PDA

View Full Version : Should the forum Mods change their name to Tea Party?

veritas
10-14-2013, 09:14 PM
One small group of ignorant extremist destroying what they are not intellectually capable of understanding.

imnohero
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
As opposed to a different small group of extremists?

efmbman
10-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Or perhaps the members here should be content with the free forum in which they can voice their opinions keeping with the very published (and agreed to by everyone participant) terms of service and established guidelines. Those that do not wish to participate are certainly free to leave and pursue other venues in which they can express their opinion(s). I was always of the opinion that I, as well as all other participants here, are participating of our own free will. I do not recall any provision that prevents any of us from leaving and seeking a venue that is more enjoyable. It seems silly (and honestly a little disturbing) to think that anyone so unhappy with the administration of this forum would continue to participate. Is it a wanting for misery? I am reminded of the soldier that is completely miserable in the service, yet continues to re-enlist.

sandsjames
10-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Or perhaps the members here should be content with the free forum in which they can voice their opinions keeping with the very published (and agreed to by everyone participant) terms of service and established guidelines. Those that do not wish to participate are certainly free to leave and pursue other venues in which they can express their opinion(s). I was always of the opinion that I, as well as all other participants here, are participating of our own free will. I do not recall any provision that prevents any of us from leaving and seeking a venue that is more enjoyable. It seems silly (and honestly a little disturbing) to think that anyone so unhappy with the administration of this forum would continue to participate. Is it a wanting for misery? I am reminded of the soldier that is completely miserable in the service, yet continues to re-enlist.

And to counter that argument, if people don't like what others are discussing, they are ALSO free to leave and find other forums, or just don't click on threads they may find offensive, or don't get involved in conversations with those they find offensive.

I don't think the issue is so much why we have to follow the rules we agreed to. The question is why are the rules written as they are? In my opinion, they are the way they are because that's the way most other places do it, so this place falls in line.

Bunch
10-14-2013, 11:08 PM
One small group of ignorant extremist destroying what they are not intellectually capable of understanding.

I like where you going with this but I dont think the mods should be insulted in such a way.

veritas
10-15-2013, 01:03 AM
I like where you going with this but I dont think the mods should be insulted in such a way.

Who's insulting, I support the Tea Party

RS6405
10-15-2013, 01:20 AM
or just don't click on threads they may find offensive, .

Agreed..... That is why I stick to the meme of the day ..... There is nothing offensive there.

Mjölnir
10-15-2013, 01:26 AM
And to counter that argument, if people don't like what others are discussing, they are ALSO free to leave and find other forums, or just don't click on threads they may find offensive, or don't get involved in conversations with those they find offensive.

That does not always work. Go to the Navy Forum, a thread about hazing and Navy Tradition started getting filled with photos of an actress in bikinis and her bra. Not really "offensive" but totally not really related to or needed for the conversation.

RS6405
10-15-2013, 01:38 AM
Hmmm.... I guess I should not post out loud my question of when the purge will begin again since I'm getting back up to 1,000 post for the 6th or 7th time in a year?

Now Veritas, if they changed their name to coffee break, I would join them! I love coffee :becky

I guess I should disclose now that I am suffering from a massive head cold with a middle ear infection and under a doctor's care/ medication.

Mjölnir
10-15-2013, 01:45 AM
No purges are planned this week.

Greg
10-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Hmmm.... I guess I should not post out loud my question of when the purge will begin again since I'm getting back up to 1,000 post for the 6th or 7th time in a year?

Now Veritas, if they changed their name to coffee break, I would join them! I love coffee :becky

I guess I should disclose now that I am suffering from a massive head cold with a middle ear infection and under a doctor's care/ medication.

Have a large spoonful of horseradish, and mustard. You'll be on your feet in no time! :thumb

RS6405
10-15-2013, 02:09 AM
I was eating jalapeños yesterday and had my ears candled earlier today just to clear the pressure.

LogDog
10-15-2013, 05:10 AM

Perhaps, just perhaps, the problem isn't with the moderator but with you. Just saying.