PDA

View Full Version : Chicago vs travon

spirit_eyes
09-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Ok, so travon Martin is walking a secure condo complex, looking like a thug. Zimmerman is found innocent, but all hell breaks loose.
13(?) people are shot in Chicago, while watching basketball. No Jesse Jackson, etc
What the hell is going on? Is it because it was black on black? What? I just don't get it.

Rusty Jones
09-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Because the men responsible are immediately being charged. No one had to fight the local authorities to do it.

Mods; this discussion is over. Close the thread.

Bunch
09-24-2013, 03:19 PM
The fake outrage of the right wingers never ceases to amaze me...I bet you have one black friend too...

spirit_eyes
09-24-2013, 03:29 PM
But where is the outrage? This is a common thing, isn't Chicago called the murder capital? And Jesse and the rest of those fools do nothing?

( I'm not trying to re-hash the Zimmerman case. Just making a point on how the country went nuts over that case, and doesn't seem to give a shit about this, or anything similar. Just seems no one cares if it's black on black. Anything else, true or not, and shit hits the fan)

Bunch
09-24-2013, 04:16 PM
But where is the outrage? This is a common thing, isn't Chicago called the murder capital? And Jesse and the rest of those fools do nothing?

( I'm not trying to re-hash the Zimmerman case. Just making a point on how the country went nuts over that case, and doesn't seem to give a shit about this, or anything similar. Just seems no one cares if it's black on black. Anything else, true or not, and shit hits the fan)

So you really dont care about black on black crime. You just using the deaths of black people to make a political point. You are an awesome individual!!!

Rusty Jones
09-24-2013, 04:20 PM

Where is the outrage over what? The men not being charged? Oh wait, they were.

Just stop it. You've got nothing.

SomeRandomGuy
09-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Ok, so travon Martin is walking a secure condo complex, looking like a thug. Zimmerman is found innocent, but all hell breaks loose.
13(?) people are shot in Chicago, while watching basketball. No Jesse Jackson, etc
What the hell is going on? Is it because it was black on black? What? I just don't get it.

Using your same logic America needs to inavde Syria, and Africa. After all we were outraged when the same things happened in other countries. Where are the people who wanted to invade those countries? Why have they not taken it upon themselves to join the free Syrian Army since their government will not invade? Does this mean these people do not care about the people being slaughtered in Syria? If they were against what they percieved as injustice in the past but fail to act now they are hypocrites correct?

Or maybe it could be that rational people will pick their battles. The solution in Chicago is a multipronged effort that involves education as well as economic solutions. In the case of Trayvon Martin the solution was to put his killer on trial (regardless of whether you agree with the outcome). Protesting would do nothing to change things in Chicago but the influence of protests most certainly influenced the Martin trial. Surely, you are smart enough to realize that a smart politician will only throw his voice behind efforts that are likely to succeed.

Rusty Jones
09-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Okay, attempt at serious answer here.
Awhile back bill Cosby pissed off black
Community by taking on culture like
Saggy pants and stuff in rap. No one
Wants to address things as if they are
A black problem, the problems of course
Are put on them. They are not caused
By them, they are oppressed. They
Need affirmative action and the like.
Do you think Jesse or the president
Will tell the black community
To fix the 70% out of wedlock birth rate,
The 50%+ school drop out rate, take
On gangs....not gonna happen.
Votes are needed, so they will
Continue to blame everyone and
Everything else and never fix
The real problems. I don't know
What the answer is, but
Throwing more money at it
Has seemed to achieve nothing
But dependency and disdain.
It takes a lot to shock Americans
These days. My wife is
From Chicago and is literally
Scared for me when we visit
Her mom on the south side.
Going from minot to Monroe str.
In chicago is a bit different
As you can imagine. Sadly,
No one cares about body counts in
Cities, anymore then they care
About body counts in war.
Overall, I don't think there is
A solution and that's a sad
State of affairs.

I actually agree with you on this. Bill Cosby was a well-respected man in the black community, but instead engaging in dialogue out of that respect, they simply stopped respecting him.

Truth be told, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the least of your worries. Michael Dyson is the man you need to be worried about. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton may not be DIScouraging antisocial behavior, but Michael Dyson actually ENcourages it.

I've learned over the past year or two that there is such a thing as a healthy and necessary amount of classism in any society. The black community actually lacks it.

For example; Rachel Jeantel. She had the support of the black community. However, if she was white - and a fat loudmouth from the trailor park; middle class whites wouldn't have given two shits about her. The Octomom - she was completely outcast by whites. White folks aren't having that shit in their ranks.

And this is how white people protect their image. By not showing tolerance for such behavior.

Middle and upper class blacks don't appear to have the same luxury of disassociating classless blacks from themselves.

sandsjames
09-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I actually agree with you on this. Bill Cosby was a well-respected man in the black community, but instead engaging in dialogue out of that respect, they simply stopped respecting him.

Truth be told, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the least of your worries. Michael Dyson is the man you need to be worried about. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton may not be DIScouraging antisocial behavior, but Michael Dyson actually ENcourages it.

I've learned over the past year or two that there is such a thing as a healthy and necessary amount of classism in any society. The black community actually lacks it.

For example; Rachel Jeantel. She had the support of the black community. However, if she was white - and a fat loudmouth from the trailor park; middle class whites wouldn't have given two shits about her. The Octomom - she was completely outcast by whites. White folks aren't having that shit in their ranks.

And this is how white people protect their image. By not showing tolerance for such behavior.

Middle and upper class blacks don't appear to have the same luxury of disassociating classless blacks from themselves.

so this Michael Dyson is the new Malcolm X?

And great point on the upper classes not being able to disassociate.

An honest, non-political, no other intent question: Do you think the black community might be better off if those middle and upper classes could criticize without becoming outcasts, or do they just need to keep their mouths shut?

Rusty Jones
09-24-2013, 05:34 PM
so this Michael Dyson is the new Malcolm X?

NO!

I think that if you take the take to learn a little bit more about Malcolm X, you'll find that he DID preach to black people on doing things to empower themselves and their communities; he told them what they should be doing and what they need to start doing. Martin Luther King didn't even do this. Not since Booker T Washington, Marcus Garvey, or W.E.B. DuBois had there been a black leader that preached TO black people; and there hadn't been one SINCE Malcolm X.

And great point on the upper classes not being able to disassociate.

An honest, non-political, no other intent question: Do you think the black community might be better off if those middle and upper classes could criticize without becoming outcasts, or do they just need to keep their mouths shut?

I say keep their mouths shut, and simply speak with some actions.

sandsjames
09-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I say keep their mouths shut, and simply speak with some actions.

Interesting. What actions?

71Fish
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Becasuse you missed the entire point...yes, people get murdered in America every day. It is common...but if the Chicago police find and question the shooters in this case and then release them without arrest, you'll probably hear more of an outrage.

The reason people were so up in arms with the Trayvon case is that the shooter, was NOT arrested...and half the country supported the shooter.

Just like, gee...where is the NRA supporting these gangsters right to carry?? Why are they so silent about this shooters gun rights?

I'll go out on a limb and say they gangers, or gansta's if you prefer, did not purchase guns legally, or were they legally carrying them. I don't believe Chicago allows anyone to carry.

71Fish
09-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Because the men responsible are immediately being charged.

Are they?

71Fish
09-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Right...I thought it would be obvious that I was rhetorically asking a stupid question to illuminate the similar stupidity of the OP question.

My bad. Next time insert smiley faces.

Rusty Jones
09-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Are they?

According to this, yes: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/charged-chicago-park-shooting-wounded-13-20352341

20+Years
09-24-2013, 06:14 PM
I agree with you Spirit. For me, Jackson jumping in only when it is a racial issue is getting old. Where is the, "Young ladies and gentleman, we need to quit hurting ourselves. With the challenges we face in todays society, violence against one another is pointless. While once we accused "The Man" of holding us back, it is now ourselves that are dragging each other down. I implore you...". Damn, I could be a speech writer.

Hatred coming from Rusty and Bunch in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Bunch
09-24-2013, 06:21 PM
I agree with you Spirit. For me, Jackson jumping in only when it is a racial issue is getting old. Where is the, "Young ladies and gentleman, we need to quit hurting ourselves. With the challenges we face in todays society, violence against one another is pointless. While once we accused "The Man" of holding us back, it is now ourselves that are dragging each other down. I implore you...". Damn, I could be a speech writer.

Because we should forget about racism... Stick our head in the sand and act like it doesn't exist... Thats the right wingers approach to racism...

20+Years
09-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Because we should forget about racism... Stick our head in the sand and act like it doesn't exist... Thats the right wingers approach to racism...

I have never said forget about racism. I know it exists and I personally don't like it. It is a waste and a shame. But when someone makes a living promoting racism there is a problem. The people who point out Jackson and company would like him to quit only being involved in cases that promote racism, giving the appearance that other races are the problem, while ignoring the probems within his own community. Its really not too much to ask.

Rainmaker
09-24-2013, 09:18 PM
As far as the Trayvon-Zimmerman case goes.... There was no White boy involved.
As far as the Chicago Playground gang shooting goes.... There was no white boy involved.
As for the 11000 black on black shootings in their "community" since the day Trayvon got kilt.... Yet again, There was no white boy involved.
The reason there's been no further suit brought against Zimmerman is that it would expose the leftist narrative (that Trayvon was a just some nice little kid out for a walk minding his own business) and the state would be forced to admit they were wrong.

CYBERFX1024
09-24-2013, 09:40 PM
I saw something on CNN yesterday morning which really pissed me off. They had a story on where the hell George Zimmerman is because they can't find him.

But the way they referred to him as a "Acquitted Murderer". Which really struck me as odd because he was found not guilty so that makes him not a murderer.

Rainmaker
09-24-2013, 09:54 PM
I saw something on CNN yesterday morning which really pissed me off. They had a story on where the hell George Zimmerman is because they can't find him.

But the way they referred to him as a "Acquitted Murderer". Which really struck me as odd because he was found not guilty so that makes him not a murderer.

Things like this is why the mainstream media will soon go the way of the penny press. They're becoming irrelevant and clutching at straws now. But, so long as the Baby boom era, liberal, self hating, professional race baiters, that hijacked our social institutions of society are still around, this will go on and on.

CYBERFX1024
09-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Things like this is why the mainstream media will soon go the way of the penny press. They're becoming irrelevant and clutching at straws now. But, so long as the Baby boom era, liberal, self hating, professional race baiters, that hijacked our social institutions of society are still around, this will go on and on.

I agree with that. It's sad that I have to look at the news from outside the country to try and get a unbiased version of what's going on in the USA. I truly believe that Fox is the most unbiased of them all, but even they have a bias to it even though it leans right. I want a true nonbiased opinion.

Bunch
09-25-2013, 02:33 AM
I have never said forget about racism. I know it exists and I personally don't like it. It is a waste and a shame. But when someone makes a living promoting racism there is a problem. The people who point out Jackson and company would like him to quit only being involved in cases that promote racism, giving the appearance that other races are the problem, while ignoring the probems within his own community. Its really not too much to ask.

What about Beck? Hannity? Limbaugh and all right wing media race baiters whores? I'm glad we have people like Sharpton and Jackson that constantly remind America that racism is still here... Alive and kicking... Much to the chagrin of the right wingers who wish to demean, belittle and discriminate againt minorities either overtly or covertly and want us just to take it and take it and when its pointed out then you all throw a fit about it.

Bunch
09-25-2013, 02:42 AM

The simple answer is that you are a race baiter... Just like what you are trying to imply about Jackson... Thats the only reason why you started this thread...

AJBIGJ
09-25-2013, 03:51 AM
WTF are we even discussing this anymore? This should have been a non-issue the minute it started.

20+Years
09-25-2013, 12:26 PM
We aren't actually discussing much. Just watching Bunch rant and rave and call people names because they don't agree with him/her.

sandsjames
09-25-2013, 12:33 PM
The simple answer is that you are a race baiter... Just like what you are trying to imply about Jackson... Thats the only reason why you started this thread...

What's even worse than a race baiter is someone who interprets a simple question as something more. I don't believe the question was comparing the two situations. It's asking why prominent people in the black community don't step up and speak publicly against black on black crime. That's it. Nothing more. But go on assuming everyone who is curious about why it happens is race baiting.

Bunch
09-25-2013, 12:59 PM
What's even worse than a race baiter is someone who interprets a simple question as something more. I don't believe the question was comparing the two situations. It's asking why prominent people in the black community don't step up and speak publicly against black on black crime. That's it. Nothing more. But go on assuming everyone who is curious about why it happens is race baiting.

Nope... Whats even worst is for right wingers to think that just because Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity and other right wing media personalities are openly racist and succesful individuals that all of the sudden being racist is cool and that it wont have any consequences if you become a big mouthed racist.

The reason they are succesful is because they prey on the fear that many of you right wingers have about blacks, hispanics, muslims and others. It might work for them because they deal mostly in the right wing media bubble but for many of you it wont. So I will do all right wingers here a favor... I will do my part here to make sure I keep you all right wingers in check and I will call you all out when you try to act all racist like its all good, just so when you go outside your bubble don't do something that gets you fired or bring an ass beating upon you.

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, the key difference is that you don't have half the country supporting the shooter.

Half the country didnt support GZ either. One side wanted to lynch him and the other side didnt care. But the side that didnt care said, "dont lynch him, take him to trial IF there is evidence to support your claim that it was race related murder."

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Becasuse you missed the entire point...yes, people get murdered in America every day. It is common...but if the Chicago police find and question the shooters in this case and then release them without arrest, you'll probably hear more of an outrage.

The reason people were so up in arms with the Trayvon case is that the shooter, was NOT arrested...and half the country supported the shooter.

Just like, gee...where is the NRA supporting these gangsters right to carry?? Why are they so silent about this shooters gun rights?

So everyone that is murdered has an arrest and inditment that goes along with it? What about conviction rates?

Something tells me very few shooters even get arrested.

https://data.cityofchicago.org/Public-Safety/2012-Chicago-Murder-Statistics/ws3w-ba2s

sandsjames
09-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Nope... Whats even worst is for right wingers to think that just because Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity and other right wing media personalities are openly racist and succesful individuals that all of the sudden being racist is cool and that it wont have any consequences if you become a big mouthed racist.

The reason they are succesful is because they prey on the fear that many of you right wingers have about blacks, hispanics, muslims and others. It might work for them because they deal mostly in the right wing media bubble but for many of you it wont. So I will do all right wingers here a favor... I will do my part here to make sure I keep you all right wingers in check and I will call you all out when you try to act all racist like its all good, just so when you go outside your bubble don't do something that gets you fired or bring an ass beating upon you.

And the reason the left wingers are successful is for the exact same reason. They prey on the fears. Instead of trying to show people how to be successful, they do nothing but feed reasons on why they will not be allowed to be successful.

Oh, and don't do me any favors. By the way, I love how you assume that anyone with an opinion is a follower of the right wing media. Talk about fear...

Bunch
09-25-2013, 02:50 PM
And the reason the left wingers are successful is for the exact same reason. They prey on the fears. Instead of trying to show people how to be successful, they do nothing but feed reasons on why they will not be allowed to be successful.

Oh, and don't do me any favors. By the way, I love how you assume that anyone with an opinion is a follower of the right wing media. Talk about fear...

Nope...wrong again...I don't pressume anything...I call them like I see them...there are many right wingers here that I don't find them to be racist...but those who are (and they are plenty) I will call them on it...that's all.

And yes, I will do you the favor, I will call you out if you are a big mouthed racist, it will be up to you though if you wish to remain being stupid or not.

20+Years
09-25-2013, 02:52 PM

So what if I said I wished Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity would get on a bus with Jackson/Sharpton and they would all go plummit off a cliff? I could care less about your so called "left winger" talking heads. I don't listen to them. I don't have a desire to. But if thier racist, they can hop on the racist bus with the other two and go sky diving.

Wait... that probably made me racist because I sent two black men over the cliff. Right? How can I be republican and not racist! OMG!?!?!

Bunch
09-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Wait... that probably made me racist because I sent two black men over the cliff. Right? How can I be republican and not racist! OMG!?!?!

Now you just being silly... I respect you...out of many right wingers here I find your opinions level headed for the most part .Sometimes you show some blatant right wing biases but I don not find you to be a racist person...at least you don't come accross that way to me here I don't know how you talk behind close doors.

I've been here long enough to know who the blatantly racist are, who are the covert racist, who have racist tendencies and those who aren't at all.

sandsjames
09-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Nope...wrong again...I don't pressume anything...I call them like I see them...there are many right wingers here that I don't find them to be racist...but those who are (and they are plenty) I will call them on it...that's all.

And yes, I will do you the favor, I will call you out if you are a big mouthed racist, it will be up to you though if you wish to remain being stupid or not.

Please show me any racist comment I've made...please.

And you know how to tell when someone has lost an argument? They result to name calling.

Rainmaker
09-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Now you just being silly... I respect you...out of many right wingers here I find your opinions level headed for the most part .Sometimes you show some blatant right wing biases but I don not find you to be a racist person...at least you don't come accross that way to me here I don't know how you talk behind close doors.

I've been here long enough to know who the blatantly racist are, who are the covert racist, who have racist tendencies and those who aren't at all.

The credit limits bout to be reached on yo race card. NomSayin?

TJMAC77SP
09-25-2013, 03:56 PM
What about Beck? Hannity? Limbaugh and all right wing media race baiters whores? I'm glad we have people like Sharpton and Jackson that constantly remind America that racism is still here... Alive and kicking... Much to the chagrin of the right wingers who wish to demean, belittle and discriminate againt minorities either overtly or covertly and want us just to take it and take it and when its pointed out then you all throw a fit about it.

So you are proud of Sharpton and Jackson?

Bunch
09-25-2013, 03:57 PM
The credit limits bout to be reached on yo race card. NomSayin?

Then don't be racist bro'!!!

Bunch
09-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Please show me any racist comment I've made...please.

And you know how to tell when someone has lost an argument? They result to name calling.

Oh...Im sorry!!! Did I struck a nerve!!!? Because I haven't called you racist here at all. I did mention that I suspected that the OP of this thread was a race baiter not you. But apparently I struck a nerve with you. Sometimes is just that easy...

Bunch
09-25-2013, 04:04 PM
So you are proud of Sharpton and Jackson?

Are you proud of Hannity/Beck/Limbaugh and other openly racist right wing media personalities?

TJMAC77SP
09-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Are you proud of Hannity/Beck/Limbaugh and other openly racist right wing media personalities?

I don't believe I have cited any of them in any of my posts. BTW: you didn't answer my question.

Bunch
09-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't believe I have cited any of them in any of my posts. BTW: you didn't answer my question.

And I already gave my opinion about Jackson and Sharpton in this very thread...don't be lazy and read the entire thread.

Rusty Jones
09-25-2013, 04:15 PM
See, this is what upsets me. Black on white racism accusation is AUTOMATICALLY "playing the race card." However, white on black is LEGIT.

This is why it's difficult to talk about that. I mean... an accusation in either and any direction, whether or not I initially agree with you, I'm willing to listen and talk about it.

Truth is... many people may be well intentioned and don't see themselves as racist, but may have racist outlooks subconsciously. If a white woman sitting on a bus clutches her purse as a black man walks down the aisle... sure, she many have black friends and all that. BUT... look what she did, without even thinking about it.

...kind of like George Zimmerman.

I'm really questioning the motives of Spirit Eyes. The name indicates that she's Native American... and I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt, and assume she's not a twinkie.

With the exception of certain nationalities of Latinos, it seems to me like most non-black minorities like to shit on blacks (and sometimes Latinos) in order to curry favor with whites.

That's the impression I'm getting from Spirit Eyes.

Rainmaker
09-25-2013, 04:38 PM
See, this is what upsets me. Black on white racism accusation is AUTOMATICALLY "playing the race card." However, white on black is LEGIT.

This is why it's difficult to talk about that. I mean... an accusation in either and any direction, whether or not I initially agree with you, I'm willing to listen and talk about it.

Truth is... many people may be well intentioned and don't see themselves as racist, but may have racist outlooks subconsciously. If a white woman sitting on a bus clutches her purse as a black man walks down the aisle... sure, she many have black friends and all that. BUT... look what she did, without even thinking about it.

I'm really questioning the motives of Spirit Eyes. The name indicates that she's Native American... and I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt, and assume she's not a twinkie.

With the exception of certain nationalities of Latinos, it seems to me like most non-black minorities like to shit on blacks (and sometimes Latinos) in order to curry favor with whites.That's the impression I'm getting from Spirit Eyes.

so is it not possible for other groups to form their own opinions about black culture based upon their own observations and experiences? Or does it always have to be that they're trying to curry favor with whitey?

TJMAC77SP
09-25-2013, 04:39 PM
And I already gave my opinion about Jackson and Sharpton in this very thread...don't be lazy and read the entire thread.

Your 'opinion' seems to include feelings that you are proud of them. I asked you to clarify that.........and you still haven't answered the question.

Stalwart
09-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Racism...is complicated.

That is an understatement

Racism is not gone, it's just hidden better these days.

True. I personally don't think racism is as prevalent as it once was, but it definitely still exists but we should not think that minorities are the only victims of it either.

Rusty Jones
09-25-2013, 04:49 PM
so is it not possible for other groups to form their own opinions about black culture based upon their own observations and experiences? Or does it always have to be that they're trying to curry favor with whitey?

What experience? There are Native Americans on reservations that have never seen black people in their lives, that are racist against blacks. Many of these racists from India... they were racist against blacks before even coming to the US.

There are accounts written by Asian Americans, discussing their experiences during Jim Crow. Whites at the time had very few problems with Asians, but if an Asian was caught associating with blacks; then that Asian got cut off.

So YES, it IS to curry favor with whites.

Rainmaker
09-25-2013, 04:52 PM
What experience? There are Native Americans on reservations that have never seen black people in their lives, that are racist against blacks. Many of these racists from India... they were racist against blacks before even coming to the US.

There are accounts written by Asian Americans, discussing their experiences during Jim Crow. Whites at the time had very few problems with Asians, but if an Asian was caught associating with blacks; then that Asian got cut off.

Says who?

TJMAC77SP
09-25-2013, 04:54 PM

With the exception of certain nationalities of Latinos, it seems to me like most non-black minorities like to shit on blacks (and sometimes Latinos) in order to curry favor with whites.

The problem with discussing racism (anyone discussing racism) is that the elephant(s) in the room are always ignored. Let’s take the woman clutching her purse. Is it automatically assumed that she distrusts the black man walking past her simply because he is black and somehow he is genetically untrustworthy or is there perhaps another reason? A reason borne in facts but extrapolated to be irrelevant in this particular case? Is she a racist or merely reacting (maybe incorrectly to those facts)? There also seems to be an assumption that a black man is the only one she would do this in reaction to. I find that specious.

If I avoid driving down lower West Blvd in Charlotte at 3:00am is it because I am racist because the majority of its occupants are black or am I being prudent because it has one of the city’s highest crime rates? The racism appears if I were to say the high crime rate is because its inhabitants are mostly black. Being prudent is often not a sign of anything other than just that, being prudent.

I agree that S-E seems to have an agenda in her OP but that's her right. We discuss it here. People call her on it and discuss it. I don't really think the tie in between the Chicago shootings and the Zimmerman case is salient but I am troubled that the same people in the black community who rushed to judgment in one case seem to be silent on this case. Isn't that worth discussing?

Rainmaker
09-25-2013, 04:56 PM
"Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That all noncitizen Native Americans born within the territorial limits of the United States be, and they are hereby, declared to be citizens of the United States: Provided, That the granting of such citizenship shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of any Native American to tribal or other property.” - Indian Citizenship Act of 1924

Das Raciss...

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Bullshit...pure bullshit.
You can show people that were saying GZ was right all along without knowing the evidence? Cause I didnt hear a single talk show host, right wing pundant, or anyone that claimed GZ was right in what he did from the get go, and certainly not without citing evidence or saying let the legal system do their jobs. The right was pretty much the out side looker since this was between a black kid and liberal democrat.

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Post how many of those the police identified and found the shooter...and released them without charges, then we can begin to discuss it.

No, it should start with finding the shooter first. Seems like that is the hardest part and one that the Chicago PD are too overwhelmed with unless the shooter was firing at cops. Blacks killing blacks in Chicago seems to be their idea of cutting the budget.

Rainmaker
09-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Das American History.

You mean "His" Story.

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-25-2013, 05:13 PM

Show how they are racist please. Use context and knowledge of what they were talking about.

I dont like Hannity at all really, he seems like a blowhard and cant listen too long to him.

Beck is good and has done a lot to educate people on black past. Giving credit to those black founders and people that helped free the slaves.

I dont listen to Limbaugh at all. No reason, just dont have time.

sandsjames
09-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh...Im sorry!!! Did I struck a nerve!!!? Because I haven't called you racist here at all. I did mention that I suspected that the OP of this thread was a race baiter not you. But apparently I struck a nerve with you. Sometimes is just that easy...

I will do my part here to make sure I keep you all right wingers in check and I will call you all out when you try to act all racist like its all good, just so when you go outside your bubble don't do something that gets you fired or bring an ass beating upon you.

Nope, you never called me racist...I'm just paranoid.

SomeRandomGuy
09-25-2013, 05:32 PM

Quick question: I live in Dayton, Ohio (well actually the suburbs). If you read the Dayton Daily News just about any monday you can find an article about a shooting or brawl at one of the clubs downtown. It is always the same clubs that have issues. Sometimes things get out of hand and the club gets shut down and reopens under a new name. The clientele never changes though. The clubs that always have problems have the same things in common. They all play hip hop music, and offer drink specials on hard liquor. These clubs have found a very creative way to handle the problem. They instituted a dress code. If you say things like "no baggy pants" or "no hats" you have an excuse to not allow certain people to enter your establishment. The smart clubs normally place a black person at the door to enforce this dress code that way no one can claim racism.

So is it racist for club owners to refuse service to a certain type of person which most often ends up being a black person? Also, why is it that a lot of the clubs white people frequent never seem to have problems? There is a bar called The Yellow Rose that has line dancing on saturday nights. Sure they have their share of fights but I do not think I have ever heard of anyone getting shot there. The whole point of this post is that I will freely admit I stereotype people. If I protect my valuables in a high crime area or refuse to go to certain establishments does that make me racist? I do not really think it does. I do not have a problem with black people at all. I have a problem with the "thug" culture and people who try to emulate thier favorite rappers.

Rusty Jones
09-25-2013, 05:48 PM
I've never been to Ohio, and haven't heard much about Dayton. However, there's a general consensus among blacks that blacks in Cleveland are very "ratchet" (it's a new slang word; look it up in urban dictionary).

Also, why is it that a lot of the clubs white people frequent never seem to have problems?

Interesting video that I think everyone in here should watch - it's called "The Pruitt-Igoe Myth." You can download it for free as torrent.

It centers around a housing project in St Louis that was demolished 20 years after it was built.

But it also talks about the bigger picture: specifically the black migration from the rural south to the urban north after WWII - which was happening at the exact same time that whites were leaving the urban areas and heading to the suburbs... with the jobs following them.

This meant that blacks found that the jobs that they were looking for... weren't there. Most ended up going on public assistance and, as a stipulation, able-bodied men were not allowed to live in these households.

Pruitt-Igoe was but a small microcosm of what was happening across the nation at the time.

I think that many blacks look to slavery as for explanations as to why things are the way they are in the black community; and I've always called BS on it - as blacks in other countries where their ancestors were once slaves don't have the same issues and, for example, slavery doesn't explain why it was common for black families to headed by two parents before the 1960's, but not now.

The Pruitt-Igoe Myth actually provides alot of insight as to what really went wrong, and why it did.

Greg
09-25-2013, 06:29 PM
I've never been to Ohio, and haven't heard much about Dayton. However, there's a general consensus among blacks that blacks in Cleveland are very "ratchet" (it's a new slang word; look it up in urban dictionary).

That's funny, because it's one of the main reasons LeBron James, who is from Akron, gave for "taking my talents to South Beach."

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-25-2013, 06:45 PM
I can back up my reply to your assertion that the right wing "did not care about this case"

Would you consider Hannity "right wing"...or is he a moderate liberal in your world? He was so far inside this case, for awhile it looked like he was going to get called to testify

He really didnt care until those trying to call GZ a white guy and say its because of the Whites and GOP that GZ wasnt tried. After that, he covered it like any other news outlet did while asking "Why is the right wing being blamed for GZ not being tried? IF there is evidence, present it to a grand jury (which never happened) and take it to a trial."

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Right...so unsolved cases of homicide in Chicago have nothing to do with this conversation.

You seem to believe that 100% of the arrests that happen in Chicago end up having a trial. Not every arrest goes to trial because there isnt enough evidence to get past a grand jury. Thats why FL skipped the grand jury, there wasnt enough evidence to say GZ wasnt acting in self-defence.

Bunch
09-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Nope, you never called me racist...I'm just paranoid.

May be you ARE paranoid...

So you posted at me first in response to a post I made directed to the OP in which I questioned the OP intent of the thread and I called the OP a race baiter…you posted this directed at me…

I responded

So I’m clearly referring to the right wingers and that I will "CALL YOU ALL"

"YOU ALL" clearly referring to the right wingers that make racist comments. If you felt alluded there nothing I can do about that. But even then YOU responded to that post with this…

So you clearly felt alluded, thats on you not on me.

Rainmaker
09-25-2013, 07:16 PM

Interesting video that I think everyone in here should watch - it's called "The Pruitt-Igoe Myth." You can download it for free as torrent.

It centers around a housing project in St Louis that was demolished 20 years after it was built.

But it also talks about the bigger picture: specifically the black migration from the rural south to the urban north after WWII - which was happening at the exact same time that whites were leaving the urban areas and heading to the suburbs... with the jobs following them.

This meant that blacks found that the jobs that they were looking for... weren't there. Most ended up going on public assistance and, as a stipulation, able-bodied men were not allowed to live in these households.

Pruitt-Igoe was but a small microcosm of what was happening across the nation at the time.

I think that many blacks look to slavery as for explanations as to why things are the way they are in the black community; and I've always called BS on it - as blacks in other countries where their ancestors were once slaves don't have the same issues and, for example, slavery doesn't explain why it was common for black families to headed by two parents before the 1960's, but not now.The Pruitt-Igoe Myth actually provides alot of insight as to what really went wrong, and why it did.

Rusty hit the nail on the head. Uncle Sam assumed the role of the Father in the Black community. This dysfunctional Uncle has instilled a mindset of Entitlement, Laziness, Disrespect and Ignorance in his Chitlins. It's not a problem of genetics. Anyone who points this out is shouted down as a racist, which is the unforgivable sin in the PC leftist world

kool-aid
09-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Now they are saying black on black violence can be related to mental illness, but that is probably racist too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/navy-yard-shooting-underscores-how-mental-illness-can-be-misdiagnosed-among-black-men/2013/09/24/e1ded664-2554-11e3-b3e9-d97fb087acd6_story.html

Questions about why Alexis’s behavior wasn’t taken more seriously remain unanswered. However, misdiagnosing mental illness among black men has long been an acute problem — with consequences that extend beyond the Navy Yard killings to the daily gun violence throughout urban America.

“For African American males, there is a huge disparity in access to mental-health treatment and gross under-diagnosis of mental illness,” said William Lawson, chairman of the psychiatry department at Howard University’s College of Medicine. “They are much more likely to be viewed as having a behavioral problem rather than a mental disorder.”

And it’s not just the view of the larger society. There is such a stigma around mental illness that black males themselves would rather be seen as “bad instead of mad,” as Lawson puts it. The result is that they are more likely to end up in prison than to get the mental-health services they need.

Rusty Jones
09-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Now they are saying black on black violence can be related to mental illness, but that is probably racist too.

Now THIS is paranoia. Assuming that someone is going to call something "racist."

Pullinteeth
09-26-2013, 12:57 PM

And there are a shitload of racist black people too....your point?

Rusty Jones
09-26-2013, 12:59 PM
And there are a shitload of racist black people too....your point?

In the case of blacks (and whites, for that matter), it has nothing to do with kissing another race's ass.

Racism from whites, at least on the individual level and not the institutional, is actually the LEAST dangerous to blacks. Whites are at the top of the racial food chain. They know where their place is, and they know where blacks are. They have nothing to prove to anyone. No one to shit on to get to the top, because they're already there.

It's the others that blacks need to worry about.

spirit_eyes
09-26-2013, 04:02 PM

This is what I was getting at. Everyone says they want equal rights. Ok, to me equal means the color of your skin, sexual pref, gender, etc mean nothing. Should we have separate bathrooms? Of course. But for jobs, etc, etc the rest shouldn't mean anything. No special treatment, for anyone. But, as a society, we're not grown up enough for that.

Rainmaker
09-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Yes men and women whould have seperate bathrooms, what is a woman gonna do with a urinal?

The ultimate goal of the female liberation movement won't be accomplished until all men are forced by the government to sit down to piss.

Rainmaker
09-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Now THIS is paranoia. Assuming that someone is going to call something "racist."

Rainmaker wouldn't call it Paranoia. He'd call it making an Educated Guess.

Rusty Jones
09-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Rainmaker wouldn't call it Paranoia. He'd call it making an Educated Guess.

Seeing as how Rainmaker comes off as very uneducated, what Rainmaker considers and doesn't consider "educated" isn't relevant.

Rainmaker
09-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Seeing as how Rainmaker comes off as very uneducated, what Rainmaker considers and doesn't consider "educated" isn't relevant.

Rainmaker's an independent learner at the school of hard knocks.

Rusty Jones
09-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Rainmaker's an independent learner at the school of hard knocks.

In other words... not only are you not learning shit, but you haven't gone anywhere to learn shit to begin with.

Rainmaker
09-26-2013, 06:28 PM
In other words... not only are you not learning shit, but you haven't gone anywhere to learn shit to begin with.

Rainmaker Don't know much about geography
Rainmaker Don't know much trigonometry
Rainmaker Don't know much about algebra
Rainmaker Don't know what a slide rule is for

But Rainmaker do know that one and one is two
and Rainmaker do know shit from shinola. NomSayin?

Max Power
09-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes men and women whould have seperate bathrooms, what is a woman gonna do with a urinal?

http://www.go-girl.com/img/goGirl_prodShot3_hp.png

I know a female that uses this when she flies.

Rainmaker
09-26-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.go-girl.com/img/goGirl_prodShot3_hp.png

I know a female that uses this when she flies.

would it be wrong if Rainmaker find that strangely erotic?

AJBIGJ
09-26-2013, 08:23 PM
A fair measuring stick for racism (or many other "ism's" under similar context):

Which individual spends more time in hiding and seclusion?
-The racist
-The racial minority

I would say if a person sat back, looked back, decade by decade, thinking critically, using this as the qualifiable metric, it's fairly easy to determine how far we have/have not come.

Rusty brought up a very cogent point, slavery most certainly was not the direct cause of the most volatile racism our country has experienced in its history, nor much of the poverty many black families experience today. This topic (or the direction we're taking it, necessarily so IMHO) is an onion with a whole lot of layers to analyze. To be intellectually honest with oneself is to approach it holistically and comprehensively. To have those around it, and especially those living it, take a look at what external elements may be mitigating factors towards an individual being successful in achieving their own life goals, and what factors are primarily self-imposed barriers. In many ways it could be looked out in a similar fashion to neo-feminist theories and often myths. Is the "glass ceiling" they experience from the statistical income gap a result from sexism in our culture, something else, or both? I don't think either question has a simplistic answer that would be particularly accurate.

Rainmaker
09-26-2013, 09:52 PM
50 years after the March on Washington: What's changed for African-Americans

CNN Website http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/us/march-on-washington-50th-anniversary-infographic/index.html

Anyone that believes what CNN says must also believe that socialism is working, the free market economy is recovering, the Clintons are moderates, the Neocons are conservatives, and unicorns shit golden skittles.

spirit_eyes
09-30-2013, 04:28 PM
50 years after the March on Washington: What's changed for African-Americans

CNN Website http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/us/march-on-washington-50th-anniversary-infographic/index.html

I would ask, what have African Americans done for themselves? Equal rights, not special rights. And that should go for EVERYONE. Until we can do that, then yes, there will be racism, etc. but some folks think the world owes them. And I would question what group of people, in the history of the world, hasn't had problems? I can't think of one country, etc.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-30-2013, 04:53 PM
AJBIGJ

I've been wanting to watch that documentary that Rusty Jones mentioned a few pages back but haven't gotten around to it.

Speaking from the perspective of a Baltimore resident, I'd have to say that what has destroyed black communities in urban areas of the USA was the illegal drug trade.

A person could then ask the question, what caused the illegal drug trade to flourish in black communities?

I suspect there is no single factor to this but it is an interesting subject to consider.

Bunch
09-30-2013, 04:55 PM
I would ask, what have African Americans done for themselves? Equal rights, not special rights. And that should go for EVERYONE. Until we can do that, then yes, there will be racism, etc. but some folks think the world owes them. And I would question what group of people, in the history of the world, hasn't had problems? I can't think of one country, etc.

Do you even graps the impact that slavery, segregation and racism can have on an individual or a group of individuals? The educational, economic, psychological impact that these can cause? You seem to think that because african americans have had some rights for the past 60-50 years that this should or would erase all the damage thats been done to them by something so vile like slavery, segregation and racism. It is appaling to me that you would talk so dismissively about the impact that slavery, segregation and racism (social and institutional) and just label it as "just another problem" "what group of people haven't had any problems?"... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

I've been a victim of racism many times over. Have you? Because is a feeling that everytime I feel it and everytime I'm subjected to racism I can tell you is the worst feeling I ever get. Thats just to me, imagine that to people that were segregated against for decades. Now imagine that feeling into an entire society that was brought by force from another country in shackles to be prisoners of the anglo americans who just wanted to make money on the backs of the blacks they brought and rape for hunderds of years. Do you really think that is something to be dismissive about?

The problem with people that think your way is that it usually comes from a place in which you can't relate to the torment that the african american community has had to endure in this country. Racism didn't ended in the civil rights era that was just the beginning of a fight for equality that is still being fought today. Social racism and institutional racism is alive and well in this country and thats why I'm glad we have people like Jackson, Sharpton and other pointing at it every chance they can.

spirit_eyes
09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
I am a Native American female. My people were also slaves ( and yes, the Cherokee, among most tribes did have slaves. But usually, the people were only slaves until they learned the language, etc. then adopted, married, etc)
My people were the last to get voting rights, etc. google it.

TJMAC77SP
09-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Do you even graps the impact that slavery, segregation and racism can have on an individual or a group of individuals? The educational, economic, psychological impact that these can cause? You seem to think that because african americans have had some rights for the past 60-50 years that this should or would erase all the damage thats been done to them by something so vile like slavery, segregation and racism. It is appaling to me that you would talk so dismissively about the impact that slavery, segregation and racism (social and institutional) and just label it as "just another problem" "what group of people haven't had any problems?"... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

I've been a victim of racism many times over. Have you? Because is a feeling that everytime I feel it and everytime I'm subjected to racism I can tell you is the worst feeling I ever get. Thats just to me, imagine that to people that were segregated against for decades. Now imagine that feeling into an entire society that was brought by force from another country in shackles to be prisoners of the anglo americans who just wanted to make money on the backs of the blacks they brought and rape for hunderds of years. Do you really think that is something to be dismissive about?

The problem with people that think your way is that it usually comes from a place in which you can't relate to the torment that the african american community has had to endure in this country. Racism didn't ended in the civil rights era that was just the beginning of a fight for equality that is still being fought today. Social racism and institutional racism is alive and well in this country and thats why I'm glad we have people like Jackson, Sharpton and other pointing at it every chance they can.

So the answer to my question is that you DO admire Sharpton and Jackson?

AJBIGJ
09-30-2013, 05:11 PM
AJBIGJ

I've been wanting to watch that documentary that Rusty Jones mentioned a few pages back but haven't gotten around to it.

Speaking from the perspective of a Baltimore resident, I'd have to say that what has destroyed black communities in urban areas of the USA was the illegal drug trade.

A person could then ask the question, what caused the illegal drug trade to flourish in black communities?

I suspect there is no single factor to this but it is an interesting subject to consider.

I'm sure the prohibition of narcotics was definitely a factor after enough decades of it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of violent crime related to the acquisition of cigarettes for instance, so that might be a driving force. The bigger question I think is why addiction becomes so common in the already impoverished areas of society, although it may simply be that the same addiction happens everywhere, but violent crime becomes more commonplace in those impoverished areas because most people who are already dirt poor are not able to afford black market rates of the narcotics they become addicted to. I think you're right about the drug trade being a major factor, and I imagine even the non-users get dragged into the murk with their neighbors when it occurs. It is a complex problem one can be certain.

AJBIGJ
09-30-2013, 05:21 PM
I think it's fair to say that the types of "racial profiling" against black people more common today stems from an entirely different source than the 60's Jim Crow Era racism more common back in the day. To compare the two is to compare apples and oranges somewhat. I think a lot of racial assumptions are often the effect of what AA and myself were discussing. People (of any race) often leap to assume black males are uneducated, violent, criminals, because statistically, it is actually a fair assumption as often as not. I think we as people need to stop apologizing for genuine thugishness in our culture, it's existence is why we even have issues of racial tension these days in the first place. If we want to move our country and culture past racial issues, we'll have to do something to address the statistic as well, the two are certainly interlinked. I think if we can get the majority of our disenfranchised brothers away from that culture and on a path to move past their circumstances, a lot of anything resembling racial tensions will surely fade along with it.

Bunch
09-30-2013, 05:30 PM
I am a Native American female. My people were also slaves ( and yes, the Cherokee, among most tribes did have slaves. But usually, the people were only slaves until they learned the language, etc. then adopted, married, etc)
My people were the last to get voting rights, etc. google it.

Then you at least have some level of perspective about what I'm referring too. Why you choose to be dismissive about the plight of African Americans in this country is beyond me. Did they ask to come here? Where they empowered when they got here? Where they paid when brought here? What about hundreds of years after that? That's where the economic disparity began. Where they allowed to vote? Where they allowed to own land? Where they allowed to educate their children? I can go on and on...

My point is that many of those that attack the African American community as a whole due so while not really grasping the severity of what their place has been in this country for all but the last 60-50 years if so.

SomeRandomGuy
09-30-2013, 05:54 PM
I think it's fair to say that the types of "racial profiling" against black people more common today stems from an entirely different source than the 60's Jim Crow Era racism more common back in the day. To compare the two is to compare apples and oranges somewhat. I think a lot of racial assumptions are often the effect of what AA and myself were discussing. People (of any race) often leap to assume black males are uneducated, violent, criminals, because statistically, it is actually a fair assumption as often as not. I think we as people need to stop apologizing for genuine thugishness in our culture, it's existence is why we even have issues of racial tension these days in the first place. If we want to move our country and culture past racial issues, we'll have to do something to address the statistic as well, the two are certainly interlinked. I think if we can get the majority of our disenfranchised brothers away from that culture and on a path to move past their circumstances, a lot of anything resembling racial tensions will surely fade along with it.

I think you are onto something here. As Rusty mentioned several posts above, most white people do not put up with "white trash". In fact, you can freely call someone white trash and no one will ever consider you racist for saying it, regardless of what race you are. On the other hand if you call a black person a "hoodrat" or "thug" you might get your ass kicked or be accused of being racist. To my knowledge, the only people in the white community who asspire to be white trash are those making money off it (honey boo-boo as an example). In the white community we laugh at those people but none of us really embrace them as part of "our culture". On the other hand some in the black community defend rappers and drug dealers and in some cases asspire to be just like them. It really is time for the black community to disown some of the idiots who are hindering progress. In the white community we laugh idiots like honey boo-boo off as someone who cant possibly be serious. In the black community someone who embraces Thug life becomes a role model. Say for example Tupac. Have you ever heard anyone say, "Surely, he can't be serious looking/acting like that" ?

AJBIGJ
09-30-2013, 06:41 PM
I think you are onto something here. As Rusty mentioned several posts above, most white people do not put up with "white trash". In fact, you can freely call someone white trash and no one will ever consider you racist for saying it, regardless of what race you are. On the other hand if you call a black person a "hoodrat" or "thug" you might get your ass kicked or be accused of being racist. To my knowledge, the only people in the white community who asspire to be white trash are those making money off it (honey boo-boo as an example). In the white community we laugh at those people but none of us really embrace them as part of "our culture". On the other hand some in the black community defend rappers and drug dealers and in some cases asspire to be just like them. It really is time for the black community to disown some of the idiots who are hindering progress. In the white community we laugh idiots like honey boo-boo off as someone who cant possibly be serious. In the black community someone who embraces Thug life becomes a role model. Say for example Tupac. Have you ever heard anyone say, "Surely, he can't be serious looking/acting like that" ?

I will say though, asking the "black community" to disavow this is no small thing we're asking. Bill Cosby very infamously voiced an opinion on the subject and it was not entirely well-received, despite the fact that he is personally without question a role model worth having, at least in my personal opinion. There have been others as well, but the only way I personally can see it going away in our culture is for the industry that is profiting from the lifestyle to also disavow it at large, which I would generously classify as "highly unlikely". I hope we see a lot of celebrity from that community rise up, have sort of an "My name's not Ashton, it's Chris" type of speeches that really impress upon the youth in that community a more personal responsibility-oriented paradigm.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-30-2013, 06:43 PM

I completely disagree with you on this.

The country music industry glorifies negative stereotypes of white people and way too many whites celebrate images of the country redneck as someone to emulate.

In addition, I grew up in a poor white neighborhood and know for a fact that outlaw biker groups are held in high regard by way too many young white males who feel they are on the fringe of society.

That dumbass Harley culture is just as stupid as Gansta Rap culture, actually it is the exact same thing! One is marketed to whites while the other is marketed to blacks.

I don’t think you are being intellectual honest with yourself on this.

Pullinteeth
09-30-2013, 07:18 PM

The country music industry glorifies negative stereotypes of white people and way too many whites celebrate images of the country redneck as someone to emulate.

In addition, I grew up in a poor white neighborhood and know for a fact that outlaw biker groups are held in high regard by way too many young white males who feel they are on the fringe of society.

That dumbass Harley culture is just as stupid as Gansta Rap culture, actually it is the exact same thing! One is marketed to whites while the other is marketed to blacks.

I think you just missed what he and Rusty were saying. They aren't saying that whites don't have dumb@$$es.... they are saying it isn't as culturally acceptable to be a white dumbass. White dumbasses are generally on the fringe of what is considered white mainstream culture whereas in the black community, respectable hardworking blacks are often percieved as on the fringe or even outside the black mainstream culture whereas the poor and thugs are considered to be "real" blacks....

SomeRandomGuy
09-30-2013, 07:35 PM

Which of the three of these do you see most often out on the town? If you had a very diverse group of Facebook Friends (all races) how many profile pictures would you see that look like one of these three? Which of the three would it be? I guess my point is that in the white community we openly make fun of "people of walmart" or anyone else who is dressed ridiculously or acts ridiculously. I guess maybe I have to concede that bikers are the "thugs" of the white race. With that being said I cannot name a single biker off hand who is considered a role model in the white community (though I am sure there are some). How many thugs could you name that black people look up to?

Absinthe Anecdote
09-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Which of the three of these do you see most often out on the town? If you had a very diverse group of Facebook Friends (all races) how many profile pictures would you see that look like one of these three? Which of the three would it be? I guess my point is that in the white community we openly make fun of "people of walmart" or anyone else who is dressed ridiculously or acts ridiculously. I guess maybe I have to concede that bikers are the "thugs" of the white race. With that being said I cannot name a single biker off hand who is considered a role model in the white community (though I am sure there are some). How many thugs could you name that black people look up to?

I refuted your statement that white people always reject negative stereotypes of whites in the entertainment and movie industries, I pointed specifically to country music as being rife with negative stereo types of white people that are embraced on a large scale.

I also pointed out how criminal biker gangs are admired by poor white kids who are on the fringe of society. How is Gangsta culture any different from biker culture?

Is every white dude on a Harley a criminal? Of course not, but how many times can you look and see biker imagery in crap coming out of Hollywood or Nashville?

Shit, you've bought into the stereotypes so much that you are calling Walmart Shoppers idiots. The fact that you claim that whites are above falling victim to stereotypes is absurd.

Besides, music and film are not driving criminal behavior!

Blaming the music industry for the black community's problems makes an interesting segment on the Sean Hanity Show but it is intellectually dishonest because drug gangs in the ghetto pre-date gangsta rap.

Young people (regardless of race) living in slums have been drawn into criminal life for hundreds of years.

kool-aid
09-30-2013, 10:13 PM

60 years hasn't been enough time to drop the crutches of special programs and stand on their own.

TJMAC77SP
09-30-2013, 10:44 PM
I refuted your statement that white people always reject negative stereotypes of whites in the entertainment and movie industries, I pointed specifically to country music as being rife with negative stereo types of white people that are embraced on a large scale.

I also pointed out how criminal biker gangs are admired by poor white kids who are on the fringe of society. How is Gangsta culture any different from biker culture?

Is every white dude on a Harley a criminal? Of course not, but how many times can you look and see biker imagery in crap coming out of Hollywood or Nashville?

Shit, you've bought into the stereotypes so much that you are calling Walmart Shoppers idiots. The fact that you claim that whites are above falling victim to stereotypes is absurd.

Besides, music and film are not driving criminal behavior!

Blaming the music industry for the black community's problems makes an interesting segment on the Sean Hanity Show but it is intellectually dishonest because drug gangs in the ghetto pre-date gangsta rap.

Young people (regardless of race) living in slums have been drawn into criminal life for hundreds of years.

What are the negative stereotypes you speak of in the country music industry and other than SoA what examples in popular culture glorify the biker image? Truth is most people on Harley's nowadays are baby boomers.

While I cannot claim one single source is to blame for anything to dismiss the impact the music industry has on black youth (and the not so young as well) just plain defies logic and the facts.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-01-2013, 12:18 AM
What are the negative stereotypes you speak of in the country music industry and other than SoA what examples in popular culture glorify the biker image? Truth is most people on Harley's nowadays are baby boomers.

While I cannot claim one single source is to blame for anything to dismiss the impact the music industry has on black youth (and the not so young as well) just plain defies logic and the facts.

Are you trying to be difficult and just pretending not to see negative images in country music?

How about drunkenly shooting juke boxes, getting divorced, cheating hearts, drowning your sorrows in whiskey, getting run over by a reindeer every fucking Christmas, and the hundreds of country anthems that chest thump about being an uneducated redneck? It is just as dumb as anything you hear in rap music.

I did acknowledge that not everyone on a Harley is a criminal but the fact that the biker image is embraced by baby boomers to such a degree backs up my assertion that white folks gobble up the bullshit that the entertainment industry feeds them just as much as black folks do.

My original post was in reply to SRG's claim that white people just laugh at negative stereotypes of whites and don't try to emulate them.

The second point I made is that film and music aren't the driving forces behind criminal activity.

Street gangs in the USA have been a serious problem since the 1830's and the driving force behind it is a desire for money and respect by those who are on the economic fringes of society.

I'll admit that some youth crime is driven by an adolescent desire to be respected and that images in pop culture might help feed the cycle. Unfortunately, that is as far as I'll go with you on that theory.

Film and music are generally reflections of society and not the drivers of it in my opinion.

Gangsta rap evolved from gangstas, not the other way around.

Music is not the driving force behind gang violence in American cities, the struggle for control of the lucrative drug trade is what is driving it.

sandsjames
10-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Are you trying to be difficult and just pretending not to see negative images in country music?

How about drunkenly shooting juke boxes, getting divorced, cheating hearts, drowning your sorrows in whiskey, getting run over by a reindeer every fucking Christmas, and the hundreds of country anthems that chest thump about being an uneducated redneck? It is just as dumb as anything you hear in rap music.

I did acknowledge that not everyone on a Harley is a criminal but the fact that the biker image is embraced by baby boomers to such a degree backs up my assertion that white folks gobble up the bullshit that the entertainment industry feeds them just as much as black folks do.

My original post was in reply to SRG's claim that white people just laugh at negative stereotypes of whites and don't try to emulate them.

The second point I made is that film and music aren't the driving forces behind criminal activity.

Street gangs in the USA have been a serious problem since the 1830's and the driving force behind it is a desire for money and respect by those who are on the economic fringes of society.

I'll admit that some youth crime is driven by an adolescent desire to be respected and that images in pop culture might help feed the cycle. Unfortunately, that is as far as I'll go with you on that theory.

Film and music are generally reflections of society and not the drivers of it in my opinion.

Music is not the driving force behind gang violence in American cities, the struggle for control of the lucrative drug trade is what is driving it.

What decade are these stereotypes from? Now if you'd have said the stereotype is that they are racist, ultra conservative hicks then I'd be on board, but shooting juke boxes, divorce, etc...really?

TJMAC77SP
10-01-2013, 01:41 AM

I asked a serious question and your answer and examples hardly illustrate an apples to apples comparison to the negative aspects of the so-called gangsta music scene. I was genuinely curious about what you considered such negative stereotypes and now I know.

I think you are making a flawed logic jump between a baby boomer who wears a bunch of Harley Davidson bling and clothing and the true 1 percenter who is the biker outlaw.

Seems you are making absolute statements and overreaching comparisons the same as SRG evidently did.

I will say that I appreciate you at least putting your words out there and not just clicking some silly button.

AFcynic
10-01-2013, 01:56 AM
[QUOTE=TJMAC77SP;655944]I think you are making a flawed logic jump between a baby boomer who wears a bunch of Harley Davidson bling and clothing and the true 1 percenter who is the biker outlaw. /QUOTE]

I always laugh when I see a car or truck with a Harley Davidson sticker on the back window. Are you saying you like Harley stuff, or do you own a Harley, or are you just trying to look cool? You look douchey and desperate. Kind of like a guy in a Mazda Miata.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-01-2013, 02:22 AM
I asked a serious question and your answer and examples hardly illustrate an apples to apples comparison to the negative aspects of the so-called gangsta music scene. I was genuinely curious about what you considered such negative stereotypes and now I know.

I think you are making a flawed logic jump between a baby boomer who wears a bunch of Harley Davidson bling and clothing and the true 1 percenter who is the biker outlaw.

Seems you are making absolute statements and overreaching comparisons the same as SRG evidently did.

I will say that I appreciate you at least putting your words out there and not just clicking some silly button.

You are just trying to get me spun up... I never claimed that they where the same thing...

Either you are just fucking with me or you are not reading my posts carefully.

As for country music, it has done more to disparage white southerners than anything else. That is the reason I can't stand that shit, it proudly wallows in absurd themes that people associate with the South.

It isn't cute or down home or folksy. It is music that is manufactured by marketing formulas an follows a predictable pattern just like rap music.

AJBIGJ
10-01-2013, 02:40 AM
I think it'd be disingenuous for any of us to rule out any particular cultural influence if it seems reasonable without exploring it more deeply first. Does the entertainment industry have an influence? It most certainly does. However, it is important to acknowledge that the current state entertainment industry didn't suddenly appear out of a vacuum. There have to have been market signals indicating a demand for the types of "entertainment" that have risen in pop culture. So what caused that? The black markets I think have their place in this blame, for both illegal substances and for violent weapons. It is no accident in my perspective that the worst places of cultural disarray happen to stem from areas in our country where the restrictions are the most severe. It also seems to be influenced to an extent by being in proximity to the most urban of conditions. Is that important? I honestly can't say, but it's certainly a major coincidence if it's not a factor in and of itself.

I know it is currently non-PC to drop the "f-word" in civil conversation, but I cannot deny that the current state of family is a major contributor. There are more than enough single parent households that stem from those types of communities, for a whole gamut of reasons. Does it present a barrier that cannot be surpassed? Obviously not, one of this country's most respected neurosurgeons rose up from precisely such an environment. Children need strong adult influences in their own lives, if they cannot find it within their own households they will seek the next available option. Unfortunately, when this strong influence comes from older children and teenagers who are themselves a bad influence, it makes it very much more difficult for those young children to move beyond it and become a boon to productive society, rather than one of the things that pulls it back down.

TJMAC77SP
10-01-2013, 03:46 AM
I always laugh when I see a car or truck with a Harley Davidson sticker on the back window. Are you saying you like Harley stuff, or do you own a Harley, or are you just trying to look cool? You look douchey and desperate. Kind of like a guy in a Mazda Miata.

I can't disagree with that but what I don't see is a Outlaw wannabe

TJMAC77SP
10-01-2013, 03:50 AM
You are just trying to get me spun up... I never claimed that they where the same thing...

As for country music, it has done more to disparage white southerners than anything else. That is the reason I can't stand that shit, it proudly wallows in absurd themes that people associate with the South.

It isn't cute or down home or folksy. It is music that is manufactured by marketing formulas an follows a predictable pattern just like rap music.

I am not trying to do anything but understand your position and, in this case disagree with the train of thought.

I am reading your posts as carefully as I read anything. Perhaps I misunderstood your statement..."I did acknowledge that not everyone on a Harley is a criminal but the fact that the biker image ...."

Who were you speaking of when referring to the 'biker image' if not the outlaw bikers?

I also think that what has done the most harm to white southerners is the uninformed opinions of anyone but white southerners when speaking of white southerners. You have been around here awhile......I ask you to harken back to the incredible ignorance spouted by JoeB when speaking of the subject. Opinions borne of spending a short time in Jacksonville, NC and bolstered by what he wanted to see.

Monkey
10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
If a white woman sitting on a bus clutches her purse as a black man walks down the aisle... sure, she many have black friends and all that. BUT... look what she did, without even thinking about it.

Sorry to dredge this one back up, but I can't ignore it any longer. The scenario you created here leaves a lot to the imagination and can easily dismissed as "true" without argument. But does it really tell the whole truth? Let's clean it up a bit.

Let's start with the "white woman". What if the woman was black? Are you saying that black women are more trusting than whites? Or are you saying that black women are better judges of character? Or maybe black women are stronger and less likely to be a "victim"?

How about the "black man"? Do you think the woman would clutch her purse for every black man that walks by no matter how they are dressed, how they walk, how they talk? Do you think she wouldn't clutch her purse for any white men who walk by? I'm pretty sure that most women would become nervous with any man/woman who could be perceived as menacing.

Maybe you should use a better example that can be backed by statistics such as the chances of a black man/woman getting hired/paid appropriate with an equally educated/qualified white man/woman. Unfortunately then you would open a can of worms regarding the sexism part as well.

imported_WILDJOKER5
10-01-2013, 06:45 PM

Which one of those guys are actually part of a drug dealing, gun running biker gang? Whites get marketed to by actors while blacks get to look at the real thing. And when was the last time the drug pushing, womanizing, cultist, redneck, white trash turned millionaire off their promotion of crime industry was a constant guest at the white house? Jay-Z anyone?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/01/rapper-jay-z-says-dealing-drugs-helped-shape-his-business-skills/

imported_WILDJOKER5
10-01-2013, 06:52 PM

Can we go on percentages here or will you ignore the obvious? Of those on bikes, would you classify them as criminals? I wouldnt classify black bikers as criminals, and I see them around here all the time. But if I see the "thugs" or even "wankers" (white gangsters) outfits, they scream that they have been in jail or are going there soon. What is the percentage of black males that end with some felony anyways. Same question for whites.

imported_WILDJOKER5
10-01-2013, 06:55 PM

He might be talking about the songs about selling meth...no. How about the songs saying they have 15 baby mamas....no? The country songs about drive bys in the hood....no? Must be all those violents references Charly Daniels makes towards people of different races or saying F' the police...no?

imported_WILDJOKER5
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM

Like the negative stereotype of driving on a dirt road, or drinking from a red solo cup. Or the one about throwing cans at the dudes cheating spouse and lover? That is close to gangster rap. And NO ONE in other parts of the world ever does things like that. Only poor, white trash southern whites...

Absinthe Anecdote
10-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Like the negative stereotype of driving on a dirt road, or drinking from a red solo cup. Or the one about throwing cans at the dudes cheating spouse and lover? That is close to gangster rap. And NO ONE in other parts of the world ever does things like that. Only poor, white trash southern whites...

Calm down country music fan. I should have known that one of you guys would blow their top over this.

I happen to be a poor southern white guy who doesn't like country music and who happens to be annoyed at people who chest thump about being proud rednecks.

In my opinion, gangsta rap is dumb and country music is dumb. A prominent feature of both genres is the insane amount boastfulness over their particular ethnic group.

My initial comments on this topic were to refute a claim made that white people don't buy into the personas marketed to them by the music industry.

The way you appear to be getting your Duluth Trading Company underwear twisted into a knot over my comments is proving me right.

I don't have any desire to carry this conversation any further because it has strayed too far from the point.

Relax, the History Channel is running a new episode of everyone's favorite moonshiner, Tickle, tonight. Go pick yourself up a twelve pack now so you'll be able bask in the warm glow of cheap beer and a lovable redneck buffoon when the show comes on later.

Bunch
10-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Relax, the History Channel is running a new episode of everyone's favorite moonshiner, Tickle, tonight. Go pick yourself up a twelve pack now so you'll be able bask in the warm glow of cheap beer and a lovable redneck buffoon when the show comes on later.

Or Duck Dynasty... I think is always on...now I dont care what any of you think but thats a great show!!!

Rainmaker
10-02-2013, 04:23 AM

Rainmaker agree with most of what Abs sayin... cept for this little nugget. Fact is the Music and Film industries are filled with parasitic, morally bankrupt, followers of the occult. Like a tick on the hosts ass. these people have no concern for the shit they unleash. Negative and self-destructive behavior is regularly portrayed in a positive light (in order to make billions). go watch a flick up there in West Blackamore (Rainmaker recommend Abs take in Django unchained on a Friday night for full effect) and come back and tell me you don't think it drives the ghetto kulture at least a little bit. Keep yo head on a swivel in the parking lot. Muhfuggas like to be playin the Knockout game after they watch it. NomSayin?

TJMAC77SP
10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Calm down country music fan. I should have known that one of you guys would blow their top over this.

I happen to be a poor southern white guy who doesn't like country music and who happens to be annoyed at people who chest thump about being proud rednecks.

In my opinion, gangsta rap is dumb and country music is dumb. A prominent feature of both genres is the insane amount boastfulness over their particular ethnic group.

My initial comments on this topic were to refute a claim made that white people don't buy into the personas marketed to them by the music industry.

The way you appear to be getting your Duluth Trading Company underwear twisted into a knot over my comments is proving me right.

I don't have any desire to carry this conversation any further because it has strayed too far from the point.

Strayed too far............yeah that's the reason.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Strayed too far............yeah that's the reason.

Yeah, that is the reason because I don't even know what we are talking about at this point.

Sounds like you guys are trying to defend the merits of redneck culture? I don't want to play in that discussion.

Rainmaker

Django Unchained is a movie for white folks. It wasn't made for a black audience, it is basically a spoof of black power movies of the 1970s.

Rainmaker
10-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Yeah, that is the reason because I don't even know what we are talking about at this point.

Sounds like you guys are trying to defend the merits of redneck culture? I don't want to play in that discussion.

Rainmaker

Django Unchained is a movie for white folks. It wasn't made for a black audience, it is basically a spoof of black power movies of the 1970s.

When it opened on Christmas Day in Baltimore what color would Abs guess the majority of the audience was? In today's Kulture Django is just a modern day positive themed Christmas movie like It's wonderful life or miracle on 34th street. Rainmaker Wonders how many of the youffs watchin got the message that it wasn't made for them? Q's getting paid big $$ by the Hollywood money to create his "art". For this Frankfurt school following element creating racial division and Anti-white ethos is just a side bonus to the money. Quint-ins laughing all the way to the bank.

Rainmaker
10-03-2013, 04:47 AM
Just prop Rainmaker up beside the jukebox if he dies. Nomsayin?

imported_WILDJOKER5
10-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Calm down country music fan. I should have known that one of you guys would blow their top over this.Sad age we live in when someone stands up for something and is accused of being a fan. I am actually a rock/rap fan, just know something about other genres and call people out for their misrepresentations.

I happen to be a poor southern white guy who doesn't like country music and who happens to be annoyed at people who chest thump about being proud rednecks.Well, when there is a country singer that praises being a meth head or being a wife beater, let us know. Until then, listen to country music and imagine country people, because there is a difference in "country" and "redneck".

In my opinion, gangsta rap is dumb and country music is dumb. A prominent feature of both genres is the insane amount boastfulness over their particular ethnic group.All music really focuses on some form of feature of their listening audience. Just seems weird you can say country music is close to gangsta rap. One talks about drive bys while the other talks about driving down a dirt road.

My initial comments on this topic were to refute a claim made that white people don't buy into the personas marketed to them by the music industry.I think we all do. Just whites and country music isnt a negative to productivity of society. Country music also talks about putting in hard days of work and working for a 14 hr day to survive.

Sad that you cant help but to try and insult me.

I don't have any desire to carry this conversation any further because it has strayed too far from the point.No, the point is still valid. Its a contrast of why most black males end up in jail at least once in their life and why 70% of black babies are born without a father.

Thats funny, cause I am no where near that kind of person. Its called expanding your horizons and knowing more about someone elses culture.

imported_WILDJOKER5
10-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Huh? It didnt inspire me to see it at all. I am white, and there was no appeal to me what so ever. But I guess Broke Back Mountain was really for straight guys too?

imnohero
10-03-2013, 02:18 PM
When it opened on Christmas Day in Baltimore what color would Abs guess the majority of the audience was? In today's Kulture Django is just a modern day positive themed Christmas movie like It's wonderful life or miracle on 34th street. Rainmaker Wonders how many of the youffs watchin got the message that it wasn't made for them? Q's getting paid big $$ by the Hollywood money to create his "art". For this Frankfurt school following element creating racial division and Anti-white ethos is just a side bonus to the money. Quint-ins laughing all the way to the bank.

Now I know what your sayin'.

kool-aid
10-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Money and Hoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ack0UqYoEE8

Now there's a fine example of how urban culture teaches music lovers what's important in life.

TJMAC77SP
10-04-2013, 01:36 PM

You are the one who started that particular line of reasoning. Flawed reasoning in that is was a faulty comparison. You may not like country music but your comparison of it to the 'gangsta' music genre is severely flawed. My opinion is that you see that and thus you don't want to 'play in that discussion'.

spirit_eyes
10-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Ok, I'll ask my question again.
Why isn't Jesse Jackson, sharpton, and the rest, upset over how many black people kill each other, every day, in Chicago?
They'll rant and rave over other things. But not about black on black? I, personally, find that racist. Actually, I find race it's self racist. One thing using color to describe what a person looks like. Another to use it to put them in a racial group.

Rusty Jones
10-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Why isn't Jesse Jackson, sharpton, and the rest, upset over how many black people kill each other, every day, in Chicago?
They'll rant and rave over other things. But not about black on black? I, personally, find that racist. Actually, I find race it's self racist. One thing using color to describe what a person looks like. Another to use it to put them in a racial group.

You're a twinkie, aren't you? Let's see some pics!

Bunch
10-04-2013, 03:33 PM

You are just raising a strawman arguement in order to critize Jackson and Sharpton for their actions against racism. Your premise is false, is a lie, is what racist people in this country, like Beck/Hannity/ Limbaugh, use in order to legitimize racism and feel good about being racist. BUT IS ALL A LIE!!! You just want to feel comfortable speaking bad about black people. Your arguement is lazy, uninformed and uneducated, something that with a simple google search you will get your answer in seconds, but you refuse to educate yourself, because you rather live with you racial bias against black people than inform yourself about the issue.

"Out with guns, in with jobs," the Rev. Jesse Jackson said to me in his trademark gravelly voice. "We're going to march in 20 cities" hard hit by the gun violence that has made the streets of America a bigger killing field for young black men in the United States than the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been for U.S. troops.

For Jackson, who turned 70 in October, ending the black-on-black carnage in this country could be his last big campaign.

"Each year … about 7,000 African Americans are murdered, more than nine times out of 10 by other African Americans," Jackson said in a painful acknowledgment of a crisis that for too long has received "drive-by" attention from most black leaders. But beginning with the marches his Rainbow PUSH Coalition will hold in cities from Baltimore to Tulsa the day before Father's Day, Jackson said ending this slaughter will be a major goal for him[/b]

Link to article:http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/story/2012-06-12/jesse-jackson-gun-violence-marches/55527742/1

The Rev. Al Sharpton is calling for a high-profile community summit to address black-on-black violence after Harlem was rocked by a wave of shootings over Memorial Day.

"Last year alone, nearly one black child a day under the age of 17 was shot and killed in New York City. Shot mostly by other black city residents," Sharpton said.

"Shootings and violence within our community by one of our own is an outrage and an issue that we must confront as diligently and as passionately as a sensational case of police misconduct or brutality."

Link to article: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/rev-al-sharpton-talk-violence-black-neighborhoods-article-1.292142

Just be a proud racist, instead of playing shady racial shenanigans, at least I will get to respect you more.

Rusty Jones
10-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I bet Spirit Eyes could pass for a pure Scandinavian. Ignoring race only benefits the status quo; so why else would she have made her last rant?

Bunch
10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I bet Spirit Eyes could pass for a pure Scandinavian. Ignoring race only benefits the status quo; so why else would she have made her last rant?

I think is a just a lazy attempt at justifying her own racial bias, she like many people are racist but they don't even know why. So like many other racist people she blames black people for making her racist towards black people.

kool-aid
10-04-2013, 06:18 PM
I think is a just a lazy attempt at justifying her own racial bias, she like many people are racist but they don't even know why. So like many other racist people she blames black people for making her racist towards black people.

I'm black and I must be racist too because I think it's sad how so many of us don't even try to get a hand up instead of a hand out. Blaming everything on your situation is a load of crap. I joined the Army because I knew I wanted better that what was around me and I worked hard to be an American instead of African American. It's time to lose the crutches and man up.

TJMAC77SP
10-04-2013, 06:21 PM

Perhaps if the links to the two articles outlining the efforts of Jackson and Sharpton had been on Page 1 instead of Page 14 Spirit_Eyes would have had her questions answered.

I was somewhat surprised by the articles myself. As a fairly avid reader (and viewer) of all sorts of mainstream news outlets I have never heard of these efforts. Were they new campaigns in 2012 and 2008 (dates of the articles) and have they continued? What activities and cities have these campaigns been active in?

Bunch
10-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm black and I must be racist too because I think it's sad how so many of us don't even try to get a hand up instead of a hand out. Blaming everything on your situation is a load of crap. I joined the Army because I knew I wanted better that what was around me and I worked hard to be an American instead of African American. It's time to lose the crutches and man up.

Your statement has nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

Bunch
10-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Perhaps if the links to the two articles outlining the efforts of Jackson and Sharpton had been on Page 1 instead of Page 14 Spirit_Eyes would have had her questions answered.

I was somewhat surprised by the articles myself. As a fairly avid reader (and viewer) of all sorts of mainstream news outlets I have never heard of these efforts. Were they new campaigns in 2012 and 2008 (dates of the articles) and have they continued? What activities and cities have these campaigns been active in?

No.

I like people to make fools of themselves, exposed them for what they really are and then educate them with TRUTH.

spirit_eyes
10-04-2013, 08:10 PM
I grew up in a very small town ( under 1000). I joined the navy, rather than work bagging groceries, or shoe/ woolen mill type work.
Now? I own my house, have a decent pension, get my disability, and enjoy life out in the woods.
Taking from Uncle Sam? Hey, I gave 20 ad, so I figured I paid dues.

spirit_eyes
10-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Actually, his statement does. And since I'm the one that asked, I figured I was answered by his comment,

kool-aid
10-04-2013, 08:14 PM

Actually it does, because if people could take the chips off their shoulders and just embrace the opportunities we are afforded in America, there would be no need for the Jacksons and Sharptons to stir up people. BTW, who are the equivalents of them for the other races in America?

Rusty Jones
10-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Actually it does, because if people could take the chips off their shoulders and just embrace the opportunities we are afforded in America, there would be no need for the Jacksons and Sharptons to stir up people. BTW, who are the equivalents of them for the other races in America?

Actually, it doesn't. The point of your rant was to showcase how much of an outlier you are from the rest of the black community.

kool-aid
10-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Actually, it doesn't. The point of your rant was to showcase how much of an outlier you are from the rest of the black community.

And that's a bad thing? To not put my race before trying to be successful and happy?

Rusty Jones
10-04-2013, 08:30 PM
And that's a bad thing? To not put my race before trying to be successful and happy?

Yes it's a bad thing. By making yourself out to be the exception, you make black people out to be shit by default.

AJBIGJ
10-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I must say the term "black community" has continued to confuse me. The name itself implies a desire for a purposeful separation from the "whole community" which to me sounds like a form of deliberate segregation. I won't say that's a "racist" concept per se, because I don't believe it is legitimately necessarily a "racist" thing to choose to associate with individuals you feel comfortable being around, whatever the motivation for that may be. It does however imply that individuals espousing this viewpoint have a desire to see the separation for a purpose. The purpose itself may be any number of things, the question being specifically which things? It's definitely not a viewpoint I would imagine MLK at least would have desired. I do know of individuals that might historically have desired it.

sandsjames
10-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Yes it's a bad thing. By making yourself out to be the exception, you make black people out to be shit by default.

That's like saying that by disassociating myself with rednecks, I'm making white people out to be shit.

What you've done is to say that if you're black you should act like a thug, you should fit the stereotype, or you aren't "black enough".

I sometimes wonder how race relations in the U.S. would be if "Uncle Tom's Cabin" had never been written. It seems that any black person who tries to not fit a stereotype is labeled as an outcast and this discourages behavior that could lead to more success and fewer negative stereotypes.

kool-aid
10-04-2013, 08:37 PM
That's like saying that by disassociating myself with rednecks, I'm making white people out to be shit.

What you've done is to say that if you're black you should act like a thug, you should fit the stereotype, or you aren't "black enough".

I sometimes wonder how race relations in the U.S. would be if "Uncle Tom's Cabin" had never been written. It seems that any black person who tries to not fit a stereotype is labeled as an outcast and this discourages behavior that could lead to more success and fewer negative stereotypes.

Exactly

AFcynic
10-04-2013, 08:38 PM
You pooped in the refrigerator, and you ate the whole wheel of cheese?

Rusty Jones
10-04-2013, 08:50 PM

No, it's not - unless you consider white people to be rednecks by default, and that any white person who isn't a redneck is an exception. Come on, you're not that dumb are you?

Strawman. The point is, if you're going around saying "Look at me! I'm black and I do this and I don't do that" - then the implication is that black people are shit by default. Is that hard to grasp?

Maybe it is for you, since you think black people are "thugs" by default.

Dude, what the fuck does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

I see that the cat got Kool-Aid's tongue, as he's relegated himself to being your yesman.

sandsjames
10-04-2013, 08:56 PM
No, it's not - unless you consider white people to be rednecks by default, and that any white person who isn't a redneck is an exception. Come on, you're not that dumb are you?
So you considered blacks to be stereotypical? So any black who is not a thug is an exception? Glad to know where you're coming from.

Strawman. The point is, if you're going around saying "Look at me! I'm black and I do this and I don't do that" - then the implication is that black people are shit by default. Is that hard to grasp? I guess I see your point. If I didn't have any self esteem, I might think that someone bettering themselves despite what is "expected" of them as an insult.

Dude, what the fuck does this have to do with the discussion at hand?Because it seems any black person who doesn't fit the black stereotype is labeled an "Uncle Tom". That's how it fits in with the discussion. Is that hard to grasp?

I see that the cat got Kool-Aid's tongue, as he's relegated himself to being your yesman. Yeah, a white guy and a black guy agree on something and you instantly label him as a "yesman". Thanks for proving my point.

Bunch
10-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Actually, his statement does. And since I'm the one that asked, I figured I was answered by his comment,

And you still a racist.

sandsjames
10-04-2013, 08:59 PM
You still a racist.

Great argument. Good point.

Bunch
10-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Pointing out racism got nothing to do with having "a chip on their shoulders".

Bunch
10-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Great argument. Good point.

Thank you.

Rusty Jones
10-04-2013, 09:13 PM
So you considered blacks to be stereotypical? So any black who is not a thug is an exception? Glad to know where you're coming from.

I have no clue where you got this from. YOU brought up thugs. Not me. That shows how YOU view blacks.

I guess I see your point. If I didn't have any self esteem, I might think that someone bettering themselves despite what is "expected" of them as an insult.

You keep ignoring the key part. If you keep saying that you're a "good" black person, then the implication that blacks are "bad" by default.

Because it seems any black person who doesn't fit the black stereotype is labeled an "Uncle Tom". That's how it fits in with the discussion. Is that hard to grasp?

Why do you keep forcing things on me that YOU bring up? No one here said anything about "Uncle Tom" except YOU.

Yeah, a white guy and a black guy agree on something and you instantly label him as a "yesman". Thanks for proving my point.

No, I called him a "yesman" because he let you take over his battle instead of fighting it himself. He's YOUR supporter now.

Your post was infested with straw men.

kool-aid
10-04-2013, 09:20 PM

Strawman. The point is, if you're going around saying "Look at me! I'm black and I do this and I don't do that" - then the implication is that black people are shit by default. Is that hard to grasp?

Maybe it is for you, since you think black people are "thugs" by default.

Dude, what the fuck does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

I see that the cat got Kool-Aid's tongue, as he's relegated himself to being your yesman.

Actually I see no point in trying to explain myself to you anymore. There's nothing wrong with wanting better for yourself and any human being than following the gang culture example, dropping out of school in record numbers, living in homes where dad's are out of the picture and our culture is pushing hoes, big money, drugs and killing. I guess trying to be "exceptional" is just a bad thing, and I will be exceptional and not get drug into more pointless tit-for-tat with people who are more proud to be black, rather than human.

Bunch
10-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Actually I see no point in trying to explain myself to you anymore. There's nothing wrong with wanting better for yourself and any human being than following the gang culture example, dropping out of school in record numbers, living in homes where dad's are out of the picture and our culture is pushing hoes, big money, drugs and killing. I guess trying to be "exceptional" is just a bad thing, and I will be exceptional and not get drug into more pointless tit-for-tat with people who are more proud to be black, rather than human.

What's up with the strawman arguments here!! No one here is arguing that doing better is a bad thing. That wasn't the point of this thread. The point of this thread was to demean black people. If you want to have that conversation about minorities and how they should prosper we can have that debate but not on this thread.

AJBIGJ
10-04-2013, 09:29 PM
What's up with the strawman arguments here!! No one here is arguing that doing better is a bad thing. That wasn't the point of this thread. The point of this thread was to demean black people. If you want to have that conversation about minorities and how they should prosper we can have that debate but not on this thread.

Why not this thread though? Do you agree or disagree that an individual rising above the standard of living they were born into is a good thing? Is it worthwhile or not worthwhile to encourage others to do likewise? And is it "racist" to desire to rise above one's circumstances?

Bunch
10-04-2013, 09:43 PM
There's a point to this thread???

You mean besides people feeling free to make disparaging statements about black people?... NO!

sandsjames
10-04-2013, 09:46 PM
You mean besides people feeling free to make disparaging statements about black people?... NO!

That's because Rusty said if you make possitive comments about a black person you are saying that all the rest "are shit"....

RobotChicken
10-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Media talked race all the time in trayvon story, haven't heard anything about race in last three stories.

Mediatakeout http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/65360/for-the-third-time-in-a-few-weeks-a-black-person-goes-crazy-in-dc-this-time-a-brother-sets-himself-on-fire-at-the-national-mall-warning-graphic-pics-of-dude-cooking-like-a-hotdog-at-a-bbq.html

:spy "Sorry 'Tak' ; Can't comment on this one yet for I still haven't received this weeks updated 'Websters PC Dictionary for Dummies' yet.":dancestick:

TJMAC77SP
10-05-2013, 05:47 PM
No.

I like people to make fools of themselves, exposed them for what they really are and then educate them with TRUTH.

Actually I don't believe that is your intention at all.

Calling someone a racist doesn't make one a racist.

TJMAC77SP
10-05-2013, 05:50 PM

And...........in the event you were wondering it is posts like this that show your actual agenda. How exactly is his statement irrelevant? Inconvenient to your position, without a doubt, irrelevant, hardly

Bunch
10-05-2013, 05:55 PM

I like calling out racist people for making overt or covert racist statement... That's all.

Bunch
10-05-2013, 05:56 PM

I like calling out racist people for making overt or covert racist statement... That's all.

Bunch
10-05-2013, 06:06 PM
And...........in the event you were wondering it is posts like this that show your actual agenda. How exactly is his statement irrelevant? Inconvenient to your position, without a doubt, irrelevant, hardly

Think what you wish...

There was one point in this thread from the start. Falsely accusing Sharpton and Jackson of not caring about black on black violence as a way to rally the racist troops to then disparage all black people. That was the point of this thread. I will be here anytime calling out anyone that try to start some racial shit and think its a cool and shit. Being racist might be cool and acceptable inside the houses of many here but if people try to bring that racism shit into the open I expect them not to flip out when I called them out. I don't mind racist people they can do what ever they want as long it doesn't affect me. I do mind racist people that get mad when they are called out. If people want to be racist then they should have the courage of being proud of it.

What Kool Aid was saying about people not liking him because he did something of himself is not what at least I'm arguing here. I'm a minority too and I also got to succeed in life and we can have a conversation about what it takes for a Hispanic or African American to prosper in this country any time just not in this thread. This thread is soak in the stench and putridness of racism.

TJMAC77SP
10-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Think what you wish...

There was one point in this thread from the start. Falsely accusing Sharpton and Jackson of not caring about black on black violence as a way to rally the racist troops to then disparage all black people. That was the point of this thread. I will be here anytime calling out anyone that try to start some racial shit and think its a cool and shit. Being racist might be cool and acceptable inside the houses of many here but if people try to bring that racism shit into the open I expect them not to flip out when I called them out. I don't mind racist people they can do what ever they want as long it doesn't affect me. I do mind racist people that get mad when they are called out. If people want to be racist then they should have the courage of being proud of it.

What Kool Aid was saying about people not liking him because he did something of himself is not what at least I'm arguing here. I'm a minority too and I also got to succeed in life and we can have a conversation about what it takes for a Hispanic or African American to prosper in this country any time just not in this thread. This thread is soak in the stench and putridness of racism.

We can agree on one thing................think what you wish.

I also like exposing people for what they are and attempt to stay covert. Whether it's their racism or other weak minded position. Guess there are two things we agree on.

Make that three........there is indeed a distinct smell in this thread.

Pullinteeth
10-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Media talked race all the time in trayvon story, haven't heard anything about race in last three stories.

Here you go....media talking race. Synopis. Black men haranged white soldiers for being white.....driver called 'em off when he realized they were soldiers...one fatally stabbed one of the soldiers.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/07/justice/washington-soldier-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

AJBIGJ
10-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Here you go....media talking race. Synopis. Black men haranged white soldiers for being white.....driver called 'em off when he realized they were soldiers...one fatally stabbed one of the soldiers.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/07/justice/washington-soldier-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Going to need some sort of evidence before I can buy the "racist" aspect here. It could be these fellows were just anti-military.

Pullinteeth
10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Going to need some sort of evidence before I can buy the "racist" aspect here. It could be these fellows were just anti-military.

Really?

"Police are trying to determine who killed Geike, who they said was walking with two other soldiers in Lakewood after 2 a.m. Saturday when someone in a passing car yelled a comment about them being white.

The groups exchanged words, and the driver called off his friends when he realized the three were soldiers, police said."

AJBIGJ
10-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Really?

"Police are trying to determine who killed Geike, who they said was walking with two other soldiers in Lakewood after 2 a.m. Saturday when someone in a passing car yelled a comment about them being white.

The groups exchanged words, and the driver called off his friends when he realized the three were soldiers, police said."

I'll put aside the fact that I personally find classifying something a "hate crime" extremely problematic even under the worst of circumstances. The way they referred to the comments made was vague at the best of times. A comment "about being white" is hardly what you would call conclusively a racial epithet.

The rest of the comments are even referred to even more vaguely. Context is extremely important when we charge "racism", and we have little to none of that. Nor do we get more than one side of the heated exchange, this is circumstancial evidence even supporting more than manslaughter of this one individual. Too few details...

Rusty Jones
10-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Are they only vocal when blacks are wronged,
But not when they do the wronging.

You want someone to speak for whites victimized by blacks? Get a white leader to do it.

Rusty Jones
10-07-2013, 04:30 PM
No, I wasn't saying that, as we know, noone speaks for whites when they are wrong, becuase noone is to blame except the individual
who did the crime. I am saying when blacks commit crimes there is no voice from the black community speaking on what is causing them
to commit crimes, speaking on the 3 mental health related stories. Do you see what I am saying or am I off base?

The problem I'm having is that, for years, people have been using Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson - two people that the majority of the black Americans don't give a damn about - to guilt trip black people. Black people have been getting Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson shoved down their throats, lumped in with them, pinned on them, held accountable for them - you name it - for years, when the majority want nothing to do with them.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of this shit. Can whites get a leader that they don't want to be associated with too, that way no one has any room to talk? Please, I'm begging!

By the way, download the Pruit-Igoe Myth video from Torrent that I was talking about earlier.

After that, we can discuss mixed-income communities that are being used to correct much of what's been going on the past few decades.

SomeRandomGuy
10-07-2013, 04:34 PM
The problem I'm having is that, for years, people have been using Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson - two people that the majority of the black Americans don't give a damn about - to guilt trip black people. Black people have been getting Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson shoved down their throats, lumped in with them, pinned on them, held accountable for them - you name it - for years, when the majority want nothing to do with them.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of this shit. Can whites get a leader that they don't want to be associated with too, that way no one has any room to talk? Please, I'm begging!

By the way, download the Pruit-Igoe Myth video from Torrent that I was talking about earlier.

After that, we can discuss mixed-income communities that are being used to correct much of what's been going on the past few decades.

I would say the closest thing us white people have is being associated with Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck if we are republican. For some reason people think those two are supposed to be the voice of white republicans.

sandsjames
10-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I would say the closest thing us white people have is being associated with Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck if we are republican. For some reason people think those two are supposed to be the voice of white republicans.

Yep, and every time something happens, they get shoved down our throat. So I guess you could say they are the white Sharpton/Jackson. Good comparison, I think.

As far as a "white leader", I don't feel the need to have someone defending my actions if I act stupid.

Rusty Jones
10-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Yep, and every time something happens, they get shoved down our throat. So I guess you could say they are the white Sharpton/Jackson. Good comparison, I think.

Bullshit.

When a white on black murder occurs, do you hear black people asking "Where's Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh?"

When a white man has ten white bodies buried in his backyard, do you hear black people asking "Where's the outrage?" or "Why aren't Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh admonishing them?"

C'mon, now!

As far as a "white leader", I don't feel the need to have someone defending my actions if I act stupid.

Whether or not you "need" a white leader is irrelevant. As we can see with what the posters here are saying, black people are stuck with Sharpton and Jackson whether they want them or not.

sandsjames
10-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Bullshit.

When a white on black murder occurs, do you hear black people asking "Where's Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh?"

When a white man has ten white bodies buried in his backyard, do you hear black people asking "Where's the outrage?" or "Why aren't Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh admonishing them?"

C'mon, now!

Whether or not you "need" a white leader is irrelevant. As we can see with what the posters here are saying, black people are stuck with Sharpton and Jackson whether they want them or not.

The difference is that most whites who don't agree with our radical leaders will call them out. I rarely hear other extreme leaders called out by people they "represent".

Rusty Jones
10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
The difference is that most whites who don't agree with our radical leaders will call them out. I rarely hear other extreme leaders called out by people they "represent".

Bullshit.

Most of the posters here - even the ones who keep bringing up Sharpton and Jackson - know fully well that most blacks want nothing to do with them. And that's something that they wouldn't know, unless black people made their thoughts known.

What white leaders have whites called out? There are no "white leaders" to begin with!

AJBIGJ
10-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Bullshit.

Most of the posters here - even the ones who keep bringing up Sharpton and Jackson - know fully well that most blacks want nothing to do with them. And that's something that they wouldn't know, unless black people made their thoughts known.

What white leaders have whites called out? There are no "white leaders" to begin with!

I always figured it was more the white progressive demographic that gave Sharpton and Jackson "validation" as a voicebox of the black community (whatever such a construct entails). There is obviously a demand coming from somewhere for the "services" (term used as loosely as achievable) that these two individuals provide. I'd venture it gives them some sort of "insider's non-racist club" assurance that an individual who doesn't espouse racially oriented notions shouldn't really concern themselves with. I will venture some of the demand probably is generated via "Conservatives" as well, as these two individuals are some of the progressives that conservatives "love to hate".

Rusty Jones
10-07-2013, 06:27 PM
I always figured it was more the white progressive demographic that gave Sharpton and Jackson "validation" as a voicebox of the black community (whatever such a construct entails). There is obviously a demand coming from somewhere for the "services" (term used as loosely as achievable) that these two individuals provide. I'd venture it gives them some sort of "insider's non-racist club" assurance that an individual who doesn't espouse racially oriented notions shouldn't really concern themselves with.

I question this sometimes. For example, I wouldn't have even known about Al Sharpton's involvement in the Travon Martin incident were it not for conservatives expressing how pissed off they are about it.

I will venture some of the demand probably is generated via "Conservatives" as well, as these two individuals are some of the progressives that conservatives "love to hate".

Exactly. These two men are the "straw men" that are being used against blacks.

I'll say this, though... there is less beef against Al Sharpton than Jesse Jackson. Al Sharpton is seen more as an attention whore but, to his credit, at least appears to believe everything he says and will put something on the line for it.

Jesse Jackson lost all respect over 20 years ago, when he said that "sex is for procreation, not recreation" - come to find out very shortly thereafter, he has children that were conceived outside of his marriage.

And here's the kicker - Jesse Jackson got to where he was because of Martin Luther King. He was supposed to be the man who continued MLK's work.

Oh, and Glenn Beck just "loves" MLK, doesn't he? In 2027, when the archives on MLK are released, we're going to find out just what kind of man MLK really was. He already has friends saying that white prostitutes would be seen entering his hotel rooms, and leaving badly beaten and bruised. There are plenty of other rumors about him as well - such as him beating his wife, being involved with the CPUSA, etc.

Mind you - I'm speaking independently of the general black perspective on this, because I have lost friends over what I'm saying.

My personal thought is that MLK have been just as bad, if not worse, than Jesse Jackson.

Secondly, I can't attribute the end of Jim Crow to MLK. Here's why: LBJ himself was always involved in Civil Rights, and both he and MLK hated eachother. LBJ is the reason why Jim Crown ended. Many people came before MLK and did the same thing... "whitey" wasn't going to end Jim Crow until he was damned good and ready. MLK just happened to be the man when it happened. On top of this - and this is something that "mainstream" history doesn't tell you - much of the reason for ending Jim Crow has to do with the Cold War. The Soviet Union knew all about Jim Crow, lynchings, etc, etc - and would bring this up every time the US spoke of the USSR's human rights violations. The USSR even went out of its way to use Jim Crow in its propaganda against the US, and was pretty successful at it - this actually forced the hand of the US government to start ending Jim Crow. In other words, Martin Luther King had little, if anything, to do with it.

Malcolm X is actually the man that deserves the praise - even though some, like sandsjames, only focuses on the man before he made his pilgrimage to Mecca.

Can someone please find me a speech that MLK made to blacks, telling them what they need to do to better themselves?

I can show you PLENTY that Malcolm X made.

AJBIGJ
10-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I question this sometimes. For example, I wouldn't have even known about Al Sharpton's involvement in the Travon Martin incident were it not for conservatives expressing how pissed off they are about it.

Exactly. These two men are the "straw men" that are being used against blacks.

I'll say this, though... there is less beef against Al Sharpton than Jesse Jackson. Al Sharpton is seen more as an attention whore but, to his credit, at least appears to believe everything he says and will put something on the line for it.

Jesse Jackson lost all respect over 20 years ago, when he said that "sex is for procreation, not recreation" - come to find out very shortly thereafter, he has children that were conceived outside of his marriage.

And here's the kicker - Jesse Jackson got to where he was because of Martin Luther King. He was supposed to be the man who continued MLK's work.

Oh, and Glenn Beck just "loves" MLK, doesn't he? In 2027, when the archives on MLK are released, we're going to find out just what kind of man MLK really was. He already has friends saying that white prostitutes would be seen entering his hotel rooms, and leaving badly beaten and bruised. There are plenty of other rumors about him as well - such as him beating his wife, being involved with the CPUSA, etc.

Mind you - I'm speaking independently of the general black perspective on this, because I have lost friends over what I'm saying.

My personal thought is that MLK have been just as bad, if not worse, than Jesse Jackson.

Secondly, I can't attribute the end of Jim Crow to MLK. Here's why: LBJ himself was always involved in Civil Rights, and both he and MLK hated eachother. LBJ is the reason why Jim Crown ended. Many people came before MLK and did the same thing... "whitey" wasn't going to end Jim Crow until he was damned good and ready. MLK just happened to be the man when it happened. On top of this - and this is something that "mainstream" history doesn't tell you - much of the reason for ending Jim Crow has to do with the Cold War. The Soviet Union knew all about Jim Crow, lynchings, etc, etc - and would bring this up every time the US spoke of the USSR's human rights violations. The USSR even went out of its way to use Jim Crow in its propaganda against the US, and was pretty successful at it - this actually forced the hand of the US government to start ending Jim Crow. In other words, Martin Luther King had little, if anything, to do with it.

Malcolm X is actually the man that deserves the praise - even though some, like sandsjames, only focuses on the man before he made his pilgrimage to Mecca.

Can someone please find me a speech that MLK made to blacks, telling them what they need to do to better themselves?

I can show you PLENTY that Malcolm X made.
Couldn't speak to the Beck thing, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of time I've listened to anything coming from that direction. Me personally, I think, then and now, Malcolm X and MLK made the core of the debate in the movement. Both kind of covered the point/counterpoint to how to move away from Jim Crow.

One quote comes to mind though:
"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."

I think this is especially true regarding the LBJ comments about ending the Jim Crow era, I think the movement was far ahead of LBJ in that regard. LBJ changed the law, but MLK and Malcolm X changed the culture. The latter is what put the nail in the Jim Crow coffin. If there wasn't such a demand from the culture, the law would undoubtedly have remained stagnant. LBJ had very little to gain by the Equal Opportunity Legislation if he hadn't had the demand in the constituency for it, from all variety of races. You can never really legislate a collective paradigm I'm afraid.

sandsjames
10-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Bullshit.

What white leaders have whites called out? There are no "white leaders" to begin with!I would agree with that. I'm in charge of my own thoughts and beliefs.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-08-2013, 08:07 AM
You are the one who started that particular line of reasoning. Flawed reasoning in that is was a faulty comparison. You may not like country music but your comparison of it to the 'gangsta' music genre is severely flawed. My opinion is that you see that and thus you don't want to 'play in that discussion'.

Don't you ever call one of my posts seriously flawed again! :)

Sorry if I hurt your feelings comparing country music to rap music but it is very much a valid comparison in that both music types continually brag and boast about their particular sub culture.

I'm not alone in my line of thinking because here are only two out of many blog posts from country music fans, themselves, complaining about the very same thing.

Truck Yeah!

Hank Williams didn't sing about being country. He's Hank Williams! You already know he is! Today, country has gone the route of rap music, where you just brag over loud noises for three minutes. No story, no soul, just talkin bout my truck yo. Tim attempts to rap this nonsense, name dropping a country legend Lil Wayne in the process. Keep in mind this is a 40 something, almost 50 year old man.

http://keepitcountrykids.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-5-worst-songs-of-2012.html

The History of the Country Checklist / Laundry List Song

These days you can’t go a few minutes listening to modern mainstream country radio without hearing a “Laundry List” song in the rotation. Usually with little or no plot or story, they simply spew out easily-identifyable elements of country culture (ice cold beer, pickup trucks, dirt roads, etc.) in an attempt to appeal to mostly non-country demographics that can live the country life vicariously through the shallow lyrics.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/the-history-of-the-country-checklist-laundry-list-song

http://youtu.be/rf7GfUORHtw

Same dumb as shit theme as any rap song. Singing about being a proud bad ass.

TJMAC77SP
10-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Bullshit.

I don't know that. In fact, it would appear some here admire Sharpton and Jackson.

"There are no "white leaders" to begin with"? Really?!?! Did you want to revise that statement?

TJMAC77SP
10-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't you ever call one of my posts seriously flawed again! :)

Sorry if I hurt your feelings comparing country music to rap music but it is very much a valid comparison in that both music types continually brag and boast about their particular sub culture.

I'm not alone in my line of thinking because here are only two out of many blog posts from country music fans, themselves, complaining about the very same thing.

Truck Yeah!

Hank Williams didn't sing about being country. He's Hank Williams! You already know he is! Today, country has gone the route of rap music, where you just brag over loud noises for three minutes. No story, no soul, just talkin bout my truck yo. Tim attempts to rap this nonsense, name dropping a country legend Lil Wayne in the process. Keep in mind this is a 40 something, almost 50 year old man.

http://keepitcountrykids.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-5-worst-songs-of-2012.html

The History of the Country Checklist / Laundry List Song

These days you can’t go a few minutes listening to modern mainstream country radio without hearing a “Laundry List” song in the rotation. Usually with little or no plot or story, they simply spew out easily-identifyable elements of country culture (ice cold beer, pickup trucks, dirt roads, etc.) in an attempt to appeal to mostly non-country demographics that can live the country life vicariously through the shallow lyrics.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/the-history-of-the-country-checklist-laundry-list-song

I would venture at this point that it wasn't my feelings that have been hurt. You didn't merely compare two genres of music. The point isn't merely a comparison. The point is that what the two music genres are espousing is diametrically opposed. Gang violence (and violence in general) vs. "ice cold beer, pickup trucks, dirt roads, etc".............You REALLY don't see that?

Rusty Jones
10-08-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't know that. In fact, it would appear some here admire Sharpton and Jackson.

Like who? I can't speak for Bunch, it appears that his posting of speeches made by Sharpton and Jackson had more to do with him being tired of listening to all of the "where's the outrage" rhetoric than any admiration for them.

But I won't speak for Bunch. But I could see myself doing the same thing if I was aware of those speeches.

"There are no "white leaders" to begin with"? Really?!?! Did you want to revise that statement?

Okay, who are these white leaders? David Duke? I'm not counting white supremacists. Who would be the white equivalent to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson? If there is one, I don't know about him (or her).

sandsjames
10-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Okay, who are these white leaders? David Duke? I'm not counting white supremacists. Who would be the white equivalent to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson? If there is one, I don't know about him (or her).

Actually, yes...you hit the nail on the head. Sharpton and Jackson are the equivalent of David Duke. Great comparison.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-08-2013, 04:27 PM
I would venture at this point that it wasn't my feelings that have been hurt. You didn't merely compare two genres of music. The point isn't merely a comparison. The point is that what the two music genres are espousing is diametrically opposed. Gang violence (and violence in general) vs. "ice cold beer, pickup trucks, dirt roads, etc".............You REALLY don't see that?

First of all, both music types are extremely dumb.

Secondly, the fact that they are diametrically opposed on one level but in essence the exact same thing on another level should speak volumes to you.

And for the 100th time, my original comparison was rebut a statement that white people don't fall victim to images in the media.

The fact that you and your "Hillbilly Proud" buddies blew your collective cowboy hats over the comparison proves that I am right.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some shopping to do at the Gap right after I download the latest Lumineers song and spend twenty dollars at Starbucks.

PS

That Tim McGraw video is tremendously dumb, why do you buy into that shit?

Rusty Jones
10-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Actually, yes...you hit the nail on the head. Sharpton and Jackson are the equivalent of David Duke. Great comparison.

Um, no. Regardless of whether or not you feel Sharpton and/or Jackson are "racists," you know as well as I do that there's a difference between being a racist and being a supremacist. I'd compare Louis Farrakhan, maybe, to David Duke. Not Sharpton or Jackson.

sandsjames
10-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Secondly, the fact that they are diametrically opposed on one level but in essence the exact same thing on another level should speak volumes to you.

And for the 100th time, my original comparison was rebut a statement that white people don't fall victim to images in the media.

The fact that you and your "Hillbilly Proud" buddies blew your collective cowboy hats over the comparison proves that I am right.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some shopping to do at the Gap right after I download the latest Lumineers song and spend twenty dollars at Starbucks.

PS

Again, I am not AT ALL a fan of country music. However, to compare drinking and trucks to killing people is silly.

Rap isn't the problem. I enjoy Rap more than I enjoy Country. "Gangsta Rap" is the problem. If Country talked about beating their wives, then it would be a valid comparison.

sandsjames
10-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Um, no. Regardless of whether or not you feel Sharpton and/or Jackson are "racists," you know as well as I do that there's a difference between being a racist and being a supremacist. I'd compare Louis Farrakhan, maybe, to David Duke. Not Sharpton or Jackson.

Ok, I'll grant you that. And I'd almost go as far as to say Sharpton and Jackson, just like Beck and Limbaugh, have become caricatures of themselves. I think a very small percentage of people take any of them seriously. Unfortunately, there are some from both communities that do climb on board.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Again, I am not AT ALL a fan of country music. However, to compare drinking and trucks to killing people is silly.

Rap isn't the problem. I enjoy Rap more than I enjoy Country. "Gangsta Rap" is the problem. If Country talked about beating their wives, then it would be a valid comparison.

I would like to point out that I never compared drinking beer or pickup trucks to killing people.

The people who are defending country music are the ones making that comparison.

My comparison centered on the boastful nature of both types of music. Each type of music continually brags and glorifies their particular sub culture to ridiculous levels.

sandsjames
10-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I would like to point out that I never compared drinking beer or pickup trucks to killing people.

The people who are defending country music are the ones making that comparison.

My comparison centered on the boastful nature of both types of music. Each type of music continually brags and glorifies their particular sub culture to ridiculous levels.

Yes, but only one of them has people killing "competitors" and bragging about it.

Rusty Jones
10-08-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't really even listen to 21st century hip hop, but if anyone has been paying attention, hip hop hasn't been "about killing people" for a good 15 years now.

Now it's all about freaky sexual acts, twerking, and drinking expensive alcohol.

sandsjames
10-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I don't really even listen to 21st century hip hop, but if anyone has been paying attention, hip hop hasn't been "about killing people" for a good 15 years now.

Now it's all about freaky sexual acts, twerking, and drinking expensive alcohol.

Can't say I have been. If it's after...oh...'95, I probably haven't heard it...

TJMAC77SP
10-08-2013, 06:01 PM

PS

We can discuss the relative dumbness of any genre of music if you want but that would be a new discussion.

Your original point was this…………

Later posts now seem to merely compare the shortfalls of the genres but you have never retracted your original statement above which is (to repeat myself) seriously flawed.

As for my ‘Hillbilly Proud’ buddies and cowboy hats, this Boston born and bred man has never and will never own a cowboy hat nor would any hillbilly (or redneck which might be the term you were looking for) accept me as one of their own. One doesn’t have to be a member of any particular group to defend illogical attacks on it.

PS…What Tim McGraw video are you referring to?

TJMAC77SP
10-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Like who? I can't speak for Bunch, it appears that his posting of speeches made by Sharpton and Jackson had more to do with him being tired of listening to all of the "where's the outrage" rhetoric than any admiration for them.

But I won't speak for Bunch. But I could see myself doing the same thing if I was aware of those speeches.

It’s posts like this that cause people to challenge your credibility. No one is asking you to speak for anyone but I will assume you can read and comprehend what someone, anyone has written. In fact you seem to be able to state categorically what some (or most as you state) are actually thinking but now you can’t speak for a particular poster……………

…..Most of the posters here - even the ones who keep bringing up Sharpton and Jackson - know fully well that most blacks want nothing to do with them. And that's something that they wouldn't know, unless black people made their thoughts known…..

I am confused. Perhaps I didn’t understand your statement (although I quoted it verbatim).

…..What white leaders have whites called out? There are no "white leaders" to begin with!

Weren’t you stating that there are ‘no white leaders to begin with’?

Rainmaker
10-08-2013, 07:23 PM
It’s posts like this that cause people to challenge your credibility. No one is asking you to speak for anyone but I will assume you can read and comprehend what someone, anyone has written. In fact you seem to be able to state categorically what some (or most as you state) are actually thinking but now you can’t speak for a particular poster……………

I am confused. Perhaps I didn’t understand your statement (although I quoted it verbatim).

Weren’t you stating that there are ‘no white leaders to begin with’?

You know what happens when you assume?

spirit_eyes
10-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Folks, Jim Crow? You do know that the basic of that is one drop of black or red (native) makes you that race. One drop of white blood would not make you white, under Jim Crow.

Rusty Jones
10-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Folks, Jim Crow? You do know that the basic of that is one drop of black or red (native) makes you that race. One drop of white blood would not make you white, under Jim Crow.

Nope. The one drop rule only applied black ancestry. Look up the Racial Integrity Act of 1929, as started by Walter Plecker in Virginia. This was the first law in the country that legislated one drop. This act also allowed for whites to have 1/16th or less Native American ancestry, although this varied from state to state - among those that even had a one drop rule.

Finally, the "one drop rule" ceased to exist in 1967 during Loving vs Virginia at the US Supreme Court.

Methinks you're a twinkie.

Rusty Jones
10-10-2013, 04:36 PM
FYI, a good portion of the motivation behind Walter Plecker's policies was due to people mixed with black and white passing for Native American - this actually did happen to such an extent that many people today, both black and white, believe they have Native American ancestry when it may have really been someone like this who passed.