PDA

View Full Version : RIP Robot Chicken

RS6405
11-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Today we lost a great member.

He fought a long battle against cancer.

Makes me wonder

"On a med cruise the ship discharged JP-4/5 with the desalination intakes engaged! Needless to say; everything smelled,tasted like AV-Gas for a month! We would lite the sheen off our coffee with our zippo's!! True sea story.."

I'm also pissed that he got banned his last month, even though I tried to warn the powers that be of his situation, medication he was on and the limited time left.

I'm feeling kind of speechless. I don't know how to do this right to honor the man he was; the service he provided, and the real person.

Here are some quote.... maybe it shake things up

:Flush::bsflag::hail:rocketwhore: "Good Luck!!" (Call 1-800-CRY-toFA)

"Exhibit B this...:fing26::madfawk::fuckyou::rocketwhore:"

"I Guess I confuse my Naval Service with my 'wanna-be-zoomie dreams!!"
LOL! (IN your deams)

" 'RC' tosses it's feathers into the pot for the new Forum mod! I promise one and all a chicken in every pot at dinner;eggs in a basket every AM; JUST SAY YES!!"

"Nobody F's with my house or close neighbors houses...wonder why?????":rocketwhore::rambo:

I can't do this justice.... Somebody help me out here please!!!!!!!!!

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
11-30-2013, 03:39 AM
Is this serious? What was his real name?

Vrake
11-30-2013, 04:01 AM
RS the moment is we should think of a shipmate/service member who served with honor and well. It makes it a lot more personal when we know him from here. He had his quirks for sure but I can't ever remember him being negative or mean to a person. Maybe a "situation" but even then he was never ugly about it. He just filled our screens with emoticons. That was better then some of the 1 or 2 thousand word replys you might have run into during the un modded days.

He was engaged and had a lot of codger in him, but honestly as much as I could tell he was a genuine nice guy who injected a lot of old school living naval history for the benifit of us all.

Fair winds and following seas Shipmate.

My thoughts are with the family as well.

Stalwart
11-30-2013, 09:55 AM

:sadwavey:

:pray

sandsjames
11-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Is this serious? What was his real name?

It is serious.

Gonzo432
11-30-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that we lost one of ours. I had no idea RC was fighting cancer.

RS6405
11-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately Flaps I am serious.

I think his long period of absence (sometime) between the time I first joined in 2010 till a year ago was because of the cancer. This past year I got to know him, the real man. I'm grateful for that. I know Tak is taking this hard. They were really close.

Even on Wednesday his time went from a year to just months, but I guess that shows how much the doctors know. Fortunately he did not die alone.

If I get in touch with his brother and get his permission, then I will share his name and obituary. At this point I really do not care about FA's or MTF's rules, (go ahead and ban me) but I would want to respect the family's wishes.

Greg
11-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Very sorry to hear. My condolences, and I'll say a prayer for him. I felt he was a good shipmate, and had honorable intentions. I recognized that he had a health concern, but I didn't realize it was this serious. R.I.P. RobotChicken.

:usaflag:

Chief_KO
11-30-2013, 01:48 PM
RIP Shipmate.
Though my sails be torn and ragged and my mast be turned about
Though the night wind chill me to my very soul
Though the salt spray sting my eye and the stars no sight provide
Give me just enough morning light to hold

I will not lie me down, this rain a-raging
I will not lie me down in such a storm
And if this night be unblessed, I shall not take my rest
Until we reach another shore

If the only water's salt and I cannot quench my thirst
I will drink the rain that falls so steady down
If night's blindness be my gift, if there be thieves upon my drift
I will praise the dark that shelters me from them

If my friends be drained and weary and it seems their hopes are lost
There's no need for their bones on this blackened bottom
And if death wait just off the bow, we need not answer to him now
We'll stand on and face the morning light without him

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
11-30-2013, 02:28 PM
It is serious.

I had no idea he was sick, but then again I didn't know the guy personally. I've never known anyone on here personally. Sorry he passed away though.

Capt Alfredo
11-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I had no idea he was sick, but then again I didn't know the guy personally. I've never known anyone on here personally. Sorry he passed away though.

We're all just figures of your imagination.

RIP Robot Chicken.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
11-30-2013, 02:53 PM
We're all just figures of your imagination.

RIP Robot Chicken.

Um, no. I simply haven't gotten to know anyone beyond posting on MTF. For those that have, that's great.

TJMAC77SP
11-30-2013, 02:55 PM
RIP RC.

I for one always grinned at his (over)use of emoticons. Sometimes he would post a slew of them in the middle of a contentious thread. I always saw it as a "come on guys...play nice".

jshiver15
11-30-2013, 03:29 PM
This is a real bummer for me. I'd send him messages to let him know how Grafenwoehr has changed in the past several years and he'd shoot me names of people to look up. Unfortunately most of those names were associated with dear old friends who have also taken the big walk into the sky. I'm really sorry for those close to RC, he definitely was one of the more lively members of this bunch.

RIP, Sir.

jshiver15
11-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Ron actually checked up on me in a PM several months back because he knew I was deployed during the holidays last year and he wanted to make sure I was alright. It didn't hit me until just now how much that means. He actually expressed interest in coming back to Germany to see the old place and now it's breaking my heart that he may not have gotten the chance.

imported_AFKILO7
11-30-2013, 05:56 PM
I spend alot of time lurking on MTF, with that said I've laughed at RC's emoticons quite often.

AJBIGJ
12-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Anyone who knows the "man" wish to shed some light on the situation? I unfortunately am only acquainted with the avatar so anything I could offer, even with the best of intentions, would probably not do this individual justice...

RS6405
12-01-2013, 10:47 PM
With permission, here is the link to his Obituary and where you can sign the guest book.

http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sitemaker/sites/Bucktr1/obit.cgi?user=1174428Olsen

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
12-01-2013, 11:56 PM
With permission, here is the link to his Obituary and where you can sign the guest book.

http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sitemaker/sites/Bucktr1/obit.cgi?user=1174428Olsen

That's very sad. Thanks for sharing.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
12-02-2013, 12:00 AM
AJ, to answer your question, I asked Tak to write a statement here it is.

Thanks to TAK, I now know a little bit more about a real human being behind some crazy emoticons. He sounds like he was a very good man. RIP Ron.

MisterBen
12-02-2013, 12:06 AM
RIP to a forum member.

DocBones
12-02-2013, 12:34 AM
RC,

Hold a place for me up there, little buddy.

DB

CYBERFX1024
12-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Thank you for posting the guestbook. I signed it as well.

Sperry1989
12-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Yes, thanks RS for positing a link to the guest book. Ron was a very special person on so many levels. He will be missed by many.

AJBIGJ
12-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Anyone else experiencing issues with the Guestbook Security? Must have tried 15 different combinations and my signature still wouldn't take.

Edit: Persistence evidently pays off!

js7799
12-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Just goes to show that I need to get out of my little corner of the forum sometimes. I had no idea that Ron had passed away. I always thought he was a little off-kilter but that goes to show how you never really get to know someone on an internet forum. R.I.P. Our screens are emptier without your emoticons.