Golden Years" you speak of :) Give the rookies a chance, ha ha. Your mentoring opportunities are only a keystroke away!

Chief_KO
03-07-2014, 08:49 PM
The true zenith of the rank of Senior Master Sergeant was achieved in January 2004.

Gonzo432
03-08-2014, 01:49 AM
The true zenith of the rank of Senior Master Sergeant was achieved in January 2004.

Are you sure it wasn't May 2005? I'm pretty sure May 2005 was the most epic uber-peak.

Chief_KO
03-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Are you sure it wasn't May 2005? I'm pretty sure May 2005 was the most epic uber-peak.

It has been said that the phenomenon known as the January 2004 SMSgt promotions can only be described as a marvel second only to Halley's Comet.

Gonzo432
03-08-2014, 02:25 AM
It has been said that the phenomenon known as the January 2004 SMSgt promotions can only be described as a marvel second only to Halley's Comet.
It's also been said 2004 was the opening act for 2005.:high5

Big Blue
03-08-2014, 02:59 AM
If my name graces the list this time around, I don't care if they call it Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ha ha! But THEN....time to put 14E8 in the record books with the rest of you legends:) Big shoes to fill it would seem...

LogDog
03-08-2014, 05:51 PM
And Haley's Comet turned out to be a disappointment. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-025.gif

Chief_KO
03-09-2014, 01:55 AM
And Haley's Comet turned out to be a disappointment. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-025.gif

Oh yeah, well...crap...I got nothing...back to watching Modern Family re-runs....:black_eyed:

Hoo-huh???
03-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Still not stats...I'm going to lean to the pessimistic side and say that they don't have any more info than they had at the first of March...

Big Blue
03-13-2014, 02:27 PM
It's frustrating that we are this close and they can't provide the stats. That will at least provide a little clarity and help people temper expectations. If it's an ugly baby then just call it that. Guess they want us to feel in the dark like the TERA folks. I know they are trying to figure all this out but when you unveil the plan that details how many acft, down to model type, we will lose and not provide a little more on personnel it begs the question.

Big Blue
03-14-2014, 04:19 PM
So, I heard through the grapevine that one of the ideas being proposed by Sr. Leadership is to change our promotion process for the top 2 ranks to correspond with the other services. Supposedly this would happen sooner than later and a chance as early as this cycle. I just don't think they could implement that this cycle without sharing that first. Thoughts from those on if this seems plausible for this to happen?

fufu
03-14-2014, 04:41 PM
I never paid much attention to the other ranks, how does it differ from us?

Big Blue
03-14-2014, 05:04 PM
It would night and day compared to how they promote. They promote based on actual vacancies per AFSC while we determine a blanket promote % and that is attached to all AFSC's. For exeample, if there are only 2 vacant SMSgt slots for your career field well then that is all that are getting promoted while another career field may have 20 vaancies and they will promote that many. I am in a small career field so it definitely benefits me when we have a higher promotion % than we truly need. Drastic change if implemented dependent on your career field..

DWWSWWD
03-14-2014, 05:34 PM
There are some interesting things coming very soon. We're supposed to get a look at the new eval in a week or two. The only thing I heard that resembles another service is that all of the evals for each particular rank will close at the same time. I think that is a great idea. Some of the other stuff, I'm not keen on.

Big Blue
03-14-2014, 07:07 PM
There are some interesting things coming very soon. We're supposed to get a look at the new eval in a week or two. The only thing I heard that resembles another service is that all of the evals for each particular rank will close at the same time. I think that is a great idea. Some of the other stuff, I'm not keen on.

Thx! You know I was looking for the Big Guns to answer! So do you already have intel on what the dileneating factors will be for those that are chosen to attend the EPME courses? If they are backing up the NCO and SNCO academy dates so much earlier in one's career, they better pack a lunch to make the cut. My Command Chief told me I was fortunate as on old dog to be attending the SNCOA now since it wouldn't be the case when the new stuff rolls around and the young pups are attending. This Old dog nodded his head in agreement:)

BRUWIN
03-14-2014, 07:39 PM
So, I heard through the grapevine that one of the ideas being proposed by Sr. Leadership is to change our promotion process for the top 2 ranks to correspond with the other services.

I wonder if that would mean AF E-9's would have to act similar to Army Sgt Maj's and Navy MCPO's and throw giant hissy fits when they don't get their way about something.

Measure Man
03-14-2014, 07:43 PM
It would night and day compared to how they promote. They promote based on actual vacancies per AFSC while we determine a blanket promote % and that is attached to all AFSC's. For exeample, if there are only 2 vacant SMSgt slots for your career field well then that is all that are getting promoted while another career field may have 20 vaancies and they will promote that many. I am in a small career field so it definitely benefits me when we have a higher promotion % than we truly need. Drastic change if implemented dependent on your career field..

I wonder if that would mean AF E-9's would have to act similar to Army Sgt Maj's and Navy MCPO's and throw giant hissy fits when they don't get their way about something.

pssssh...who cares? A GS-9 can still put them at attention!

Big Blue
03-14-2014, 09:49 PM

I just automatically assumed they would start standing at parade rest while addressing your GS'ness! And maybe a Lock it Up for good measure!

chrisaf4
03-16-2014, 09:08 PM
5.9% is the word on the street.

imported_KnuckleDragger
03-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Ouch.

Big Blue
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM

How recent have you heard that? Seem reliable?

chrisaf4
03-16-2014, 11:38 PM
How recent have you heard that? Seem reliable?

Pretty reliable... Came from a functional manager at afpc.

Big Blue
03-17-2014, 12:04 AM

It's about to get interesting...was right at cut off last yr. That is probably the lowest in 20+ yrs. Suppose they will finally release stats tomorrow since it gets early released the next day. Thx for the info..hope you're wrong :)

Gonzo432
03-17-2014, 12:45 AM

PM sent.

Big Blue
03-17-2014, 01:20 AM
I did hear that was the original % and they were taking the additional time to sort it out. Would have thought it would have went back up some.

Hoo-huh???
03-17-2014, 06:36 AM

I really hope this is nothing more than a rumor...

technomage1
03-17-2014, 07:29 AM

When he found out about the release, my Army supervisor (JET tasking) asked if he'd find me hanging from my bootlaces if I didn't make it. Even before I knew this number, my response was "No, but you'll have to perform CPR on me if I do".

imported_UncommonSense
03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
6.74% as per new info on the portal

"Public release for the SMSgt (14E8) promotion process is scheduled for 20 Mar at 0800 CDT. The worldwide statistics for cycle 14E8 are: number eligible: 14,823; number selected: 999; AF-wide selection rate: 6.74%. Promotion results will be available on myPers and the AF Portal"

BRUWIN
03-17-2014, 03:25 PM
6.74% as per new info on the portal

"Public release for the SMSgt (14E8) promotion process is scheduled for 20 Mar at 0800 CDT. The worldwide statistics for cycle 14E8 are: number eligible: 14,823; number selected: 999; AF-wide selection rate: 6.74%. Promotion results will be available on myPers and the AF Portal"

That has to be one of the lowest E-8 promotion rates on record.

imported_UncommonSense
03-17-2014, 03:38 PM
That has to be one of the lowest E-8 promotion rates on record.

It's the lowest rate since 1994 (5.7%) and the lowest total amount selected all-time. To put in perspective, there are 2,000 more eligible compared to last year, but they are promoting 350 less.

Giant Voice
03-17-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm guessing there are a lot of "go or go home" guys sweating bullets after seeing that number

imported_DannyJ
03-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Welcome back to the days of making rank first time being a mathematical impossibility.

fufu
03-17-2014, 04:42 PM
/stolen from a FB group

"As you know, the SMSgt list will be released on Thursday, 20 March. The board selected 1,002 for promotion to SMSgt, to include 494 selectees from 29 chronic, critically-manned career fields that were selected at an enhanced promotion rate due to critically manned specialties. Also, the overall AF promotion rate to SMSgt this year was 5.9%, a reduction from last year's promotion rate of 10.65%. This reduced rate is consistent with lower selection rates across the board as a result of our decline in total end-strength. In addition, all the promotions across the many AFSCs were de-conflicted from our force management programs. In this way, most over-manned career fields will remain close to or at 100% manning following the promotion cycle, while our chronic critical skill AFSCs will increase manning to approximately 85%."

Big Blue
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Either way, a tough pill to swallow knowing 3 or 4 folks per AFSC. I could have lived with 8% but damn...this is disheartening. Blood, sweat and tears this go round...fingers still crossed.

grimreaper
03-17-2014, 05:47 PM
/stolen from a FB group

"As you know, the SMSgt list will be released on Thursday, 20 March. The board selected 1,002 for promotion to SMSgt, to include 494 selectees from 29 chronic, critically-manned career fields that were selected at an enhanced promotion rate due to critically manned specialties. Also, the overall AF promotion rate to SMSgt this year was 5.9%, a reduction from last year's promotion rate of 10.65%. This reduced rate is consistent with lower selection rates across the board as a result of our decline in total end-strength. In addition, all the promotions across the many AFSCs were de-conflicted from our force management programs. In this way, most over-manned career fields will remain close to or at 100% manning following the promotion cycle, while our chronic critical skill AFSCs will increase manning to approximately 85%."

Original email....

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 8:18 AM

Subject: 2014 (14E8) SMSgt Promotion Statistics

TO: MPS Commanders/Superintendents/Career Development/MAJCOM Enlisted Promotion Representatives

SUBJECT: 2014 (14E8) SMSgt Promotion Statistics

1. The Air Force worldwide statistics for cycle 14E8:

Number Eligible: 14,823

Number Selected: 999

AF-Wide Selection Rate: 6.74%

2. Upon public release on 20 Mar 2014 at 1400 ZULU (0800 CST) personnel can review the results by Name/AFSC listing via the below websites:

myPERS: https://mypers.af.mil/app/landing

AF Portal: https://www.my.af.mil

3. The following is the location MAJCOMS, Commanders, MPSs can retrieve their list via the secure website:

AFPC Secure Site (EPROM Tab): https://w20.AFPC.randolph.af.mil/AFPCsecurenet20

4. At 1400 ZULU (0800 hrs CST), 20 Mar 2014, individual score notices will be posted. Airmen can retrieve their score notices at the following websites:

vMPF: https://w20.AFPC.randolph.af.mil/AFPCsecurenet20

AF Portal https: https://www.my.af.mil

5. Detailed release procedures for MPSs, Senior Raters/Delegated Trusted Agent and deployed PERSCO Teams have been posted on myPERS under FSS Field Messages: https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/27051/kw/14E8%20promotion%20release%20procedures

6. Please contact Enlisted Promotions via e-mail at afpc.dpsoe@randolph.af.mil, DSN 665-2362, Comm: (210)565-2362, if you have additional questions concerning this release.

Hoo-huh???
03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Original email....

So, senior raters & mps's have access to the list now?

Big Blue
03-17-2014, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Hoo-huh???;670763]So, senior raters & mps's have access to the list now?[/QUOTE

It is available to them tomorrow...