PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving plans

AlexCross
11-24-2013, 11:56 PM
What is everyone up to for Thanksgiving. The Cross family is all together. No extracurricular activities this week. No work. Just three kids and parents chilling. We plan on having dinner with the extended Cross family. Should be a ton of fun. Tonight will be an epic game of Apples to Apples and maybe Beat the Parents.

We will have Cross Family pictures this week too. However, any shopping will be done online. None of mayhem for us

Gonzo432
11-25-2013, 12:43 AM
We are half-way between where the families in the family, so we're hosting Thanksgiving for the 5th time in 6 years. I can't complain, we were home for Thanksgiving twice in 21 years when I was AD.

Best Thanksgiving: 1997, Keflavik, Iceland. My family was in base housing (the kids were 10 and 1, we were early-mid 30s) and we had 3 guys from the dorms over for dinner. We ate around Noon, two of the guys had another dinner later, one had 2 more. All three said they were glad they ate good at our place, because at the other places the people were newlyweds and didn't know how to cook.

RS6405
11-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Beach.... In fact I'm posting this as I sit on the 12th floor balcony of a condo, listening to the waves, and drinking a glass of wine.

I'm going to enjoy this holiday!

AJBIGJ
11-25-2013, 01:33 AM
Staying local, Black Friday is duty for me...

Vrake
11-25-2013, 01:36 AM
As of last count deep frying 5 turkeys. Going to inject them the night before, 2 Wednesday and 3 Thursday. Trying to find one more to burn so I can get the most out of my oil. You can do 3 per jug and I don't want to waste a burn since I have two jugs ready to go. Funny thing is I do it every year and by the time I am done I don't even want to eat any. My friends and neighbors are always happy with them that's what matters.

Friday I start my meat sauce for a large batch of lasagna on Saturday. I like to cook what can I say.

Chief_KO
11-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Just the three of us at home, deep frying turkey breast, ham in crockpot, sage dressing with apples, macaroni & cheese, green bean casserole, bread pudding, and Gluwhein. Looking forward to a four day weekend. Was planning on hanging Christmas lights, decorating the trees, etc. but looks like I've torn my rotator cuff again. Seeing my ortho surgeon mid Dec. Probably gonna have another operation (this will be number 4...two on each shoulder). Not looking forward to this one...

LogDog
11-25-2013, 03:12 AM
I'm doing like I've done for years, I'm staying home and not observing it. It's not that I don't like Thanksgiving it's just like most holidays they just don't really have any meaning anymore because they've been commercialized. I'd rather they do like they do in England and just call a day off a Bank Holiday.

The only holiday I observe is the 4th of July because that has actual meaning to me.

For the rest of you who are observing Thanksgiving, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Don't overeat, over drink, and please don't get into any arguments with your crazy relatives.

Stalwart
11-25-2013, 01:20 PM
A good friend of mine is the CO of a unit at Ft. Meade and he and his family are going to the dining hall and we are going with them to the base, then his family is coming to our house for dessert, games and cocoa.

Of note ... this is our last Thanksgiving 'alone' ... we should be leaving to bring our daughter home from China in a few weeks.

71Fish
11-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Early morning jiu jitsu (Turkey Roll) to free up some calories. We have a couple of friends coming over later.

js7799
11-25-2013, 02:01 PM
The wife, kid and I are heading to Macon to eat at the Indian restaurant there. We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving, so that's it for us.

RetC141BFCC
11-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Wife Kids and Grandkids at home while I work. To me just like active duty another day on the flight line. The big difference between Active Duty and now is the pay for the day. Active Duty maybe you get a comp day. Now in the blue ID Mafia world 2 and half times pay for the day. To those of you on Active Duty and working today thanks for all you do and Happy Thanksgiving.

RS6405
11-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! Tak wishes everyone the same!!!

The beach is beautiful
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3640[/ATTACH

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
11-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Vegas, baby!