PDA

View Full Version : I still wouldn't vote for the guy, but would you?

AJBIGJ
11-20-2013, 05:49 AM
Apparently, Romney would have fared better if the elections were held in 2013? Do you agree or disagree?
Polls favor Romney over Obama:
http://rt.com/usa/obama-romney-aca-poll-984/

Monkey
11-20-2013, 10:43 AM
If the elections were in 2013, I'm not sure Romney would have been the man on the ticket. I think this poll really just shows that the public isn't too thrilled with what has happened over the past year.

Vrake
11-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Romney would have huge fodder over the " I promises" hmmm no sequestration, everyone keeps their healthcare if they want to and oh and that whole transparent administration thing... Not that he would have been better but the sheepole don't care anymore. We have raised the next generation to only care about themselves. Damm the deficit full speed ahead!!

Bunch
11-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Still vote for Obama. The poll is representative of the dissapointment that people have over the rollout of ACA mainly.

USAF-Controller
11-20-2013, 11:38 AM
I would also vote for the President. You vote for the person who is most in line with your beliefs on the issues.

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 12:22 PM
I voted in 2012 more to keep Romney out than anything else. Ironically, out of all the GOP candidates, he was the second least of the evils after Huntsman.

Unless the GOP can shake off the Tea Party AND stop their voters from going Libertarian or... even to an actual "Tea Party" should they get shaken off by the GOP and start nominating their own separate candidates... the GOP is done for.

The GOP's best bet is to ditch the Southern Strategy and go back to its Lincoln to Eisenhower days.

efmbman
11-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Still vote for Obama. The poll is representative of the dissapointment that people have over the rollout of ACA mainly.

Agreed. Most people remember the most recent disapointment rather than the past pleasure. The electorate can be fickle. "What have you done (or not done) for me lately?"

I would also vote for the President. You vote for the person who is most in line with your beliefs on the issues.

Agreed. It is not realistic to think any candidate will have 100% of your beliefs, so you try to find what is most important and make a decision based on that.

I voted in 2012 more to keep Romney out than anything else. Ironically, out of all the GOP candidates, he was the second least of the evils after Huntsman.

What was your impression of Cain?

Unless the GOP can shake off the Tea Party AND stop their voters from going Libertarian or... even to an actual "Tea Party" should they get shaken off by the GOP and start nominating their own separate candidates... the GOP is done for.

The GOP's best bet is to ditch the Southern Strategy and go back to its Lincoln to Eisenhower days.

Agreed as well. As a (supposed*) Libertarian with conservative leanings, the Tea Party is the extremist type that people fear. At least they come across that way. That may not be their message, but that is how it appears to me.

* I took a few of those online "tests" which claim to give your political stance based on a series of questions. Overall, I think the questions are BS based on the limited answers.

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 12:39 PM
What was your impression of Cain?

I consider him a tie with Newt Gingrich for being the worst. Newt was a teabagger. With Cain, that "999" was pure evil. I doubt he'd actually be able to pull that off anyway... which would probably force him to do a bunch of work-around that would screw things up worse. The 999 was so bad, that even Rick Perry - all of people - dug into Cain about how that shift the tax burden down to the poor.

71Fish
11-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I still would have voted for Romney. I personally always prefer an ex gov over a senator. Especially a senator who has never "earned" anything.
Back in 08 I couldn't pull the lever for either of those clowns so I went 3rd party.

With Romney's increasing numbers, it's a case of buyers remorse for BHO. A lot of stuff has come out since the election making it look like things were purposely hidden or fabricated to hide how bad things were/are.
You probably won't find that stuff watching Rachel Maddow.

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 01:15 PM
I still would have voted for Romney. I personally always prefer an ex gov over a senator. Especially a senator who has never "earned" anything.
Back in 08 I couldn't pull the lever for either of those clowns so I went 3rd party.

...did that always matter to you, or does it simply now in retrospect? Looking back in history, I really can't see any common characteristics among ex-governor presidents and ex-senator presidents that distinguish them from each other.

With Romney's increasing numbers, it's a case of buyers remorse for BHO.

I doubt that. If you hate Obama now, you probably did LONG before Election Day of 2012.

71Fish
11-20-2013, 01:20 PM
...did that always matter to you, or does it simply now in retrospect? Looking back in history, I really can't see any common characteristics among ex-governor presidents and ex-senator presidents that distinguish them from each other.

I doubt that. If you hate Obama now, you probably did LONG before Election Day of 2012.

Yes it has always mattered to me. At least as long as I have been voting.

If 52% (or thereabouts) voted for Obama, now 65%+ disapprove, that is buyers remorse. Same thing happened with Bush.

I may look more favorably on Obama as years go by, just like I do with Clinton. Even W's favorable rating is improving with time.

TJMAC77SP
11-20-2013, 01:27 PM

Hate !?!!? Where is the hate?

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 01:29 PM
If 52% (or thereabouts) voted for Obama, now 65%+ disapprove, that is buyers remorse. Same thing happened with Bush.

The approval rate doesn't take into account whether or not the respondents even voted at all. As we all know, there are far many more people with opinions than there are who voted.

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Hate !?!!? Where is the hate?

Semantics. If you don't want me to use that word anymore, pick another one for me and I'll use it. Anything to get you off of my nuts about that.

TJMAC77SP
11-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Semantics. If you don't want me to use that word anymore, pick another one for me and I'll use it. Anything to get you off of my nuts about that.

You don't know any other words?

EDIT: I had an epiphany............radical as this may seem..................use the actual words the poster uses in replying to same.

AFcynic
11-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I would still vote for Obama, unless Bernie Sanders was running.

Everybody is disappointed/angry/upset/insert word here about the ACA rollout, but it'll work itself out eventually. Patience is a virtue, right?

AJBIGJ
11-20-2013, 02:20 PM
I have to agree with (just about everybody's) analysis that this is somewhat of a "What have you done for me lately" kind of statistic. Ideology aside for the moment, I see two major events that seem to reflect on the general opinion polls directed towards elected officials in our government. Obviously the ACA rollout is not reflecting well towards just about anyone with the 'D' in parantheses. The 'R' category is still trying to rebuild PR from the shutdown, despite what factually occurred, I would state that by a large margin Americans lay the blame square on the feet of Republicans and especially the Tea Party.

If I was to classify the state of politics in this day and age I would state that the results of elections are not very much affected by ideology nor results. Both of those items are fairly controversial when the former and the latter are analyzed. What does seem to drive the direction of the nation is effectively smart marketing. I think, holistically speaking at least, politicians have done a better job convincing us that we think we want the "products and services" they have to offer then we ever really wanted to begin with. Obviously, this doesn't apply comprehensively towards every individual, but I think many people are just so sick/tired/apathetic/ignorant of politics to begin with, that it just appears easier to just let the politicians and the media to tell us who to vote for. I also would be remiss to ignore the factor that campaign financing appears to play in the outcome of elections.

Rainmaker
11-20-2013, 05:58 PM
The 47% comment cost Romney the election and Even though it hurt their feelings. People are coming to the realization that he was right and it's game over once more than 1/2 the population live off the state.

Couple that with perpetual stagnating wages and perpetual Trillion $ a year taxpayer backed, interest-free loans to enrich Wall street Oligarchs, Perpetual war for Perpetual peace ,30 Million more uninvited, Mexican babies to feed, NSA Stasi, Marxist Gun grabbing attempts, Polar bear Hunting, , etc. etc. and only a self-hating, delusional liberal idiot or a card carrying member of the Free Shit Army could still possibly think that the Reverend Doctor Barry Hussein Obama was the right choice even though Mitt probably wouldn't have been much better.

71Fish
11-20-2013, 06:46 PM
The 47% comment cost Romney the election and Even though it hurt their feelings. People are coming to the realization that he was right and it's game over once more than 1/2 the population live off the state.

Couple that with perpetual stagnating wages and perpetual Trillion $ a year taxpayer backed, interest-free loans to enrich Wall street Oligarchs, Perpetual war for Perpetual peace ,30 Million more uninvited, Mexican babies to feed, NSA Stasi, Marxist Gun grabbing attempts, Polar bear Hunting, , etc. etc. and only a self-hating, delusional liberal idiot or a card carrying member of the Free Shit Army could still possibly think that the Reverend Doctor Barry Hussein Obama was the right choice even though Mitt probably wouldn't have been much better.

That 47% weren't going to vote for Romney anyway, so I don't think it hurt him all that much.

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 07:26 PM

TJ, if you ask me, I think Rainmaker is worse than WJ5. To be honest, I like WJ5. I actually miss the guy when he hasn't posted here for awhile. I could have a few drinks with WJ5 and argue with him all day and have a good time.

I can't say the same for Rainmaker. Right here, he's pointing out "30 million Mexican babies to feed," but if you call him out on it, he'll respond with emasculating language about being PC or people's feelings being hurt, etc. I'd like to hear him talk the same shit on the west side of San Antonio; and see if he doesn't get more than just his "feelings" hurt.

That 47% weren't going to vote for Romney anyway, so I don't think it hurt him all that much.

I agree that the 47% speech neither help nor hurt him. If you agreed with him, you were going to vote for him anyway. If you disagreed with him, you weren't going to vote for him anyway.

Rainmaker
11-20-2013, 08:39 PM
TJ, if you ask me, I think Rainmaker is worse than WJ5. To be honest, I like WJ5. I actually miss the guy when he hasn't posted here for awhile. I could have a few drinks with WJ5 and argue with him all day and have a good time.

I can't say the same for Rainmaker. Right here, he's pointing out "30 million Mexican babies to feed," but if you call him out on it, he'll respond with emasculating language about being PC or people's feelings being hurt, etc. I'd like to hear him talk the same shit on the west side of San Antonio; and see if he doesn't get more than just his "feelings" hurt.

I agree that the 47% speech neither help nor hurt him. If you agreed with him, you were going to vote for him anyway. If you disagreed with him, you weren't going to vote for him anyway.

oh well how a big a boy are you slick? and Call me out on what? Not wanting to support 30 million Mexican kids at the expense of our own? Rainmaker don't feel it's his duty to support kids of lawbreakers that don't/can't assimilate or just want to get on the dole. not that it matters much but, Rainmaker happen to have lived in a barrio or two in Tejas in his day and while he don't have any particular fodness for their culture he don't have any ill will toward them neither. Far as Rainmaker and the rest of the majority US CITIZENS. They can keep that great culture all to themselves in Mexico. Rainmaker's ill will is directed toward the self rightous libtards trying to force their Multicultural utopion fantasy on the rest of us. On our own dime and calling us Racists if we don't like it. How has NAFTA worked out for Mexico anyway? Any white person that thinks the "browning of America" is the best thing for our country going forward must hate himself and his own children. Now run along and go drink your low carb, gluten free beer with the rest of the flamers out there in berkeley chump.

Rainmaker
11-20-2013, 08:54 PM

That was the point. it hurt him with the 2-3% that were on the fence and don't want to hear the truth. That 2-3% is waking the fuck up and will swing red or 3rd party in 16. The Oligarch's Amnesty fantasy is DOA. and so probably around 2020 or 2024. peeps will figure out and we may finally see a legit 3rd party president elected when the Boomer's die off and the Millenials get control.

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 08:57 PM
oh well how a big a boy are you slick?

I'm least big enough to tell you with certainty that I have never once said anything on MTF that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

and Call me out on what? Not wanting to support 30 million Mexican kids at the expense of our own? Rainmaker don't feel it's his duty to support kids of lawbreakers that don't/can't assimilate or just want to get on the dole.

Which is a load of crap. Because as soon as "our own" need help, you're ready to speak ill of them and rant on why they don't deserve that help. And, of course... you think they need to "assimilate."

You see this, TJ? I've never once seen WJ5 say shit like this. Have you? Not saying that he hasn't crossed a line or two, but insinuating that all should assimilate? That's beyond ridiculous.

not that it matters much but, Rainmaker happen to have lived in a barrio or two in Tejas in his day and while he don't have any particular fodness for their culture he don't have any ill will toward them neither.

And your ability to type this shows that you knew to keep your mouth shut. And talk shit HERE instead.

Far as Rainmaker and the rest of the majority US CITIZENS. They can keep that great culture all to themselves in Mexico. Rainmaker's ill will is directed toward the self rightous libtards trying to force their Multicultural utopion fantasy on the rest of us. How has NAFTA worked out for Mexico anyway? Any white person that thinks the "browning of America" is the best thing for our country going forward must hate himself and his own children.

All this, and especially that last paragraph. Tsk, tsk.

Rainmaker
11-20-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm least big enough to tell you with certainty that I have never once said anything on MTF that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

Which is a load of crap. Because as soon as "our own" need help, you're ready to speak ill of them and rant on why they don't deserve that help. And, of course... you think they need to "assimilate."

You see this, TJ? I've never once seen WJ5 say shit like this. Have you? Not saying that he hasn't crossed a line or two, but insinuating that all should assimilate? That's beyond ridiculous.

And your ability to type this shows that you knew to keep your mouth shut. And talk shit HERE instead.

All this, and especially that last paragraph. Tsk, tsk.

blah blah blah...you a bad dude and a moral crusader to boot.

Rusty Jones
11-20-2013, 09:39 PM
blah blah blah...you a bad dude and a moral crusader to boot.

Looks like you don't want anymore of this. I wouldn't either.

Rainmaker
11-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Looks like you don't want anymore of this. I wouldn't either.

Rainmaker just don't care to get dragged down into the circular argument. we've had it before. Usually It goes like this. Rainmaker presents objective facts for consideration. You answer by calling calling him a racist that hates black people. and dozens of non sensical youtube videos about the Pruit Igoe myth. It's pointless. Last time you got banned and Rainmaker got warned. Rainmaker got better things to do (like working and spending time with his white children and neighbors)

Rusty Jones
11-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Rainmaker just don't care to get dragged down into the circular argument. we've had it before. Usually It goes like this. Rainmaker presents objective facts for consideration.

If your minstrel show postings aren't an indicator of how much of joke you are, this is.

You answer by calling calling him a racist that hates black people.

And Mexicans.

and dozens of non sensical youtube videos about the Pruit Igoe myth.

In a conversation about public housing. Certainly the right time and place.

It's pointless. Last time you got banned and Rainmaker got warned.

I got banned over an exchange I had with Juggs (who also got banned), not you.

Rainmaker got better things to do (like working and spending time with his white children and neighbors)

Bubbye! I know you don't want anymore. So take your little ass home, and do your thing.