PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a male's life isnt ruined by simple accusation of rape.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-05-2013, 06:40 PM
I am not a fan of FSU or of this QB, but at least there wasnt an overzealous prosecuter trying to make a name for himself by dragging this kid through the mud without any proof of rape, or that he did it for that matter.

Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/12/04/prosecutor-says-investigation-fsu-qb-jameis-winston-is-complete-will-announce/?intcmp=latestnews

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Meggs (the DA) has said he wanted to make sure prosecutors completed a thorough investigation before making a final decision. He has also said several times that it's up to prosecutors to determine whether there is a "reasonable" chance of conviction.

I guess one question I have is where are all the "NOW" groups calling for a special investigation against this male and accusing the DA of playing favorites? Wasnt this what the DA in FL where Zimmerman lived was trying to do but the special interest groups called for blood if Zimmerman wasnt tried?

garhkal
12-05-2013, 07:28 PM
It might also be that cause the town is a "Big football town" the case is getting pushed under, for sporting reasons.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 11:52 AM
It could very well be that not enough evidence was even presented to take it to court, this statistically happens at a rate of about 34 of every 46 reported sexual assaults/rapes.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-06-2013, 12:08 PM
And could be the fact that she has memory lapses and multiple DNA samples in the one pair of panties which would make it hard for anyone to pin point the ONE time it might have actually been rape.

efmbman
12-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I saw a tweet from ESPN this morning that a civil trial is unlikely. We shall see... In any event, I would bet this will have a bearing on how NFL teams view this young man come draft time. No one wants a "problem" on their team.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 12:36 PM
And could be the fact that she has memory lapses and multiple DNA samples in the one pair of panties which would make it hard for anyone to pin point the ONE time it might have actually been rape.

I think it important not to "attack the victim/accuser" in any case, especially if I've never met them personally and only have read about them in a questionable news source. God help you if any of it was unfair and the accusation was legitimate.

Most legitimate reports even never make it to the court system whatsoever. The entire process is very intimidating for the one filing the report (naturally so in the process of gathering evidence). If the victim delays too long in getting medical treatment, showers before the investigation, delays the investigation due to emotional trauma, or a whole slew of other reasons there may be insufficient evidence available to even bring it in front of a criminal trial. When barely 1/4 of the reported cases make it into a trial, it says the system of filtration definitely weighs in favor of the accused.

sandsjames
12-06-2013, 12:39 PM
His case was dropped last spring because of lack of evidence. I'm not sure why it was even reopened.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
I think it important not to "attack the victim/accuser" in any case, especially if I've never met them personally and only have read about them in a questionable news source. God help you if any of it was unfair and the accusation was legitimate.I didnt attack anyone. I was just stating what was reported.

Most legitimate reports even never make it to the court system whatsoever. The entire process is very intimidating for the one filing the report (naturally so in the process of gathering evidence). If the victim delays too long in getting medical treatment, showers before the investigation, delays the investigation due to emotional trauma, or a whole slew of other reasons there may be insufficient evidence available to even bring it in front of a criminal trial. When barely 1/4 of the reported cases make it into a trial, it says the system of filtration definitely weighs in favor of the accused.Not in the publics eye. Usually the accused, like in the duke case, looses a lot of credibility from just being accused. But then, maybe that was because of race baiters taggin along to "help" the poor black stripper against the evil rich white kids? I am very pleased to see the justice process take the steps it did this time without media pressure.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
I didnt attack anyone. I was just stating what was reported.

Not in the publics eye. Usually the accused, like in the duke case, looses a lot of credibility from just being accused. But then, maybe that was because of race baiters taggin along to "help" the poor black stripper against the evil rich white kids? I am very pleased to see the justice process take the steps it did this time without media pressure.

I agree the media has no ethical business being within 5 miles of anything to do with these cases, some details should just be left alone, regardless of how much it "sells".

The article however is quite happy to conduct the attacks, and regurgitating the article is essentially the same as condoning such action. Fox News is a deplorable organization as it is, Jon Stewart would be out of a job if Fox News wasn't as detestable as it is.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I agree the media has no ethical business being within 5 miles of anything to do with these cases, some details should just be left alone, regardless of how much it "sells".I commend them for leaving out the victims name.

The article however is quite happy to conduct the attacks, and regurgitating the article is essentially the same as condoning such action. Fox News is a deplorable organization as it is, Jon Stewart would be out of a job if Fox News wasn't as detestable as it is.
The website is different than the channel. I could find the same report on MSN if you want.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
I commend them for leaving out the victims name.

The website is different than the channel. I could find the same report on MSN if you want.
Barking up the wrong tree if you think I favor MSN. This is one of those things where an ethical reporter would seek a good story elsewhere, individual people do have a certain right to privacy and in sensitive cases such as this ANY media organization should respect that if they're being ethical. Similarly, ethical individuals should respect this privacy as well by not supporting such trash and taking an opinion about which they've no business interfering in. You love that whole "non-interventionism" thing people keep talking about but you can't apply it on a personal level, is that what you're inferring?

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Barking up the wrong tree if you think I favor MSN. This is one of those things where an ethical reporter would seek a good story elsewhere, individual people do have a certain right to privacy and in sensitive cases such as this ANY media organization should respect that if they're being ethical. Similarly, ethical individuals should respect this privacy as well by not supporting such trash and taking an opinion about which they've no business interfering in. You love that whole "non-interventionism" thing people keep talking about but you can't apply it on a personal level, is that what you're inferring?Non-interventionism is to not kill someone in a far off country. It also means not to physically hurt someone else for a profit. Writing the story with facts of a case has nothing to do with non-interventionism. Without reporting the facts of the case and the reasons as to why the QB was not charged leaves many to wonder "why" or if it had anything to do with him being a star. Now just some people will actually still question the motives.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Non-interventionism is to not kill someone in a far off country. It also means not to physically hurt someone else for a profit. Writing the story with facts of a case has nothing to do with non-interventionism. Without reporting the facts of the case and the reasons as to why the QB was not charged leaves many to wonder "why" or if it had anything to do with him being a star. Now just some people will actually still question the motives.

Non-intervention means not sticking your nose in someone's business that has nothing to do with yourself, it's not a difficult concept. The courts get to worry about the facts, we can worry about turning the channel to news that affects us directly.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Non-intervention means not sticking your nose in someone's business that has nothing to do with yourself, it's not a difficult concept. The courts get to worry about the facts, we can worry about turning the channel to news that affects us directly.

You may have money riding on FSU and need to know if the QB leading your team is about to be suspended or not.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 03:43 PM
You may have money riding on FSU and need to know if the QB leading your team is about to be suspended or not.

Simple, once he's been suspended, you report it in the news, including the fact that he has been brought up on felony charges, all the viewing public needs to hear.

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Simple, once he's been suspended, you report it in the news, including the fact that he has been brought up on felony charges, all the viewing public needs to hear.

True, and we dont need forums to discuss topics of the day either. Its best to be ignorant of the world around us and what is happening outside of our 10 ft buble unless it was coming to hurt us. Look, I agree, we shouldnt know the suposed victim in this case, and picking and chosing who gets 15 min of fame for their trial is worthless. The news can definately be 24hrs running without duplication of any story if they went with every single murder in detroit. But it is a capitalist, for profit, business and they need to entertain their audience. Like I said, as long as they arent hurting anyone with their direct action, even with Sharpton about putting a bounty on Zimmerman's head, its fair game.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 04:06 PM
True, and we dont need forums to discuss topics of the day either. Its best to be ignorant of the world around us and what is happening outside of our 10 ft buble unless it was coming to hurt us. Look, I agree, we shouldnt know the suposed victim in this case, and picking and chosing who gets 15 min of fame for their trial is worthless. The news can definately be 24hrs running without duplication of any story if they went with every single murder in detroit. But it is a capitalist, for profit, business and they need to entertain their audience. Like I said, as long as they arent hurting anyone with their direct action, even with Sharpton about putting a bounty on Zimmerman's head, its fair game.

You have effectively provided another example of another incident that should barely have exceeded the local news, vice becoming a national controversy for more than a year. I agree, the media sucks! This is why we as readers could work harder to discriminate the major issues from the contrived controversies that have no bearing on our own lives. Unless the justice system itself is not functioning appropriately it has no affect on the rest of us.

CYBERFX1024
12-06-2013, 04:46 PM

I concur. The website is completely different than the channel. The channel is more slanted to the Right whereas the website is more unbiased, I have seen articles on there slamming both the right and the left. While the other channels and news sites are pretty much the same.

CNN is pretty much to the left most of the time with one or two articles slamming the left. This is both the website and the channel.

MSNBC is far to the left on both the website and the channel.

CYBERFX1024
12-06-2013, 04:49 PM
I agree the media has no ethical business being within 5 miles of anything to do with these cases, some details should just be left alone, regardless of how much it "sells".

I concur with you whole heartedly.

[QUOTE=AJBIGJ;The article however is quite happy to conduct the attacks, and regurgitating the article is essentially the same as condoning such action. Fox News is a deplorable organization as it is, Jon Stewart would be out of a job if Fox News wasn't as detestable as it is.[/QUOTE]

Everybody has a bias to what they report. Fox is to the Right, MSNBC is to the Far Left, and CNN is just to the left. Fox News actually has more news articles that the other networks don't pick up until days later, while CNN is to busy trying to cover celebrities. There have been a number of news stories this year that CNN has completely buried while they are too busy reporting what Kim Kardashian is doing. I actually said something about that on their FB page one time about not having stuff on website, while the front page of the site is about a stupid celebrity. They responded back saying that it is on the site you just have to look for it. Basically like it would be on pg. 13 in a newspaper.

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 05:02 PM
I concur with you whole heartedly.

Everybody has a bias to what they report. Fox is to the Right, MSNBC is to the Far Left, and CNN is just to the left.

All of which are pretty exploitive in my mind, they seem to care far more about delivering a rhetorical agenda than they do about telling stories of quality. There are exceptions, and I don't even so much mind the bias for myself, I can filter that out I think, but when it takes private citizens going through private affairs, especially about a topic that can result in years of psychological trauma for those involved, In my opinion a very important ethical line has been crossed when news organizations exploit it in any fashion to suit that agenda.

Juggs
12-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I saw a tweet from ESPN this morning that a civil trial is unlikely. We shall see... In any event, I would bet this will have a bearing on how NFL teams view this young man come draft time. No one wants a "problem" on their team.

No wants a problem on thier team? Umm Rothlesbooger, Sapp, Owens, any of these ringing a bell?

imported_WILDJOKER5
12-06-2013, 05:31 PM

He's a freshman. He will have plenty of time for this to go away.

garhkal
12-06-2013, 07:10 PM
This is one of those things where an ethical reporter would seek a good story elsewhere,

Do we even have any ethical reporters anymore??

AJBIGJ
12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Do we even have any ethical reporters anymore??

Good question, in all honesty. I think some are, the ones who don't sacrifice their scruples in order to get a certain kind of "story". I honestly understand logically why so much "bias" exists, but that's not even my issue in this case. To drag a single individual's reputation through the muck just to satisfy an agenda, that's just classless in my opinion, especially following a possible sexual assault. I don't even condone it for very public people like politicians and celebrities, but it's even a margin worse for private citizens in my mind.

garhkal
12-07-2013, 12:57 AM
True dat. Which is why i hate it when members of the press consistently use the phrase "Everyone should know everything about everyone else" in relation to them using what ever means are necessary (legal and otherwise) to dig up dirt/info so they can gather the scoop on someone.

DocBones
12-07-2013, 03:05 PM
If we read something online, it has to be true. I also recall the days when the National Enquirer was full of stories about how Bigfoot and Aliens were always having babies, and how the Loch Ness Monster had a secret 'love shack' in Los Angeles, found amongst other true stories about Area 51's connection with Hitler and his 'love kinder,' who were born during the 1960s, but were not a product of rape, and other true pieces of important reportage

What ever happened to quality over quantity? I miss the old National Enquirer.

;)

sandsjames
12-07-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm still for the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing; call me crazy. This won't hurt him in the long run. Look at Kobe, Ray Lewis, Michael Vick, and many, many others. And if people don't want him because he MIGHT be a problem, there's always the Raiders or Cowboys.

RetC141BFCC
12-07-2013, 04:52 PM
You forgot Philly. Thats one thing the Air Force does wrong. In the AF you are guilty untill proven innocent. If he was in the AF he would have not been able to play until this was settled.

garhkal
12-07-2013, 06:35 PM
If we read something online, it has to be true. I also recall the days when the National Enquirer was full of stories about how Bigfoot and Aliens were always having babies, and how the Loch Ness Monster had a secret 'love shack' in Los Angeles, found amongst other true stories about Area 51's connection with Hitler and his 'love kinder,' who were born during the 1960s, but were not a product of rape, and other true pieces of important reportage

What ever happened to quality over quantity? I miss the old National Enquirer.

;)

My fave was the Weekly world news. Ed Anger's column always gave me a laugh.

CYBERFX1024
12-07-2013, 09:04 PM

What ever happened to quality over quantity? I miss the old National Enquirer.;)

That's my point CNN for the most part has gone the way of TMZ and only caring about celebrities.

Rizzo77
12-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Rape is horrible.

So is ruining a young man's life (or a lacrosse team, or Tawanna Brawley's victims).

All's I really have to say is that ALL young ladies need to refrain from drinking booze, especially those that drink illegally (under the age of 21).