PDA

View Full Version : Quote about combat death in relation to cleanliness of a Marines room.

CSBurns
10-19-2013, 05:00 PM
A few weeks back in one of the Marine Times issues there was a quote at the bottom of one of the pages from one of the General Officers that mentioned deaths in combat being related to team leaders that had rooms that were not clean etc in country. I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone have a direct link to it or the exact quote etc. It was something that came out the same time the "reawakening" did. I want to read further into it.

RobotChicken
10-19-2013, 06:18 PM
A few weeks back in one of the Marine Times issues there was a quote at the bottom of one of the pages from one of the General Officers that mentioned deaths in combat being related to team leaders that had rooms that were not clean etc in country. I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone have a direct link to it or the exact quote etc. It was something that came out the same time the "reawakening" did. I want to read further into it.

:spy "New their was reason for mom telling us never to leave home without clean cloths."

Assaultdog0351
10-22-2013, 04:13 AM
I love how the small thing in life are what get you killed in combat... and NOT things like bullets and IEDs. I agree a uniform should be kept in regs, but fuck, calm that shit down. Once upon a time there was a SgtMaj Timonthy J. Rudd who said trash on the ground was an IED "PICK IT UP". I think that might be the best way to go about getting your Marines killed. And aparently if you left your door cracked to reinforce your "open door policy" with your Marines, it meant the enemy would be able to slit your throat in combat. lulz