PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing threads

Shadowless
11-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Does anyone else notice certain threads disappearing? I posted one yesterday and it's already gone and hasn't been moved.

Bunch
11-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Does anyone else notice certain threads disappearing? I posted one yesterday and it's already gone and hasn't been moved.

If you are talking about the Korea thread... Some people here threadjacked it and started using it to promote hate speech against muslims and I guess it was closed and/or deleted.

BENDER56
11-10-2013, 03:30 PM
This thread DOES NOT have an Air Force-related topic and doesn't belong here! I call upon the mods to remove it.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I think we need to appoint a "thread detective" to investigate the disappearing threads. We clearly need another layer of scrutiny in here!

If you guys don't want thread detectives, then we should have green ropes like in tech school.

The moderators can be yellow ropes.

technomage1
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I posted my displeasure at the thread being deleted once already in the thread wars thread in the questions section. I'm kind of surprised the mods haven't moved this thread there but the day is still young.

To briefly recap, to delete an entire thread for some offending posts in it is wrong to me and unfair to the posters who did follow the rules. There needs to be consistency about how the rules are applied and, if the mods dint want us complaining on the boards, a grievance process such as a general email that all mods get or a listing of which mods to contact for which area.

TJMAC77SP
11-10-2013, 11:30 PM
If you are talking about the Korea thread... Some people here threadjacked it and started using it to promote hate speech against muslims and I guess it was closed and/or deleted.

The offending posts must have been few and posted late yesterday because I checked that thread yesterday and don't remember any hate speech against anyone.

Capt Alfredo
11-11-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm sure the mods "made a mistake" in deleting the thread in question.

Bunch
11-11-2013, 01:09 AM
The offending posts must have been few and posted late yesterday because I checked that thread yesterday and don't remember any hate speech against anyone.

Yes it was late yesterday. Usually around the time when most of the drunk posting occurs.

Bunch
11-11-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm sure the mods "made a mistake" in deleting the thread in question.

I dont think "it was a mistake" there were some pretty awful ethnic slurs and hate speech being thrown around.

technomage1
11-11-2013, 02:46 AM
I dont think "it was a mistake" there were some pretty awful ethnic slurs and hate speech being thrown around.

I think it was a mistake to delete the entire thread, which I think might be capt Alfredo's point. Deleting offensive posts like the ones i saw yesterday I don't have an issue with.

Capt Alfredo
11-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Yeah, not sure how hard it is to just edit/delete the offending posts rather than killing the whole thread.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
If we only had Tak and Robot Chicken here on the forums. They could have called the offending posters ass clowns and then posted 501 emoticons.

People don't seem to realize how powerful that B.S flag emoticon was when coupled with the wizard smiley that conjures a dragon and then gets eaten by the dragon.

That always stops racial and ethnic slurs in their tracks and those spy face emoticons were effective at keeping them away.

RS6405
11-11-2013, 12:56 PM
If we only had Tak and Robot Chicken here on the forums. They could have called the offending posters ass clowns and then posted 501 emoticons.

People don't seem to realize how powerful that B.S flag emoticon was when coupled with the wizard smiley that conjures a dragon and then gets eaten by the dragon.

That always stops racial and ethnic slurs in their tracks and those spy face emoticons were effective at keeping them away.

Yep, it is so much better to have catty comments instead. Thank god you are hooked up with the Mod Squad, so we can enjoy the snarks without censorship. :becky

sandsjames
11-11-2013, 01:14 PM
I think we need to appoint a "thread detective" to investigate the disappearing threads. We clearly need another layer of scrutiny in here!

If you guys don't want thread detectives, then we should have green ropes like in tech school.

The moderators can be yellow ropes.

There used to be a "thread_cop" around here...didn't work out so well

BRUWIN
11-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah, not sure how hard it is to just edit/delete the offending posts rather than killing the whole thread.

North Koreans do the same thing. They don't just delete the original poster, they delete the two generations of family associated with the poster as well and they are all sent to the gulags.

VCO
11-11-2013, 08:17 PM

Yeah... Pretty strong stuff for sure.

TJMAC77SP
11-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah... Pretty strong stuff for sure.

Guess most of us will have to take that at face value.

Drackore
11-13-2013, 08:36 AM
I find myself coming here less and less because of the mod-nazis. I see no one has reigned them in yet.

VCO
11-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Guess most of us will have to take that at face value.

I guess so. The words uttered were so wildly powerful that they would have destroyed civilization if not deleted.

VCO
11-13-2013, 08:50 AM
I find myself coming here less and less because of the mod-nazis. I see no one has reigned them in yet.

I would hope someone would at least rein them in, if not reign them in. I hope they enjoy their forum. I don't see to many other folks active here.

I just thought of a crazy conspiracy theory. What if instead of banning certain posters based on whatever random rule they pull out of their ass that day, the mods simply redirected their IP to a dead copy of MTF. The member could keep posting, but their posts would only be viewed by other banished members...

Absinthe Anecdote
11-13-2013, 10:43 AM
I would hope someone would at least rein them in, if not reign them in. I hope they enjoy their forum. I don't see to many other folks active here.

I just thought of a crazy conspiracy theory. What if instead of banning certain posters based on whatever random rule they pull out of their ass that day, the mods simply redirected their IP to a dead copy of MTF. The member could keep posting, but their posts would only be viewed by other banished members...

That's a hauntingly creepy idea and reminds me of the "land of misfit toys" from that Rankin and Bass holiday animation about the gay elf dentist and his reindeer pal with the funny nose.