PDA

View Full Version : Mods.... Why did you remove UN fun thread?

RS6405
11-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Why was the UN fun thread removed?

The over moderation and censorship was exactly the point of that thread.

BTW Thank you for proving my point. ( imnohero are you paying attention to the answers of your earlier questions?)

It was suppose to make you guys feel uncomfortable as direct communication on the subject is ignored.

Interceptor
11-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I deleted the thread for being disruptive which is against the TOS. Creating a thread just to incite people to "bash the mods" is disruptive. There are plenty of threads going already discussing mods issues.

This is not about overmoderation or censorship, this is about following the TOS. If you can't do that then thats on you.

RS6405
11-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I disagree about the character of the thread. The theme and example was not disruptive in nature or context. It was just a demonstrative response to several of the Mods' actions.

I'm glad it invoked a response, but the conclusion that it was merely "bashing" the mods is disappointing. I am clearly countering the Mod's actions, not person. There is a difference.

As to the number of threads on the topic, first not all of those threads are of my creation, and second those threads addressed earlier conduct that seems untimely in regards to the recent actions.

Interceptor
11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
I disagree about the character of the thread. The theme and example was not disruptive in nature or context. It was just a demonstrative response to several of the Mods' actions.

I'm glad it invoked a response, but the conclusion that it was merely "bashing" the mods is disappointing. I am clearly countering the Mod's actions, not person. There is a difference.

As to the number of threads on the topic, first not all of those threads are of my creation, and second those threads addressed earlier conduct that seems untimely in regards to the recent actions.

What I was pointing out by saying that "there are other threads about mod issues" was that there is no censorship about the subject. You can discuss and/or make fun of mod issues all you want but as any other topic the TOS still apply to the discussion.

RS6405
11-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Based on your response, you must still believe you were correct in your initial conclusions about my action. Since I disagree, I will explain it further.

With all due respect, do you mean the Community Guidelines? The TOS is absent any provision, clause, or statement that would indicate I was breaking a rule or regulation here on the Forum or Gannett site since it talks about the rights and obligations as to the site and content with the exception of the reference to read the community guidelines.

Now when I examine the Community Guidelines, I found this section here:

Disruption
You're welcome to voice your opinion here, and it would be a boring place if you didn't. But if you disagree with a comment that's been made, keep it civil. Posts designed to instigate or disrupt discussions or that contain offensive material may be removed, along with other messages posted in response. Please don't use obscene or offensive language, hate speech or engage in personal attacks of other members. Bashing services on branch-specific forums or any forum is not acceptable within our communities. Posts made with the intent to belittle, harass or otherwise disrupt a community will be removed. Repeated instances of such harassment and disruption may result in a revocation of posting privileges.

I cannot see how I could be held as disrupting a discussion by creating a thread. There was no discussion prior to the creation. If anything, Imnohero attempted to disrupt my thread.

If you are claiming that I should have attached my new thoughts and insights to an old discussion; where I would take it to a place it was not intended....Well that WOULD be disrupting a prior discussion and violate the community guidelines.

I guess the question is if I was attempting to be disruptive to the community in general? That answer would rest on if someone reasonably believed that I was trying to throw the entire board into chaos or confusion.

In response to that possibility: I stated it was in honor of the Mods, not everyone. I put it in off-duty section as not to imply that it relates to an official stance or branch related. I labeled it as the un-fun thread and even posted a picture of a girl with her head resting on her fist with the intent to express boredom. I did not attempt to elicit others to revolt, just express their views.

Imnohero did provide a counter view on the subject while attacking my person implying that I was a drunk, a weekend user, an anarchist. Instead of breaking down his questions with as an honest response to his sarcastic questions, I gave an appropriate and measured response that could enable further discussions.

Mjölnir
11-03-2013, 04:41 PM
I don't think a deep examination of the Guidelines is really the way to further this conversation.

The original question was answered, RS6405 disagrees with the answer, I can honor that but the arguments over the guidelines from a small group of the overall user-base is getting to be a bit old.

/thread closed.