PDA

View Full Version : The Hockey Thread

giggawatt
09-27-2013, 08:27 AM
The NHL season is upon us. The greatest game in the world. The coolest game on Earth. Probably the best sport to watch live.

Who's your team? I'm a Boston Bruins fan. I think they have a great shot at another run for the cup. Their core players are still with the team. They made some decent off season moves and they have a talented young defense. Tuukka Rask is approaching the top of his game.

It should be an interesting season with the conference and division realignment. I'm thinking Boston and Detroit will finish at the top of the Atlantic Division.

insidiousbookworm
09-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Coyotes!

At least we have an owner now. I have zero hope for anything happening this year, but the new boss has said that he plans on increasing player salary money, so there could be a future. They did extend Tippet for another 5 years, so that's something.

Kicker47
09-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Long-time Rangers fan here.

Looking for a good run this year out of the boys...new coach, new system, full year of Nash, good signings in Pouliot and D. Moore, Staal back at 100%, Defense more experienced/mature, and with Hagelin and Callahan out for the start of the year, time for Miller and Krieder to step up. Going to be a fun year!

giggawatt
09-27-2013, 02:19 PM
It seems like all my friends, besides hometown friends, are either Rangers or Red Wings fans. I did expect NYR to be a lot better last year.

giggawatt
09-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Buffalo Sabres of course.

They came to Landstuhl a couple years ago during pre-season and visited the USO. Our hockey team was there doing a dinner for the wounded troops and we got to meet them. I got a couple pictures with Ryan Miller.

giggawatt
10-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Boooooo Chicago. yes, mad.

Pullinteeth
10-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Minnesota North Stars....no wait...fuck the NHL....

technomage1
10-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Blue jackets

giggawatt
10-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Bruins looking good early!

sandsjames
10-07-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm a Canucks fan. I watched a little hockey when I was a kid, because it wasn't really televised, so I was kind of a Kings fan by default (that's who they showed when I saw a game). I really got into it once I got married (wife and step son from Vancouver) and am now a Canucks fan.

Vrake
10-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm a Canucks fan. I watched a little hockey when I was a kid, because it wasn't really televised, so I was kind of a Kings fan by default (that's who they showed when I saw a game). I really got into it once I got married (wife and step son from Vancouver) and am now a Canucks fan.

Holy shit I thought I was the only one. I still have the hockey news when they signed Molginy to play with Pavel and I was a fan before that. I have seen the Nucks play an Anahiem, LA, Tampa Bay, San Jose and Dallas(many times) sad I have only been to the garage once though.

sandsjames
10-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Holy shit I thought I was the only one. I still have the hockey news when they signed Molginy to play with Pavel and I was a fan before that. I have seen the Nucks play an Anahiem, LA, Tampa Bay, San Jose and Dallas(many times) sad I have only been to the garage once though.

I've only seen them once, and that was in Dallas. I was surprised at how many fans travel to the games.

Comrade
10-13-2013, 04:36 AM
The Colorado Avalanche have gone from getting the number one draft pick to starting the season 5-0. I'm not exactly sure what's happening here, but I like it.

insidiousbookworm
10-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Mike Smith's goal the other day is probably going to be the highlight of our season...