PDA

View Full Version : John Donald Cody

Pullinteeth
10-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Former Intel Officer scammed $100M with his fake "United States Navy Veteran's Association" and now apparently claims the scam was part of a CIA operation....

Greg
10-09-2013, 03:18 PM
"CLEVELAND, Ohio — The man who once schmoozed with Washington's political elite on behalf of his bogus veterans charity was arrested late Monday night in Portland, Ore., by U.S. marshals from northern Ohio.

He had collected millions of dollars that authorities said he fleeced from donors to the U.S. Navy Veterans Association, and he was photographed at gatherings with the likes of Sen. John McCain, Ohio's Rep. John Boehner and former President George W. Bush."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/05/man_suspected_of_running_bogus.html

Mike DeWine is a bulldog. Must of been a high school wrestler.

Pullinteeth
10-09-2013, 03:24 PM
"CLEVELAND, Ohio — The man who once schmoozed with Washington's political elite on behalf of his bogus veterans charity was arrested late Monday night in Portland, Ore., by U.S. marshals from northern Ohio."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/05/man_suspected_of_running_bogus.html

Mike DeWine is a bulldog. Must of been a high school wrestler.

I am curious why Ohio had to do all the legwork...the Feds just sat back while he ran his scam in 41 states (apparently he avoided those that had fairly strict regulation of charities).

AJBIGJ
10-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Former Intel Officer scammed $100M with his fake "United States Navy Veteran's Association" and now apparently claims the scam was part of a CIA operation....

Interesting to claim it is related to a CIA Operation, considering how many Executive Branch Departments seem to be scandal-ridden of late, it doesn't even seem as far-fetched...

Greg
10-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I am curious why Ohio had to do all the legwork...the Feds just sat back while he ran his scam in 41 states (apparently he avoided those that had fairly strict regulation of charities).

Although this was all over local broadcast TV, I think it's due to Ohio's AG assembling iron clad evidence.