PDA

View Full Version : Best insult ever

Shaken1976
10-02-2013, 10:20 PM
So I work in the Comm Focal Point which sometimes becomes telephone operators, information, and end hunger focal point. The random calls we get amaze me sometimes.

Today a caller called and said that the legal office phones kept going to voicemail and no one would answer. I attempted to call over there and got the same deal. I asked if he had left a message and he said no. I told him that we don't have any contol over the legal office.

I was then told that I am as useless as Congress and then he slammed the phone down. Couldn't even be mad...I was cracking up laughing.

BENDER56
10-03-2013, 12:01 AM
So I work in the Comm Focal Point which sometimes becomes telephone operators, information, and end hunger focal point. The random calls we get amaze me sometimes.

Today a caller called and said that the legal office phones kept going to voicemail and no one would answer. I attempted to call over there and got the same deal. I asked if he had left a message and he said no. I told him that we don't have any contol over the legal office.

I was then told that I am as useless as Congress and then he slammed the phone down. Couldn't even be mad...I was cracking up laughing.

Can you give me the number for the commissary?

LogDog
10-03-2013, 08:39 PM
In the late 80s. I was stationed in England and one of my SSgts was English (getting her citizenship). We had a heated disagreement and she called me a "Proletariat Cretan." I looked at her and said "I think I know what you mean by that but just to be sure, I'm going to look it up." While I looked them up, she stood there with a grin on her face.

Proletariat: The lowest social or economic class of a community.

Cretan: A stupid, vulgar, or insensitive person.

I looked back at her and said "Yep, that's what I thought you meant." She started laughing and after that we didn't have any more "heated" disagreements and we got along well.

WCS
10-04-2013, 08:03 AM

sir, if you call a number and it goes to voice mail that usually means they are on the phone wait one sec and I will see if I can find you another number---ok try this number, you still might get a busy/voice mail so just try again later.

Have a nice day

Drackore
10-04-2013, 08:46 AM
I would have called him back and said "No I am not as useless as Congress. Not only did I answer the phone and talk to you, I even called you back. That's double the productivity and twice the professionalism. Have a great day."

Shaken1976
10-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I would have called him back and said "No I am not as useless as Congress. Not only did I answer the phone and talk to you, I even called you back. That's double the productivity and twice the professionalism. Have a great day."

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Used the line on my dog this morning when he wouldn't MOVE.

SomeRandomGuy
10-04-2013, 02:26 PM

One time someone from the Help desk came in to finance. He said, "I need to find out when my voucher will be paid." I said, "Sorry, you are going to have to open a ticket for that."

ttribe
10-09-2013, 01:55 PM
When I was a teenager, I had a boss at a maintenance company tell me that "I could f**k up a one float parade". That has always stuck with me and has come into use a few times as a supervisor myself.

Kicker47
10-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Talkin' about AMMO troops at hockey one night...this one old guy said "Those guys could break an anvil."

I found that hilarious.

BENDER56
10-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Talkin' about AMMO troops at hockey one night...this one old guy said "Those guys could break an anvil."

I found that hilarious.

Cops used to tell this one about themselves: leave two SF troops locked in a room with nothing but two steel balls and when you return one of the balls will be missing, the other will be broken, and neither of them will know anything about it.