PDA

View Full Version : ...and Sheena was man.

Okie
11-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Air Force Times: http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20131112/NEWS06/311120020/Witnesses-Woman-punched-Air-Force-officer-repeatedly-after-he-groped-her

VCO
11-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Nice twist.

DWWSWWD
11-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Of course I knew it was a man. That's why I slapped him on the ass and said, "good game". Nothing sexual about it.

Rusty Jones
11-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Every man talks shit about how they'd do the Crocodile Dundee "baggage check" if approached by a woman who was fairly attractive while something seemed a little "not right" about her.

I wonder how many would actually do it.

71Fish
11-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Reminds me of a movie from the 80's. This guy was making out with a "girl" and reached down to the crotch area and started screaming "she's got balls, she's got balls!". Can't remember the name the name of the movie now.

imnohero
11-13-2013, 08:53 PM
And once again, a simple "no touching" rule would have saved this guy a beating and a court appearance.

BENDER56
11-13-2013, 09:14 PM
And once again, a simple "no touching" rule would have saved this guy a beating and a court appearance.

I know, right? It's so easy even a child can do it.

... or, perhaps, can't do it.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/11/13/brickbat-youre-it

Absinthe Anecdote
11-13-2013, 09:32 PM
I called this back when he first got arrested. When it was disclosed that it happened in front of Fredie's, I knew a tranny was involved. From the tranny's testimony it sounds that Krusinski was ok with the idea of taking her home.

imnohero
11-13-2013, 10:18 PM
AA, I've read the article a couple times now...I'm not sure based on it, that the person that punched him was a transsexual. It says one of the employees he groped earlier was. Crappy reporting strikes again?

Honestly, I'm not really sure that it matters. The whole thing would be sardonically funny if it weren't so pathetic and embarassing.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-13-2013, 11:20 PM
AA, I've read the article a couple times now...I'm not sure based on it, that the person that punched him was a transsexual. It says one of the employees he groped earlier was. Crappy reporting strikes again?

Honestly, I'm not really sure that it matters. The whole thing would be sardonically funny if it weren't so pathetic and embarassing.

Yes, you are right, but I knew there was a tranny connected to the story somehow and there was! That is what put him in the grope mode to begin with. From what I've gathered from earlier stories, the staff at Freddy's was somewhat tolerant of his antics and tried to move him along.

This happened as the bar was closing for the night and the street was full of people and apparently he stumbled from the tranny to the girl that punched his lights out. He was drunk and acting stupid and got punched for his effort.

Bunch
11-14-2013, 02:34 AM
Well he was found not guity... So at least he hasthat going for him... Not that it will do much for his career anyways.

technomage1
11-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Well, at least he got a good (and deserved) beating out of it, I guess.

Can you imagine having to work for this guy? I'd dissolve in laughter every time I looked at him.

CJSmith
11-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Reminds me of a movie from the 80's. This guy was making out with a "girl" and reached down to the crotch area and started screaming "she's got balls, she's got balls!". Can't remember the name the name of the movie now.

Crocodile Dundee. Classic movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzrE8lGJds&app=desktop

Absinthe Anecdote
11-14-2013, 11:31 AM
From the Washington Post:

An Air Force colonel accused of assaulting a young woman outside a Crystal City bar this past spring has been acquitted by an Arlington jury.

Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski, 42, was head of the Air Force’s sexual assault prevention branch when he was arrested after the May encounter outside a Crystal City bar. The incident was swept up in an ongoing debate over whether the military is equipped to handle sexual assaults among its ranks.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys finished their final pitches to jurors about 3:30 pm. Arlington County Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Cari Steele asked them to focus on Krusinski’s grabbing of the woman’s buttocks when she clearly “didn’t like it” and ignore what she termed “distractions” posed by his defense attorneys.

“She felt totally violated,” Steele said. “That’s what this case is about.”

Barry Coburn, Krusinski’s attorney, highlighted what he called inconsistencies in the woman’s account of a fracas after the alleged grab, and said those were enough to give jurors reasonable doubt. He hinted that Krusinski might have grazed the woman by accident on a narrow sidewalk.

On Tuesday, the woman, a 23-year-old American University graduate, testified emotionally about the encounter with Krusinski, saying she felt “totally violated.” She said she was on the phone with a friend outside Freddie’s Beach Bar when Krusinski came up behind her, gave her behind a “squeeze,” and “asked me if I liked it.”

The woman said she followed Krusinksi and confronted him, pushing and punching him in the face.

A server from the bar testified that she too was groped by Krusinski that night, along with one of her co-workers.

“He was just a drunken mess,” the server, Jordain Coleman, testified. She said Krusinski offered to take her home with him. Coleman told jurors that she was used to dealing with drunk customers and brushed him off, only to watch him approach and grope the 23-year-old woman.

“I don’t blame her, but she went crazy on him,” Coleman said.

On Wednesday morning, Krusinski’s lawyers asked unsuccessfully for a mistrial, saying that after Coleman’s testimony, Krusinski could not possibly get a fair verdict. In a previous hearing, they had attempted to exclude some of that testimony.

The defense focused Wednesday on the actions during and after the woman’s encounter with Krusinski. Two witnesses testified that they saw the woman hit Krusinski repeatedly with both hands, one of which held her cellphone. She had testified that she hit him only with her right hand, with the phone in her left.

A bartender from Freddie’s testified that Krusinski approached the back entrance of the bar from the parking lot after the encounter, his face “awash in blood.” Ray Martin, the bartender, gave Krusinski a wet rag and called an ambulance.

Krusinski was initially charged with sexual battery, but prosecutors ultimately moved forward with an assault charge. Arlington Commonwealth’s Attorney Theo Stamos said prosecutors decided that the way the sexual battery statute is written and has been interpreted by appellate courts made an assault charge more appropriate.

Assault is a Class 1 misdemeanor, with a maximum punishment of a $2,500 fine and a year in jail.

The alleged incident came amid a political fight over how the military should handle complaints of sexual harassment and assault. Some lawmakers are pushing for cases to be taken out of the chain of command. The Pentagon has resisted that and instead revamped sexual assault policies.

A recently released Pentagon report found that reports of sexual assault in the military increased 46 percent to 3,553 reports this fiscal year, a spike Defense Department officials portrayed as a sign that victims now feel more comfortable coming forward.

Krusinski was assigned to another position after his arrest, and Air Force officials had said that they would wait until the legal proceedings were over to take any action.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/jeffrey-krusinski-air-force-colonel-accused-of-assault-goes-on-trial-in-arlington/2013/11/13/04aa0dfa-4c9f-11e3-ac54-aa84301ced81_story.html

So, it really isn't over... Can the Air Force charge him with drunk and disorderly?

OtisRNeedleman
11-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I see Jeff retiring ASAP, possibly as a major.

raider8169
11-14-2013, 09:52 PM
They can always get with him unbecoming of an officer. Im sure they will add a few other things and his is just buying time till they kick him our or force retire him.

Capt Alfredo
11-14-2013, 11:55 PM
I see Jeff retiring ASAP, possibly as a major.

I'd fight the hell out of that one. He was acquitted. I know that won't be worth crap after the not-double-jeopardy-but-really-double-jeopardy hits him, but this whole thing stinks.

imnohero
11-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I'd fight the hell out of that one. He was acquitted. I know that won't be worth crap after the not-double-jeopardy-but-really-double-jeopardy hits him, but this whole thing stinks.

He was still drunk and stupid in public. That he didn't get found guilty of assault doesn't mean all the rest of that "undesirable to the AF" behavior didn't happen. (not to mention being front line news and a huge public embarassment to the service)

By my reckoning, he'll get a letter of admonishment or reprimand, which will kill his promotion opportunities and therefore his long term career. If I were in his shoes and retirement eligible, I'd ASK for retirement in lieu of whatever. Any victory he pulled out of fighting Big Blue would be a pyrrhic one.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-15-2013, 01:51 AM
I agree with imnohero, just because he wasn't convicted of a crime doesn't mean that he didn't get drunk and stumble into front-page headlines and embarrass the Air Force.

It's bad enough when a junior enlisted troop gets drunk in Japan and stumbles into the wrong apartment and then wakes up on the front page of every newspaper on the planet.

Krusinski is a field grade officer and should be able to display a hell of a lot more maturity than an A1C.

Just my opinion, but getting into an alcohol related incident like that in your forties is an indicator of a serious alcohol problem. I'd bet there is a good chance this guy has been a high functioning alcoholic for years and it finally caught up to him.

If true, I hope he gets some help, but he needs to resign his commission and step away from the Air Force.

There is life after the Air Force and he needs to go find it. He's done and doesn't deserve a second chance; this has nothing to do with double jeopardy, it's about salvaging what little honor he has left.

OtisRNeedleman
11-15-2013, 04:37 AM

Sure does. In the AAF (Adult Air Force) Jeff would have been chewed out and put in another job. In today's Air Force, where a Senator has caused a three-star to retire for just doing her job, Jeff has no chance. None whatsoever. If Jeff goes quietly he just might get to retire as a lieutenant colonel. He should put his papers in immediately. Anyway, for a single guy an O-5 pension isn't bad at all.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Sure does. In the AAF (Adult Air Force) Jeff would have been chewed out and put in another job. In today's Air Force, where a Senator has caused a three-star to retire for just doing her job, Jeff has no chance. None whatsoever. If Jeff goes quietly he just might get to retire as a lieutenant colonel. He should put his papers in immediately. Anyway, for a single guy an O-5 pension isn't bad at all.

WTF?

In the AAF they also used to chain smoke Lucky Strikes and slick their hair back with big gooey globs of pomade. They also didn't have mass communication and news media like we do today.

A lot of things have changed since those days and for the better in most instances.

You surely aren't in favor of giving this guy a pass, are you?

RetC141BFCC
11-15-2013, 01:10 PM
WTF?

In the AAF they also used to chain smoke Lucky Strikes and slick their hair back with big gooey globs of pomade. They also didn't have mass communication and news media like we do today.

A lot of things have changed since those days and for the better in most instances.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. That is the main problem with the AF when I retired and it seems to be getting worse now. PC Bullshit. He was found Not Guilty what is so hard to understand? I do believe he should be given a LOR for conduct on becoming. Drop his paperwork and retire. My big question is why hasn’t the so called victim been charged with perjury? She testified that she hit him 3 times. Witnesses say she hit him numerous times and hit him with a cell phone. To me that’s perjury.

raider8169
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. That is the main problem with the AF when I retired and it seems to be getting worse now. PC Bullshit. He was found Not Guilty what is so hard to understand? I do believe he should be given a LOR for conduct on becoming. Drop his paperwork and retire. My big question is why hasn’t the so called victim been charged with perjury? She testified that she hit him 3 times. Witnesses say she hit him numerous times and hit him with a cell phone. To me that’s perjury.

To her she might remember it as that. You have no clue what kind of mental state she was in and wasnt thinking clearly. She may have lied on purpose but I could see it if she didnt lie on purpose.

RetC141BFCC
11-15-2013, 03:40 PM
To her she might remember it as that. You have no clue what kind of mental state she was in and wasnt thinking clearly. She may have lied on purpose but I could see it if she didnt lie on purpose.

Ok I will have to agree with you on that one. But it does not changed the fact that he was found not guilty. He needs to drop his paperwork and retire the day he has 20 years in and not be a pawn in the PC game

OtisRNeedleman
11-15-2013, 09:36 PM
WTF?

Depends what you call a "pass", I'd say. Chewing him out and transferring him to another job isn't a pass. Jeff would understand another screwup means the end of his career for sure. As it is, he would never make O-6.

In the AAF, which lasted into the 90's, everyone wasn't tried in the media before their day in court. And there was plenty of mass communication then - newspapers, TV, radio, magazines, and the budding Internet.

Agree many things have changed over the years, but not always for the better. The AAF generally treated people like professionals and adults, and people generally performed like professionals and adults. When you had a problem you couldn't handle on your own, you let someone know and help was available. Today's AF is infantilizing the force... "resiliency", "wingmen", etc. In the AAF, resiliency was a given. Adults don't need "wingmen" unless they are fighter pilots flying in a formation.

The AAF, while certainly cognizant of and responsive to civilian authority, didn't run scared like today's AF. We've seen some old biddy in Congress run off a three-star general for doing her job. Did the CSAF stand up for Lt Gen Helms? Don't know.

Speaking of smoking, the AAF took measures to limit where people could smoke. I liked that, being a non-smoker myself.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Depends what you call a "pass", I'd say. Chewing him out and transferring him to another job isn't a pass. Jeff would understand another screwup means the end of his career for sure. As it is, he would never make O-6.

In the AAF, which lasted into the 90's, everyone wasn't tried in the media before their day in court. And there was plenty of mass communication then - newspapers, TV, radio, magazines, and the budding Internet.

Agree many things have changed over the years, but not always for the better. The AAF generally treated people like professionals and adults, and people generally performed like professionals and adults. When you had a problem you couldn't handle on your own, you let someone know and help was available. Today's AF is infantilizing the force... "resiliency", "wingmen", etc. In the AAF, resiliency was a given. Adults don't need "wingmen" unless they are fighter pilots flying in a formation.

The AAF, while certainly cognizant of and responsive to civilian authority, didn't run scared like today's AF. We've seen some old biddy in Congress run off a three-star general for doing her job. Did the CSAF stand up for Lt Gen Helms? Don't know.

Speaking of smoking, the AAF took measures to limit where people could smoke. I liked that, being a non-smoker myself.

Oh my goodness! If that isn't a free pass, I don't know what is. I don't think Jeff should be prosecuted for the same offense of assault, but he should be prosecuted for drunk and disorderly and/or conduct unbecoming. For a field grade officer this should be a career ender.

As for reduction in rank, I can't really say, perhaps not? I can say that I would not want the man to have the privilege to be in command of our young troops after this.

Otis, my friend, you are truly cracking me up on this one.

As for my remarks on Lucky Strikes and pomade, you realize I was making a joke about your use of AAF (Adult Air Force) versus the AAF (Army Air Force) of the 1940s.

Regardless, my point was perhaps you are looking through the lens of nostalgia?

The "good old days" weren't always so good; there were problems and tremendous quantities of bullshit back in the day, just as there are today.

I think our society (at large) has made some great progress in the past 60 years; we are much more open about our short comings and we have a tremendous amount of information at our fingertips.

True, we are still the same fragile and fallible human beings that we have always been, and when we conquer one problem another seems to pop up in its place.

As for political correctness, that crap has always been around too; the face of it just changes from decade to decade; we've always used language to manipulate each other's values and emotions.

We just do it on a mass and near instantaneous scale these days.

Call me crazy, but I see reason to be optimistic about the future, not just for the Air Force, but for society.

PS

What's wrong with encouraging our young people to look out for each other. There is nothing wrong with having a wingman in the barracks. You don't have to be a fighter jock to help out the people around you.

technomage1
11-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Well today were under much more of a spotlight and the lt col....and sheena was a man....BBBBWWWAAAAHHAHAHAHAH....

I'm sorry, what was I saying?