PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is just around the corner

AlexCross
09-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Has anyone started shopping yet? Have the kids made a Christmas list?

Our three are all getting new bikes. 24 inch for the older two and a 20 inch for the younger one. Each will also get clothes and shoes. Both of the girls also want American Girl dolls. But those might wait for birthdays which are all within the month after.

We are debating the XBox 1 or PS4 as a family gift. Right now we have the XBox 360.

My Christmas list is pretty simple. New gym shoes, a new gym bag, a speaker for my iPod for my desk, and tickets to go see the Harlem Globetrotters.

poindexter
09-25-2013, 07:55 PM
I am done with Christmas shopping my June. This year, I finished in July because we PCS'd in June but I am done as far as big gifts. Now I just need to buy little nitnoid things as stocking stuffers.

USN - Retired
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Bah. Humbug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XU6zrGyUUo

Drackore
09-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Got the family a PS4. If I can come across any funds, I'll also get the Xbox One, otherwise that will wait til tax refund time. Otherwise the only thing I look forward to with the holidays is the time off and getting away from the insane asylum.

AlexCross
09-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Got the family a PS4. If I can come across any funds, I'll also get the Xbox One, otherwise that will wait til tax refund time. Otherwise the only thing I look forward to with the holidays is the time off and getting away from the insane asylum.

I get to see all my people. I like that. It is one of a few times a year we are all together as a family. Christmas, birthdays for the kids, and special events.

AFcynic
09-26-2013, 01:28 PM
If you still celebrate Christmas, get with the times. It's Chrismahanakwanzakuhmas.

Or you can participate in Festivus. I've got a lot of problems with you people...

RFScott
09-26-2013, 01:37 PM
If you still celebrate Christmas, get with the times. It's Chrismahanakwanzakuhmas.

Or you can participate in Festivus. I've got a lot of problems with you people...

I find tinsel very distracting...

Rizzo77
09-28-2013, 12:12 AM
you can participate in Festivus. I've got a lot of problems with you people...

I'll best you in the feats of strength, and in the airing of grievances. :cocksure:

LogDog
09-29-2013, 03:19 AM
At this time of year, I have a hard time waiting for the first Festivus Aluminum Pole lot to open.

http://www.festivuspoles.com/pages/festivus/images/Festivus_pole_lot.jpg

Chief_KO
09-29-2013, 03:22 AM
Festivus...the festival for the rest of us!!!!

One gift this year (combining 18th anniversary in Nov & Christmas), a new sectional and recliner for our family room. Spent the summer restoring it after a flood back in June.

UncaRastus
09-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Does your recliner have an inboard or an outboard motor, for when the next flood takes place? Does your sectional have kapok stuffing?

I really spend a lot of time looking about on Ebay for things like that.