PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Afghanistan

BRUWIN
12-10-2013, 04:43 AM
Yes...I am in Afghanistan. Why? Because I am. How long? Until I sort out this mess I had sorted out last time I was here when I was in uniform but you clowns screwed up again after I left. So guess what mo-fo's, I am back in business and I'm still carrying a gun...look the fuck out cause I tired of watching all you bozos screwing this up. I will win this thing single-handidly.

CYBERFX1024
12-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Where in Afghan are you? What company did you go with?

BOSS302
12-10-2013, 06:23 AM
What company did you go with?

AAFES.

technomage1
12-10-2013, 08:16 AM
AAFES.

Yeah, he's going to sell cigarettes and chewing tobacco to the Taliban and give them pogs as change. They'll be annoyed, which will shorten their life spans - then get cancer eventually and die.

Gonzo432
12-10-2013, 10:48 AM
As a GS-type or contractor? Glock or some issue piece of crap? Bagram or some FOB somewhere that GPS can't find? Are you REALLY there or are you appearing on a data-wall via the magic of the Internet? Sooo many questions, need answers!

imported_KnuckleDragger
12-10-2013, 10:01 PM
and then?

Golther
12-12-2013, 06:59 PM
He isn't in Afghanistan he is in Florida like his profile says. :P

raider8169
12-12-2013, 08:47 PM
So Tampastan?

BRUWIN
12-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I am hardly likely to give up my location in this forum. That intel is vital to the Taliban so I ain't giving it up. And no all you wise-asses, I am not working for AAFES. Seriously, I don't know why I bother coming halfway around the world to fix all your guys fuck-ups. And I carry a Barretta...with no magazines because my home station was to broke to give me magazines. So I only get one shot...it's all I need anyways.

TJMAC77SP
12-12-2013, 11:42 PM
I am hardly likely to give up my location in this forum. That intel is vital to the Taliban so I ain't giving it up. And no all you wise-asses, I am not working for AAFES. Seriously, I don't know why I bother coming halfway around the world to fix all your guys fuck-ups. And I carry a Barretta...with no magazines because my home station was to broke to give me magazines. So I only get one shot...it's all I need anyways.

A Barretta? Isn't that something you use in your hair?

BRUWIN
12-12-2013, 11:49 PM
A Barretta? Isn't that something you use in your hair?

Better than a glock....Baretta's look sexier. Which being a former AF member, is all I really care about. I really don't care if it shoots well.

TJMAC77SP
12-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Better than a glock....Baretta's look sexier. Which being a former AF member, is all I really care about. I really don't care if it shoots well.

(whispering).......Bru....it is called a Beretta

And, yes it does shoot well.

Stay well brother.

BRUWIN
12-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Where in Afghan are you? What company did you go with?

I am with the Army...like the other four other deployments I was on before I retired. People wonder why I am a cynical when it comes to the AF. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't be where I am today without the AF...but damn lets get some priorities. After working with the Army and Marines for awhile the AF just invites cynicism in it's ranks. Sending people out with no magazines for their weapon? Seriously? And it wasn't just me...the Airmen I was with too got nadda as well. I don't know why it bugs me....but it bugs me.

BRUWIN
12-13-2013, 12:55 AM
(whispering).......Bru....it is called a Beretta

And, yes it does shoot well.

Stay well brother.

HA...and I actually own a Beretta and I can't spell it, but I can spin that puppy on my finger like no tommorrow.

Gonzo432
12-13-2013, 02:33 AM

I'm not sure of your current status, but you must not be subject to drug testing if you're making a statement like Berettas being better than a Glock. Then again, if you don't care how it shoots, having no mags shouldn't be a big deal. It'll be maybe a half-pound lighter, or are you guys still going around with no mag in the weapon?

Single-shot pistols (a Beretta without a magazine is a single-shot) became obsolete when Sam Colt invented the revolver. Just sayin...

technomage1
12-13-2013, 03:07 AM
I partially pulled a commando deployment once because they had no fire resistant underwear available for me at the time I shipped out. I still like to talk about the time I was commando downrange.

Truthfully I couldn't stand not to wear undies so I used my regular, non-fire resistant clothing until the fire resistent stuff was shipped to me.

But yes, it drives me nuts the AF ships us out to do a Soldier or a Marine's job and doesn't adequately train or equip us for it. Plus, whatever happened to those services doing their own jobs?

Even on AF taskings they sometimes ship us out without the proper gear. I had a troop in Krgyzstan get medevaced out with pneumonia since his homestation didn't see fit to send him out with winter boots for a tasking that was over the winter. Also the clinic sent him home with a cold pack three times regardless of the fact you could hear his voice was thin and reedy (a sure sign of pneumonia & if you've heard it before you know what it is when you hear it again).

USMC0341
12-13-2013, 03:37 AM
HA...and I actually own a Beretta and I can't spell it, but I can spin that puppy on my finger like no tommorrow.

Guess it's a good thing there's no mag in it...

BRUWIN
12-13-2013, 03:56 AM
Guess it's a good thing there's no mag in it...

Hey Marine...you guys haven't done much to help win this thing over here either. In fact...I am gonna walk over to Leatherneck right now and tell those marines to pull their heads out of their asses and start killing some taliban.

BRUWIN
12-13-2013, 04:01 AM
I'm not sure of your current status, but you must not be subject to drug testing if you're making a statement like Berettas being better than a Glock. Single-shot pistols (a Beretta without a magazine is a single-shot) became obsolete when Sam Colt invented the revolver. Just sayin...

Berettas are way better...glocks are ugly. I have a mag now...in fact I have two since I have a 92FS at home and I went home and grabbed two on the way to the airport. And who are you are u anyway? Don't tell me glocks are better...they look like water pistols.

TJMAC77SP
12-13-2013, 04:02 AM

Practice your quick draw. The Army and Marines will love that (not to mention the locals).

BRUWIN
12-13-2013, 04:03 AM
Plus, whatever happened to those services doing their own jobs?

Ha...you tell me! To busy designing new camo patterns and uniforms back in the states so Airmen have to pick up the slack.

Gonzo432
12-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Berettas are way better...glocks are ugly. I have a mag now...in fact I have two since I have a 92FS at home and I went home and grabbed two on the way to the airport. And who are you are u anyway? Don't tell me glocks are better...they look like water pistols.

Yeah that must be why only 70% of US Law Enforcement carry Glocks, not the water gun thing, but it goes bang when the trigger is pulled. To quote Deputy US Marshall Sam Garrard, "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol."

On a serious note, I'm glad you don't have a single shot.

TJMAC77SP
12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah that must be why only 70% of US Law Enforcement carry Glocks, not the water gun thing, but it goes bang when the trigger is pulled. To quote Deputy US Marshall Sam Garrard, "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol."

I respect your opinion of the Glock, it's a fine weapon but the 70% thing is more economics than anything else. If it were purely because of function and reliability there are many more guns (including the Beretta) which would be fine choices. The hunt for the 'perfect' handgun has been going on forever.

Gonzo432
12-13-2013, 05:41 PM
I respect your opinion of the Glock, it's a fine weapon but the 70% thing is more economics than anything else. If it were purely because of function and reliability there are many more guns (including the Beretta) which would be fine choices. The hunt for the 'perfect' handgun has been going on forever.

Until they invent the Phaser like on Star Trek your hunt will continue. Weight/size/capacity/stopping-power/concealability/accuracy. My wife has the Taurus version of the Beretta Bearcat, so I can't speak too bad of them. I am partial to Glocks, when I carry its a G26. If ever ever need it my 1911 would be a better choice but if I knew I'd need it I'd just avoid that area.

MitchellJD1969
12-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Hey Marine...you guys haven't done much to help win this thing over here either. In fact...I am gonna walk over to Leatherneck right now and tell those marines to pull their heads out of their asses and start killing some taliban.

Don't you know the current ROE says that instead of killing the taliban...you gotta hug it out with them.

retiredAFcivvy
12-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Don't you know the current ROE says that instead of killing the taliban...you gotta hug it out with them.
Hey wait a minute! Why isn't he following the advice of the clown (per AF Cynic) with the handbag (that Doc B is wondering about) on how to defeat the taliban.

BRUWIN
12-14-2013, 01:10 AM

LOL...If you were here you'd probably wish I had none. I get by...but I'm not the greatest shot with a handgun

Gonzo432
12-14-2013, 02:25 PM
LOL...If you were here you'd probably wish I had none. I get by...but I'm not the greatest shot with a handgun

Hopefully that won't become an issue. Always being with people with rifles could help with the problem. If not, it'll go bang 15 times.

BOSS302
12-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Ha...you tell me! To busy designing new camo patterns and uniforms back in the states so Airmen have to pick up the slack.

Too^

airmen^^

Rainmaker
12-16-2013, 08:32 PM

Who said the long war was over? Thank God Bruwin's back on the job. and Rainmaker still can't belee Uncle Sam replaced the 1911 ACP wiff that POS Italian pee shooter no wonder we can't win a war.

TJMAC77SP
12-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Who said the long war was over? Thank God Bruwin's back on the job. and Rainmaker still can't belee Uncle Sam replaced the 1911 ACP wiff that POS Italian pee shooter no wonder we can't win a war.

And I bet you think colorization of B&W movies is bad too.

Gonzo432
12-17-2013, 12:34 AM

I like it! It worked for Alvin C. York and Joe Basilone.

Rainmaker
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
I like it! It worked for Alvin C. York and Joe Basilone.

Yeah but, Ms. "Man Hands" McGhee can't handle the .45 ACP. NomSayin?

Juggs
12-26-2013, 03:04 PM
The beretta does suck compared to the 1911.

Thank God Bru is back there. The war on terror was in shambles.