PDA

View Full Version : Validation

omertalifestyle
11-27-2013, 05:15 PM
PT fail overturned......suck it.

technomage1
11-27-2013, 06:02 PM
That's good news. Why was the fail overturned, please do share.

omertalifestyle
11-27-2013, 06:13 PM
It was overturned because the injury that I has sustained to my ankle affected my ability to run so the cardio component was retroactively exempted. I had medical documentation (which I provided to my commander as well) that proved this, but I was still demoted and made to do a fitness program that further compounded my injuries and now I'm being medically separated for them. I'm just trying to get my demotion overturned so that I can be separated as an NCO and prevent my record from being tarnished any further.

technomage1
11-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Yes, it does seem like the AF promotes fitness but doesnt give one crap about those it injures along the way.

My philosophy is that I get fitness is important. Now leave me alone so I can do it safely and do what I need to do.

Good luck getting the demotion overturned.

LogDog
11-27-2013, 09:18 PM
It was overturned because the injury that I has sustained to my ankle affected my ability to run so the cardio component was retroactively exempted. I had medical documentation (which I provided to my commander as well) that proved this, but I was still demoted and made to do a fitness program that further compounded my injuries and now I'm being medically separated for them. I'm just trying to get my demotion overturned so that I can be separated as an NCO and prevent my record from being tarnished any further.
Since you're being medically separated you may as well go down fighting. Submit an IG complaint on whoever made you do the fitness program. Ignoring a documented medical condition that compounded your injuries is negligence on that individual's part. He did it to you and don't think for a minute he won't do it again to someone else. At least the IG complaint should open his eyes.

technomage1
11-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Since you're being medically separated you may as well go down fighting. Submit an IG complaint on whoever made you do the fitness program. Ignoring a documented medical condition that compounded your injuries is negligence on that individual's part. He did it to you and don't think for a minute he won't do it again to someone else. At least the IG complaint should open his eyes.

I'd actually try an article 138 complaint instead. Making a member with injuries PT and make those injuries so bad they need to separate certainly falls under abuse of discretion for me. Make the CO answer to you.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw/a/article138.htm

technomage1
11-27-2013, 10:05 PM

I'd submit an article 138 complaint instead.