PDA

View Full Version : Are Airmen really asking for more sexual assault prevention training?

TWilliams
10-11-2013, 02:21 AM
I will admit I have not read the blog that is mentioned in the article, but I do know that from comments I hear whenever there is SAPR training, my base at least is not asking for more training. Most Airman seem to resent the pile up of work that occurs when time is lost to these activities. That being said, I do support the Air Forces efforts to inform its members on what sexual assault is and expectations of Airmen to try to prevent it. I just find it hard to believe that we are actually requesting more training. What are your experiences and thoughts about this?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20131010/NEWS05/310100030/Airmen-More-training-sexual-assault-prevention

Gonzo432
10-11-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm thinking, no.

ConfusedAirman
10-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there are airmen asking for more training FOR OTHER AIRMEN. There are bound to be plenty of airmen who don't commit sexual assault but are stupid enough to believe that more training will help prevent other stupid airmen from committing sexual assault.

Gonzo432
10-11-2013, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there are airmen asking for more training FOR OTHER AIRMEN. There are bound to be plenty of airmen who don't commit sexual assault but are stupid enough to believe that more training will help prevent other stupid airmen from committing sexual assault.

Safety through Power Point. That kind of thinking gives us the 101 critical days of Power Point slides every summer.

Pullinteeth
10-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Here you go...four pages on the blog including the request for more training...

http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthread.php?1596214-Force-turns-to-airmen-for-ideas-on-stopping-sexual-assault

RetC141BFCC
10-11-2013, 01:31 PM

I think men need the training so they can tell when they have been raped. Check out this CNN article.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/living/chris-brown-female-on-male-rape/?iref=obnetwork

imported_DannyJ
10-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Don't recall who said it, but you can't train the rapeyness out of someone. What a farce.

Gonzo432
10-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Don't recall who said it, but you can't train the rapeyness out of someone. What a farce.

You can incarcerate the rapeyness out of someone.

raustin0017
10-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Years ago sitting with my Sq in our 1st SAPR tng. When the female instructor started....TSgt Austin asked if this was a "How to briefing." Got plenty of laughs...but the instructor did not find it funny at all.

Never mad any smart ass remarks after that one. Got to love training folks on how to be humans and not animals.

TWilliams
10-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Here you go...four pages on the blog including the request for more training...

http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthread.php?1596214-Force-turns-to-airmen-for-ideas-on-stopping-sexual-assault

Thanks for the link. It looks like most of the comments in the forum were for increased prosecution and reporting more than asking for more training. Does anyone have a link to the actual blog?

TWilliams
10-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Years ago sitting with my Sq in our 1st SAPR tng. When the female instructor started....TSgt Austin asked if this was a "How to briefing." Got plenty of laughs...but the instructor did not find it funny at all.

Never mad any smart ass remarks after that one. Got to love training folks on how to be humans and not animals.

People still make similar jokes when we call it sexual assault training instead of SAPR. I get that it sends a bad message to condone those types of comments, but I am not convinced that jokes contribute to sexual assault.

TWilliams
10-11-2013, 06:02 PM

It sadly makes sense that the Air Force would interpret folks asking for more training for other airmen as asking for more training for all airmen. *facepalm*

Airborne
10-11-2013, 06:17 PM
It's gotten to such the saturation point, that in my circle of friends, if we see a hot chick we say "I would SARC the shit out of her".

imported_DannyJ
10-11-2013, 06:52 PM
You can incarcerate the rapeyness out of someone.

:laugh Haven't had a laugh that good in a while!

BOSS302
10-12-2013, 09:53 AM

Humans are animals. Homo sapiens. No homo.