PDA

View Full Version : What Going on at Offutt?

eman_osan
01-17-2014, 12:54 AM
The Command Chief has been reliefed. http://www.stripes.com/news/us/55th-wing-command-chief-is-relieved-of-duty-1.262512 :no:

waveshaper2
01-17-2014, 01:10 AM
Not just Offutt; CMSGT busted to E-4 at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140116/NEWS06/301160023/3-airmen-convicted-sex-offenses-Dec

Gonzo432
01-17-2014, 01:39 AM
The Command Chief has been reliefed. http://www.stripes.com/news/us/55th-wing-command-chief-is-relieved-of-duty-1.262512 :no:

Sounds like the standard "lost confidence in ability to lead...". CCM goes to "non-supervisory position outside 55WG" is the E equivalent to "special assistant to the commander" for an O. He'll retire quietly in 180 days.

fufu
01-17-2014, 01:46 AM
PT failure?

RetC141BFCC
01-17-2014, 04:43 PM
anybody else notice he has a Bronze Star Medal with Valor device
They don't give those away for showing up

imported_DannyJ
01-17-2014, 04:57 PM
I blame it on the all civilian LRS.

Giant Voice
01-17-2014, 06:22 PM
He probably disagreed with the Wg CC on "key(insert eye roll)" issues.

BRUWIN
01-17-2014, 06:31 PM
anybody else notice he has a Bronze Star Medal with Valor device
They don't give those away for showing up

Which is weird because I don't see any deployment ribbons that would line up with it

raustin0017
01-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Violated one of the Core Values....is my guess.
Not a crime...but the CC lost faith in his ability to accomplish the mission.

BISSBOSS
01-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Weird as it seems; they went out of their way to stress that he wasn't under criminal investigation and that it was administrative...

As for the Bronze Star with Valor - He DOES have a classified assignment listed.

My guess - PT.

-BB-

CYBERFX1024
01-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Which is weird because I don't see any deployment ribbons that would line up with it

4. August - November 1993, Independent Duty Medical Technician (Deployed) Operation RESTORE HOPE, Mogadishu, Somalia
5. 1993 - 1999, Various positions culminating as Chief, Medical Operations, Data Masked, Classified
6. 1999 - 2002, Superintendent, Medical Support, Data Masked, Classified

That's from his bio page. So it might be one of the classified ones.

BENDER56
01-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Not just Offutt; CMSGT busted to E-4 at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140116/NEWS06/301160023/3-airmen-convicted-sex-offenses-Dec

From the article: "The highest- ranking among them, a chief master sergeant, was busted five ranks but allowed to stay in the Air Force," and, "Chief Master Sgt. Frederick Thomas of Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, sentenced Dec. 14 to forfeiture of $1,202 for two months, reduction to E-4 and ..."

So unless this guy made Chief in seven years TIS, how can he remain in the AF when HYT for SrA is now eight years?

Measure Man
01-17-2014, 08:05 PM
So unless this guy made Chief in seven years TIS, how can he remain in the AF when HYT for SrA is now eight years?

I knew a guy who was busted to SrA, he was given 1 opportunity to make SSgt before being put out under HYT.

He didn't make it and was then separated.

My guess is he'll be in just long enough to retire as a SrA...and pay his fine.

Gonzo432
01-17-2014, 08:49 PM
I blame it on the all civilian LRS.

Wasn't Offutt LRS A-76'd years ago?

Measure Man
01-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Definitely not a good time to be accused of anything sexually related.

Not that there is ever a good time...but doesn't seem you stand much of a chance these days

youngsmsgt
01-18-2014, 01:26 AM
Offutt is a joke...WG/CC had a IG Inspector removed during their last inspection because a section was failing and about to tank his rating, NAF/CC improperly influenced the IG because said WG/CC was one of his boys...all of this happened with the CCM sitting and twiddling his thumbs...he never once said these are bs allegations to the CC only to another Chief. He got what he deserved for letting that wing cover up incompetence and FWA because the same flight that complained of unprofessionalism on the part of the Inspector for joking around and trying to ease the tension of a crappy flight wrecked two four wheeler during off duty activities and the SQ/CC has yet to do anything about it. For all we know he may have finally stood up to the incompetent we have to move every two years Officer because we might have to actually be held accountable O-6. Oh well either way karma is a mother!

ChiefB
01-18-2014, 05:29 AM
4. August - November 1993, Independent Duty Medical Technician (Deployed) Operation RESTORE HOPE, Mogadishu, Somalia
5. 1993 - 1999, Various positions culminating as Chief, Medical Operations, Data Masked, Classified
6. 1999 - 2002, Superintendent, Medical Support, Data Masked, Classified

That's from his bio page. So it might be one of the classified ones.

I'm betting he got it during medical support activities during the "Black Hawk Down" incident on Oct 3, '93.

This is so lame.."he was no longer able to effectively perform his duties", "Because there were no criminal charges, Hansen said he was not at liberty to provide further information about the reason for his reassignment, or any actions taken against Thomaston..".

It, the statement, more or less casts aspersions on the Chief, read throughout the military community, and leaves him hanging out there with no explanation. His record certainly depicts him as a quality airman but his "relief from duties" will result in a cloud of speculation hanging over him forever.

Airborne
01-18-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm betting he got it during medical support activities during the "Black Hawk Down" incident on Oct 3, '93.

This is so lame.."he was no longer able to effectively perform his duties", "Because there were no criminal charges, Hansen said he was not at liberty to provide further information about the reason for his reassignment, or any actions taken against Thomaston..".

It, the statement, more or less casts aspersions on the Chief, read throughout the military community, and leaves him hanging out there with no explanation. His record certainly depicts him as a quality airman but his "relief from duties" will result in a cloud of speculation hanging over him forever.

If by forever you mean "the minute he retires and walks out of the front gate" then yes. Otherwise no one will give two shits about the last 6 months of his service in civilian land.

J.D.C.
01-19-2014, 01:47 AM
Well according to what was on the AFT it might be from the spousal abuse....