PDA

View Full Version : Fat Leonard fallout- Officers talk growing bribery scandal and "epic-parties"

BURAWSKI
11-17-2013, 04:35 AM
This appears to be a growing scandal about to get bigger. I wonder how far it will go?

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20131115/NEWS06/311150017/-Fat-Leonard-fallout-Officers-talk-growing-bribery-scandal-epic-parties-

Gonzo432
11-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Fat Leonard Fallout, sounds like a band.

Bribery involving where ships go into port, in an area of the world that has AQ-affiliated groups, a whole lotta brass involved. I think this has some legs, its a bigger deal than the AFRICOM/CC jet-setting like a rock star. They'll keep digging, but will it involve someone who can stall the whole thing until it goes away? Will they just crucify the first enlisted troop they find and give the brass LOCs?? We shall see. That's one thing about the Information Age: nothing just goes away anymore.

BURAWSKI
11-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Fat Leonard Fallout, sounds like a band.

Bribery involving where ships go into port, in an area of the world that has AQ-affiliated groups, a whole lotta brass involved. I think this has some legs, its a bigger deal than the AFRICOM/CC jet-setting like a rock star. They'll keep digging, but will it involve someone who can stall the whole thing until it goes away? Will they just crucify the first enlisted troop they find and give the brass LOCs?? We shall see. That's one thing about the Information Age: nothing just goes away anymore.

I think you are right about that. Consider that the investigation is looking at going back to a possible 10+ year time frame. I thought statute of limitations might apply, but I am no lawyer. That's a lot of time! Going back that far I wonder how many flag officers that would entail? -- That name is strange too. As soon as I heard it I thought of Fat Albert . Anyway, it will be interesting to follow. Stand by for heavy rolls and rough seas!

Gonzo432
11-19-2013, 01:06 AM
I think you are right about that. Consider that the investigation is looking at going back to a possible 10+ year time frame. I thought statute of limitations might apply, but I am no lawyer. That's a lot of time! Going back that far I wonder how many flag officers that would entail? -- That name is strange too. As soon as I heard it I thought of Fat Albert . Anyway, it will be interesting to follow. Stand by for heavy rolls and rough seas!

HEY-HEY-HEY!!
It's FAAAAAATTTTT Leonard
And I might have a bribe for you
And I might get you a hooker or two

BURAWSKI
11-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Power corrupts. Although these Sailors should have resisted the temptation. I see no reason for it. But it goes to show you that anyone can be tempted, whether we succumb to it or not is another story.

ExChief
11-19-2013, 08:35 PM
This is definitely one the Navy wants to make go away. Being that NCIS is also on the hook for this one, You can be rest assured that numerous facts surrounding the investigation will be either quashed, or disregarded entirely. You might see a few letters of reprimand handed out at most...or a few retirements with nothing lost. Anchors Aweigh!:yourock:

navyskcs
11-20-2013, 08:34 PM
This appears to be a growing scandal about to get bigger. I wonder how far it will go?

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20131115/NEWS06/311150017/-Fat-Leonard-fallout-Officers-talk-growing-bribery-scandal-epic-parties-

If they go back to he 80's and early 90's they will find a guy name Al Torooni who owned the pier in Bahrain before the Navy built up it's forces there. He was able to charge whatever he wanted for the pier use and husbanding services and he was often invited to Navy functions such as Change of Commands and receptions. He was a pretty shady guy as well....