PDA

View Full Version : Why did they lock the TAK is banned thread?

Juggs
11-02-2013, 04:53 PM
It's kind of like Benghazi. Just stop the conversations and folks will forget.

LETS NEVER FORGET!!!!

Mjölnir
11-02-2013, 04:55 PM
If you read the last post in the thread it says exactly why.

Did that answer your question?

Juggs
11-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Not to my satisfaction. I still say REMEMBER TAK!!!

sandsjames
11-02-2013, 05:45 PM
They locked it because any thread that begins to be somewhat fun is immediately closed. We aren't here for fun, we are here for serious conversation about all things military and political. There is no room for humorous topics to be discussed (unless one of the mods likes to post "funny" pictures in it).

Mjölnir
11-02-2013, 09:35 PM
We aren't here for fun, we are here for serious conversation about all things military and political. There is no room for humorous topics to be discussed (unless one of the mods likes to post "funny" pictures in it).

No, there are threads for things not related to the military, politics, religion etc. The thread was closed since it was far removed from the reason it started. If you want to have a humorous discussion, go check out the Off Duty SubForum.

UH1FE
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
They went all MY BALL YOU CANT PLAY WITH IT!!!

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
11-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Mods- is TAK's ban permanent?

RS6405
11-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Yes.... They first banned him for 7 days then took a "secret" vote and banned him for life.

Gonzo432
11-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Yes.... They first banned him for 7 days then took a "secret" vote and banned him for life.

Is this a "double-secret probation" thing? Was Dean Wormer involved?

RS6405
11-03-2013, 02:24 AM
They put Neidermeyer on it

Mjölnir
11-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Mods- is TAK's ban permanent?

Yes, when he received his most recent infraction he was banned for 7 days. After discussion between the Moderators and the Forum Administrator his ban was changed to a permanent ban.

He wasn't banned for using the word "tits", it was him starting to complain about his "shorter leash" on MTF that was the last of a string of recent issues that led to his banning, or just a reinstatement of his previous permanent ban.

In short: When he was banned last time, after a few weeks he asked, repeatedly to be allowed to participate. He was told several times that his return was a courtesy to him and that he needed to not skirt or flirt with the Terms of Service / Community Guidelines. A few weeks after he was allowed to return, he started racking up infractions, some of which he disagreed with but that wasn't up to him either.) When he would receive an infraction it began long debates on how the Guidelines were misinterpreted or the Moderators were being "unfair". Ultimately he took his comments public, and he was banned.

technomage1
11-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Maybe we could get Gen Franklin to overturn the banning if we all write letters explaining Tak could never do that.

Mjölnir
11-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Maybe we could get Gen Franklin to overturn the banning if we all write letters explaining Tak could never do that.

The subject is probably too controversial for Gen Franklin.

BRUWIN
11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I never knew Tak to say a bad word about anybody and I can't for the life of me figure out why the mods banned him. These new mods showed up and they are like a couple of Josef Mengele's. Once they arrived they pointed some members to the gas chamber and the rest of us to these threads that are all disorganized. Since then we've become just one big giant experiment to them.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
11-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Listen, I've probably had more issues and complaints about TAK/GodFather than anyone on here; however, when he came back he acted like a changed man, contributed to the MTF in a very respectful way, and didn't once get under my skin. Nobody is perfect here, so stop expecting us to be.

Absinthe Anecdote
11-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I never knew Tak to say a bad word about anybody and I can't for the life of me figure out why the mods banned him. These new mods showed up and they are like a couple of Josef Mengele's. Once they arrived they pointed some members to the gas chamber and the rest of us to these threads that are all disorganized. Since then we've become just one big giant experiment to them.

I think they are acting like a couple of Klaus Barbie's. Don't you find it amusing that the SS had a Barbie in their ranks?

However, he looked nothing like a traditional Barbie or my personal favorite, Lilly Ghalichi, the Persian Barbie.

I would normally post a picture of her at this point, but I'm on thin ice with doing that for the time being.

We need a hot JAG lawyer like Catherine Bell to come in here and straighten this mess out.

I would normally post a picture of her at this point, but I'm on thin ice with doing that for the time being.

Mjölnir
11-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Listen, I've probably had more issues and complaints about TAK/GodFather than anyone on here; however, when he came back he acted like a changed man, contributed to the MTF in a very respectful way, and didn't once get under my skin. Nobody is perfect here, so stop expecting us to be.

Yes, at first he did. I remember commenting that I hoped he was sincere. Over time he started flirting with the guidelines and on 4 occasions violated them; based on conversations with him PRIOR to him returning he should have been banned following the 1st occasion, but we tried to work with him. Eventually it became apparent that it wasn't helping and was turning into an exercise in futility.

I don't think anyone expects ANYONE to be perfect. At the same time, I am not the oldest, smartest, or most experienced person in the world; but I am fairly patient and when I for one try to help someone and they want to play the 'ignorant' card as it pertains to the rules over and over again it gets old.

Rainmaker
11-03-2013, 02:17 PM
FREE TAK SNOWDEN

JoeRosales
11-10-2013, 11:57 PM
FREE TAK SNOWDEN

DO NOT BELIEVE THE LIES THAT ARE BEING TOLD IN HERE!

Juggs
11-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Joerosales is banned now? Was that an attempt by Tak to contact us? I feel his presence.

Gonzo432
11-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Joerosales is banned now? Was that an attempt by Tak to contact us? I feel his presence.

Is this a "Force" thing?

Juggs
11-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Is this a "Force" thing?

You bet it is.

imported_WILDJOKER5
11-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Ok, so we are now being banned without an explaination or warning to the reason why? And dont give me the excuse that there is a reason posted when we try to log in, it stays up for a sec till we are relocated to google page. And no emails to private messages so that we can debate what the "infraction" was. Come on Mods, lets be professional here.

71Fish
11-12-2013, 12:32 PM
No, there are threads for things not related to the military, politics, religion etc. The thread was closed since it was far removed from the reason it started. If you want to have a humorous discussion, go check out the Off Duty SubForum.

Moderators and moderation is what is wrong with MTF. If Military Times wants to close the forums, just close them.

20+Years
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM
And the really sad thing is these posts debating the moderation are the most interesting posts that happen now days. I'm goin back to sleep.