PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been tagged by the Quality Force Review Board yet?

guessthatsit
01-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Notices where suppose to go out on the 6th according to the PSDM, but its almost the 8th now. I was certain I would get tagged, as I got a sweet little Article 15 six months ago for a bar fight and a referral 4 EPR. I did get hit up for the Enlisted Retention Board, but I didnt think that would matter.

crwchf16
01-08-2014, 10:38 AM
One of my troops deployed with me says he was notified by his shirt back home that he is on the QFRB list but hehasn't recieved anything since. How were these notifications supposed to be sent out? Wasn't is supposed to be email?

KMD86
01-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Notices where suppose to go out on the 6th according to the PSDM, but its almost the 8th now. I was certain I would get tagged, as I got a sweet little Article 15 six months ago for a bar fight and a referral 4 EPR. I did get hit up for the Enlisted Retention Board, but I didnt think that would matter.

i'm trying to figure this enlisted retention board out. how exactly were you notified you'll be meeting the board? did your CC tell you or did you get some notification. i've gotten some pretty generic emails but haven't gotten anything that says "hey guess what your meeting the board in june".

imported_WILDJOKER5
01-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Only email I have recieved was from myPers. Not sure if this is the notification or not, but I am pretty sure I will meet the board sooner or later.

Current budgetary restrictions have prompted the Air Force to implement a multitude of Force Management initiatives. On 13 Dec 13, the Air Force announced additional FY14 voluntary force management programs. On 16 Jun 14, the Air Force will convene an Enlisted Retention Board to determine which Senior Airmen through Technical Sergeants in overage AFSCs will be retained and which will be required to separate or, if eligible, retire early.

You are receiving this message because our records indicate that you MAY be eligible to receive Voluntary Separation Pay when applying for separation in lieu of meeting the board. If you have 15 or more but less than 20 years of service, you MAY be eligible to apply for retirement under the Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) in lieu of meeting the board.

We highly recommend you review the information at the link below. The announcement, information on each Force Management program, eligibility criteria, and a chart showing impacted AFSCs can be found at myPers.

technomage1
01-08-2014, 02:49 PM
My squadron CC met with each affected person individually, which I thought was a nice touch. They also got notified via email from the squadron.

I'm not affected since my grade/AFSC is manned at 72% and has been around that level for years, but I supervise a guy who is.

imported_DannyJ
01-08-2014, 04:35 PM
My squadron CC met with each affected person individually, which I thought was a nice touch. They also got notified via email from the squadron.

I'm not affected since my grade/AFSC is manned at 72% and has been around that level for years, but I supervise a guy who is.

Would be nice if my unit would follow suit. Sooooo much uncertainty here.

raider8169
01-08-2014, 05:47 PM
I know of one person affected and that is not even at my base. Seems like with 25k worth of cuts there would be more targeted.

imported_WILDJOKER5
01-08-2014, 05:52 PM
I know of one person affected and that is not even at my base. Seems like with 25k worth of cuts there would be more targeted.

5k for 5 years.

J.D.C.
01-08-2014, 06:27 PM
I am safe right now even though my AFSC is 149% manned for MSgt's because the SNCO board is only looking at those over 20 and I have 5 more years till then. If I was still a Tech, I would be up for the Retention Board. I have a few that have recieved emails about the voluntary programs and one that for sure got an email about the QFIB. It was briefed yesterday that 550 people in the group (MSG) were id'd to meet one either the QFIB or Retention Board. that is about a 1/4 of the group, Even if they take 30% of that that is still approx a Sq worth of people.

guessthatsit
01-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Got my notification in my email. It goes:

SSgt Guessthatsit,

Current budgetary restrictions have prompted the Air Force to implement a multitude of Force Management initiatives. On 13 December 2013, the Air Force announced an additional FY14 voluntary force management program, Quality Force Review Board (QFRB), establishing a board process to evaluate the continued service of those members with certain quality force indicators in their personnel records. You are receiving this message because our records indicate that you will be meeting the QFRB.

If you previously received notification that you are meeting the Enlisted Retention Board (ERB), please disregard that notification. Due to the quality indicator(s) shown in the Military Personnel Data System (MilPDS), your record will only meet the QFRB.

You may be eligible to apply for separation, retirement, or early retirement under the Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) in lieu of meeting the QFRB. Please review the Personnel Services Delivery Memorandum (PSDM 13-125) on the Quality Force Review Board.

The link to the announcement and the corresponding eligibility criteria can be found at myPers

This is actually a welcomed weight off my shoulders because now I know exactly when I will be booted and I have 9 months to prepare.

technomage1
01-09-2014, 09:53 AM
5k for 5 years.

At my medium/large base we have something like 200 or so eligible for one of the multiple voluntary programs. I think we have something like 6 people who the quality force indicators will get for one reason or another.

HeyEng
01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Here's the deal...the AF has changed the requirements for the board. The "negative indicators" have been removed from the PDSM in it's entirety. The only folks who WON'T meet the board are those that were promoted since Jan 1 2013 and those that have line numbers. Exemptions for those in "sanctuary" (18-20 years TIS), and AFSCs that aren't in overages. They also changed the name of it...it is simply the "enlisted retention board". They are also requiring the Senior rater to strat all individuals according to AFSC and then again within your grade. I would suggest that you review the PDSM 13-129 for all the details.

It should be noted that the dates/details in the news release on the portal DO NOT match what the PDSM says. Big Blue is awesome!!! Not.

PburghNo1
01-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Here's the deal...the AF has changed the requirements for the board. The "negative indicators" have been removed from the PDSM in it's entirety. The only folks who WON'T meet the board are those that were promoted since Jan 1 2013 and those that have line numbers. Exemptions for those in "sanctuary" (18-20 years TIS), and AFSCs that aren't in overages. They also changed the name of it...it is simply the "enlisted retention board". They are also requiring the Senior rater to strat all individuals according to AFSC and then again within your grade. I would suggest that you review the PDSM 13-129 for all the details.

It should be noted that the dates/details in the news release on the portal DO NOT match what the PDSM says. Big Blue is awesome!!! Not.

I think you're confused. There's always been two separate boards for enlisted:

- Quality Force Review Board, PSDM 13-125, dated 19 Dec 13, amended 27 Dec 13 (amendment didn't change anything unless you've got a QFI)
- Enlisted Retention Board, PSDM 13-129, dated 23 Dec 13, amended 3 Jan 14 (amendment didn't change anything except reflect that you can't meet both boards)

imported_KnuckleDragger
01-10-2014, 10:21 PM

You need to spend some serious time on MyPers. It is very confusing, but not as bad as you claimed.

HeyEng
01-14-2014, 02:00 AM
I think you're confused. There's always been two separate boards for enlisted:

- Quality Force Review Board, PSDM 13-125, dated 19 Dec 13, amended 27 Dec 13 (amendment didn't change anything unless you've got a QFI)
- Enlisted Retention Board, PSDM 13-129, dated 23 Dec 13, amended 3 Jan 14 (amendment didn't change anything except reflect that you can't meet both boards)

That is a true statement. I think the links that were sent out by my 0-6 only had the 13-125, so that was my bad. Once I went onto the myPers site, I came across the other PSDM. Funny to think that I was one of the first non-personalist to come across PSDMs...they help a lot of my troops our of pickles when the MPF couldn't figure things out.

J.D.C.
01-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Always read the source documents..never trust secondhand info!