PDA

View Full Version : Force management truth or rumor?

KMD86
12-18-2013, 05:00 PM
I heard a rumor last night that the enlisted board coming next year will consist of people getting 10yrs worth of EPR's pulled and looked at. If you've EVER had a referral EPR, been on a control roster/UIF or have had any other quality force indicators you are the first to go and will exit the Air Force in January 2015. I fear alot of people that have made that 1 mistake in the AF and since recovered from it are going to get the shaft if this is true. Say 7 years ago you had a PT failure and recieved a referral EPR and have passed every test ever since and have gotten 5's on your EPR's since, are you still going to get the AX or is there going to be some discretion involved here? 10yrs is a long time a records....

has anybody else heard of this? i'm still waiting on details to see what the enlisted board will be looking at. 10yrs seems like to much to me.

jpeters
12-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I haven’t heard anything like that, but I have heard that they are looking at everyone. But I think as they start the new programs they are supposed to send word on what they are looking at in each program. Our Chief briefed us that in the past CCs were allowed to “save” people but as of right now that is not an option with these programs.

ffdan
12-18-2013, 05:36 PM
You're both correct to an extent. These will run very similar to promotion boards but it'll be the opposite of looking for the positive. And correct, CCs will have no discretion and/or input to influence these boards. They had their chance when they signed off on the EPRs. Each AFSC will be represented and even though the majority of people have been rated 5s for the longest time, the bullets will still be able to tell some of a person's story. The best thing people can do right now would be to check their records (hints on this have already been given to do this) and put all of their stuff into a make-shift package. Take that package and seek advice from your SEL. Do this as a shop, unit, or whatever. You're going to get racked and stacked anyways so why not find out where you stand sooner so you can start preparing yourself and your family for the future. Hell, seek the advice from an officer that has gone through this the past few years.

DWWSWWD
12-18-2013, 05:37 PM
You are correct.... at least as far as the process for the CMSgts. 10 years of EPRs will be considered. I'd be very surprised if anything other than a relatively current EPR will be a factor. To your example, MSgt DW has a referral from 8 years ago. Is it a very big deal given that he was promoted to Chief? Obviously, he recovered. I can't speak to the E-7/8 boards but I would have to guess that the same thought process would apply unless they've been that rank for whole period and have been a turd for the whole time. Commanders still will have a say though I don't think it will be a guaranteed save. They'll have 5 lines to say why this Airman should stay in the Air Force. Again, I have not seen the E-7/8 ROEs but they probably will be similar.

sandsjames
12-18-2013, 06:48 PM
If you've ever had a 4 (or lower) EPR or scored an 89 or lower on your PT test you will be forced out as you just aren't competitive with the true AF leaders. And that's how it should be.

Filterbing
12-18-2013, 08:00 PM
It sucks but truth is somebody is going to have to go. A blemish is a blemish, recovered from or not. the hunger games have arrived

BOSS302
12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
I heard a rumor last night that the enlisted board coming next year will consist of people getting 10yrs worth of EPR's pulled and looked at. If you've EVER had a referral EPR, been on a control roster/UIF or have had any other quality force indicators you are the first to go and will exit the Air Force in January 2015. I fear alot of people that have made that 1 mistake in the AF and since recovered from it are going to get the shaft if this is true. Say 7 years ago you had a PT failure and recieved a referral EPR and have passed every test ever since and have gotten 5's on your EPR's since, are you still going to get the AX or is there going to be some discretion involved here? 10yrs is a long time a records....

has anybody else heard of this? i'm still waiting on details to see what the enlisted board will be looking at. 10yrs seems like to much to me.

Which burrito sale did you hear this at?

Sergeant eNYgma
12-19-2013, 08:42 PM
I'll find out shortly, they're doing briefings about this crap tomorrow and I've been signed up for one of them.

SgtS
12-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Not to fan the flames or anything, but that rumor is apparently going around.

I came into work this morning and learned that one of my NCOs had been told a similar thing and was freaking out about an old referral EPR from back when the individual was an A1C.

Now I am trying to find some hard facts about how the QFRB will be conducted and what specifically they will be looking for and considering since the briefing provided by the base was pure crap and lacked any real substance.

denmom
12-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Not to fan the flames or anything, but that rumor is apparently going around.

I came into work this morning and learned that one of my NCOs had been told a similar thing and was freaking out about an old referral EPR from back when the individual was an A1C.

Now I am trying to find some hard facts about how the QFRB will be conducted and what specifically they will be looking for and considering since the briefing provided by the base was pure crap and lacked any real substance.

Check out myPers for information. The CMSgt information is fully released and there is talk about if they have a 4 w/in the time period the board will be looking at they recommend they opt for retirement in phase 1.

raider8169
12-19-2013, 11:24 PM
I saw some slides today that have the criteria on them but anyone identified is going to be gone by 1Jan2015 at the latest. It is not pretty, those career fields that are overmanned are screwed. I guess training managers are 130% manned at Tech, that is a lot of people that are going to get the boot. Many that are being looked at are those that are in the retirement window for E-7 and up. A few of my guys are going to be affected by this.

Nothing of this is official but its coming...

RingLeader
12-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Why are many freaking out? I received at COB yesterday an email from the CSAF talking about "Dignity and Respect". And I state:

“Treating EVERY Airman with dignity and respect must be at the heart of who we are and how we operate. It isn’t a “tag” line; it’s the core of everything we stand for as a service. Everyone in our Air Force should feel respected. Everyone should feel valued. Every single person around you brings something to the fight that you don't. Each of them is critically important to mission success, and they deserve to be treated that way.”

Remember as you are being tossed out “Everyone in our Air Force should feel respected. Everyone should feel valued. “

So don’t worry as families and dreams are crushed it will be done with “Dignity and Respect”.

Should some of the fat and dead weight be “asked” to leave absolutely! I just find it “ironic” that I get this “memo” right before the “boom” is lowered on all of yes.

jerseyfla
12-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Anyone have any idea how they calculate Involuntary Separation Pay? I'm a Tech in an overmanned career field which has me and others worried.

wxjumper
12-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I'll find out shortly, they're doing briefings about this crap tomorrow and I've been signed up for one of them.
I went to one of these "briefings" at Hurlburt Field. It was nothing more then the personnel Commander reading off verbatim what is already posted on the force management site and was unable to answer any other questions because they knew as much about this as anybody else. Waste of time.

Sergeant eNYgma
12-20-2013, 04:13 PM
I went to one of these "briefings" at Hurlburt Field. It was nothing more then the personnel Commander reading off verbatim what is already posted on the force management site and was unable to answer any other questions because they knew as much about this as anybody else. Waste of time.

You're a Hurbie guy huh? I'm down the street at Eglin. Funny you mention it's a waste of time my good friend at Vandenburg went to one of these also and told me EXACTLY what you're telling me. They couldn't really answer any questions...so naturally he wondered why the hell are they there if their most basic questions can't be answered. Seems pretty stupid to me...

jpeters
12-20-2013, 04:17 PM
You're a Hurbie guy huh? I'm down the street at Eglin. Funny you mention it's a waste of time my good friend at Vandenburg went to one of these also and told me EXACTLY what you're telling me. They couldn't really answer any questions...so naturally he wondered why the hell are they there if their most basic questions can't be answered. Seems pretty stupid to me...

Yeah had the same crap. Wasted just about a whole afternoon for a commander's call so they could show us a slide show of everything that is out on myPers. They asked if anyone had any questions, of course there was a ton, and the answer to just about every questions was..."it's to early to tell, we are going to have to wait until the release more details." Awesome! Thanks for wasting my afternoon!

Sergeant eNYgma
12-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah had the same crap. Wasted just about a whole afternoon for a commander's call so they could show us a slide show of everything that is out on myPers. They asked if anyone had any questions, of course there was a ton, and the answer to just about every questions was..."it's to early to tell, we are going to have to wait until the release more details." Awesome! Thanks for wasting my afternoon!

Wonderful just frikkin wonderful...I went ahead and bought a Monster so I don't pass out in there...

grimreaper
12-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Ditto at Hickam. They don't know anything at this point. The answer to every question was "We don't know right now and have to wait for the PSDM to come out". And they did this for 4 separate briefings, waisting hundreds of people's time.

WeaponsTSGT
12-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Anyone have any idea how they calculate Involuntary Separation Pay? I'm a Tech in an overmanned career field which has me and others worried.

I believe it's base payx2xyears of service

rubit51
12-20-2013, 07:02 PM
According to the timeline on myPERS, all the “eligibles” will be notified in December. That doesn’t leave much time left in the month. This is going to make for a fun Xmas break being in a career field that is 145% manned at MSgt right now.

raider8169
12-20-2013, 07:45 PM
According to the timeline on myPERS, all the “eligibles” will be notified in December. That doesn’t leave much time left in the month. This is going to make for a fun Xmas break being in a career field that is 145% manned at MSgt right now.

Ive been wondering why all of this didnt wait until after the holidays. Unless they are trying to tell everyone now to bump up the suicide numbers before next year so it doesnt seem like the cuts caused a trend or anything. I know a lot of people here are worried about it.

Rainmaker
12-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Ive been wondering why all of this didnt wait until after the holidays. Unless they are trying to tell everyone now to bump up the suicide numbers before next year so it doesnt seem like the cuts caused a trend or anything. I know a lot of people here are worried about it.

It's called droppin a turd in the punchbowl. It's a DC thang. Nomsayin?

Sergeant eNYgma
12-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Ditto at Hickam. They don't know anything at this point. The answer to every question was "We don't know right now and have to wait for the PSDM to come out". And they did this for 4 separate briefings, waisting hundreds of people's time.

If half my flight wasn't there I would have just got up and walked out.....seriously....just left....

BOSS302
12-20-2013, 08:38 PM
There is a lot of misinformation out there. Also, there are some who simply do not know what the hell they are talking about. I had a former airman of mine panicking on Facebook because he was told that, since he had a "4" EPR in the past, he would probably be forced out. Not a referral or anything, just a "4".

That's obviously a load of crap but it was told to him by someone in a position of authority and trust who doesn't know WTF he is talking about.

Now personally I am getting fed-up with this misinformation and many hanging on every word spoken by "leadership" at the highest levels. What is up with all these slow "leaks" that consist of maybe/might/could/possibly/most likely? Figure the shit out and spit-out a definitive answer, a definitive plan.

From the White House to Congress, from the Pentagon to the Wing/CC, from Fortune 500 companies to Main Street USA...it seems like no one can give a straight answer, take responsibility, or get shit done these days.

Chief_KO
12-20-2013, 10:16 PM
From the White House to Congress, from the Pentagon to the Wing/CC, from Fortune 500 companies to Main Street USA...it seems like no one can give a straight answer, take responsibility, or get shit done these days.

Amen Brother! (oops hope that religious word does not get me put on a hiatus)

rubit51
12-21-2013, 02:05 AM
Theres a lot of new PSDMs just posted on myPERS.

wmx013
12-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Tried to post this last week but it got stuck in moderation-land.

Involuntary Separation Pay = (Base Pay) x 12 x (Years of Service) x 10%
Voluntary Separation Pay is a 25% bonus on top of the involuntary number.

Not providing a link but reference is 10 U.S.C. § 1174 and the VSP announcement from earlier this year.

BOSS302
12-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Tried to post this last week but it got stuck in moderation-land.

Involuntary Separation Pay = (Base Pay) x 12 x (Years of Service) x 10%
Voluntary Separation Pay is a 25% bonus on top of the involuntary number.

Not providing a link but reference is 10 U.S.C. § 1174 and the VSP announcement from earlier this year.

I'd walk away with $42K. Now my question is this and I think I know the answer but I'd like to know it from the more intelligent members on this forum: is that taxable? I'm assuming "Duh, yes..."

Chief_KO
12-23-2013, 03:10 PM
I would assume it is taxable since it is considered pay and not an allowance.

BOSS302
12-23-2013, 03:31 PM

That's what I figured.

imported_DannyJ
12-23-2013, 04:44 PM

Which is total crap. Here, you're losing your job. OOOOOH AND we're gonna tax that too. Just in case you didn't need that money. You know.

wmx013
12-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes it is taxed. I'd assume 30-35% and it gets taken off the top right away.

raider8169
12-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Which is total crap. Here, you're losing your job. OOOOOH AND we're gonna tax that too. Just in case you didn't need that money. You know.

Better volunteer for it than so the 25% jump covers the taxes.