PDA

View Full Version : COMSEC...SMH!

Giant Voice
11-06-2013, 12:46 PM
So I had this conversation the other day on the phone:

Me: I need to come over tomorrow morning and get some keys. What's the earliest I can get them?

COMSEC guy: Well sir, tommorrow is breakfest.

Me: .......pause..........Really! Ok...whats the earliest I can come get them?

COMSEC guy: After breakfest.

Me: What time is that?

Him: After 0900.

Me: Cool 0900 is perfect...see you then.

Him: Oh wait. I was just told thet after Breakfest, we have a meeting then we're closed for an official function.

Me:.................longer pause.....................So exactly when will you be open again.

Him: Monday after breakfest.

Me: OK...what time will that be.

Him: Oh, PT is monday so breakfest is after that.

Me: I'll call you tuesday...click.

I really don't need to say anything else.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Why not just go have breakfast with them?

Bunch
11-06-2013, 02:07 PM

Me: I need to come over tomorrow morning and get some keys. What's the earliest I can get them?

Him: Oh wait. I was just told thet after Breakfest, we have a meeting then we're closed for an official function.

Me:.................longer pause.....................So exactly when will you be open again.

This person suffers from "Iwilldoanythinginmypowernottohelpyou" syndrome. I have met a lot of people in the Air Force and outside who suffer from that and sadly for us they end up working in customer service related positions.

imported_DannyJ
11-06-2013, 02:26 PM

I would have asked for a supervisor by about the second "uh".

Giant Voice
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I probably should have pull the super into it, but in the end they didn't even have my keys because I didn't submit in an mfr what I needed(I did it verbally over the phone a few days earlier and they forgot to order them). Don't worry though. When i forgot to do the detruction report, they called me ASAP asking for it. You know, the reversepsycologycustomerservicething.

WCS
11-07-2013, 12:12 AM
This person suffers from "Iwilldoanythinginmypowernottohelpyou" syndrome. I have met a lot of people in the Air Force and outside who suffer from that and sadly for us they end up working in customer service related positions.

LOL I see it almost every day FSS is the worst then Finance type II PMEL, Com FLT

My last e-mail to FSS was so you’re refusing to do my DD form 214

WCS

giggawatt
11-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Man! Breakfast everyday then start work at 0900!? Where do I sign up?

Absinthe Anecdote
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Any good government worker knows that when the phone rings, your first objective should be to convince the caller that they need to call another office.

SomeRandomGuy
11-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Any good government worker knows that when the phone rings, your first objective should be to convince the caller that they need to call another office.

That is terrible customer service. The method I always used was this simple flowchart. By the time I was finished with the call we had always arrived at No problem.

https://497fcb87-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/interactiveflowchart/home/Problem-solving-flowchart.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7coeRbTpOPRSgAKXlkIpo iAct2JDvaRNVoxrHCjFGpd6QL0F6VkCQGc-Cpfzw4qqhS8j5FZygKBGKYs3i9qmUh1Ssmaj8MLJwK0WUYxxvd UPdPZ-C5j4N4_IyMnq8-k0iFhrAap-CpvVevQByzYFPk9pHVehIkEvhFMi8lNel0j4poF0BE-4t_uGchndYlh35v76NxjcgzNDsvIwlVvVJhzJWOuBR-f6prMk0Q55YYEr6BpFAlcTGDeH_2yj8vEtQPxmlGu1&attredirects=0

Kalbo607
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
I have palyed this game before with the COMSEC office for mission critical keys. I played the I am going to bring this to my commander and let him know you are preventing a Sec Def directed mission from not happening card. He must have thought his Mission Support Group Commander could trump the Operations Group Commander and we all know how that ends. Never had an issue with the COMSEC after that.

sandsjames
11-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Man! Breakfast everyday then start work at 0900!? Where do I sign up?

As long as you aren't on barriers, it sounds like a lot of shops I was in. Well, maybe not "official" breakfast, but usually if we were out the door at 0730 for a gen run, the run wasn't ACTUALLY until 9 or so.

BENDER56
11-08-2013, 04:39 PM

You actually answer a phone just because it's ringing?!

Rookie.

Your first objective is to ignore it.

Bunch
11-08-2013, 06:19 PM
You actually answer a phone just because it's ringing?!

Rookie.

Your first objective is to ignore it.

LOL....man this ^^^^^^^^^ just made my day....

giggawatt
11-08-2013, 06:28 PM
As long as you aren't on barriers, it sounds like a lot of shops I was in. Well, maybe not "official" breakfast, but usually if we were out the door at 0730 for a gen run, the run wasn't ACTUALLY until 9 or so.

Well, breakfast was common if gen runs were at GSUs but I've never been in a shop where breakfast was a daily occurrence. Now, my current shop, we have shop breakfast every Friday, mission permitting.

In the case of the OP, it sounds like breakfast is part of the daily routine and everything else is put on hold.