12-27-2013, 09:58 AM
I heard nothing.

technomage1
12-27-2013, 10:31 AM
I know nothingik...

Gonzo432
12-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I know nothingik...

Sgt Schultz? I thought you were in the Luftwaffe.

BOSS302
12-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Any SNCOs notified yet that they'll be facing a retention board?:Flush:

Is this an official notice or a "I heard it at the pancake breakfast from MSgt Juicylover" notice?

J.D.C.
12-27-2013, 01:39 PM
nada here, but I have been on leave so if it is a person to person notification, maybe on monday.

KMD86
12-27-2013, 01:51 PM
in the PSDM for enlisted retention boards it said members SrA-TSgt and MSgt-SMSgt would be notified approximately by the 27th of December 2013. It also said your local MPS should have the list of eligibles by the 23rd of December on the secured COP.

so yes this is legit.

KMD86
12-27-2013, 01:54 PM
in the PSDM for enlisted retention boards it said members SrA-TSgt and MSgt-SMSgt would be notified approximately by the 27th of December 2013. It also said your local MPS should have the list of eligibles by the 23rd of December on the secured COP.

so yes this is legit.

via direct email from the MPS.

BUDJR8
12-27-2013, 03:08 PM
I haven't recieved anything yet, but I'm in an overage AFSC.

KMD86
12-27-2013, 05:15 PM
just got this. i'm a SSgt in supply.

Current budgetary restrictions have prompted the Air Force to implement a multitude of Force Management initiatives. On 13 Dec 13, the Air Force announced additional FY14 voluntary force management programs. On 16 Jun 14, the Air Force will convene an Enlisted Retention Board to determine which Senior Airmen through Technical Sergeants in overage AFSCs will be retained and which will be required to separate or, if eligible, retire early.

You are receiving this message because our records indicate that you MAY be eligible to receive Voluntary Separation Pay when applying for separation in lieu of meeting the board. If you have 15 or more but less than 20 years of service, you MAY be eligible to apply for retirement under the Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) in lieu of meeting the board.

this is confusion though... the PSDM says that the MPS will on 24 dec recieve a list of eligible Airmen via the secured COP and send an informational copy of the list to the appropriate commanders. then on 27 dec 2013 retention board eligible Airmen notified by AFPC through personal email throught he virtual MPF... so is this my notification or just a gee wiz email... if so what's the list the MPS sends to your commander? that hey all your SrA-SMSgt are going to meet a board in June? makes no sense to me.

imported_Shove_your_stupid_meeting
12-27-2013, 05:46 PM
just got this. i'm a SSgt in supply.

Current budgetary restrictions have prompted the Air Force to implement a multitude of Force Management initiatives. On 13 Dec 13, the Air Force announced additional FY14 voluntary force management programs. On 16 Jun 14, the Air Force will convene an Enlisted Retention Board to determine which Senior Airmen through Technical Sergeants in overage AFSCs will be retained and which will be required to separate or, if eligible, retire early.

You are receiving this message because our records indicate that you MAY be eligible to receive Voluntary Separation Pay when applying for separation in lieu of meeting the board. If you have 15 or more but less than 20 years of service, you MAY be eligible to apply for retirement under the Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) in lieu of meeting the board.

this is confusion though... the PSDM says that the MPS will on 24 dec recieve a list of eligible Airmen via the secured COP and send an informational copy of the list to the appropriate commanders. then on 27 dec 2013 retention board eligible Airmen notified by AFPC through personal email throught he virtual MPF... so is this my notification or just a gee wiz email... if so what's the list the MPS sends to your commander? that hey all your SrA-SMSgt are going to meet a board in June? makes no sense to me.

It would be nice to know what criteria will apply to the Enlisted Retention Boards now, so folks would have a better idea if they seriously need to gear-up for a new job.

KMD86
12-27-2013, 05:58 PM
It would be nice to know what criteria will apply to the Enlisted Retention Boards now, so folks would have a better idea if they seriously need to gear-up for a new job.

right. even the PSDM on it is pretty lack for details. pretty much your commander is going to be filling out a ERRF (enlisted retention recommendation form) that gets forwarded back to AFPC right before the board meets. he'll select "retain" "consider" or "do not retain"... but what i would like to know is how do you know if you're meeting this damn board!!! if you're in an over manned career field and in your grade should you just assume you'll be boarded?

Big Blue
01-03-2014, 10:29 PM
My career field is in an overage for my rank and while I haven't recieved any email, apparently I am on a list the CC has.