PDA

View Full Version : Jury Trial of GWOT Veteran

Drackore
02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
He said it wouldn't happen, but apparently since 28 Jan there has been an ongoing jury trial. Further proof that the persecution of GWOT Vets continues in our country.

How long will we sit here and enj...endure this madness?

edit: yes, I see that I swapped the R and the U

Absinthe Anecdote
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
He said it wouldn't happen, but apparently since 28 Jan there has been an ongoing jury trial. Further proof that the persecution of GWOT Vets continues in our country.

Then go back and fix it!

If there is one thing I won't stand for it is a typo in the same sentence as the respected label of GWOT Veteran.

You do realize that the GWOT Veteran you are referring to was a flight engineer on a C-5 during the GWOT, don't you?

He sat long hours in the FE seat monitoring the power output of those massive engines while the aircraft flew loads of PX supplies, Green Bean coffee, and frozen Whopper patties to places like Bagram, and Frankfurt.

SomeRandomGuy
02-12-2014, 02:41 PM

If there is one thing that offends me on the internet it is people misspelling thread titles. This is an outrage! Someone should sue you over this! I'm going to be pissed off about this misspelling all day. When I get home tonight my neighbor's trash can better not be straddling my property line like it was earlier. I will dump that thing in their driveway and video tape myself doing it. Things like this random misspelling really set me off.

SomeRandomGuy
02-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Check out the last 3 items on the Docket:

03-FEB-2014
09:44 AM REQUEST
Entry: MEDIA REQUEST TO PHOTOGRAPH, RECORD, OR BROADCAST / ON SECOND THOUGHT TV / jal

03-FEB-2014
09:45 AM ORDER
Entry: ON MEDIA REQUEST TO PERMIT COVERAGE / ON SECOND THOUGHT TV / DENIED / jal

07-FEB-2014
10:31 AM MOTION (NO FEE)
Entry: DEFENDANTS' MOTION TO DISALLOW PROSECUTION TO CROSS EXAMINE WITNESSES WITH BAD FAITH QUESTIONS GEARED AT INTRODUCING SPECIFIC INSTANCES OF DEFENDANTS' PAST BEHAVIOR. JDC

So......Not only can we not watch this on TV but they are trying to keep his past behavior out of court records? That takes all the fun out of this. :damnit-sign2:

Absinthe Anecdote
02-12-2014, 03:45 PM

So......Not only can we not watch this on TV but they are trying to keep his past behavior out of court records? That takes all the fun out of this. :damnit-sign2:

If I ever become so unglued from rational behavior, that there are YouTube videos of me being hauled out of a city council meeting kicking and screaming like a toddler having a temper tantrum, I sincerely hope that I have a moment of clarity and go find a lonely island to go be a hermit on.

LogDog
02-12-2014, 06:08 PM

I fully understand your error and I blame it on those damn renters who live next door to you. You should call the police on them.

Chief_KO
02-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Is it too early to start a "Free the GWOT Veteran" Facebook page???

CYBERFX1024
02-12-2014, 06:48 PM

This had me laughing... Thank you for that, work sucks today.

bcoco14
02-13-2014, 03:49 AM
Just because I'm in the area I might pop into the court house tomorrow to give a real time update to this, schedule permitting, not looking good at this point. But good god I want to be there when they hammer him.

CYBERFX1024
02-13-2014, 04:35 AM
What city is it again?

Gonzo432
02-13-2014, 10:50 AM
This is handy.

http://courtconnect.solanocourts.com/courtconnect/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=FCR292546&begin_date=&end_date=

LogDog
03-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Looks like our WOT veteran goes to a Readiness Conference on March 7th. The Readiness Conference, I look it up on Google, is a pretrial conference 1-14 days before the felony trial begins. It's purpose is to see if the case can be disposed of without trial. Both the prosecution and defense lawyers as well as the accused must be present at this conference.

So for now, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

technomage1
03-05-2014, 07:26 PM
I can't pull up the website at my location so I appreciate the updates.

Gonzo432
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Updates as they happen, Techno. It's funny some of the sites that are blocked in the AOR.

technomage1
03-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Updates as they happen, Techno. It's funny some of the sites that are blocked in the AOR.

Odd thing is its not this end blocking but rather the source. Anyway, I looked up on second thought tv and judging from the site this is somthing he wanted since it's all about justice in the courtroom and conspiracy theories. In other words another gadfly runs it.

I still would've enjoyed watching it but it's probably for the best this way.

Gonzo432
03-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Odd thing is its not this end blocking but rather the source. Anyway, I looked up on second thought tv and judging from the site this is somthing he wanted since it's all about justice in the courtroom and conspiracy theories. In other words another gadfly runs it.

I still would've enjoyed watching it but it's probably for the best this way.

"Defendant held in contempt for "mooning" jury. Defendant tasered after running around like a chicken." It doesn't say that, but it would be a lot cooler if it did!

LogDog
03-07-2014, 05:01 AM
"Defendant held in contempt for "mooning" jury. Defendant tasered after running around like a chicken." It doesn't say that, but it would be a lot cooler if it did!
Probably for trying to run over the jury with his car.

Gonzo432
03-08-2014, 01:56 AM
Probably for trying to run over the jury with his car.

That would completely blow the Bart Simpson "I didn't do it" defense.

bcoco14
03-08-2014, 04:36 AM
And the saga continues. Looks like we now have to wait until June 10. It also seems that the judge decided to not grant Dicks motion to dismiss the charges.

LogDog
03-08-2014, 05:48 PM
And the saga continues. Looks like we now have to wait until June 10. It also seems that the judge decided to not grant Dicks motion to dismiss the charges.
Dick's case seems to be limping along. Too bad because now it's referred to as limp Dick's case.

Gonzo432
03-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Should we start a pool on Technomage1 returning from deployment before the trial actually starts? Is Judge Nelson retiring on or about 9 June? These and other questions will be answered. Not today, not tomorrow, but someday.

JURY TRIAL 10-JUN-2014
10:00 AM DPT 4 RM 306 HALL OF JUSTICE Fairfield NELSON, E. BRADLEY

technomage1
03-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Should we start a pool on Technomage1 returning from deployment before the trial actually starts? Is Judge Nelson retiring on or about 9 June? These and other questions will be answered. Not today, not tomorrow, but someday.

JURY TRIAL 10-JUN-2014
10:00 AM DPT 4 RM 306 HALL OF JUSTICE Fairfield NELSON, E. BRADLEY

I'll be back around 1 Oct, and my bet is that it won't have started before then. Seriously, I understand the need to allow both sides to prepare, but didn't the incident in question occur in April 2012?

I did find this online, though.

Jury deadlocks in Suisun City political gadfly’s trial
By Jess Sullivan
From page A8 | February 12, 2014 | Leave Comment
FAIRFIELD — A two-week jury trial for a Suisun City political gadfly who faced criminal charges for what he did at a community crime forum ended Tuesday with a mistrial.

Richard D. Giddens was ordered to return to court Feb. 27 when prosecutors will announce whether they will continue to pursue criminal charges against Giddens.

Giddens was arrested by a trio of Suisun City police, including Police Chief Ed Dadisho, as he left an April 2012 neighborhood crime forum. Before the community forum, a neighbor of Giddens, with whom he had a long feud, called 911 to report that Giddens tried to run him down as he pulled out of his driveway on his way to the forum. The arrest included a struggle with officers and ended with Giddens in the back of a patrol car, where he repeatedly kicked a rear window.

During the trial, Judge E. Bradley Nelson threw out a felony assault charge involving the neighbor.

Jurors deadlocked roughly 8-4 for guilt on charges of felony vandalism, resisting arrest and a civil rights violation involving the altercation with police.

Giddens, who has pleaded not guilty, remains free on bail.
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/jury-deadlocks-in-suisun-city-political-gadflys-trial/

Gonzo432
03-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I'll be back around 1 Oct, and my bet is that it won't have started before then. Seriously, I understand the need to allow both sides to prepare, but didn't the incident in question occur in April 2012?

I did find this online, though.

Jury deadlocks in Suisun City political gadfly’s trial
By Jess Sullivan
From page A8 | February 12, 2014 | Leave Comment
FAIRFIELD — A two-week jury trial for a Suisun City political gadfly who faced criminal charges for what he did at a community crime forum ended Tuesday with a mistrial.

Richard D. Giddens was ordered to return to court Feb. 27 when prosecutors will announce whether they will continue to pursue criminal charges against Giddens.

Giddens was arrested by a trio of Suisun City police, including Police Chief Ed Dadisho, as he left an April 2012 neighborhood crime forum. Before the community forum, a neighbor of Giddens, with whom he had a long feud, called 911 to report that Giddens tried to run him down as he pulled out of his driveway on his way to the forum. The arrest included a struggle with officers and ended with Giddens in the back of a patrol car, where he repeatedly kicked a rear window.

During the trial, Judge E. Bradley Nelson threw out a felony assault charge involving the neighbor.

Jurors deadlocked roughly 8-4 for guilt on charges of felony vandalism, resisting arrest and a civil rights violation involving the altercation with police.

Giddens, who has pleaded not guilty, remains free on bail.
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/jury-deadlocks-in-suisun-city-political-gadflys-trial/

So, the judge threw out the felony assault charge (where there was video showing a sport ute driving fast and awfully close to people) but they still got him on charges stemming from the arrest, including a civil rights violation? WTF-OVER??!!

Then again, California jury, no wonder there wasn't a conviction.

technomage1
03-11-2014, 07:22 AM
So, the judge threw out the felony assault charge (where there was video showing a sport ute driving fast and awfully close to people) but they still got him on charges stemming from the arrest, including a civil rights violation? WTF-OVER??!!

Then again, California jury, no wonder there wasn't a conviction.

Well, just because someone is cleared of their initial charges doesn't mean they're not guilty of resisting arrest or property damage.

I don't know what the "civil rights violation" was, though. From a quick internet search it's defined as bullying or stalking someone. Wonder who he (allegedly) went after?

I also wonder why the jury was considered deadlocked at 8-4. I was under the impression only murder trails had to have a unanimous jury decision.

Gonzo432
03-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Well, just because someone is cleared of their initial charges doesn't mean they're not guilty of resisting arrest or property damage.

I don't know what the "civil rights violation" was, though. From a quick internet search it's defined as bullying or stalking someone. Wonder who he (allegedly) went after?

I also wonder why the jury was considered deadlocked at 8-4. I was under the impression only murder trails had to have a unanimous jury decision.

I wish they'd call it "intimidation" or "stalking/trespassing". To me a civil rights violation occurs when an entity of the government violates guarantees under the constitution. If the cops beat the crap out of WP (for no good reason anyway), then his civil rights were violated. Resisting will get you beat-down.

The (vehicular) assault must've been thrown out because it doesn't show intent. Bad driver in a hurry doesn't equal, well what the video showed I guess.

LogDog
05-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Looks like the case is finally going to a jury trial on June 19, 2014. I'm hoping Dick doesn't have any more tricks up his sleeve to delay the trial because we've be anxiously awaiting the outcome.

CYBERFX1024
05-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Looks like the case is finally going to a jury trial on June 19, 2014. I'm hoping Dick doesn't have any more tricks up his sleeve to delay the trial because we've be anxiously awaiting the outcome.

Same here I got my bag of Doritos ready for me to chow down when we hear the news.

sandsjames
05-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Same here I got my bag of Doritos ready for me to chow down when we hear the news.

Can't wait to see the youtube video of what happens outside the court room afterwards.

LogDog
05-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Correct. The date should be June 10, 2014.

Gonzo432
05-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Maybe this will liven things up around here.

Drackore
07-14-2014, 03:50 PM
That website says there was a verdict last Friday, but nothing says what the verdict was.

bcoco14
07-14-2014, 09:11 PM
He was found guilty on one of the felonies and acquitted on some of the other charges. He faces sentencing in August of up to a year.

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/jury-convicts-suisun-man-in-case-of-crime-forum-fracas/

SomeRandomGuy
07-14-2014, 10:59 PM
He was found guilty on one of the felonies and acquitted on some of the other charges. He faces sentencing in August of up to a year.

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/jury-convicts-suisun-man-in-case-of-crime-forum-fracas/

My guess is he doesn't actually do any time on either charge. He lives in California. Their prison system is already overcrowded. My guess is a few years probation. In fact I could see the judge ordering anger management or something of that nature. The dude really seems like a loose cannon. Also now that he is a convicted felon I assume there is no need to go to local crime forums since felons can't vote.

Gonzo432
07-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Felony vandalism for $700 in damage? I'm guessing there's more to this story. Now the "throwing a bike a a census worker"? This guy is at least a bubble off plumb.

bcoco14
07-15-2014, 12:29 AM
My guess is he doesn't actually do any time on either charge. He lives in California. Their prison system is already overcrowded. My guess is a few years probation. In fact I could see the judge ordering anger management or something of that nature. The dude really seems like a loose cannon. Also now that he is a convicted felon I assume there is no need to go to local crime forums since felons can't vote.

My guess is he gets some time but wont serve the full amount due to overcrowding. This isn't the first time he has been in court and I don't think this is his first conviction either. So he's not a first time offender. I will be surprised if he gets no time.

SomeRandomGuy
07-15-2014, 12:33 AM
Felony vandalism for $700 in damage? I'm guessing there's more to this story. Now the "throwing a bike a a census worker"? This guy is at least a bubble off plumb.

The felony vandalism charge is for trying to kick out the rear window of the police cruiser. I'm assuming it's a felony mainly because it was damaging a cop car as to being a felony due to the amount. That's just my guess.

As far as the census worker bicycle that story is here

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/suisun-city-man-jailed-over-ruckus-with-census-worker/

bcoco14
07-15-2014, 04:33 AM
The felony vandalism charge is for trying to kick out the rear window of the police cruiser. I'm assuming it's a felony mainly because it was damaging a cop car as to being a felony due to the amount. That's just my guess.

As far as the census worker bicycle that story is here

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/suisun-city-man-jailed-over-ruckus-with-census-worker/

That's a pretty good guess! Looks like the dollar amount threshold is $400. I will say I'm surprised he hasn't been sentenced in the bike throwing indecent yet. It seems that was back in 2010. I will say though, seeing as he is now a convicted felon, awaiting sentence for the bike thing, and still has another pending misdemeanor case, that does bode well of your prediction of no time served. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next month.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=594-625c

LogDog
07-15-2014, 04:24 PM
I agree that he probably won't see any jail time but he'll be on probation for a couple of years. There is no doubt that Richard Giddens has anger management issues and I'm sure the judge will require him successfully complete an anger management course, have no further run-ins with the law, complete a couple hundred hours of community service, and pay for the damages he caused.

If Giddens doesn't seek help for his anger problems, we'll be hearing/reading about him when he does something worse and unfortunately, by then, someone is going to get hurt or killed. I hope the judge will require him to surrender any and all firearms in his home and prohibit him from owning any firearms until he has successfully completed his anger management course and his prohibition.

SomeRandomGuy
07-15-2014, 05:02 PM
I agree that he probably won't see any jail time but he'll be on probation for a couple of years. There is no doubt that Richard Giddens has anger management issues and I'm sure the judge will require him successfully complete an anger management course, have no further run-ins with the law, complete a couple hundred hours of community service, and pay for the damages he caused.

If Giddens doesn't seek help for his anger problems, we'll be hearing/reading about him when he does something worse and unfortunately, by then, someone is going to get hurt or killed. I hope the judge will require him to surrender any and all firearms in his home and prohibit him from owning any firearms until he has successfully completed his anger management course and his prohibition.

Aren't convicted felons automatically ineligible to own a firearm? Or is that just certain felonies? I do agree with your point backing up my point that Richard needs anger management. I think that is plain for everyone except Richard to see.

In my opinion he has the worst kind of anger problem. He doesn't just get angry about the things that affect him personally. He gets angry about political issues and neighbor issues that the average person would just shrug off. He even tried to hunt down another poster on this board so he could sue him for comments on Youtube. The average person is able to ignore internet comments and even most of the issues that really seem to get Rich going.

I hope for his own sake Rich has someone in his life who can help him see his issues. It would be a real shame for him to throw away his life and everything he has worked for simply because he can't control his anger.

Rich, if you still read these forums please read this quote and try to understand it. "God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Measure Man
07-15-2014, 05:22 PM
What city is it again?

Suisun, CA

LogDog
07-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Aren't convicted felons automatically ineligible to own a firearm? Or is that just certain felonies? I do agree with your point backing up my point that Richard needs anger management. I think that is plain for everyone except Richard to see.

In my opinion he has the worst kind of anger problem. He doesn't just get angry about the things that affect him personally. He gets angry about political issues and neighbor issues that the average person would just shrug off. He even tried to hunt down another poster on this board so he could sue him for comments on Youtube. The average person is able to ignore internet comments and even most of the issues that really seem to get Rich going.

I hope for his own sake Rich has someone in his life who can help him see his issues. It would be a real shame for him to throw away his life and everything he has worked for simply because he can't control his anger.

Rich, if you still read these forums please read this quote and try to understand it. "God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
From my understanding, if you're convicted of a felony in California you lose your right to own/use a gun. Since Giddens was convicted on two misdemeanor charges it looks like he will be able to own/use a gun. However, the judge can order him dispose of his guns and not to use any firearms during his probation. After his probation is over, it would be up to the judge to determine if he should be able to have his right to own/use guns restored.

Gonzo432
07-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Convicted of a felony and you lose a lot of gun rights. In Indiana you can't have a license to carry a handgun. You can carry a black powder handgun or one made before 1899. Colt Peacemaker could be an option.

CYBERFX1024
07-16-2014, 02:13 AM

Yes, here in California it will be illegal for him or anyone living in his household to have a firearm. In order to further explain to that, his wife will be available to buy a firearm IF she doesn't have any felonies. But if the cops are ever sent to his house for anything and they search the house and find the firearms. He then can be charged for Firearm by Felon (which is a felony) because it's in the same house/residence and the police won't know if it is for her or him.

LogDog
07-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Yes, here in California it will be illegal for him or anyone living in his household to have a firearm. In order to further explain to that, his wife will be available to buy a firearm IF she doesn't have any felonies. But if the cops are ever sent to his house for anything and they search the house and find the firearms. He then can be charged for Firearm by Felon (which is a felony) because it's in the same house/residence and the police won't know if it is for her or him.
To clarify what you said, a person convicted of a felony would not be able to own a firearm nor reside in a home with a firearm. It would not be illegal for his wife or anyone in his home to own a firearm but if they did he would not be allowed to stay there because it would violate the terms of his probation. His conviction only prohibits him from owning a firearm or residing in a home with a firearm, not his wife or others within the home.

Stalwart
07-26-2014, 01:11 AM

Well, maybe it will serve him well in the long run ...

Drackore
08-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Has anyone heard from bat-shit crazy Dick?

LogDog
08-20-2014, 02:41 AM
Has anyone heard from bat-shit crazy Dick?
According to the docket, it looks like he'll get probation. There is a probation pre-sentence scheduled for Aug 21st.

Drackore
11-13-2014, 12:20 AM
90 days - don't drop the soap...LOL!

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/suisun-man-gets-90-days-for-patrol-car-vandalism/

Stalwart
11-13-2014, 12:46 AM
well that is a development ... kinda didn't see that coming.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-13-2014, 01:07 AM
90 days - don't drop the soap...LOL!

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/suisun-man-gets-90-days-for-patrol-car-vandalism/

He got house arrest, so he can drop the soap all he wants.

Stalwart
11-13-2014, 01:10 AM

I didn't read that, I thought it was an 'option'.

Either way, I kinda hope he gets some help with anger management. Basing my opinion solely on what I know from here and his saga with the police in his home-town I think he could use it and may be happier from it. Walking around pissed off all the time is no way to go through life.

LogDog
11-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Richard Giddens was found guilty of vandalism for kicking out the rear window of a police car. His sentence is as follows:
90 days in jail
Three years formal probation
$590 in fines and fees
30 hours of community service
Ordered to pay nearly $750 to the Suisun Police department for the rear window

The judge gave him the choice of a possible alternative sentencing, such as house arrest or a work furlough program but the article doesn't say whether he accepted the offer to avoid jail time.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Richard Giddens was found guilty of vandalism for kicking out the rear window of a police car. His sentence is as follows:
90 days in jail
Three years formal probation
$590 in fines and fees
30 hours of community service
Ordered to pay nearly $750 to the Suisun Police department for the rear window

The judge gave him the choice of a possible alternative sentencing, such as house arrest or a work furlough program but the article doesn't say whether he accepted the offer to avoid jail time.

I can't see that guy not taking the judge's generous offer of house arrest.

Can you?

SomeRandomGuy
11-14-2014, 08:09 PM
I can't see that guy not taking the judge's generous offer of house arrest.

Can you?

This is in California anyways. 90 days in jail is like 2 weeks real time.

On a side note, wouldn't the perfect punishment for him be house arrest while the neighborhood forms a street basketball league and plays everyday while he can't come out?

CrustySMSgt
03-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I set a Google News search for his name a couple years ago and got this random hit today: http://www.thereporter.com/opinion/20150307/robin-miller-redress-of-grievances-shouldnt-include-obscenity

Robin Miller: Redress of grievances shouldn’t include obscenity

By Robin Miller, The Reporter, Vacaville

Posted: 03/07/15, 7:42 PM PST |
0 Comments

Is it just me, or has the concept of civil discourse taken a nose dive in the last few years?

My jaw hit the ground a few years ago when an area councilman dropped and “F-bomb” while telling another councilmember to shut up — all live and on television in the middle of a council meeting.

I remember thinking, that’s about as low as you can go.

After Tuesday’s Board of Supervisor’s meeting, I’m not so sure about that.

At least in this case, it wasn’t an elected official dropping his civility in public. Still, it was out of line and the board chair should have gaveled the speaker long before he got to the point of cursing the board and “flipping the bird” at them.

In case you missed it, the Supervisors’ meetings regularly begin with a public comment portion, when citizens can take a few minutes to comment on items that are not on the agenda. On Tuesday, Suisun City resident Richard Giddens was the last to speak during the public comment portion and he focused his comments on legal incidents from last November. He claimed the County Counsel’s office had tried to skirt around procedures in order to deny him the opportunity to participate in an “alternative sentencing” program, though he later admitted that he had participated in such a program and had just had an “electronic shackle” removed.

Nonetheless Giddens was there to complain about his treatment, asking the board, “Is this how you treat your veterans?”

The retired U.S. Air Force master sergeant then oddly compared himself to two generals: Alcibiades (an ancient Greek statesman, orator and general) and Benedict Arnold (the American general who defected to the British during the American Revolution).

I’m not quite sure what that was all about, but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to understand his next move, which was the aforementioned cursing, coupled with obscene gesture.

Frankly, we probably shouldn’t feel surprised when public discourse reaches such a low.

Our politicians regularly attack one another in this country and show no desire to listen to anything the opposition has to say. There is no discourse to be had in a system where someone who disagrees with you must be painted as evil and or anti-American, or where finding someone to blame takes the focus from finding a solution to any problem.

In such a system, public discourse leaves little space for legitimate and respected disagreement. You are fair, righteous and true or you are treacherous, disloyal and have no value, depending on who is doing the listening.

Advertisement

I’m not saying Mr. Giddens didn’t have the Constitutional right to deliver his rant.

The Founding Fathers clearly put the right of free speech of individuals ahead of the effect of that speech on others. (You can’t yell fire in a crowded theater but you can flip off your county representatives).

In fact, the Constitution encourages citizens to take on their government leaders. The First Amendment doesn’t only prohibit laws that infringe on free speech but also laws that would block the petitioning government for a redress of grievances.

Still, the truth is, if you want your words or redress to be heard and acted upon, you would do better to think them through and make them a bit more civil than just calling someone an ass hat and flipping them the one-finger salute.

The author is managing editor of The Reporter and can be reached at RMiller@TheReporter.com or follow her online @Twitter.com/RobinMiller1883.

LogDog
03-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Crusty, are you going to start a pool as to when he'll next be arrested. If you do, I'll go for I'll take June 16, 2015.

Drackore
03-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Gotta love this nutjob. Besides being surprised that he didn't die at birth, the entertainment value he provides is unlimited. He was so apparently a joke when he was active, but now he's an entire comedy show.

SomeRandomGuy
03-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Oh man, every time this thread gets bumped I end up in a google wormhole. I searched his name and I found his Disqus profile. He really really hates Judge Healy (the judge who sentenced him). It's interesting that Judge Healy just got reprimanded for his conduct in family court. Some of the stuff this judge said is insane.

http://www.thereporter.com/general-news/20141105/state-commission-admonishes-solano-judge

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during sentencing. I bet Judge Healy had some interesting things to good ol Willspowers

Stalwart
03-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Oh man, every time this thread gets bumped I end up in a google wormhole. I searched his name and I found his Disqus profile. He really really hates Judge Healy (the judge who sentenced him). It's interesting that Judge Healy just got reprimanded for his conduct in family court. Some of the stuff this judge said is insane.

http://www.thereporter.com/general-news/20141105/state-commission-admonishes-solano-judge

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during sentencing. I bet Judge Healy had some interesting things to good ol Willspowers

Part of me sees the comedy and chuckles at reading some of this; part of me wonders what he was like to his seniors or subordinates while on active duty.

Biggest thing, I really hope he can talk to someone who can help him ... IMO he has some pretty major league anger management issues and hope to not read a headline about him migrating from being a local gadfly to being ivolved in something much more serious.

SomeRandomGuy
03-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Part of me sees the comedy and chuckles at reading some of this; part of me wonders what he was like to his seniors or subordinates while on active duty.

Biggest thing, I really hope he can talk to someone who can help him ... IMO he has some pretty major league anger management issues and hope to not read a headline about him migrating from being a local gadfly to being ivolved in something much more serious.

If you are curious, give this a read. Our very own GWOT veteran wrote about his court martial for saying Allah dammit. In my opinion, that was a bogus charge. It's pretty obvious he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I bet there was never a dull moment in that squadron though.

http://www.militarycorruption.com/soundoff4.htm

technomage1
03-13-2015, 10:33 AM
I almost missed this because I don't check the site very often anymore. Glad to know what happened. Methinks WP has learned nothing from his two trials.

Mjölnir
08-13-2015, 02:19 AM
Someone sent me this link ... wow ...

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/general-news/20150303/board-meeting-continues-as-normal-after-loud-public-outburst

LogDog
08-13-2015, 05:14 AM
Someone sent me this link ... wow ...

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/general-news/20150303/board-meeting-continues-as-normal-after-loud-public-outburst
You can watch the video of the supervisor's meeting and our old friend, Dick Giddens, can be seen at the 24:10 minute mark.
http://www.solanocounty.com/depts/bos/meetings/videos.asp
When you get to the Solan County page click on 2015 Board of Supervisors Meetings.
Find the meeting for March 3, 2015 and then click on video on the far right side.

It's apparent that Dick Giddens has an anger management problem.

I do have a suggestion for him; get rid of the flight jacket. Just because you're a veteran doesn't give you special status. It looks like he wears it mainly to get sympathy and from what it looks like sympathy is in short supply.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-13-2015, 11:14 AM
The video was disappointing, I was expecting more grumpy rage than that.

What was he on home monitoring for if he was found not guilty in the car assault case?

SomeRandomGuy
08-13-2015, 12:50 PM
You can watch the video of the supervisor's meeting and our old friend, Dick Giddens, can be seen at the 24:10 minute mark.
http://www.solanocounty.com/depts/bos/meetings/videos.asp
When you get to the Solan County page click on 2015 Board of Supervisors Meetings.
Find the meeting for March 3, 2015 and then click on video on the far right side.

It's apparent that Dick Giddens has an anger management problem.

I do have a suggestion for him; get rid of the flight jacket. Just because you're a veteran doesn't give you special status. It looks like he wears it mainly to get sympathy and from what it looks like sympathy is in short supply.

You guys have to admit Dick is the OG Troll. Most people spend their time trolling internet forums or comment boards. Dick does the same thing except in real life. My guess is he shows up early to the city council meetings and loudly yells, "FIRST!" to kick things off.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-13-2015, 01:26 PM
You guys have to admit Dick is the OG Troll. Most people spend their time trolling internet forums or comment boards. Dick does the same thing except in real life. My guess is he shows up early to the city council meetings and loudly yells, "FIRST!" to kick things off.

Good ole MTF poster, Smarg. He shared with us a video of him yelling at Code Pink outside of Travis. His ranting was more offensive than Code Pink.

Can't imagine the grief he causes the Travis leadership, complaining about everything under the sun he doesn't like on the base. Perhaps they've banned him.

UncaRastus
08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
I do believe that Dick has way too much time on his hands. Rainmaker, couldn't you hire him to be at your compound, lecturing everyone present there, as to the conspiracies that he is sure to be well read up on?

You can let this fine AF retiree drive around your compound in his armored car, as a security guard, also!

A Win/Win thang!

Absinthe Anecdote
08-13-2015, 03:06 PM
I do believe that Dick has way too much time on his hands. Rainmaker, couldn't you hire him to be at your compound, lecturing everyone present there, as to the conspiracies that he is sure to be well read up on?

You can let this fine AF retiree drive around your compound in his armored car, as a security guard, also!

A Win/Win thang!

That was PYB who had the armored car.

UncaRastus
08-13-2015, 03:20 PM
OK, my bad. Hire both of these guys, RM!

Rainmaker
08-13-2015, 04:13 PM
OK, my bad. Hire both of these guys, RM!

yes, we definitely could use a guy who fancies himself as a modern-day Alcibiades at the Compound.