PDA

View Full Version : Is there a process to posting new threads?

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Why did my new thread not get posted right away this time?

Cerberus
12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
No threads are awaiting moderation. To which are you referring?

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Ok, think it was my comp having issues. It worked this time.

Capt Alfredo
01-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Do all new threads require moderation before they're posted? I haven't started a thread in a while, but I'm trying to and it's not showing up. Cerberus

Cerberus
01-18-2014, 03:41 PM
No, they shouldn't Cap Alfredo. What's the name of the thread, I can approve it.

Capt Alfredo
01-18-2014, 03:44 PM
36-2903 update, something like that. In the Air Force forum. Not sure why it's not coming up. Submitted twice.

Capt Alfredo
01-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Here's what I was trying to post. Maybe you can just move it over there...

They actually got rid of the restriction on black socks and "faddish" shoe colors. Amazing. Surprised no one posted this yet.

SUMMARY OF CHANGES
This interim change revises AFI 36-2903 by updating the verbiage in various paragraphs to
incorporate AF/A1 uniform wear policy decisions. Changes eliminated athletic shoe color
restrictions; authorized black socks with athletic shoes; authorized certain Air Force and other
services’ qualification badges and the Command Insignia pin to be worn on ABUs and Friday
morale undershirts for ABUs and flight suits and morale patches for flight suits; eliminated color
restriction of handheld electronic devices not worn on the uniform or attached to the purse;
deleted the exception for black boots to be worn in industrial environments pending development
of stain-resistant boots; deleted the requirement for reflective belts with the PT uniform
(commander’s discretion remains) added the definition of qualification badges and an attachment
with examples of qualification badges; added back the maternity modifications for outer
garments; and made minor administrative corrections and added clarity as appropriate.

Cerberus
01-18-2014, 03:53 PM
I can't see the thread at all, which shouldn't be the case. Something more is going on than just going into moderation, I'll have to contact the forum admin to see if it can be corrected.

Capt Alfredo
01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Obviously I can post on open threads, but after I push the button to submit new thread, it takes me to the "activity stream" page.

Big Blue
01-18-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm still in restricted status..how many posts are required before you can start a thread, invite friends, etc. Also, how do you click like/dislike on a post. Thanks all!

garhkal
01-18-2014, 08:20 PM
I tried posting a thread wednesday, and have twice PM'ed a mod about it and still i see nothing.. So something is hinky.

garhkal
01-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Strange. I was successfully able to make a new thread on the baby/restaurant issue, but when i tried to redo wednesday's thread on the Texas issue, once again i was 'redirected to the activity stream page...

Capt Alfredo
01-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Maybe a problem with Chrome vs Safari. I had the "activity stream" problem with Chrome, logged into Safari, and was able to post. Cerberus @forumadmin

LogDog
01-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Are you including a link in your original post? If so, then that's probably the cause of the problem. I know when I post something with a link it awaits review by a moderator. To get around that, do not include the link in your post. Go ahead and click "Submit" and when the post appears on your screen then click "Edit," include the link, and then hit "Submit."

garhkal
01-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Nope. I learned that trick a while back. So i had no links in any of those 3 threads.

Capt Alfredo
01-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Are you including a link in your original post? If so, then that's probably the cause of the problem. I know when I post something with a link it awaits review by a moderator. To get around that, do not include the link in your post. Go ahead and click "Submit" and when the post appears on your screen then click "Edit," include the link, and then hit "Submit."

No links

AlexCross
01-22-2014, 02:48 PM
We have had some hiccups in the system this week. They are being worked. That included PMs. Has your post shown up yet? I was having the same issue.

garhkal
01-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Not that i can see. Just the 2 that did make it through (EBT and baby ones)

TSgt"M"
01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Having the same problem. Post shows up on the AF Times front page "From our Forums" but not here.

Capt Alfredo
01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Also having problems sending PMs via Chrome.

garhkal
02-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Still seeing these issues with posting new threads (and trying to send a PM to Juggs).. Tried posting a new thread this afternoon on that Utah school lunch issue, and got taken (after i hit submit post) right to the 'active stream' page.

Interceptor
02-01-2014, 04:58 AM
Still seeing these issues with posting new threads (and trying to send a PM to Juggs).. Tried posting a new thread this afternoon on that Utah school lunch issue, and got taken (after i hit submit post) right to the 'active stream' page.

We are currently experiencing some issues with PM's. As far as having issues creating new threads this is new to me. If anyone else is experiencing issues of this kind please let us know. Bourne

garhkal
02-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Bourne?? Is that supposed to be an email addy?

Mjölnir
02-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Bourne?? Is that supposed to be an email addy?

It is the Forum Administrator.

garhkal
02-02-2014, 02:41 PM
So what's the rest? Hotmail.. Gmail? Yahoo?

sandsjames
02-02-2014, 02:45 PM
So what's the rest? Hotmail.. Gmail? Yahoo?

Can't be Hotmail...that is unprofessional. At least that's what we were briefed during TAP. We're told that the word "hot" makes it sound sexual. I guess...though the word yahoo might make them think I'm a hoodlum and "G"mail might make them think I'm a gangsta...so I guess we're screwed all the way around.

Mjölnir
02-02-2014, 06:32 PM
It is just a way of mentioning someone and the bulletin board will notify them that they have been mentioned. Like so:
sandsjames garhkal

garhkal
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Ah so this site has a bullitin board. Got it.

garhkal
02-13-2014, 07:16 PM
WEll, tried to post a new 'visitor message to his profile and just like with making new threads, i get taken to the 'activity stream' page. Something is seriously going on here. I can make replies no problems but new threads or PMs, and i get booted to the activity stream when i click on the submit button. Bourne.

Its getting so annoying i am honestly thinking of just stopping even coming here.

Bourne
02-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Sorry, Garhkal and others having issues.

As you know we've had security issues with our site. We've locked down activity that could be exploited, and in some cases, that lock-down affects posting here - as you interact directly with our servers when you do things like post, reply, send messages, etc.

I'm working on a fix now.

Best, and thanks again for your patience.

garhkal
02-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Is there a chance you could list whom is affected by that?

Capt Alfredo
03-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Back to not being able to post new threads again. Anytime I try, it takes me to the "activity" page again. This is in both Chrome and Safari. Bourne

Bourne
03-05-2014, 07:50 PM
I feel your pain. I cannot even manage the site properly with this security measure in place. I have asked our webhost to loosen the security and was told a firm "no." I am however, in the process of moving the forum to a new host, so if you bear with me. I hope to have the site working at 100% shortly.

garhkal
03-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Seems that during the whole "404, page not found" Frackas of the past 3-4 days i WAS able to make a new thread (YAY).. here is hoping it stays that way.

Capt Alfredo
03-05-2014, 08:12 PM
I was able to post one then, too, Garhkal. But not now.

Big Blue
03-06-2014, 02:44 AM
I feel your pain. I cannot even manage the site properly with this security measure in place. I have asked our webhost to loosen the security and was told a firm "no." I am however, in the process of moving the forum to a new host, so if you bear with me. I hope to have the site working at 100% shortly.

I'm trying to find out my status on being able to create new posts, etc. I never heard back on my questions on page 1 of this thread. I'm still showing restricted status after 80+ posts. I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks

Absinthe Anecdote
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
It looks like the thread starter function has been disabled. Any news?