PDA

View Full Version : slutty halloween costumes, how slutty is to slutt for a AF squadron halloween party?

veritas
10-15-2013, 01:24 AM
How about this, is this to slutty?

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/klaq.com/files/2011/11/slutty-halloween-017.jpg

I personally think its fine, but with the current focus on getting rid of anything that might be offensive, or sexual in the work place, I'm not sure how it would go over.

how about this one?

http://www.wtfcostumes.com/costumes/costumes/supergirl_sexy_costume2.jpg

again, the super man emblem promotes truth, justice and the American way, how can you go wrong with that, I'll give this one a pass as well

now this one...is questionable

http://www.wtfcostumes.com/costumes/sexy-tmnt-costumes.jpg

pretty sure you can't walk around base with ninja weapons, so i'd say no, unless they left the weapons at the armory

but enough about my opinion, please everyone post pictures of what is, and is not appropriate to wear for AF Halloween Parties

Mjölnir
10-15-2013, 01:39 AM
And again, not really related to the Air Force, even if you put "Air Force" in the thread title. Private warnings have not worked, so here is a public one: cut it out. Stop being disruptive.

veritas
10-15-2013, 04:19 AM
its specifically about air force squadron parties..how is that not AF related?

Pullinteeth
10-15-2013, 12:32 PM
How about this, is this to slutty?

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/klaq.com/files/2011/11/slutty-halloween-017.jpg

I personally think its fine, but with the current focus on getting rid of anything that might be offensive, or sexual in the work place, I'm not sure how it would go over.

how about this one?

http://www.wtfcostumes.com/costumes/costumes/supergirl_sexy_costume2.jpg

again, the super man emblem promotes truth, justice and the American way, how can you go wrong with that, I'll give this one a pass as well

now this one...is questionable

http://www.wtfcostumes.com/costumes/sexy-tmnt-costumes.jpg

pretty sure you can't walk around base with ninja weapons, so i'd say no, unless they left the weapons at the armory

but enough about my opinion, please everyone post pictures of what is, and is not appropriate to wear for AF Halloween Parties

You have obviously never been to a dorm party..... All costumes are appropriate... Of course, now chicks probably have to have a separate party from the dudes...either that or they probably have to have an electric fence between the two...

sandsjames
10-15-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't think anything is TOO slutty for Halloween. That's what it's for now. It gives women who are too scared to dress like that the rest of the year a reason to do so. I say kudos. I think we should have Halloween once a month.

TJMAC77SP
10-15-2013, 02:41 PM
I am wondering at what point will the earth tip on its axis if threads aren't placed properly when created.

71Fish
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
I am wondering at what point will the earth tip on its axis if threads aren't placed properly when created.

There are certain apopcalyptic implications to improper thread placement. Too dire to get into now.

TJMAC77SP
10-15-2013, 02:50 PM
There are certain apopcalyptic implications to improper thread placement. Too dire to get into now.

I may not have the code-word clearance

Mjölnir
10-15-2013, 02:51 PM
I think the argument being made in another thread was that the earth tip on its axis if threads aren't placed in one single forum for people who don't know how or want use a message board.

giggawatt
10-15-2013, 03:07 PM
I swear Shrike is one of the mods.

imnohero
10-15-2013, 03:22 PM
I think the argument being made in another thread was that the earth tip on its axis if threads aren't placed in one single forum for people who don't know how or want use a message board.

No kidding. You managed to get up, get dressed, drive to work, log-on, navigate to the site, but your too lazy to click the "what's new" button to see all the new activity?

Absinthe Anecdote
10-15-2013, 03:42 PM
No kidding. You managed to get up, get dressed, drive to work, log-on, navigate to the site, but your too lazy to click the "what's new" button to see all the new activity?

Cut him some slack, he is just trying to live up to the legend of the Norse gods penchant for being highly organized.

Did you know that the twin Norse gods, Abercrombie and Fitch, are known for their uncanny ability to arrange all of the gravel and sediment that gets washed out of glacial fjords? It's true, they would make sure the silt stayed with other silt and that pebbles, rocks and boulders were arranged by size.

Besides, that history channel show, Vikings, is returning for its second season soon, so we probably won't be seeing much of, Moljnir, or whatever the fuck his name is, after it comes back on.

Rainmaker
10-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Cut him some slack, he is just trying to live up to the legend of the Norse gods penchant for being highly organized.

Did you know that the twin Norse gods, Abercrombie and Fitch, are known for their uncanny ability to arrange all of the gravel and sediment that gets washed out of glacial fjords? It's true, they would make sure the silt stayed with other silt and that pebbles, rocks and boulders were arranged by size.

Besides, that history channel show, Vikings, is returning for its second season soon, so we probably won't be seeing much of, Moljnir, or whatever the fuck his name is, after it comes back on.

Legertha gotta ass like a shelf.

Capt Alfredo
10-16-2013, 12:29 AM

In all seriousness, I know that's how a person CAN read the forums, but that's not I've done it for the last five years. You can make all the old dogs/new tricks jokes you want, but I am a creature of habit in how I do this, and the new "Johnny Appleseed" method of spreading posts around is harshing my buzz. It was a lot easier to pop open the AF forum and then open tabs for each thread with the "go to first unread post" button on each to catch up.

imnohero
10-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Do you keep watching the same number channels even when the channel line up changes, and then bitch because you can't watch the shows you used to watch? Or do you just change the channel to watch the show you want to watch?

You can't really blame people for not taking you seriously...you complaining because you buzz is getting harshed. What about the other people that like things to be organized, your way was harshing their buzz, right?

Capt Alfredo
10-16-2013, 01:08 AM
No, because people who like to use "what's new" or whatever it's called could still do that the old way. And I'm not losing sleep over it!

I also hate Facebook's "News Feed" and constantly have to change it to "most recent" and try to go back to where I left off. And on Twitter I have to go back to where I left off. And on "comments," I'm the idiot who has to change it to "read oldest first" because, duh, I want to read things in chronological order, damn it.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-16-2013, 06:32 AM
Asking people to click a mouse button is outrageous but I think what upsets me the most about spreading everything out into separate threads is that it is bad for the environment.

All this extra mouse clicking is using more bandwidth and that translates into more electricity used, and that means more CO2 being pumped into the atmosphere.

Every time you click your mouse you are melting the polar ice caps and that is killing polar bears up North and penguins down South.

Pretty fucking selfish if you ask me. Just because a few people wanted to organize the threads, all these polar bears and penguins have to die.

What about the krill and the whales? Did you ever stop and think about what your jack booted moving threads this way and that way is doing to the krill and the whales?

If I had my way, I'd impose a carbon credit tax on the lot of you methane emitting sons of bitches.

Now, back to the topic:

giggawatt
10-16-2013, 08:51 AM
No, because people who like to use "what's new" or whatever it's called could still do that the old way. And I'm not losing sleep over it!

I also hate Facebook's "News Feed" and constantly have to change it to "most recent" and try to go back to where I left off. And on Twitter I have to go back to where I left off. And on "comments," I'm the idiot who has to change it to "read oldest first" because, duh, I want to read things in chronological order, damn it.

This annoys me to no end!

RetC141BFCC
10-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Yes lets get back to the subject more pics so we can judge

sandsjames
10-18-2013, 03:42 PM

I've never used Twitter. What is the draw to it? What's it good for?

Absinthe Anecdote
10-18-2013, 04:33 PM

I doubt you would like it as you seem to enjoy complaining about everything. On-the-other-hand, since you enjoy complaining, Twitter would give you lots to complain about, so in the inverse world of sandsjames, Twitter should be a big hit for you.

Now, back to topic:

No Halloween party is complete without a Saint Pauli Girl or two or three. Hell, I'd prefer a Halloween party with a whole contingent of Saint Pauli Girls. Let's be absolutely clear, there is nothing slutty about a Saint Pauli Girl costume. It is as good and wholesome an image as you could hope for.

When I go to sleep at night, I don't count sheep, I count beautiful Saint Pauli Girls frolicking in a fragrant field of Bavarian hops.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Possibly the best costume ever!

Pullinteeth
10-18-2013, 04:55 PM
God I hate you right now...

sandsjames
10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
I doubt you would like it as you seem to enjoy complaining about everything. On-the-other-hand, since you enjoy complaining, Twitter would give you lots to complain about, so in the inverse world of When I go to sleep at night, I don't count sheep, I count beautiful Saint Pauli Girls frolicking in a fragrant field of Bavarian hops.

Thanks for the constructive help....

Absinthe Anecdote
10-18-2013, 09:28 PM

Not slutty, just good and wholesome.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-18-2013, 09:33 PM

Absinthe Anecdote
10-18-2013, 09:35 PM

Absinthe Anecdote
10-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the constructive help....

No problem Sandsjames! I consider you a real pal.

Hey, not that I'm complaining, but when you quote me, don't edit my post because it makes both of us look bad.

It makes you look bad for editing my post and it makes me look bad because you "Sandsjames" up my post.

Just to show you there are no hard feelings, here is another picture of a Saint Pauli Girl!

Did I mention that Saint Pauli Girl costumes are very tasteful and perhaps the perfect Halloween costume of all time?

sandsjames
10-19-2013, 12:38 PM
No problem Sandsjames! I consider you a real pal.

Hey, not that I'm complaining, but when you quote me, don't edit my post because it makes both of us look bad.

It makes you look bad for editing my post and it makes me look bad because you "Sandsjames" up my post.

Yes, boss. Whatever you say, boss.

And, by the way, deleting irrelevant comments is not the same as editing a post.

giggawatt
10-19-2013, 12:43 PM

Twitter is used differently by different people. Some people use it to tweet a lot of mundane shit from their daily lives, kind of like FB, except in 140 characters or less and to mostly complete strangers. Others can be more interesting, funny or educational with their tweets. There are also others that tweet nothing but their political stuff all the time. If you don't like that kind of stuff, you simply don't follow.

You can converse and get the perspective of lots of different people from all over the world. Twitter is also used by businesses to promote products and such. You can even follow accounts that tweet pictures of slutty Halloween costumes.

One of the best things about twitter is that it's all your interests at your finger tips. You can follow your favorite celebs, athletes, organizations, and news outlets and it's all there in one place. Some people use it for that and rarely tweet themselves.

It's hard to get into it when you start out because you have to build up followers if you want to converse with others. Otherwise, all you do is follow your interests and just read your news feed all the time.

Bottom line, twitter has a different appeal to different people. The common misconception is that people use it like FB as their personal diary and while some people do that, it's not it's only purpose.

Capt Alfredo
10-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Twitter is used differently by different people. Some people use it to tweet a lot of mundane shit from their daily lives, kind of like FB, except in 140 characters or less and to mostly complete strangers. Others can be more interesting, funny or educational with their tweets. There are also others that tweet nothing but their political stuff all the time. If you don't like that kind of stuff, you simply don't follow.

You can converse and get the perspective of lots of different people from all over the world. Twitter is also used by businesses to promote products and such. You can even follow accounts that tweet pictures of slutty Halloween costumes.

One of the best things about twitter is that it's all your interests at your finger tips. You can follow your favorite celebs, athletes, organizations, and news outlets and it's all there in one place. Some people use it for that and rarely tweet themselves.

It's hard to get into it when you start out because you have to build up followers if you want to converse with others. Otherwise, all you do is follow your interests and just read your news feed all the time.

Bottom line, twitter has a different appeal to different people. The common misconception is that people use it like FB as their personal diary and while some people do that, it's not it's only purpose.

I use twitter almost exclusively in "receive" mode. I follow the sports teams and columnists I like, I follow news sites and columnists, and some musicians/bands. I only follow a few actual friends/normal people, because, unfortunately, the average Joe's random thoughts aren't very interesting. I've found I can comfortably follow about 100 people/things without it getting to be too much. Some people are spammers (post waaaay too much) and end up getting the boot.

giggawatt
10-19-2013, 01:12 PM
I use twitter almost exclusively in "receive" mode. I follow the sports teams and columnists I like, I follow news sites and columnists, and some musicians/bands. I only follow a few actual friends/normal people, because, unfortunately, the average Joe's random thoughts aren't very interesting. I've found I can comfortably follow about 100 people/things without it getting to be too much. Some people are spammers (post waaaay too much) and end up getting the boot.

Agreed. Although I do follow more actual people and normally have some good conversation and laughs. One thing I need to do is organize everyone into lists. I don't do that right now and I end up missing a lot of content.

sandsjames
10-19-2013, 01:13 PM

I see. So I'd guess that some use it to keep a close eye on their interests and legitimate topics/conversations and many use it as another way to quench their thirst for sound bites?

I might check it out, see if it's my cup of tea.

efmbman
10-19-2013, 01:21 PM
I see. So I'd guess that some use it to keep a close eye on their interests and legitimate topics/conversations and many use it as another way to quench their thirst for sound bites?

For me, it is not about sound bites, but the headline tag. If I see something interesting, I click on the link and read the article. Stars & Stripes, AP, Reuters, ESPN, NFL, MLB, CNN, FOX, GovExec, VA, DoD, Snopes, White House, multiple Congress-related, etc all have active Twitter feeds. Most of the tweets have a link to an article (which is the point for them to post in the first place).

I even follow Uncle John's Bathroom Reader for the one liner random facts.

giggawatt
10-19-2013, 04:34 PM

If you start up, give it some time. A lot of people don't give it a chance and give up on it within a week.

Rainmaker
11-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Rainmaker'd put his top 5 at:
1 Sexy German beer maid
2 Cat Wimmins
3. Naughty Catholic School girl
4. Naughty Nurse
5. Ho that wears her old lingerie with some $2 dollar bunny ears.