PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty applying for a FY14 Force Management Program

250SCP
01-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Hello everybody, I am wondering if anyone here is having difficulty applying for any of the force shaping programs that the AF has unveiled. I hope no one is in my boat, but I have been attempting to apply for TERA since the 14th of this month only to get the "10 BUSINESS days" stiff arm from AFPC. There are others who have gotten through the entire process and have applications sitting at AFPC pending approval/disapproval. I know nothing happens quickly in the Air Force, but telling someone they are eligible to apply and not letting them apply when the window opens is foul by my book. I am at 15 years TIS, msgt, 1A1. I am just curious to see if anyone else is getting held up. TERA or VSP, for no apparent reason. Thanks!

Dickie
01-27-2014, 12:57 PM
If you are geting the runaround and truely want to bow out, what about your CFM? or your MAJCOM functional?
IF you truely are having an issue hit them up, especially if you believe your chain can't help. They may be a bit busy dealing with the force shapping issues but they may be able to help. I have learned contant, never-ending phone calls and emails help when dealing with AFPC.

wxjumper
01-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Unless you were one of the early ones (like me who submitted 1 minute after midnight on the first day of eligibility), it is probably going to take them the full 10 days. I imagine they have a thousands of requests to go through, and each individual requests probably takes a person a good 15 - 30 min to go through all their records to make sure they are eligible. If they get more then expected, it may start taking them more then 10 days.

45ACP
01-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I put mine in 4AM eastern time and was number 645 according to AFPC. It took a week to get my eligibility check done and 24 hrs for my CC to approve...now waiting. I hope this helps.