PDA

View Full Version : Appealing to Her Base? Sarah Palin Visits the Duck Dynasty Gang.

AJBIGJ
12-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Witholding comments, I know some people apparently like the show, but seriously though...
Sarah Palin and Duck Dynasty:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2013/12/sarah-palin-visits-the-duck-dynasty-gang-179134.html

Mr. Squid
12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Palin can suck it, but I love Duck Dynasty.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-09-2013, 03:52 PM
She making money that she lost while being sued when she was in office by the bully left. Honestly, I dont follow her all that closely nor would I just run out to vote for her just for the sake of it. But isnt she like the pure feminist idol? Strong, independent, and very assertive. She seems to be the figure head in her house, the matriarch. Why is it that feminists seem to distance theirselves from her?

AJBIGJ
12-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Well she is kind of the focal point of most of their ridicule in this day and age, deservedly or undeservedly so.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-09-2013, 04:08 PM
And when she was targeted by a male when he said she needed someone to piss and deficate in her mouth, they were no where to be found.

Greg
12-09-2013, 04:15 PM
I wonder if she really believes some of the verbal diarrhea that is attributed to her. She quite possibly could be laughing all the way to the bank.

71Fish
12-09-2013, 04:23 PM
She making money that she lost while being sued when she was in office by the bully left. Honestly, I dont follow her all that closely nor would I just run out to vote for her just for the sake of it. But isnt she like the pure feminist idol? Strong, independent, and very assertive. She seems to be the figure head in her house, the matriarch. Why is it that feminists seem to distance theirselves from her?

I've always said the same thing.
Not only all the things you mentioned, but she is also pro-choice. She knew her last baby had downsyndrome and still made te choice to have him. Why the left doesn't love her I don't understand.

AJBIGJ
12-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I wonder if she really believes some of the verbal diarrhea that is attributed to her. She quite possibly could be laughing all the way to the bank.

You bring up an interesting point, and there is a certain logic to that. One might recall the immediate effects of the Jessica Simpson "Chicken of the Sea" comments way back when.

I wonder if she in fact is marketing the image deliberately. Part of the reason she stated for leaving her governorship in Alaska was to avoid the post-campaign media focus to her family, then of course she doubles down her "celebrity" status by appearing quite frequently in the national media, in various formats. It certainly seems counterintuitive to say the least.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-09-2013, 04:48 PM

Hell, you guys believe some of the diarrhea that has been attributed to her, so why cant she believe it? What is something that you personally dont agree with?

AJBIGJ
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Hell, you guys believe some of the diarrhea that has been attributed to her, so why cant she believe it? What is something that you personally dont agree with?

Some of it I think she is deliberately using for her benefit, unless she is somehow completely ignorant of how the media does portray her, which I don't think is the case, some of the things she does seem to be designed to capitalize on that image. That's why I personally think we have so many "Palinisms".

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Some of it I think she is deliberately using for her benefit, unless she is somehow completely ignorant of the media does portray her, which I don't think is the case, some of the things she does seem to be designed to capitalize on that image. That's why I personally think we have so many "Palinisms".

As in what for example? Saying a portion of your production where you work for nothing is like slavery?

AJBIGJ
12-09-2013, 05:22 PM
As in what for example? Saying a portion of your production where you work for nothing is like slavery?

Google "Palinisms" some time when you get bored and look at the sheer volume of them. I think she's using the media's portrayal of her as a tool, I can't imagine anyone would go into politics without a little more brain-to-mouth filter with an expectation of being taken seriously. I consider her to be much like Jesse Ventura and Donald Trump in such regard.

Greg
12-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Oh I don't believe a lot of the crap that's thrown out there. And I don't really follow Palin, or anyone else, for that matter. Only little snippets I catch, here and there. Believe me, I have much better things to do than to read, or watch, what is supposedly journalism these days.

My original post on this topic was made on observations over time. I think she has a mischievous, wry smile, and some depth to the gleam in her eye.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Google "Palinisms" some time when you get bored and look at the sheer volume of them. I think she's using the media's portrayal of her as a tool, I can't imagine anyone would go into politics without a little more brain-to-mouth filter with an expectation of being taken seriously. I consider her to be much like Jesse Ventura and Donald Trump in such regard.

Yeah, she has miss ques. Most of which are factual though, just presented in poor grammar and some stubbling over her words. I guess some can be close to slipping up on how many states there are in the union, thankfully none were as bad calling cops stupid.

AJBIGJ
12-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, she has miss ques. Most of which are factual though, just presented in poor grammar and some stubbling over her words. I guess some can be close to slipping up on how many states there are in the union, thankfully none were as bad calling cops stupid.

I could go into what I believe are "Obamaisms" as well, and the image I think he tries to project with his audience. However, it's a bit off topic at the moment.

I do find it interesting how voracious you get in defending this individual however, and how you default to going after the President. You ever consider that this may be a contributing factor to why the Tea Party has developed such a stigma in the past few years?

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I could go into what I believe are "Obamaisms" as well, and the image I think he tries to project with his audience. However, it's a bit off topic at the moment.

I do find it interesting how voracious you get in defending this individual however, and how you default to going after the President. You ever consider that this may be a contributing factor to why the Tea Party has developed such a stigma in the past few years?

Which stigma? Yes, I do believe the TEA party has a dim witted stigma because one of the leaders is Palin, and how the media has portrayed her. I am just saying, not everyone is as well spoken Reagan, but its how the media presents the story or ignores a gaffe that represents how people view the group.

AJBIGJ
12-11-2013, 02:10 AM
Which stigma? Yes, I do believe the TEA party has a dim witted stigma because one of the leaders is Palin, and how the media has portrayed her. I am just saying, not everyone is as well spoken Reagan, but its how the media presents the story or ignores a gaffe that represents how people view the group.
The stigma that stems from valid criticisms, not that all Tea Partiers are a bunch of racist bible thumping rednecks, but the the source of the core internal nastiness inherent in its present culture that might lead an individual to perceive any of these things.

The stigma I am referring to is the perception that people who associate themselves with the Tea Party do not occasionally come at odds with the President's policies based on their ideological understandings and philosophical leanings. Instead, they form their ideology around their emotional loathing of the individual himself and those who associate with him.

Unfortunately, my dealings with you thus far are not going far towards dispelling that perception. You have a nice Ron Paul avatar for your account and occasionally adopt some of his rhetoric. However, the evidence of what you feel is his opinion about immigration among other things reveal you've obviously never bothered to pick up his more recent book "Liberty Defined" where he devotes an entire chapter specifically to the subject, not to mention you love to slam the "liberals", even while "Classical Liberalism" happens to be the father to modern libertarianism, and the term itself was even adopted by many of its intellectual juggernauts such as Friedman and Hayek.

I keep trying to draw you away from the tendency but like a rubber band you always snap back into the old habits and rhetoric. If you truly value Liberty as a philosophy, you cannot hope to do so unless you get a solid grasp of the concepts of "indivualism" as opposed to "collectivism" and "positivism". Part of that ideology is distinguishing yourself as an individual, not living off of sound bytes spewed by those you choose to associate with.