PDA

View Full Version : VSP, ERB question

Shaken1976
01-22-2014, 03:15 PM
I have a female airman in my area who has a negative indicator and is on the vulnerable list. However...she is 3 months pregnant with a high risk pregnancy. So...how would all that work? Will she be able to stay in until she delivers if selected to separate invol? Or will they go ahead and put her out and she will retain health benefits until after the baby is delieverd?

imported_DannyJ
01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
I have a female airman in my area who has a negative indicator and is on the vulnerable list. However...she is 3 months pregnant with a high risk pregnancy. So...how would all that work? Will she be able to stay in until she delivers if selected to separate invol? Or will they go ahead and put her out and she will retain health benefits until after the baby is delieverd?

If they do put her out (which I'd be willing to guess most folks on the list will be), I'd bet my bottom dollar she'd be covered for the baby since it's a "condition" (don't overread that please) that occured while still in service.

Shaken1976
01-22-2014, 03:36 PM
If they do put her out (which I'd be willing to guess most folks on the list will be), I'd bet my bottom dollar she'd be covered for the baby since it's a "condition" (don't overread that please) that occured while still in service.

That is what I was thinking. She submitted a question via MyPers. But they take forever to answer. She is currently freaking out about having no medical coverage.

SomeRandomGuy
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM

If she is voluntarily or involuntarily seperated she should get 6 months of tricare for free the same as everyone else who is getting DOS rollback or similar. I have seen pregnant women seperate before and even if they were not eligible for the free 6 months based on their seperation code they were still covered during their pregnancy. If your Airmen doesn't find a job right away after getting out Medicaid will also cover her and the baby. Medicaid isn't a whole lot different than Tricare in regards to coverage and neither have a co-pay for well baby visits.