PDA

View Full Version : Presenting: The Encyclopedia of Ethical Failure

Measure Man
02-04-2014, 04:37 PM
I think the approach of just putting real cases out there.

Should be placed in every bathroom stall in the AF:

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics/dod_oge/eef_complete_2012.doc

MrMiracle
02-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Your expectations of bathroom stall-size are rather unrealistic.

ihatenonners
02-05-2014, 03:45 PM
O-5s running for public office? They obviously cant get enough of that sweet nectar of corruption.

BRUWIN
02-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Some funny stuff in there. Good read.

BENDER56
02-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Some funny stuff in there. Good read.

I know, right?

When was the last time you read anything from the DoD that was legitimately funny? (As opposed to the countless DoD publications that were unintentionally funny.)

I'm rather impressed.

Measure Man
02-05-2014, 06:01 PM
I know, right?

When was the last time you read anything from the DoD that was legitimately funny? (As opposed to the countless DoD publications that were unintentionally funny.)

I'm rather impressed.

Back at Clark in the late 90s, there was a cop that wrote the daily blotter article in the base newspaper...and he would always add snarky commentary to it. The column was a huge hit. He later went on and did the same thing at another base. Of course, he had plenty of material to work with at Clark.

Reading this had me wondering if he, or someone who learned from him had a hand in writing this.

AJBIGJ
02-05-2014, 06:11 PM
A little light reading for those slightly more turbulent periods of indigestion?

Chief_KO
02-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Stuff like this used to be on the "read & sign" clipboard back in the day.
All the Art 15s on the base and all the courts martial in the command.
For some reason the AF stopped this practice...

TJMAC77SP
02-05-2014, 07:49 PM
I know, right?

I'm rather impressed.

The humor reminded my of messages the Navy's chief of safety used to put out in the mid-90's. Great commentary was included, often of a sarcastic nature. I wonder if the admiral has switched careers?

I chuckled at the supervisory special agent who showed her B&Cs to the local cop. That goes on every single day across the breadth of law enforcement (military and civilian).

ChiefB
02-06-2014, 03:21 AM
Back at Clark in the late 90s, there was a cop that wrote the daily blotter article in the base newspaper...and he would always add snarky commentary to it. The column was a huge hit. He later went on and did the same thing at another base. Of course, he had plenty of material to work with at Clark.

Reading this had me wondering if he, or someone who learned from him had a hand in writing this.

He must have written from beneath a hell of a lot of volcanic ash considering that Clark was buried in '91 by Mt. Pinatubo.:smile:

wxjumper
02-06-2014, 04:10 AM
60 Minutes (or some show like that) was doing a piece on government corruption last year and they actually talked to the agency that puts this report together. It was pretty interesting. They gave out the web address to this document on the program and it is available to the public, not just DOD.

Measure Man
02-06-2014, 06:14 AM
He must have written from beneath a hell of a lot of volcanic ash considering that Clark was buried in '91 by Mt. Pinatubo.:smile:

LOL...doh! You got me....late 80s. I was here from 86-90, sometime during there.

Absinthe Anecdote
02-06-2014, 10:42 AM
The humor reminded my of messages the Navy's chief of safety used to put out in the mid-90's. Great commentary was included, often of a sarcastic nature. I wonder if the admiral has switched careers?

I chuckled at the supervisory special agent who showed her B&Cs to the local cop. That goes on every single day across the breadth of law enforcement (military and civilian).

I was wondering how that even turned into an issue that got her into trouble. There has to be more to the story than that.

TJMAC77SP
02-06-2014, 02:55 PM
I was wondering how that even turned into an issue that got her into trouble. There has to be more to the story than that.

I figure the douchebag cop reported her and the agency had no choice. I think demoting her was pretty harsh. I would love to speak with other officers in the department (of the officer she showed the B&Cs to). I can assure you they do the same thing when stopped by cops.

And to get ahead of the few (if there are any) supporters of PYB, I do not condone this kind of special treatment but merely acknowledge that it occurs.

I will tell on myself though. Years ago I was with some friends on leave in Boston. We were going into a club with a cover charge and they were checking all id's. When I took out my wallet to get my DL the guy at the door saw my shield and asked me who was with me. I pointed out my friends and we all got in for free. Hey maybe PYB was right, I am a fascist...........................

dsmlacctv
12-29-2014, 02:10 PM
I m also impressed.