PDA

View Full Version : Kids being kids, or a hate crime??

garhkal
11-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Ok. So recently we have seen a new "Game" emerge in the cities, where gangs of youths (so far all have been groups of black youths) who go out looking to "knock out" someone in one punch... Some say they are 'polar bear hunting' which to me turns it into an obvious race issue (hunting whitey). What's everyone's opinion on this?

Juvenile delinquency experts say the best way to deal with this is Empathy training. Sorry but i have to toss the BS flag there. Charge these buttheads with murder AND a hate crime and see how many more "undisciplined youths' decide to do it.
Go like some pacific islands do when they get delinquents, Cane their asses..

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/11/22/knockout-game-finally-getting-media-attention/?subscriber=1

Rusty Jones
11-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Ok. So recently we have seen a new "Game" emerge in the cities, where gangs of youths (so far all have been groups of black youths) who go out looking to "knock out" someone in one punch... Some say they are 'polar bear hunting' which to me turns it into an obvious race issue (hunting whitey). What's everyone's opinion on this?

Juvenile delinquency experts say the best way to deal with this is Empathy training. Sorry but i have to toss the BS flag there. Charge these buttheads with murder AND a hate crime and see how many more "undisciplined youths' decide to do it.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/11/22/knockout-game-finally-getting-media-attention/?subscriber=1

Okay, I look at it like this:

The George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case... do I believe that it should have been a hate crime? No. Do I believe that Trayvon Martin was profiled because of his race? Yes. I believe that race had something to do with it, but not to the point where it's a hate crime.

I have similar feelings on the "Knockout Game."

White people are targets, but not necessarily because of their race in and of itself. What makes whites more likely to be victims of this is the perception that there will be less "street repercussions" for attacking them. This is why they're not attacking other blacks or Latinos. You knock out an old black woman, her son might be a Crip. You knock out a weaker looking Latino kid, and his brother might be a Latin King.

There are blacks all over youtube speaking out on this, and calling these punks out for being too chicken shit to try to knock each other out.

AJBIGJ
11-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Okay, I look at it like this:

The George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case... do I believe that it should have been a hate crime? No. Do I believe that Trayvon Martin was profiled because of his race? Yes. I believe that race had something to do with it, but not to the point where it's a hate crime.

I have similar feelings on the "Knockout Game."

White people are targets, but not necessarily because of their race in and of itself. What makes whites more likely to be victims of this is the perception that there will be less "street repercussions" for attacking them. This is why they're not attacking other blacks or Latinos. You knock out an old black woman, her son might be a Crip. You knock out a weaker looking Latino kid, and his brother might be a Latin King.

There are blacks all over youtube speaking out on this, and calling these punks out for being too chicken shit to try to knock each other out.

I'm thinking more or less of something along the same lines. "Hate crimes" implies this is some sort act based on a deep-seated hatred a person displays towards anyone who falls under a certain demographic, even though I despise the term I understand for what it was intended.

I remember myself as a teenager and some of the things I was encouraged to participate in at the time are not a drastic departure from this, although I never used violence against persons I understand how young teenagers could find such a thing humorous. Looking retrospectively I personally believe it stems by a combination of ignorance and a desire for attention typical during puberty coupled with the physical capability of doing actual harm. Dragging race into this topic solely based on these "polar bear" comments would be a very irresponsible idea.

Rainmaker
11-22-2013, 09:33 PM
This has been going on at least as far back as 2005. It's suddenly caught the media attention since, it's started happening to jews in New York. Now,Rainmaker personally don't think the term "hate" crime should exist. violent crime is violent crime. Let them bring that shit down here in the bottom where 1/2 the population is packing. Anyone who thinks this is not racially motivated is either delusional or a liar.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-22-2013, 09:41 PM
This crap has been going on for years in Baltimore. There is a street gang in South West Baltimore that part of the initiation is going over to Federal Hill (white neighborhood) and kicking a white guy's ass and taking his wallet.

It is a racial crime if you ask me, but I also think the concept behind hate crime laws are stupid. Crime is crime, why ask a court or jury to even attempt to read someone's mind?

kool-aid
11-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Webster's defines a hate crime as: any of various crimes (as assault or defacement of property) when motivated by hostility to the victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation) - so I would say these attacks appear to be hate crimes. Odd how the definition doesn't use the word hate or animosity about a person's background. But I guess it's easier to lump them all in one term rather than race crime, gender crime, etc.

Definitely would be labeled a hate crime if it were whites attacking blacks.

AJBIGJ
11-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Webster's defines a hate crime as: any of various crimes (as assault or defacement of property) when motivated by hostility to the victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation) - so I would say these attacks appear to be hate crimes. Odd how the definition doesn't use the word hate or animosity about a person's background. But I guess it's easier to lump them all in one term rather than race crime, gender crime, etc.

Partially why I hate the term so much, that in addition to what AA stated.

Still, it really comes down to what is the source of the activity. My first thoughts are juvenile delinquency. I personally think the justice system should fully prosecute these individuals to the fullest extent of the law in accordance with associated statutes.

That being said, it's important not to make this out to be more than it is. I don't have any reason, from any evidence presented, that this "game" is a genuine attempt to "stick it to the whitey" under the shield of skewed "political correctness". The fact that we latch onto a couple of ignorant words to make it so really speaks to the polarized state we're in. It is basically a more violent version of stealing hood ornaments and spray painting lewd phrases on brick walls. It is not the first (or wherever anyone thinks we are) shot in a nationwide race war.

Greg
11-23-2013, 12:30 AM
"Log rolling," is what it's termed in these parts. Nothing new.

raustin0017
11-23-2013, 12:49 AM
Crap like this is exactly why I conceal carry. They better knock me out first punch or the S&W 40 will be pulled to defend myself or anyone around me.

Rusty Jones
11-23-2013, 03:30 AM
This crap has been going on for years in Baltimore. There is a street gang in South West Baltimore that part of the initiation is going over to Federal Hill (white neighborhood) and kicking a white guy's ass and taking his wallet.

It is a racial crime if you ask me, but I also think the concept behind hate crime laws are stupid. Crime is crime, why ask a court or jury to even attempt to read someone's mind?

I agree. I think race makes them the target, but is not the motive. They're simply choosing victims based on the perceived likelihood of having to answer for their actions on the streets. Notice how the white victims tend to be hipsters and white collar types.

imnohero
11-23-2013, 04:06 AM
Notice how the white victims tend to be hipsters and white collar types.

In other words, people that the kids think won't or can't fight back.

AJBIGJ
11-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I agree. I think race makes them the target, but is not the motive. They're simply choosing victims based on the perceived likelihood of having to answer for their actions on the streets. Notice how the white victims tend to be hipsters and white collar types.

I would say "dresses nicely" for the latter, I don't think the schoolteacher that was prominently featured in some videos going face down into a wall would typically be what one thinks of as "white collar", certainly wasn't dressed like a hipster!

AJBIGJ
11-23-2013, 12:13 PM
If I were to guess, kids who do this a lot know how to profile their targets much like a serial rapist does. There's a very distinct possibility and occasional occurrences when the target was either armed or ready for a throw down. I'm guessing, self-preservation instincts do play a role in selection of targets at least for some.

Juggs
11-23-2013, 03:11 PM
If a group of white went and knocked out a black guy it's a hate crime. Turn the tables 180 and it's just assholes.

I heard one of these thugs actually got shot for playing the dumb game with the wrong person

sandsjames
11-23-2013, 03:29 PM

Right...if it was white on white, it would be called bullying. If it was black on black, it would be called gang activity. If it was white on black, it would be called racism. It's black on white, so it's hard for the media to label. Either way, I agree with most others on here. It's not a hate crime ( I really dislike this term). It's a crime of opportunity. Now it could be a hate crime if they were actually "hunting down" whites to do this, but they aren't.

TJMAC77SP
11-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I continually see claims both in the media and on this forum that when white people are the victims of crime there is more attention paid.

Now...................we see the claim of the opposite. Because they are white there will be less consequences.

Isn't this just a bit disingenuous?

Juggs
11-23-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm enjoying the article from Lansing Michigan where a victim shot the dumbass.

Rusty Jones
11-23-2013, 08:15 PM
If it was white on black, it would be called racism. It's black on white, so it's hard for the media to label.

There ARE blacks who get charged and convicted of hate crimes. There was incident last week that happened about 15 minutes away from my house, where five blacks are being charged:

http://www.wavy.com/news/crime/sailors-charged-in-odu-attempted-robbery

sandsjames
11-23-2013, 08:20 PM
There ARE blacks who get charged and convicted of hate crimes. There was incident last week that happened about 15 minutes away from my house, where five blacks are being charged:

I know it happens, I'm just talking about the general perception. I, as I said, just think it's hard to label it as hate. Unfortunately, what kids doing things like this does is create more racism. If I'm a kid who gets randomly knocked out by a black guy, I'm gonna grow up not having a very good opinion. In fact, things like this do nothing but further the stereotype. It's a shame, really, that the people involved in stuff like this don't realize the long term affects it has on racial tensions.

Juggs
11-23-2013, 09:10 PM

A why isn't it on Fox News, CNN, msnbc? Oh that's right, because the media doesn't like it when it's not white people being racists

technomage1
11-23-2013, 10:15 PM
How on earth is knocking out a 78 year old woman considered to show toughness? Now they're using Tasers, too? Cowardice is all this shows.

garhkal
11-23-2013, 10:59 PM

Along with the fact you would get the usual suspects (Al sharpton, Jackson etc) all getting on their podiums calling for this racists to be smacked..

Rusty Jones
11-23-2013, 11:30 PM
A why isn't it on Fox News, CNN, msnbc? Oh that's right, because the media doesn't like it when it's not white people being racists

In 2009, 1,500 blacks were convicted of hate crimes. What was the last hate crime that made national news? The dragging in Texas fifteen years ago? And probably the only reason it went nationwide is because of how the murder was carried out.

Other than that, maybe you should pay better attention to your local news. I obviously see it; I don't know why you don't.

Rusty Jones
11-23-2013, 11:33 PM
How on earth is knocking out a 78 year old woman considered to show toughness? Now they're using Tasers, too? Cowardice is all this shows.

The idea doesn't seem to be about "toughness," but about getting away with something.

kool-aid
11-24-2013, 12:45 AM

CNN and MSNBC haven't covered it, but Fox News has every day this week - because we all know that's the news channel for mean ole, racist, republican white people.

Rusty Jones
11-24-2013, 02:25 AM
CNN and MSNBC haven't covered it, but Fox News has every day this week - because we all know that's the news channel for mean ole, racist, republican white people.

Juggs, does Uncle Ruckus' post make you feel better?

technomage1
11-24-2013, 10:51 AM

CNN covered it. It was the headline to their website earlier. MSNBC has an article on it too.

garhkal
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe the sites have had it, but other than fox on the TV, none have had it.

Interceptor
11-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Watch your statements folks. Discuss the topic at hand. No hate speech will be tolerated.

mikezulu1
11-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Watch your statements folks. Discuss the topic at hand. No hate speech will be tolerated.

Ok, they stated that they were committing these crimes because they were bored. So maybe they should be in school or get a job. Stop being a drain on our society.

technomage1
11-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Maybe the sites have had it, but other than fox on the TV, none have had it.

Not true. CNN had a video on the site of a broadcast they did about it.

technomage1
11-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Ok, they stated that they were committing these crimes because they were bored. So maybe they should be in school or get a job. Stop being a drain on our society.

I suggest the ones caught doing this should get a job being a live "Whack a #$%^ Punk" target. I picture a field with holes dug in it. The punks are placed in the holes with an electrode capabale of producing a minor shock to their body. A cover is placed over the hole so they cant climb out but can only squat or stand with their heads of of the hole. Productive citizens can have hours of fun running around with a baseball bat as the punks are randomly shocked to force them to put their heads/torso out of the hole.

Now, that's a game.

Ages 12 & Up by technomage.

garhkal
11-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Nice game.. Love the name too!:tongue6:

Juggs
11-25-2013, 05:52 PM
In 2009, 1,500 blacks were convicted of hate crimes. What was the last hate crime that made national news? The dragging in Texas fifteen years ago? And probably the only reason it went nationwide is because of how the murder was carried out.

Other than that, maybe you should pay better attention to your local news. I obviously see it; I don't know why you don't.

Probably because its not reported anymore. Doesn't support the liberal agenda.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Those black kids beating the WWII vet to death story has all but fallen off of the face of the earth. Hate crime, in my opinion it is.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Probably because its not reported anymore. Doesn't support the liberal agenda.

Dude, I know the bullshit point that you're trying to make... and it's been pointed out to be bullshit numerous times by both technomage and I, and you just don't seem to know when to give up. Bottom line - it happens, and it gets reported on the news. Save your "ifs, ands, or buts" and get over it.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Keep it up. You're almost having an impact on my views. Oh wait, nope you're not. Good thing you referenced something from 2009.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Those black kids beating the WWII vet to death story has all but fallen off of the face of the earth. Hate crime, in my opinion it is.

Do you know what the motive was? If it was indeed race, they would get charged and prosecuted with a hate crime. We've already established that blacks DO get charged and convicted of hate crimes.

What's your issue, dude? Are you like... some angry white man or something?

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Keep it up. You're almost having an impact on my views. Oh wait, nope you're not.

Of course I'm not having an impact on your views. But that's a problem on your end, not mine. It's called "cognitive dissonance."

Good thing you referenced something from 2009.

Right, because we can safely assume that zero happened outside of that year (dumbass).

AJBIGJ
11-25-2013, 06:02 PM
I think we've very successfully established why "hate crime" is such an irresponsible thing for a government to recognize. I'd say the term's mere existence is more damaging to our society overall than some of the most violent actual racists anywhere in the modern era.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Do you know what the motive was? If it was indeed race, they would get charged and prosecuted with a hate crime. We've already established that blacks DO get charged and convicted of hate crimes.

What's your issue, dude? Are you like... some angry white man or something?

A white guy beats up a black guy and its immediately labeled as a hate crime. When it's a black guy they have to allow the investigation to take place prior to it being labeled by the media.

Yes I'm an angry white man. Is that wrong? I'm tired of the folks screaming racist when it isn't usually the case. How about some true equal rights. Instead media induced bias.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Of course I'm not having an impact on your views. But that's a problem on your end, not mine. It's called "cognitive dissonance."

Right, because we can safely assume that zero happened outside of that year (dumbass).

You're the clown that won't reference anymore recent than 2009. 2009 hmmm almost 5 yrs ago. Good try high speed.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:08 PM
A white guy beats up a black guy and its immediately labeled as a hate crime.

Prove it. I'll wait.

When it's a black guy they have to allow the investigation to take place prior to it being labeled by the media.

That wasn't the case with example I gave you on the ODU campus.

Yes I'm an angry white man. Is that wrong?

Yes. You should seek help.

I'm tired of the folks screaming racist when it isn't usually the case.

Why? YOU'RE doing it. Why should YOU be able to do it, but then you get pissed when others do it?

How about some true equal rights. Instead media induced bias.

Is the media out to get white folks there, Juggs?

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:10 PM
You're the clown that won't reference anymore recent than 2009. 2009 hmmm almost 5 yrs ago. Good try high speed.

Maybe I should put my tail between my legs and say that zero blacks were convicted of hate crimes in 2012, because I didn't produce a reference. Afterall, that's probably what you believe anyway.

Sergeant eNYgma
11-25-2013, 06:11 PM

I'm with you 100% and I read today a woman shot 2 teens from a group of like 7 that attacked her...both died. Hopefully more people will be carrying and can protect themselves...I've no remorse for those punks whatsoever.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Maybe I should put my tail between my legs and say that zero blacks were convicted of hate crimes in 2012, because I didn't produce a reference. Afterall, that's probably what you believe anyway.

No it's not wrong. Such as the FDNY being forced by court order to have a class with more minorities than the more qualified guys. So no it's not wrong to be angry.

The media is out to create controversy and simply label everything so folks flip out.

What I'm doing is pointing out the how the media likes to blame anything a white person as a hate crime as opposed to what a black person or a person of minority decent commits the same crime against a white person. Clowns such as Jesse Jackson also help push this agenda.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:20 PM
No it's not wrong. Such as the FDNY being forced by court order to have a class with more minorities than the more qualified guys. So no it's not wrong to be angry.

...are you saying that "minority" and "qualified" are mutually exclusive terms? Looks like you've got some issues to work out. BTW, most fire departments bring on personnel with no experience all the time and give them OJT anyway. So whatever that article is, you may want to re-read it.

The media is out to create controversy and simply label everything so folks flip out.

What I'm doing is pointing out the how the media likes to blame anything a white person as a hate crime as opposed to what a black person or a person of minority decent commits the same crime against a white person. Clowns such as Jesse Jackson also help push this agenda.

So you know the inner workings? Would you care to enlighten me as to how you obtained the "inside scoop?"

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Actually, the FDNY holds and academy. Now they were court ordered to have a class with more minorities. No minorities and qualified are not separate terms. Now if a minority is more qualified even in the smallest way, than a white person than so be it. Hire him/her, promote him/her. Don't sacrifice quality for the sake of quotas.

No inside scoop. It's just obvious by simply watching the news and reading.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Actually, the FDNY holds and academy. Now they were court ordered to have a class with more minorities. No minorities and qualified are not separate terms. Now if a minority is more qualified even in the smallest way, than a white person than so be it. Hire him/her, promote him/her. Don't sacrifice quality for the sake of quotas.

Okay, so if they're not required to have previous firefighting experience; how do they determine who is more qualified than the other?

No inside scoop. It's just obvious by simply watching the news and reading.

In other words, you're speculating. Got it.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Civil service exam, CPAT, interview. That's how you get a seat in the academy.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Okay, so if they're not required to have previous firefighting experience; how do they determine who is more qualified than the other?

In other words, you're speculating. Got it.

Forming an opinion based off of historical data. Sure speculating.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Civil service exam, CPAT, interview. That's how you get a seat in the academy.

CPAT is pass/fail. The exam is a bit different. It is possible to score too high on these exams, because it's believed that more intelligent people require higher mental challenges than firefighting can provide; thus bringing on people of higher intelligence means higher turnover and training costs. The same thing applies to police departments, by the way.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Forming an opinion based off of historical data. Sure speculating.

"Historical data" appears to be your own personal observations of what's on TV and in the papers. You just said that you have no inside knowledge. So... you might want to give up that point. You're angry over things that are purely your own imagination.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
"Historical data" appears to be your own personal observations of what's on TV and in the papers. You just said that you have no inside knowledge. So... you might want to give up that point. You're angry over things that are purely your own imagination.

My own, or thousands of others? I guess obamacare's failures are purely opinion also.

Juggs
11-25-2013, 06:45 PM
CPAT is pass/fail. The exam is a bit different. It is possible to score too high on these exams, because it's believed that more intelligent people require higher mental challenges than firefighting can provide; thus bringing on people of higher intelligence means higher turnover and training costs. The same thing applies to police departments, by the way.

CPAT is pass fail, however, how you do on it, does drive where you're stacked in the whole process.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:53 PM
My own, or thousands of others? I guess obamacare's failures are purely opinion also.

CPAT is pass fail, however, how you do on it, does drive where you're stacked in the whole process.

You know, I just thought about something. Now, you're throwing in Obamacare... which is not even germane to this discussion. Hell, the whole firefighting thing isn't even relevant. So why are we even talking about it?

I'll tell you why: this whole "knockout" game doesn't seem to be the issue with you. You seem to think that white folks are getting fucked over, and this is just one big bitch session for you... where you jump from topic to topic on your personal gripes.

Yet, you can't even show me how you're being fucked over. It's all speculation.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 06:54 PM
How old are you, Juggs? You sound like a kid.

AJBIGJ
11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Does anyone need any more clarification about why making a separate "hate crimes" from other "crimes" becomes problematic?

Juggs
11-25-2013, 07:11 PM
You know, I just thought about something. Now, you're throwing in Obamacare... which is not even germane to this discussion. Hell, the whole firefighting thing isn't even relevant. So why are we even talking about it?

I'll tell you why: this whole "knockout" game doesn't seem to be the issue with you. You seem to think that white folks are getting fucked over, and this is just one big bitch session for you... where you jump from topic to topic on your personal gripes.

Yet, you can't even show me how you're being fucked over. It's all speculation.

Not really, they all tie into race issues.

If you look back a few pages before your repeated attempts at getting me into a name calling bitchfest you'll see where I already said I'm enjoying the fact that some folks are actually taking this stupid knockout game into thier own hands. Somebody tries to knock you out with a group of friends there, and the jackasses get shot.

Yes that dumb game is an issue, but some folks are trying to claim those aren't hate crimes or profiling. Just kids being dumb.

I have explained it, you're so hell bent on your mentality that the white privileged folks have nothing to bitch about.

I'm 31. Keeping trying to throw insults out there such as dumbass, or telling me I sound like a kid. It's cool, you're just baiting. It's your MO.

Another page out of JBs unoriginal book.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Does anyone need any more clarification about why making a separate "hate crimes" from other "crimes" becomes problematic?

I actually agree with you on this. The problem is, there's this myth that minorities don't get charged with and convicted of hate crimes. If you debunk that myth, then they'll come back with "Well... the media doesn't report it." Debunk that, and they STILL don't know when to shut up. And that's what I'm dealing with right now.

SomeRandomGuy
11-25-2013, 07:36 PM
I actually agree with you on this. The problem is, there's this myth that minorities don't get charged with and convicted of hate crimes. If you debunk that myth, then they'll come back with "Well... the media doesn't report it." Debunk that, and they STILL don't know when to shut up. And that's what I'm dealing with right now.

According to the FBI there were 5,796 Hate Crimes reported in 2012. Of the 5,331 known offenders, 54.6 percent were white and 23.3 percent were black. The race was unknown for 11.5 percent, and other races accounted for the remaining known offenders.

Based on the statistics it appears that 2,910 whites were charges and 1242 blacks were charged. The statistics seem to back up what you are saying. I will email this link to Fox News and maybe they will run a story on it. That is probably the only way that Juggs will ahve any chance of seeing it.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/284024/158/FBI-Thousands-of-hate-crimes-reported-in-2012

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Not really, they all tie into race issues.

No, they're all your own personal gripes. This topic is about "knockout" and whether or not it's a hate crime. Not who gets hired by the FDNY.

...and how does Obamacare tie into race? Don't answer that; it doesn't matter here. But it might in another thread, so I'm not going to forget.

If you look back a few pages before your repeated attempts at getting me into a name calling bitchfest you'll see where I already said I'm enjoying the fact that some folks are actually taking this stupid knockout game into thier own hands. Somebody tries to knock you out with a group of friends there, and the jackasses get shot.

Yes that dumb game is an issue, but some folks are trying to claim those aren't hate crimes or profiling. Just kids being dumb.

I won't disagree that they're engaging in profiling. I said it myself, that whites are generally perceived as people who won't have you answering for your actions on the streets. Hence, why they're being profiled. However, profiling alone doesn't constitute a hate crime; because it's not the motive.

I have explained it, you're so hell bent on your mentality that the white privileged folks have nothing to bitch about.

Well aren't they? Who owns Time Warner, Viacom, and all of these other companies? Who heads the FDNY and other big employers? Not minorities. Your anger is misdirected.

I'm 31. Keeping trying to throw insults out there such as dumbass, or telling me I sound like a kid. It's cool, you're just baiting. It's your MO.

And you keep biting... hook, line, and sinker.

Another page out of JBs unoriginal book.

Who are you supposed to be? TJ's second banana?

AJBIGJ
11-25-2013, 07:45 PM

I will say this, the media favors whatever will create the most controversy. White-on-Black crimes typically create the most controversy, and therefore get a disproportionate amount of coverage. This is not to say other compositions of victim and assailant are never covered, they just pass with the collective yawns we give them. Fox News would have us believe there is a complete media blackout of coverage, which is ironic because they are a genuine media entity, and thus they happily point out "see, black people can be racist too!"

The assertion in quotations is true, however restating it does not help society move away from this type of discussion. It's like trying to extinguish a conflagration with gasoline.

Mostly I agree with you, however I do concede there is this bias towards controversy-igniting cases in the media. This is also why I think MSM sources collectively make us all stupider.

TJMAC77SP
11-25-2013, 08:41 PM

Or..........he has a point there.

Rusty Jones
11-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Or..........he has a point there.

Hey there, Batman. You might want to control Robin. Or at least make him switch to decaf.

garhkal
11-26-2013, 01:10 AM
A white guy beats up a black guy and its immediately labeled as a hate crime. When it's a black guy they have to allow the investigation to take place prior to it being labeled by the media.

Yes I'm an angry white man. Is that wrong? I'm tired of the folks screaming racist when it isn't usually the case. How about some true equal rights. Instead media induced bias.

Exactly how i feel at times. Heck even after the investigation has concluded race may have played a part in black on white (or any other gruop on white) crimes the media still not that likely to label it a hate crime.

I'm with you 100% and I read today a woman shot 2 teens from a group of like 7 that attacked her...both died. Hopefully more people will be carrying and can protect themselves...I've no remorse for those punks whatsoever.

Do you know when/where that was? Not yet heard or seen anything about a recent shooting mentioned.

According to the FBI there were 5,796 Hate Crimes reported in 2012. Of the 5,331 known offenders, 54.6 percent were white and 23.3 percent were black. The race was unknown for 11.5 percent, and other races accounted for the remaining known offenders.

Based on the statistics it appears that 2,910 whites were charges and 1242 blacks were charged. The statistics seem to back up what you are saying. I will email this link to Fox News and maybe they will run a story on it. That is probably the only way that Juggs will ahve any chance of seeing it.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/284024/158/FBI-Thousands-of-hate-crimes-reported-in-2012

Thanks for posting that. Though i noticed it mentioned how many were charged, reported and where/by whom, but NOT how many got convicted..

TJMAC77SP
11-26-2013, 04:04 AM
Hey there, Batman. You might want to control Robin. Or at least make him switch to decaf.

Ok, will do.

Now, as to the point of my post..............................

Juggs
11-27-2013, 04:19 PM

You haven't debunked shit.

Juggs
11-27-2013, 04:20 PM
No, they're all your own personal gripes. This topic is about "knockout" and whether or not it's a hate crime. Not who gets hired by the FDNY.

...and how does Obamacare tie into race? Don't answer that; it doesn't matter here. But it might in another thread, so I'm not going to forget.

I won't disagree that they're engaging in profiling. I said it myself, that whites are generally perceived as people who won't have you answering for your actions on the streets. Hence, why they're being profiled. However, profiling alone doesn't constitute a hate crime; because it's not the motive.

Well aren't they? Who owns Time Warner, Viacom, and all of these other companies? Who heads the FDNY and other big employers? Not minorities. Your anger is misdirected.

And you keep biting... hook, line, and sinker.

You're racist.

Rusty Jones
11-27-2013, 04:35 PM
You haven't debunked shit.

Like I said, cognitive dissonance.

Rusty Jones
11-27-2013, 04:35 PM
You're racist.

You mad, bro?

Juggs
11-27-2013, 04:39 PM
You mad, bro?

You called me a banana. You a racist bro? Another page out of JBs book. So sad.

So what exactly do you do on a given day. Wake up, sip coffee and wait on folks to disagree with you on MTF? Sounds magical.

Rusty Jones
11-27-2013, 04:40 PM
You called me a banana. You a racist bro? Another page out of JBs book. So sad.

No, what's sad is that you've now resorted to trying to win a pissing contest. If you want to engage in a pissing contest, you'll be doing it alone. When you're ready to discuss the topic of this thread, let me know.

Juggs
11-27-2013, 04:41 PM
No, what's sad is that you've now resorted to trying to win a pissing contest. If you want to engage in a pissing contest, you'll be doing it alone. When you're ready to discuss the topic of this thread, let me know.

Umm you're actively taking part in it. So doing it alone really isn't going to happen.

Rusty Jones
11-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Umm you're actively taking part in it. So doing it alone really isn't going to happen.

If I was actively engaging you in your pissing contest, I'd be arguing with you over bananas and shit. But like I said, I'm only interested in discussing the topic.

Apparently, you're fighting a battle that you can't win with your assertions on hate crime and the media. You can't win the battle, and now you want to resort to something that you think you can win. I'll tell you what: do you want your pissing contest trophy? Go ahead, you can have it. When it gets old, come back and discuss the topic.

Juggs
11-27-2013, 04:50 PM
You're still participating.

Oh you mean how the media refuses to label a black on white crime as a hate crime, yet people go nuts over a white on back crime. Yea ok pal.

Maybe if the would post it on CNN or some other liberal news source you would see it better. A fox doesn't report it often either but does more than the liberal news sources.

Oh I get my news from more than one source. Sole source targeting is never good. Same applies to getting information. Local and national from multiple sources.

Rusty Jones
11-27-2013, 04:58 PM
You're still participating.

Oh you mean how the media refuses to label a black on white crime as a hate crime, yet people go nuts over a white on back crime. Yea ok pal.

Maybe if the would post it on CNN or some other liberal news source you would see it better. A fox doesn't report it often either but does more than the liberal news sources.

Oh I get my news from more than one source. Sole source targeting is never good. Same applies to getting information. Local and national from multiple sources.

No, what I'm doing is providing the catalyst to keep you going on with your pissing contest. I need to keep responding until you feel victorious. Maybe you'll wear yourself out like a kid at the playground.

Juggs
11-27-2013, 05:00 PM
No, what I'm doing is providing the catalyst for you to keep you going on with your pissing contest. I need to keep responding until you feel victorious. Maybe you'll wear yourself out like a kid at the playground.

Nope what you're doing is engaging in a pissing contest. Nice try though.

For the record mods if you look at post 76 I attempted to continue the discussion at hand and RJ once again is just trying to belittle instead of discussing issue. Reference his post #77 as I quoted. Thanks.

Rusty Jones
11-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Nope what you're doing is engaging in a pissing contest. Nice try though.

How many times have you said this? This is a plea for the last word. Do you want it? All you have to do is ask! I'll be more than happy to hand you that trophy!

For the record mods if you look at post 76 I attempted to continue the discussion at hand and RJ once again is just trying to belittle instead of discussing issue. Reference his post #77 as I quoted. Thanks.

Sorry, Juggs. Won't work. Look at those first two posts in this thread from you today. That was you starting the fire. You're not going to absolve yourself of this, Juggs. Whatever happened the other day, you just couldn't leave well enough alone. And you still can't. At least, not until you feel like you've "won." And you're not going to stop until you do. I know this, and so do you. So keep telling yourself that I'm falling for your trap. I don't feel the need to win anything. I'm not the one who feels like he has "unfinished business." That's all you, Juggs.

Juggs
11-27-2013, 05:14 PM
I've made an attempt at continuing the discussion. You keep bringing it down though. I would venture to guess you won't be able to leave this post alone. It will eat at you not getting the last word.