PDA

View Full Version : Officer RIF?

siligurl
02-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Anyone have gouge as to when officers will be notified whether they are going to RIF board?

giggawatt
02-04-2014, 07:23 AM
I always try my best not to gouge. Some one could get hurt.

Absinthe Anecdote
02-04-2014, 10:42 AM
I always try my best not to gouge. Some one could get hurt.

If I had to gouge, I wouldn't clip my fingernails, but I would file them into sharp claws and apply a coat of clear lacquer to help strengthen them.

After I did that, I would suggest the officers go check vMPF like everyone else.

imnohero
02-04-2014, 11:58 AM
silligurl...short answer is no. There aren't many officers on the forums.

wxjumper
02-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Anyone have gouge as to when officers will be notified whether they are going to RIF board?It would have to be when the Vol programs end. I know TERA is in March, not sure when VSP is. So I am guessing sometime in the Spring.

loggie94
02-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Anyone have gouge as to when officers will be notified whether they are going to RIF board?

Yep, there's plenty of gouge on the AF Portal and AFPC's page. According to the Portal, the info is current as of 27 Jan. Best bet is for you to look at those pages, since the answer varies based on year group, AFSC, lunar pattern and fitness program status.

CJSmith
02-04-2014, 01:49 PM

ITT: Collage educated peeple axe silly qeustions.

SomeRandomGuy
02-04-2014, 02:15 PM

People here are kind of harsh when you make small grammatical errors. If I were you I woudln't worry about the officer RIF. You could always get a job as the social media editor for JcPenney.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jcpenney-super-bowl-tweets-mittens-2014-2

giggawatt
02-04-2014, 02:29 PM
If I had to gouge, I wouldn't clip my fingernails, but I would file them into sharp claws and apply a coat of clear lacquer to help strengthen them.

After I did that, I would suggest the officers go check vMPF like everyone else.

Would that make your hands a 10 gouge?

efmbman
02-06-2014, 10:59 PM
I think it will happen in June...

http://www.stripes.com/news/air-force-will-convene-early-retirement-board-for-some-officers-in-june-1.265990

Enjoy!

Capt Alfredo
02-07-2014, 12:15 AM
The way things are supposed to be (ha ha!), you probably should have already been notified. In reality, however, MPFs are way behind and haven't sent out the notifications in a timely manner to senior raters, who are supposed to formally notify members.

imported_chipotleboy
02-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Folks, "gouge" is aircrew speak for a "rough estimate". It's not a misspelling of "gauge".

Sometimes, aircrew can be cute when they murder the English language.

giggawatt
02-07-2014, 05:21 AM
silly aircrew.

Absinthe Anecdote
02-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Folks, "gouge" is aircrew speak for a "rough estimate". It's not a misspelling of "gauge".

Sometimes, aircrew can be cute when they murder the English language.

Is "cute" aircrew speak for obnoxious?

For example:

When the Maverick character in Top Gun acknowledged, "Yes, I am dangerous," I thought it was so cute that I wanted to gouge his eyes out.

Of course, I am using the word "gouge" in the traditional sense, and not implying that I want a "rough estimate" of Maverick's eyes.

imported_chipotleboy
02-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Is "cute" aircrew speak for obnoxious?

For example:

When the Maverick character in Top Gun acknowledged, "Yes, I am dangerous," I thought it was so cute that I wanted to gouge his eyes out.

Of course, I am using the word "gouge" in the traditional sense, and not implying that I want a "rough estimate" of Maverick's eyes.

That's a "shack"!

"Shack" being aircrew speak for "You are correct, sir!"