PDA

View Full Version : Actual Numbers for Involuntary Programs

HeyEng
01-24-2014, 03:30 PM
myPers has released actual numbers of overages and eligibles for AFSC and grades.

Not sure if this was posted or not.

50% of T/MSgt Flight Engineers will have to go.

imported_KnuckleDragger
01-24-2014, 04:47 PM
How many is 50%?

SomeRandomGuy
01-24-2014, 04:53 PM
How many is 50%?

Half :thumb

imported_WILDJOKER5
01-24-2014, 05:13 PM
We had so many volunteer that My rank for my AFSC isnt going to the board. Eh, either way is good I guess. Time to hit that BS hard before next year.

imported_UncommonSense
01-24-2014, 05:21 PM
How many is 50%?

https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/26908

hugomk
01-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Rank Overage/Eligible

SSgt 60/263
TSgt 102/208
MSgt 41/96

imported_DannyJ
01-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Supply is looking bad too:

SSgt: 4.2% 51/1190 (this isn't that bad)
TSgt: 51.9% 318/612
MSgt: 51.1% 121/237

Not nearly as bad as our SF brothers. Bonkers.

imported_DannyJ
01-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Supply is looking bad too:

SSgt: 4.2% 51/1190 (this isn't that bad)
TSgt: 51.9% 318/612
MSgt: 51.1% 121/237

Not nearly as bad as our SF brothers. Bonkers.

https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/26908 Enlisted involuntary Matrix

ihatenonners
01-24-2014, 06:33 PM
...as we start to execute the volunteer programs, the overage and eligible involuntary program numbers will reduce accordingly. As a result, we anticipate AFSCs and grades or year groups to drop out of consideration for involuntary programs, as Airmen elect to leave our Air Force voluntarily

Guess we'll see if the rumors of massive voluntary sep requests is true.

Mcjohn1118
01-24-2014, 11:07 PM
I didn't look up the break out for our career field but here is a message from our Top-Cop, BG Jamerson. We are headed to 90% manning. We had this before in the mid-90s.
"Defenders, tough day across the Air Force as the manpower reduction numbers were released. As the largest enlisted career field, we expected a big number--4000 is what it turned out to be, along with 130 expected company grade and field grade officer reductions. To be candid, that number could rise to 5000 based on the expected quality force reduction process. These cuts are based on several factors, all ultimately driven by the AF's need to pay its sequestration bill and pay for new and recapitalized weapons systems. I'm concerned for two reasons: first this means many of you will not be able to serve much longer, and it means a significant change in the way we protect our people and AF assets. The Chief and I will be on-line soon to tell you what this means for Security Forces. What I recommend you do if you are affected or you are a supervisor is to get smart quickly on the force shaping program that affects you so you can make an informed decision on continued service. These will be stressful times and there is not much I can say that will make any of this better. I simply asked that every serving Defender remain professional and committed to what we signed up for. Thanks all and we will share information as soon as we have it."

imported_AFKILO7
01-31-2014, 01:39 AM
I didn't look up the break out for our career field but here is a message from our Top-Cop, BG Jamerson. We are headed to 90% manning. We had this before in the mid-90s.
"Defenders, tough day across the Air Force as the manpower reduction numbers were released. As the largest enlisted career field, we expected a big number--4000 is what it turned out to be, along with 130 expected company grade and field grade officer reductions. To be candid, that number could rise to 5000 based on the expected quality force reduction process. These cuts are based on several factors, all ultimately driven by the AF's need to pay its sequestration bill and pay for new and recapitalized weapons systems. I'm concerned for two reasons: first this means many of you will not be able to serve much longer, and it means a significant change in the way we protect our people and AF assets. The Chief and I will be on-line soon to tell you what this means for Security Forces. What I recommend you do if you are affected or you are a supervisor is to get smart quickly on the force shaping program that affects you so you can make an informed decision on continued service. These will be stressful times and there is not much I can say that will make any of this better. I simply asked that every serving Defender remain professional and committed to what we signed up for. Thanks all and we will share information as soon as we have it."

So my leadership has been calling people in left and right and actually conducting group sitdowns with the Tech's and Staff's. Well I hadn't heard anything and I've been swamped with UCI prep so I went in and spoke to the Chief. I flat out asked what was going on and surprisingly my Chief was extremely candid...to a point. He did tell me that I have been identified as eligible to meet the board and that he and the Commander were going to wait until after our UCI next week to sit down with those of us that could be affected. Awesome.

imported_KnuckleDragger
01-31-2014, 04:49 AM
So my leadership has been calling people in left and right and actually conducting group sitdowns with the Tech's and Staff's. Well I hadn't heard anything and I've been swamped with UCI prep so I went in and spoke to the Chief. I flat out asked what was going on and surprisingly my Chief was extremely candid...to a point. He did tell me that I have been identified as eligible to meet the board and that he and the Commander were going to wait until after our UCI next week to sit down with those of us that could be affected. Awesome.

Did you get an email?

imported_AFKILO7
01-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Did you get an email?

Back in December I got an email telling me that I was eligible for TERA. Nothing since.

wxjumper
01-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Back in December I got an email telling me that I was eligible for TERA. Nothing since.
Pretty much matches what I've gotten. Just that initial email.