PDA

View Full Version : What is important?

efmbman
12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
I did a screenshot of the CNN Money webpage just now:

I think it is disturbing that the most popular article is about Facebook and Twitter accounts being hacked.

Am I overreacting?

AJBIGJ
12-05-2013, 12:32 AM
I did a screenshot of the CNN Money webpage just now:

I think it is disturbing that the most popular article is about Facebook and Twitter accounts being hacked.

Am I overreacting?
I'm not sure how to define "overreacting" in this instance.

The explanation for it is very simple, simple relevance to the greatest number of people.

Facebook, Twitter, etc are combined a very influential element in society today, and they contain a lot of personal information for its users. When you add mass appeal to the effects of fear a trend in the upwards direction is inevitable

While Ron Paul has some degree of facial recognition to certain circles, bitcoin is fairly unfamiliar to individuals who don't frequent economics-focused news media, which is comparatively complex and emotionally stale in comparison to many subjects.

With the Pentagon cutting jobs, I'm sure those who work in government through contract jobs or know someone who does are very concerned, but the pool is still relatively small nationwide, plus they probably frequent FNC let's be frank here.

Mortgages and lending can lack appeal even to people who have mortgages, unless they're about to lose their house, the level of interest is generally less.

Again, student loans apply only towards a certain demographic, and while important (in my mind the source of a possible new bubble about to burst), I don't think the layman typically understands that.